• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern a r t s o f a c o n a r t i s t

lunnaris

numb! little! bug!
The music's in the perfect tone.

That was Karinna's first thought as she took a sip from her first drink of the night, a cosmopolitan her friend had invited her to, and she absolutely despised the flavour... Although she was good enough at hiding her true feelings about it. The warm lighting was dim in the elegant club, the music was smooth and quiet enough to comfortably talk over it, in fact, sometimes it was barely noticeable with the murmur of all the adults in the room. "So, yeah, as you know there's plenty of fishes in the sea but my bait is no good" Her blonde haired friend responded while taking a long sip from her drink, which was already three-quarters done, "Am I even that bad looking?"
Our female character couldn't help but let a small amused giggle, "Honetly, I'm glad that's your biggest worry" ... Is what she would've said if she was gulping down her third drink for the night, but thankfully she wasn't ready to kill the mood like that, she could bear her materialistic worries for a while longer, "It's not your bait that's bad, it's... how you sell it!" She managed to find the words in the end as she chugged down the drink... After all, the longer she held it, the more that perfume-like taste would stick in her taste buds.

"Sell it?" Lena, that was the name of the blonde, battered her artificial eyelashes in confusion, Ah, this is gonna be a long night- Karinna thought to herself as she asked for a Malibu Cocktail, which suited more her personal preferences.
"Lena, you practically stalked the last guy you met on socials and then blurted the facts you knew about him, do you realize how creepy it may be to some?"
"I'm just - fiiine, then how do you sell yourself Rina?" She crossed her arms infront of her chest while asking for another round of her own drink. Karinna thanked the waiter who brought the menu, lightly placing a hand on his bicep with a very practiced giggle who left the waiter distracted enough for her to swiftly unlock his silver watch.

As he left with a light smirk on his face, the female placed it around her own wrist before turning to her friend so she could see her new treasure, "Like that" She smiled amused, it was a decent watch, at least it wasn't fake... She could sell it nicely.
"You have an addicition" The other huffed as she looked at the glistening watch, "What about those who don't have your need for stealing all men they meet?" Her eyebrows raised amused, wondering what her reply would be.
"Hell yeah I do " She giggled playfully before tucking a strand of her deep wine hair behind her ear, "Eh, where's the fun in that?". Karinna's ocean eyes where always searching for the targets, specially in confident men, those were the easiest to take down: a watch, a wallet, an expensive pen... Where some of the few things she had learned to easily, let's say, "borrow" after being invited to some luxurious dinners wherever. Her mind had learned to spot the patterns in the movements of strangers and find their blind spots, guess she was starting to enjoy being a conartist after all.

She suddenly noticed her blonde partner lean forward and whispering in her ear, "Oh well I don't know... But I defenitely see some fun in him" Her blue nail pointed straight at a broad silhouette in at the bar. "So?, you're gonna show me how it's done?" Karinna's eyes glistened with a certain sense of excitement, "Are you daring me?"
"I am."
That was all she needed to know. A spark of competetiveness entered into her mindset, as well as the fact that the alcohol was starting to settle in, bringing a wave of confidence to her. Additionally, the male target was quite good-looking for what she could see in the distance. As she stood up, she adjusted her short black silk dress that hugged her curves enhancing her silhouette whislt walking towards the bar.
She knew how to play her cards, the first one being to just sit a couple of stools away from him, alone, "Excuse me, may I have a Mai Tai?" She asked to the barista in a silky smooth voice. "Right on" He nodded as he went off to prepare her drink. Meanwhile, she lightly played with the ends of her straightened loose hair, crossing one of her legs over the other, reavealing a light bit of her thigh.

CODE / SEROBLISS
Johan Freisler
Veteran Con Artist
After a decade of gambling his odds in the world of deception, Johan's observation of his surroundings had altered in his favor when it came to the arts of swindling the gullible. A sense of regret had always bothered his consciousness, as trust was a difficult emotion to develop when one had to break it constantly with those he had socialized. Unlike the novice days, however, Johan's confidence was on guard at all times, eternally notifying him of his surroundings, despite wanting to at least once, experience a proper social life.

Not that it was anything dreadful, though. He was worth over seven figures - a number he could never have dreamed of during his first day, as this was supposed to be a profession he would dabble in only for a specific period of time to pay off his debts. Alas, an innate talent he had discovered had led to an addiction that he probably should have absolved when his real name was starting to make the headlines.

He unconsciously thought as he savored his drink—a simple shot of vodka with no additional mixing. He had intended to slightly numb himself for tonight. Best to go home lightheaded than to rob a few people of their possessions, especially when today was supposed to be his day off, relaxing at the cosmopolitan. And he would have struck up a conversation with the beauties at the corner if it wasn't for the obvious con artist who had scouted their target, eyeing the key points like a hawk, in which Johan had realized the moment she had taken her seat.

