• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Pirate's Life For Me

Kyon

The Straight Man
A Pirate's Life For Me

Welcome to A Pirate's Life For Me! In the world of Hellsmount, a land swarmed by rivalling pirates searching for the treasure of several distant lands. Every pirate across the distant seas is looking for the treasure of Hellsmount, also known as the Aronim Jewels. Legend has it that the Aronim Jewels were once hidden by an Indian tribe after fighting in a great war between the people of Ayimir and Mantius. Ever since, the pirates of Hellsmount have searched and searched every inch of Hellsmount to find its location.

Role-Play as a pirate for one of five pirate crews. You, as a character, can choose to be a Captain, Quarter Master, Sailing Master, Boatswain, Carpenter/Surgeon, Master Gunner, First Mate, A.B.S., Rigger, Cabin Boy, Powder Monkey, or a Swab.

Captain: The main leader of the ship. Calls the shots and keeps everyone in check and in line.

Quarter Master: A very close second to the Captain. Has the authority to make orders and execute other crew members.

Sailing Master: The main navigator. The Sailing Master is very good with a map and compass. They have to make sure the ship stays on course.

Boatswain: In charge of all on deck activities, checking the sails, checking the rigging, and dropping the anchor.

Carpenter/Surgeon: Responsible for the maintenance and repairs of the ship. Also in charge of crew amputations.

Master Gunner: Responsible for the ship's guns and munitions.

First Mate: The Captain's apprentice.

A.B.S.: A regular crew member.

Rigger: Assigned to running rigging and managing the sails. Certainly the most dangerous job due the the constant climbing of masts.

Cabin Boy: Young boy working as a servant on a ship. Normally kidnapped or found as a stowaway.

Powder Monkey: They distribute the gunpowder and cannonballs for the cannons.

Swab: A person that mops the decks.

Please wait until I announce that the RP has begun to post here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Antonio sits at a booth at the Umma port, Hellsmount’s most popular port. The sky is bright and doesn’t have a single cloud in it. The sea is clear and warm. It creates a perfect and beautiful day. A large sign beside him says, “Hiring crew members to find the Aronim Jewels! Looking for a Sailing Master and a Boatswain.” Tony leans back in his chair, his arms folded and a large grin on his face. He kicks his leather boots on the table in front of him. He doesn’t have a ship yet, but none of his current crew members are aware. He plans to steal one and claim it as his own. His eyes are opened startlingly wide. His flintlock rifle rests on the side of the booth. He looks around for Navy officers, curious to see if any will come his way. He sees one in the distance and forms his hand to look like a pistol and pretends to shoot him. "Bang!"

"AND STAY OUT!" The bartender yelled, as he threw Crowley out of the door, and into the muddy street. "Aw, come on Carl! All I did was kill a couple of guys!" Crowley said, as he picked himself up from the ground. "You also slept with my fucking wife!" Carl said as he threw Crowley's trousers to him. "Well, I mean she's pretty good at it, too." Crowley said, picking up his pants and started to put them back on. Crowley walked down the muddy street, occasionally taking a drink from his flask and checking his pistol. Not a lot of action these days, Crowley thought as he took another drink of whiskey. Crowley slicked back his brown hair and looked around. There was a little kid sitting at a booth by the port. As he passed the kid, he saw the Naval officers. Crowley looked down and tried to cover his face.

Antonio looks at the hiding man and his grin turns into a smirk. He stands up from his booth and walks to the officers, as they are unaware that he is a pirate. "Excuse me, officers, but there is a suspicious looking man over in front of my booth over there." Tony points to the man hiding his face. "He is giving me the creeps." His wide smile makes them skeptical, but they walk over to the man anyway to investigate.

You see, even though he helps track down criminals, Crowley has a pretty large bounty on his head. Fuckin' shite, Crowley thinks as he sees the two men walk up to him. "Good evening officers! Lovely evening, isnit?" Crowley says, as he slowly un-holsters his gun behind him.

"Hahaha!" Tony shoots one of the officers from behind with his flintlock rifle. "Never turn your back on the real criminal!" He takes a seat on the concrete walkway, legs sprawled out in front of him. He leans on his hands behind him. He watches and laughs! His face is filled with signs of enjoyment.

