• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy (closed) - A Path to Vengeance (D&D Based Roleplay)

OOC Thread
Characters Thread
RP Thread

--- Story Concept ---

This is another attempt to reboot a very old roleplay of mine that started with D&D friends from over a decade ago. The story was not so fixated on my character as we had a group, but eventually, that group parted ways and I continued with my character's story solo. In the original story, he discovered slaves in a market after traveling across the sea. This is where I would like to pick up, but with your characters as the slaves. He has a hatred of slavery, but while he and your characters reside in the kingdom of Achuak Iejir, once a person is indentured they are a slave for life so long as they remain in the kingdom border. In the original story, Taliman becomes an agent for the ancient green dragon who rules over Achuak Iejir. The slaves he obtains travel with him on various adventures and missions. This is where I would like this roleplay to lead.

--- Roleplay Parameters ---
I am looking for between 2-4 participants to join in on this story. Fewer is fine to get things started, but I really want to keep the maximum at 5 (including myself). Common races are far more likely (i.e. dwarf, elf (wood, high, wild), half-orc, orc, gnome, etc). All base classes for your character concept are fine, though you may want to include little details if you possess spellcasting on how you were captured and are detained. Of course, most of the guards and militant elements within the kingdom of Achuak Iejir are dragon-kin so they are very familiar with arcana, and no stranger to the divine.

--- Character Background ---

My character, Taliman Lothloerian, is a half-elf sorcerer with green dragon ancestry. His father was a royal diplomat and was assassinated by a group of anti-magi extremists en route to a diplomatic conference between his nation and the anti-magi nation. In this instance, Taliman became enraged and slaughtered the assassins with overwhelming arcana. The marks of emerald scale patches remain present across his body. As the years passed, he practiced his arts of diplomacy and dedicated his efforts to avenge his father against those truly responsible. He achieved this by performing an amazing act of prestidigitation coupled with a series of stunning bluffs to convince the major bank of the anti-magi kingdom that his cart riddled with masterful gemstones was genuine and authentic. He sold these gems, at cost of course. By day's end, he and his companions at the time were long gone. The gems reverted to rocks as the enchantment faded. Taliman managed to walk away with over 25,000 platinum coins worth of wealth and decimated the anti-magi kingdom's economy. To avoid their justice, which would be a death sentence, Taliman set sail across the far sea to the kingdom of Achuak Iejir.

--- Background Information ---

World

Name: Alath'zor
Origin: Unknown
Populated Races: All common species and many varied other
Global Population: Over Two Billion
Religion: Varied Pantheons
Global Progress Level: Between the Middle Ages and the Age of Reason

Global Description
Alath'zor is divided into two continents. The western continent is known by the majority of its populace as The United Empire, though its kingdoms for the past few hundred years have put such a title to shame. The Eastern continent is known as Wer Thaczil Di Zezhuanth Iejir, better known as, translated into the common tongue from Draconic, The Land of Ancient Blood. Between the two continents is a vast and open sea approximately the size of two Pacific Oceans. In the other direction, the sea is as vast as a single Pacific Ocean.

Global Economy
Cross-continent trade is highly valued as the Eastern continent possesses vastly superior resources in both quantity and quality. However, the cost of such valuables on the Western continent is nearly three times the standard value. A longsword, while priced at 9 gold 9 silver 9 copper for steel on the Eastern continent, costs 29 gold 9 silver 7 copper in the West. A recent economical attack on the kingdom of Zaer'azhul, the core economic support system for the West, by an unknown assailant (*wink*) has caused great unrest resulting in a dynamic shift in costs. Items, materials, equipment, food, and all goods have risen in value in the West by another fifty percent (approximate); thus a longsword is valued at 44 gold 9 silver 9 copper.

