• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings [ a pellinore questing for friends ]

Marztian.

and the Clean Slate
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey, the name’s Greene, and I’m looking for one or two new long-term roleplay partners that would be up for some story/world-building with me. I’ve been in the roleplaying community for about years, and I’ve been creatively writing on my own time for about five and a half.
Here’s what I ask of you:
  • I’d prefer for my partner to be 15-16+ or have intermediate skill in roleplaying. Honestly, I’m not terribly picky, but it’s more of a comfort preference than anything. I’m 18+ myself, but I don’t mind going younger, as long as you’re comfortable.
  • I’d like you to put some detail and thought into your replies. While I have been know to have a couple super short replies in a roleplay, it’s uncommon and typically only happens in a setting I am uncomfortable in (for example, if I am roleplaying in a fandom that I am not well rehearsed in). I love putting very specific detail into my responses, and I would prefer it if my partner was willing to put in equal effort. I’d really love it if you could put one or more paragraphs, since I tend to lean towards the long side of responses myself.
  • Try to respond at least once a week, once a month at minimum. However, I’m busy on weekdays myself, so I totally understand if that’s a potential problem. If it becomes too much for any reason, just tell me. (:
  • I’m alright with ghosting to a certain degree, but if you intend to take a hiatus or plan to be busy, please tell me. I am an almost cripplingly anxious guy and I worry about people A LOT, as well as sometimes tending to end up freaking out about it if it’s for a very long time. I’ve had this issue once before with another partner, when they left for a few months without leaving any note.
  • I prefer to play as male, as that is how I identify with myself for the most part (he/him/they/them), but I am totally down with playing a female character when needed, although some of my female characters are a little tepid.
  • When roleplaying, please treat your characters and my own as if they are real people going through real situations. I can’t stress this enough. In the past, especially during my first year in the roleplaying community, I’ve had some partners who have clearly not really cared about their characters and what they do. I, personally, love each of my characters and I feel as though, despite their non-sentience, they are not static, and they develop and change just like real people. Treating them as such while roleplaying make the roleplay way more interesting and more realistic.
  • Most importantly, I’m looking for a person who’s down to chat OOC and just be someone to hang out with. I love sharing memes, gushing over characters and situations, and I totally willing to listen to whatever you want to tell me. (:
Still interested?
I’m down for almost any kind of roleplay, within reason, of course. Here’s a couple things to consider:
  • Romantic or sweet/soft storylines are my entire life. Even if it’s just a subplot, I’m SO down for relationship building and I love working towards something really great for my characters.
  • LGBTQIA+ topics are always welcome and supported by me and many of my OCs identify with the community. I love diverse characters in gender, nationality, race, sexuality, and every other way the characters are different from everyone else, so by all means, do not be afraid to let your characters shine!
  • World-building and story-building are probably two of my favorite things. While having a plot and characters all ready to go is great, starting from scratch is always a blast and a great way to bond over a story. My favorite roleplay to date was one of these, and the story has branched out farther than I could have imagined in the last two years.
  • Please tell me if you are bored, uncomfortable, or not enjoying the plot. I want to have fun with this, and I would like you to have fun as well. If you feel like you don’t like the roleplay, I’m totally fine with it, and we could take a step back and do something else, or fix whatever you aren’t alright with.
  • Doubling isn’t required, but I’d just like to mention that I MAKE HUGE CHARACTER CASTS. While I focus on only one or two, I WILL HAVE A GOOD DEAL OF CHARACTERS IN MY REPERTOIRE. I know that in some roleplays and for some people, many characters can get confusing, and while this shouldn’t be a problem, please be sure you’re fine with it. :)
    Possible plots:
  1. A romance between a cell phone employee and a customer. Muse A is an employee at X service and Muse B is a customer looking for an affordable service to get away from Y service, which has failed them time and time again. Muse A is on shift when Muse B enters the store and the two end up chatting for a long time, much longer than was needed for Muse B to register their number. They part ways, but both are still very stuck on thinking about the other. Several days later, Muse B decides to show up at X service’s store again to find Muse A, saying that something is wrong with his device and requesting Muse A by name. (The relationship matures this way. This one’s kind of rough, but I’m fond of the concept.)
  2. I’m really into the idea of a a Victorian America “who-dunnit” plot. I have a couple rough ideas for that, and I feel like it could make for a great storyline.
  3. A long-distance relationship. For example, Muse A and Muse B meeting online, or having them be old friends and only realizing their feelings when they are separated by an entire ocean.
  4. The inner life of a criminal or someone who is on the run. I’m super into this idea, and I have no real story for it yet, so please tell me if you’re interested.
  5. I have a huge, already-mostly-built world centering around a futuristic Russian army that has huge potential for subplots.
  6. Another relationship involving a demon sent to torment a living human and the human. This one especially could be very fun and is one of the plots where I think a MxF relationship would be probably the best for.
  7. I’d love to do a roleplay about some sort of doctor/tradesman and his assistant, but where the master looks up to/admires the assistant (PLATONICALLY) instead of the other way. It’s an interesting perspective, and I think I’m kind of going for the same-age business partners kind of thing, but where one does most of the specialized work due to experience/education reasons/interest.
  8. Two proprietors of a (traveling or stationary) circus who are forced to hide their relationship while in the limelight of popular culture. Probably MxM here.
  9. A futuristic world or country entirely monopolized by a single corporation. I’d like this one to be a little more political-centric.
  10. I’ve been thinking about a short plot about a group of unlikely friends (modern) who are complete opposites, though they eventually come together through music.
  11. Fandom Roleplay: I’m not really much of a canon fandom roleplayer, but I’m DYING for roleplays set in The Magnus Archives, Welcome to Night Vale, Steven Universe, or The Monstrumologist!! (Canon or non-canon is fine)
  12. And literally any ideas you have, probably!!

Please DM me if you’re interested, and have a great day! (:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back