Sitting in the bar with a few crew members of the Tynedale Cody watches the barkeep throw out a man, their banter was amusing which in turn caused Cody and the couple random crew mates he was with to laugh fairly hard. "Alright mates, we need to go back to recruiting. We can't have our Cap'n doing this alone." Following his words the crew mates stand up and walk out of the bar, wandering the streets of Umma port for new heads to join the cause. Finishing off the rest of the rum in his mug he walks out of the bar, taking in the subjective beauty which is Umma port. Looking over he notices his Captain had a booth created, also by the looks of it he's causing some trouble. Cody walks over to his Captain and their booth with a grin on his face, asking him, "Causing some trouble for some unfortunate souls, Cap'n? Also, I have a few mates from our ship walking the streets to look for more able bodied crew."

Kyon said:
"Hahaha!" Tony shoots one of the officers from behind with his flintlock rifle. "Never turn your back on the real criminal!" He takes a seat on the concrete walkway, legs sprawled out in front of him. He leans on his hands behind him. He watches and laughs! His face is filled with signs of enjoyment.
Crowley, hearing the shot, instinctively pulled out his pistol and shot the other officer two times. The first bullet hitting his head, the second going through his heart. As the officer slumped to the ground, he shot Antonio a glare and walked up to the kid pirate. "What the bloody fuck do you think you're doin', kid?"

Tony looks up at Cody, wearing his regular mischievous smile on his face. "Only a tad bit of trouble. 'Tis a wonderful day." Antonio switches his gaze to the man yelling at him. "Well, I do believe I'm enjoying the beautiful weather." He stands up straight with good posture. "And what are you doing on this fantastic day?" He chuckles slightly.

Looking down at the corpses Cody whistles loudly, in return a couple random A.B.S.'s run to him. "Boys, take these pigs and toss 'em." Without hesitation they do so. Looking at the stranger who shot the other officer Cody immediately recognizes him as the guy who was just thrown out of the bar he was in.

Kyon said:
Tony looks up at Cody, wearing his regular mischievous smile on his face. "Only a tad bit of trouble. 'Tis a wonderful day." Antonio switches his gaze to the man yelling at him. "Well, I do believe I'm enjoying the beautiful weather." He stands up straight with good posture. "And what are you doing on this fantastic day?" He chuckles slightly.
"I'm tryin' to make sure that kids like you don't ruin it." Crowley said, gazing at the booth the kid was previously in. "Ah. You lookin' for crew? I don't believe I've seen you around here before. Have you guys checked out the tavern o'er there? Plenty 'a guys willin' to get outta here." Crowley looked around at the docks. "Funny. I don't think I see any new ships. You mind telling me where yours is?"

"Ha ha ha!" Antonio looks and points at several ships, waving his hand and pointing to several different ones. "Whichever ship I feel like sailing today!" He laughs loudly. "You did the barkeeper's wife? Bravo!" He snaps his finger signaling his crew. "Let's take that one!" He points to a modest ship with a few men on it. It is tied up to the docks. "As much as I would love to go to the tavern, I just killed a man and I need to leave. Perhaps I'll see you around." Tony begins walking to the ship.

(See you later)

Waving a goodbye to the random guy Cody follows behind Antonio, curious to see how they would simply take a ship this time. Regardless he trusts in his Captain's ability, so he knows obtaining this ship will be fairly easy..well hopefully. "Negotiating this time around, or are you thinking something a little zanier?" Cody asks his Captain, just so he knows himself how he'll follow his lead.

(Have a good one!)

"Well," Antonio begins, "I'd hate to ruin their day more than I'm about to, so let's try to negotiate. Worst comes to worst, we scare 'em a bit and maybe give 'em a few bruises." Tony continues walking toward the ship, cutlass in hand. "'Scuse us, but we'd like to take your ship if you don't mind." The people on the ship are clearly spooked by Antonio's menacing smile. He boards the ship without their consent.

Nodding his head Cody follows Antonio aboard their ship, his hands resting on both of his flintlock pistols which here holstered on his hips. Smirking, he examines the crew staring at both of them. "You'd be at more of an advantage just letting us do so than contesting." He adds, his tone casual. To him it looked like the men watching him and the Captain were about to shit themselves, which causes his present smirk to grow larger. He was sure they would cave.