Ah. Sometimes, it's better to play stupid to at least entertain yourself with amateurs. Not that he minded, she wasn't an old hag—it's better to get robbed by a fox than to have your wallet siphoned by some aged scammer whose tricks were limited to pity.

The scarlet matron had sat a few stools away from his, which he indirectly replied with a soft chuckle. He gazed at the clear glass of vodka that had recently been refilled and swirled it around for a second, devising his next step, before curving the edge of his lips slightly to give off a charming smile.

At a moment's notice, he silently moved his seat next to her's, effectively biting the bait. "Make that two, if you will." He gestured at the bartender and immediately downed the shot of vodka, clearing his table for the cocktail. "Quite an expensive drink to enjoy by yourself, don't you think?"

lunnaris lunnaris

Last edited:
CODE / SEROBLISS
Karinna Mercutio
Novice Con Artist
His voice suprised her, she wasn't going to lie to herself. The stranger approached her with a closer proximity than what she expected, and he did seem quite a charismatic persona, you could tell he had done this in quite a few other occassions. In her mind, she huffed lightly I expected a bit more from you Mr pretty-face, can't believe you are really that desperate, and what pick up line even is that? At least, he seemed like someone a bit more entertaining to talk to than the usual plain, overconfident white businessman who seemed to compose 60% of the people in the restaurant. He portrayed some sort of elegance and charm that was quite magnetic. She liked "magnetic" people.

She lightly turned to face him, her blue gaze quickly travelling and scanning him in a glance before locking her eyes with his, she wanted his attention in anywhere that wasn't her hands of course. To her disappointment if she only knew, she was keeping her scan a bit longer than her dashing glances, probably due to the light diziness produced by her previous drinks. Her left hand lightly played with the clock she had been "gifted", adjusting it lightly to fit her rather small wrist with her quick , fine fingers, "Quite expensive place to be by yourself, wouldn't you say so?" Her head lightly tilted to the side, the scarlet locks falling like a light river over her pale shoulder, "But I don't know what you mean by myself, as far as I can see, there's one" she said pointing to herself and then lightly turning her polished nail towards him, "and two" .

A light smile appeared on her soft tinted lips as she swiftly moved her hair to reveal her shoulder again as well as her earrings with small pearls hanging from an elongated golden string, "By the looks of your quick chug you don't seem to be a soft drinker," She commented referring to the vodka he had so easily evaporated in a moment, " I can't believe a stranger is worth the change in your usual drinks" she playfully joked.

Novelight Novelight

Last edited:
CODE / SEROBLISS
Johan Freisler
Veteran Con Artist
Johan scoffed in response to the feedback. To show off his materialistic goods, the black-haired conman began to play his card and rolled up his sleeves to unveil the branded watch reflecting before the golden chandelier above, giving off a vibrant hue that would most certainly catch the eye of the girl one way or another. Let's play it simple and clean, Johan thought as he massaged his wrist, tightening the watch against his skin. "Well, it's definitely a challenge to switch drinks once in a while."

Johan smirked, "Fruity drinks tend to ruin my taste buds, honestly. The sweet mixture with alcohol tastes too... How do I put it—stimulating? Especially if I were to drink alone. Nothing worse than feeling lightheaded without company." His eyes would often sway to the hand gesture of the other party, focusing his other half of the attention in her movements. Whether it be for seductive or devious reasoning, Johan's strong alcohol tolerance had made it easier for him to pretend like he was influenced, while mentally he felt just fine.

The cocktail duo had arrived shortly after his last sentence and the bartender had left them alone to serve others afterward. He scoffed again and lightly handled his cocktail between the two of them, implying their first cheers. "Johan Freisler. Call me Johan, I'd prefer to skip last name formalities."

lunnaris lunnaris

CODE / SEROBLISS
Karinna Mercutio
Novice Con Artist
In another occassion, Karinna would've most likely doubted at least a slight bit of this man showing off all his goods right off the bat in such an open way to her. Yet the lightheadedness that kept bothering her due to her very weak resistance to alcohol made her pass these small details, ignoring them completely when she should be carefully evaluating him. "Don't worry about the company" She commented with a growing smirk on her features, "It does indeed taste stimulating, well at least it has a bit more play than straight up plain vodka... Pretty sure that's what ruined your taste buds" She mumbled her last comment... Ah, her dear bluntness always came in the worse moments.

She grabbed her drink and gave it a small swirl before doing a similar gesture and a gentle head nod, "You can call me Claire" She smirked in a rather playful tone whilst taking a sip and letting the sweet beverage run down her throat. What should've been a small sip in other occassions, was a longer one this time. "So, tell me, Johan..." She let the name echo on her mouth, adding a teasing tingle to the tone, "How come a handsome gentleman came to this club alone?" She lightly tilted her head as she got slightly closer.

