• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice A Pokemon Adventure

TommyGun15

Teh Scawyest Wulf
Hello.

I made this RP after I stumbled across the rules for a Pokémon Tabletop system on the internet. After doing some alterations to the rules, I've started this thread in the hopes of running a game and seeing how it goes. I've invited you guys because I, or someone else I've invited, thinks you'd be interested in this RP.

Any sort of information about the rules system can be found at this link, which I've set to the page about trainers in case you have any questions about how classes work.

Trainers - Pokemon Tabletop

I will also be using the Bulbapedia to supplement the information given by the list, in order to make this whole thing sail a bit more smoothly.

Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Ultimately though, I'm more than willing to handle all the extra number crunching for you guys, so that you can focus on having fun. Now, before we start, there are a few things that I'd like to establish.

1. I ask that your first character be level 0, with only their single starter Pokémon. Feel free to make additional characters down the line, but please have at least 1 character who's starting from the beginning like the others.
  2. The initial characters are starting in the wreckage of a plane crash, and will have amnesia, "remembering" their abilities and background as the RP progresses. Please leave your Background blank in their character sheet.
  3. You may be wondering why you have to make stats for your trainer. That is because this is not the Pokémon of the show or the game. This is much closer to the manga. Wild Pokémon aren't going to leave you alone just because your Pokémon can't fight anymore, and criminals aren't always going to fight fair or play by the rules. And sometimes your dice will just be cursed. My point is, if you're not careful, both your character, and their Pokémon will die.
  4. You control your Pokémon, and I respect that. However, they are living creatures with minds of their own. At various points in the RP, I will inevitably hijack them for one reason or another. Call it them disobeying their orders if you want, but please don't complain about it.
  5. Finally, and this is probably the one I'll catch the most flak for, you will not get to choose your starter Pokémon. You'll have to scavenge your starter from the crash, and I've made a table that I will be rolling a dice on to determine what Pokémon you find. You'll get a random Pokémon at a random level. There are all different types from all different regions. Just please don't complain because you didn't get your favorite. There is no rule that says that you have to keep your starter, so if you don't like them feel free to switch them out whenever you feel like.

Oh, and of course, I'll have to approve your character before you can RP them, but that's pretty standard.

And I think that about covers everything. If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm a pretty casual GM.

And if you don't want to play for whatever reason, I also respect that. Dice RPs aren't everyone's thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd recommend watching this tab, as I'm going to update it as we go along.

Another thing I'd like to request is that you please put the HP of your trainer, and any pokemon you have out, at the top of the post, along with Location, who your with, and what you're doing.

For Example

Bob's HP: 2/8

Caterpie's HP: 4/16

Who I'm with: A wild Tyranitar

What I'm doing: Getting my ass kicked

Users who are viewing this thread

Back