• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Pokeking

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello there. I'm Pokeking. I would like to get back into roleplaying and I thought I would post this casting call. As I approach my anniversary of getting into roleplaying, I thought I would come here with these three college setting storylines.

Orientation: Gay
RP Experience: Nearly 20 years

Character Sheet: Optional with face claim also optional. The only information I ask about your character is name, age, and physical description.
Post Platform: I prefer posting in the roleplay forum.
Point of View: Third Person Past Tense
Post Length: I have been known to write long posts and short posts. I believe posts should be as long as they need to be for that entry. However, I think a post length of two paragraphs is a sufficient minimum.
Post Frequency: I am fine with two or three times a week. I do get concerned if a week passes without a post or a heads up. Speaking of which...
Ghosting: Sorry, but I dislike ghosting. If you want to discontinue the storyline, just let me know. I'll understand.

I enjoy discussing the storyline and brainstorming together through PM. My favorite thing to brainstorm together is place names.

Now on to the proposed storylines and in no particular order of interest.

180 day ago, humanity learned it was not alone in the universe. However, there was no flying saucer landing and no little green man making strange gestures saying "Take me to your leader." These others were here on Earth all along. On that day in February, in the town of Amiens in France, a man made a shocking proclamation. He told the assembled reporters that he was a werewolf. Viewers though that it was nonsense until fur sprouted from the man's skin and his head became that of a wolf's.

Werewolves are a sister species to humans. All those fanciful concepts such forced transformation during the full moon and power of silver bullets were just that. Fiction. However, their preternatural abilities such as enhanced strength and speed and senses are true. They can however, modify these abilities like a circuit breaker in order to perform at human levels according to their human physical appearance. A werewolf can appear perfectly human, can shift parts of themselves to their lupine counterparts. They can also transform all the way until they appear as wolves, but of a size corresponding to their human forms. Werewolves are biologically compatible with humans, but the werewolf gene can become recessive over generations only to resurface to unprepared parents.

I will be in the role of Josh Nakayama, an 18 year old werewolf, who is beginning college. He was born to parents who are fully human and they didn't know that other werewolves existed until the momentous news. Your character is his human roommate. Josh's hobbies include drawing, food, and football which he played in high school. He is also gay and came out of the closet during his Junior year. Your character can be of any orientation, but the decision does affect the orientation of one of my secondary characters.

Humanity has mastered the power of genetics. First, it was used to repair genetic defects. Then, it became used for cosmetic changes. For example, a person can go in and become natural blond or change their eyes from brown to green. Over time, techniques became advanced enough that it was possible to insert animal DNA into their genomes. Some people would choose to become partially changed. For example, a person may just want fox ears and a fox tail. However, most people who decide on introducing animal DNA into there genomes go all the way to become fully anthropomorphic for a variety of reasons.

I am in the role of Shane Marconi, a gay 18 year old anthropomorphic gorilla who shed his human form two years prior. He is knowledgeable in machines which he learned from his father, computers and in programming. He also has some medical knowledge and can perform first aid having learned from his mother who is a doctor.

There is a single company that oversees genetic modifications in America because they were the only ones who were able to abide by the strict protocols set by the government. A person wishing to undergo genetic modification submits an application and a background check is performed. This is so that individuals don't abuse the system to evade the law or cheat in sporting events. 16 years is the minimum age that one can undergo this type of procedure provided that one has a parent or guardian's permission. However, this age restriction is lifted when one becomes 18. All genetic procedures are safe, affordable, and is reversable. However, several people see animal-based genetic medication as abnormal. Maybe only one out of a thousand choose to become part of fully anthro. Despite being seen as an aberration by some, society has made strides in accommodating these new forms. For example, Shane wears sneakers but they are designed for ape feet like his. They are like gloves in that they are segmented for each digit, but they are thickly soled like regular human shoes.

Your character is his human roommate. Maybe he likes gorillas? If so, has he thought about making the change? Maybe he has been reluctant because of how many people find it disturbing?

Same Earth. Same calendar date. Same people. However, the people that populate this world are not the humans as we know them. These humans are anthropomorphic members of the genus Panthera: lions, tigers, jaguars, leopards, and snow leopards. While this world is like ours, there are some differences. The term organic has an additional connotation

My role is that of Cameron Rhodes, a jaguar. In high school, he was on both the swim team and the wrestling team. He has been out of the closet for several months. He hasn't found that special someone. As an incoming Freshman in college, he hopes that his fortune can change. Your character is his roommate. Will your character be that special someone?

Humanity would like to believe that it is the only sentient species on Earth. However, they share this planet with the ailurans. They are a species of feline shapeshifters and throughout history, they have either been ignored or vilified because they were seen as unnatural. The body of an ailuran, in their natural state, is part human and part feline. They can appear indistinguishable from the true human for up to 16 hours until they start to regress to their natural form. They can try to hold their human shape past the 16 hour mark, but it becomes increasingly uncomfortable until they do revert. At the other end, they can appear indistinguishable from a domesticated short-haired cat. However, they are not bound by the 16 hour timeframe while in their cat form and can stay that way for as long as they want. No matter what form they are in, you can tell that you are looking at an ailuran by looking at the eyes. They look like those of a human's except they have slit pupils.

Ailurans are overwhelmingly and predominantly female. Only one out of 500 are male. Introducing Javier Hurtado, my character, who is one of those rare males. In high school, he was part of the A-track team which is a track team made exclusively of ailurans. You are his human roommate who has never met an ailuran because there are only about 40 million of them in the world and they usually reside in rural areas and prefer to stay in their own communities.

Thank you for your consideration. If you have any questions or would like to discuss further, just send me a PM.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back