Antonio shoots his rifle at the ropes tying down the ship, which really set the crew off. Scared shitless, the crew jumped off, some even into the water. "Alright Tynedale!" Antonio yells. "Let's get e'rything ship shape!" The rigger begins preparing the sails while the A.B.S.'s take care of the boatswain's job. Tony begins exploring the ship, seeing what it has in store.

pirate-ship-sailing-open-water_22884220.jpg

Walking around the deck of the ship Cody watches the men, making sure they are doing their jobs appropriately. He knows they will do it properly but mistakes can never be afforded in this sort of life. Noticing a swab standing about he motions for him to fuck off and find something to do, yelling a second later to the random swab, "Go through the streets and make sure no man of the Tynedale isn't aboard, tell them their Quartermaster sent you." Nodding with intimidation the guy runs off the boat and to back through the ports and streets.

The sounds of canon fire could be heard, Rein and his crew were about to board a cargo ship. Rein raised his right hand in the air shouting, "MEN, READY THE CANONS." After a few brief moments his arm came down and a barrage of canon balls flew across the ocean water toward the target ship. The cargo ship sustained considerable damage to the hull and crippled the it just enough that it could not move. Rein gave the signal and they began sailing towards the ship, the enemy crew could be seen panicking, arming themselves with whatever they had.

The ships were now a few meters away, Rein lead the charge, jumping towards the cargo ship before grabbing a rope that was attached to the mast and swinging the remaining distance. His crew followed suite.

3 enemies surrounded Rein, armed with flintlock pistols and cutlasses. He quickly drew his own cutlass and disarmed the sharpshooter by kicking his hand. As he did so the pistol flew high into the air while the other 2 enemies rushed him. Rein parried the first attack and grabbed the pistol before shifting his position. He quickly got into point blank distance with one of the swordsman and pulled the trigger of the pistol before throwing it at the other swordsman leaving him disoriented. Rein took advantage of this and delivered 2 precise cuts, one slitting his throat and the other one cutting deep into his chest.

The enemy crew were dropping like flies but the captain could not be found, Rein assumed he was hiding in his quarters like a coward and proceeded to rush into it. The door was locked but he just kicked it down. What he saw next took him off guard, a man dressed in a blue coat and with a monocle was holding up a pistol. A loud bang sound was heard as Rein staggered back, the man which Rein assumed was the captain had shot his left shoulder. He quickly rushed towards the captain and cut off his hand just as he was reloading the pistol. Rein's blade then went through the man's own shoulder as he limped around the room. Rein slashed the captain exactly 7 times, 4 of which struck his vital points.

The battle outside was still raging on and Rein knew how he would end it, however his left shoulder was going to be a problem. He rummaged through the quarters searching for something to patch up the wound, finally he found a rag beneath a drawer. He slowly pulled out the bullet and used the rag as a makeshift bandage, applying pressure and wrapping up his shoulder to stop the bleeding. He then went to the captain's lifeless body and held it by the collar, making his way to the exit.

@Ninja God @Marshmallow

Antonio walks back onto the main deck. He looks around at the crew performing wonderfully. After about ten minutes he begins to grow impatient, wanting to adventure. "Alright, everyone! Let's prepare to leave. We are sailing in about ten minutes!" He gives a fair amount of time for the swab to gather the few crew members around Umma. "Anything else we need before we leave, Cody?"

"No, Cap'n I say we're ready to make way." Looking around the ship he asks the crew eagerly with a loud tone, "What about you boys, are you ready?" The crew on deck respond with howls of excitement, ready to make way and see what lies ahead.

A slender brown haired woman walked around the scattered debris of a recent attack. "Curses," she muttered, taking a swig from the bottle of unnamed whiskey clasped in her rough hands. She looked around, the caw of seagulls flying over head were mixed into the sound of the mean scuttling around and the creating of the Sphinx. Heather walked up to the door of the captain's quarters and knocked, "Captain? Are you done in there?" She called.

@ThePumpkinQueen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back