A Preview

ChimpMan

Tree'O Champion
Preview

A door screamed in protest as it was torn from its slumber, revealing steel steps descending into the Earth. A figure loomed at the entry point before descending silently in a black cloak. Who he was, was not important. A nobody venturing into nowhere. The descent led revealed a hidden laboratory. One which hadn't been accessed in many years if the thick layer of dust among the surfaces was any indication. Around the room papers and equipment- various jars, scales, hard drives and what not- lay scattered. Whoever was last in this room left in a hurry, seemingly not bothered in coming back either. The man in the cloak glanced a searching look until he sighted it: A laptop at the back of the room left idly on the only desk left the right-side up. He wiped the sheet of dust off of the screen and plugged a device which powered up the abandoned computer once more.

[border]

ERROR. Data Corrupted. [System Reboot]

Configuring Data. . .

Initiating System Reboot... ERROR.

> [Log On]
> Password: ***********

. . .

Welcome back Dr Nodachi!
Last sign in: 3763 days ago.

> [Files: /DRIVE: X-7://76-2]
> Program Files
> Recovery
> FJE&)£--- ERROR
> Personal Logs (Audio)
> Notes

> Personal Logs (Audio)
> Encrypted
> Log 01: 11/11/21
> Log 02: 05/12/21
> Log 03: 05/14/21
> Log 04: 07/21/23

[Log 03: 05/14/21] - Playing...

[/border]

Through nearby, half-broken, speakers a familiar voice began to play. However, Dr Nodachi sounded more youthful and intoxicated.

"Bernard's hounds showed up today. The boys- My boys... are gone. Taken by the association. Time. I needed more time!" - The sound of a fist pounding angrily against a desk - "This has been a mistake from the very start. I fear for what the boys will become. They are... strong, talented, yes. But a firm hand is not always a good one. Those association fools! They could doom us all. They wanted weapons and I- I gave them children. We want to protect the world yet we do not want to change it. Weapons are not always the answer... I was wrong, so, so wrong. If anyone is listening to this, forgive me. I fear I have forsaken us all."

[border]

- Recording End.

[Log 04: 07/21/23] - Playing.

[/border]

"I have realized we shall never be safe. Not so long as the association continues as it has. I have therefore decided I shall fix this problem at its root. They want a weapon? Fine. I shall give them the ultimate weapon." Said Dr Nodachi through gritted teeth, struggling to contain his anger for the association. "It is clear to me now what must be done. The three boys may be gone. But my work is not yet finished.

[border]

- Recording End.

> [Files: /DRIVE: X-7://76-2]
> Program Files
> Recovery
> FJE&)£--- ERROR
> Personal Logs (Audio)
> Notes

> [Program Files]
> SJISS&///&^( ERROR
> Ch1mP15TH3B3st4j4484hb ERROR
> Project Aegis
> Project Nimbus
> -Deleted-
> -Deleted-
> -Deleted-
> Classified

> [Classified]
> ***********
> System Override Initiated.
Override Successful!

> Subject M -
Error: No Signal
> Subject T - Error: No Signal
> Subject J - Error: No Signal

> Subject X - Active. //Location: City-1.

[/border]

Then the figure was gone.

Users who are viewing this thread