This shit tastes better than what I expected... Karinna thought before taking another long sip from her drink. For a moment, she had forgotten her purpose on actually being there until the beam of one of the warm lights above them reflected on his watch. As she planned her attack to make her move, she also tried to lightly check on other options, maybe a hug could help her reach the wallet... She thought it was a bit too obvious but by the looks of it, he was already more drunk than her. For the moment, she decided that the conversation should go on, it was too soon to get too close.

Novelight Novelight

CODE / SEROBLISS
Johan Freisler
Veteran Con Artist
This girl was certainly something else. If he were a gullible middle-aged man with no experience in theft or con, she would have caught him off guard with her nefarious aura. He could see it, the slithering serpent that hid their fangs, but ready to strike at any given moment. Her acting wasn't so crummy, either. That seductive tone she entertained could allure the common man into their trap. He has seen it before with other women in his profession. The clear advantages of having female traits often made the other gender feel at a disadvantage, after all. He couldn't help but to softly chuckle at the thought of it, pretending to laugh in response to her comments.

"More so of an invitation, actually. Attending these types of clubs alone isn't exactly my thing, to be honest. It just happens so that the owner of this building is... an old friend of mine, and so I took up on his offer to have a little chitchat about the old times. Under normal circumstances I would've left after the conversation, but what do you know..." Johan's smirk lightly widened as he leaned forward and rested his elbow above the counter, resting his head on his hand, flashing the steel watch just next to his face, making it easier for her to understand her priorities. "For the first time in years, I found a gem that I couldn't just leave alone. I'm a materialistic person, you see. It's difficult for me to let go of a treasure that I know I can retrieve."

He had to be honest with himself. His choice of dialogue wasn't the best when it came to the dating scene, but he wanted to see her reaction and actually attempt to steal his materialistic goods. His charm came from his actions and social maneuvering, being able to jump obstacles that most people would not be able to, by simply doing what he excels at - the art of the con. He was no showoff, but she sure did push his buttons the right way. His smirk was more of his cockiness getting the better of him. Perhaps he shouldn't have made it so obvious, considering there's a chance that she knows that he's deliberately revealing his materials. The chances were low, but there. Nonetheless, Johan cared not and continued with his work.

Johan played his cards accordingly. The conman's next plan was to unveil his wallet under the gaze of his guest, to further compel her to attempt her trickery. Will she make it painfully obvious and go for an uncalled-for hug? Perhaps, she'll attempt to blind my sights by pushing her lips against his own. Johan found it amusing to guess her next move. Not that those weren't valid options and while it certainly would work for most, Johan enjoyed the attempts of his juniors, especially when they were trying to fool him. Without delay he slid his wallet from his back pocket and opened it to reveal several credit cards of various banks and serial numbers, deliberately flashing them for her to see.

She didn't need glasses to guess what fortune lied behind those colorful credit cards. "I'll be in your care for the rest of the night, Claire," Johan said with a brief chuckle, handing one of his cards to the bartender, insinuating that all drinks and other purchases would come from his finance.

lunnaris lunnaris

CODE / SEROBLISS
Karinna Mercutio
Novice Con Artist

As Karinna heard his deep voice when he spoke, she tried to sober up as much as possible, which was a sort of mission impossible, considering she still gave sips to her sweetened drink. Out of his words, she kept picking out the information that made the sound of cash resonate in the back of her head… The owner of the hotel is a close friend, he has a really expensive watch if it is real, and doesn’t mind using one of his, what was that? 6, 10 credit cards? On a stranger.
“You seem to be quite confident about making the treasure yours” She lightly cleared her throat as her eyes tried their best to not melt staring at the goods of this man. If she was sober, she would probably have noticed something off… Even if it was just the smirk on his face as if he was testing her. Yet the music, and especially the alcohol made it difficult for her to keep her focus and think straight.

She, of course, hadn’t forgotten about her friend, as she lightly looked over to Lena, she seemed to be having some fun herself with two young men who had approached her and were clearly trying to shoot their shot. Her focus returned to the cocky man leaning lightly on the table. “On my care? Then I guess I better make a good impression..” As she spoke, her hand lightly moved to his shoulder, lightly fixing his collar in a tender manner. At least she had made a first contact which would allow her to move forward at a faster pace… As their eyes met when she did this, she let out a small shy chuckle and looked away, her hand still remaining rather close to his.

She wondered how she could approach him much faster… Was there any corner they could be more intimate? She knew they were in a hotel, with rooms after all, but he seemed to have a bit more of class…
The alcohol was taking her to make actions she would’ve been much more cautious off if she actually tried to properly “borrow” some of his goods. “It’d be a shame if you forgot about me the next day, after all..” the hand that was closer to him lightly made its way to interlock their fingers together, her fine hands weaved their way through as she leaned forward and whispered, “I don’t think I’ll be forgetting you anytime soon”. Her body was now much closer to his as she stared at him, wondering if he was wasted enough… or desperate enough to keep going. If he pulled back, she also had the chance to grab the watch from his watch as her hand traced up and down his forearm.

Novelight Novelight

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back