Note: If referencing 3.5e equipment and material tables for cost, multiply by sixty-six percent to generate the standard costs for the Eastern continent. For the Western continent, take that number and multiply by 4.5. (i.e. 3.5e values a longsword at 15 gold. 15 x 66% = 9.99 = 9 gold 9 silver 9 copper (Eastern Continent Value). For the West, 9.99 x 4.5 = 44.995 = 44 gold 9 silver 9 copper (Western Continent Value) A dagger is 2 gold. 2 x 66% = 1.32 = 1 gold 5 silver 2 copper (ECV) 1.32 x 4.5 = 5.94 = 5 gold 9 silver 4 copper (WCV). This is a general idea of the current economy.

Kingdoms of Note

Zaer'azhul:
The primary economic infrastructure for the Western Continent. Zaer'azhul is also known for its anti-magic laws and hatred for the arcane. The kingdom is very religious, and even makes a firm stand against any technological developments. Oddly enough, this kingdom is not coastal and possesses no docks for cross-continental trade. They pride themselves on their own mines, farms, and other resources versus importing exotic goods. Their political agenda to rid all of the West of arcane arose over two hundred years ago due to a conglomerate of Red Wizards who banded together in an effort to dominate the entire West. With the success of their downfall, Zaer'azhul fell into extremist upheaval. Seeing the danger of the arcane, they enacted laws to rid their kingdom of all sources. Hundreds of thousands of refugees poured into the surrounding kingdoms as arcane artifacts were destroyed during a great purge. However, the other kingdoms made a stand against their desire to enact this purge across the entire West. An agreement was brokered where the surrounding kingdoms would act to contain and restrain arcane citizens from ever entering Zaer'azhul. In exchange, Zaer'azhul would maintain its laws within its own borders. This peace is constantly under strain when it comes to arcane incidents as Zaer'azhul controls most of the vital resources found in the West. As the great sea is so vast, supplies can take months which results in high costs there as well. This offers the other western kingdoms little in terms of a balanced economy. Though Zaer'ashul suffered a massive economic strike, their treasury leaves still enough to fund a war campaign...or work towards a rebalance. Their internal bureaucracy is divided on the matter, and this inability to decide is all that keeps the West from falling into open war.

Vaera'dhun: Another kingdom in the West, one which prides itself on its diplomacy and ability to intermediate cross-kingdom tensions in the West. Seven-hundred and fifty years ago, representatives of Vaera'dhun were responsible for the creation of a united effort throughout the West to ensure peace across all the kingdoms. However, with the rise of the anti-magic laws over two hundred years ago, efforts to maintain peace have been strained nearly beyond Vaera'dhun's abilities to control. With the more recent economic crash in Zaer'azhul, tensions have risen to a boiling point and the West stands on the edge of a blade. If war begins, Vaera'dhun will be the first to fall as it possesses the second most substantial supply of resources and their military power is drastically outmatched by Zaer'azhul. The ability to fund large numbers of mercenary organizations aids in the balanced of this detriment, but an open war will likely result in many of these groups changing sides for greater wealth.

Achuak Iejir: The primary kingdom in the East, Achuak Iejir has been ruled by an ancient green dragon for nearly four thousand years. Many of his descendants have spread far and wide, attempting to divide the great kingdom of the mighty serpent, but to no avail. The three adjoining kingdoms are vastly smaller in size and are ruled by his offspring; their existence tolerated by his mercy alone. For their continued exploration of the Eastern continent, they are permitted to exist so that the costs of their explorations are not imposed upon Achuak Iejir. A fine capital agreement to be certain. Who knows what will happen once the entire Eastern continent is explored. With the recent economic attack by Achuak Iejir's primary rival in the West, Achuak Iejir has already begun working to dominate the global economy by raising the value of its cross-continental goods drastically. The great serpent seeks to establish himself as the overlord of the economy and, perhaps in time, bring all kingdoms to heel under his banner. Attempts to slay the serpent have been few and far between, with the closest recalled as a spear which fell fifty feet short of the serpents nearly impenetrable hide. Some rumors suggest the assailant still suffers to this day...somewhere.

--- Roleplay Starter ---

The air of the port city carries the scent of a fresh sea breeze. The sun bears down from the west across the dunes of a distant Sandscape, reaching far out into the kingdom of Achuak Iejir. The great port city of Allora bustles with merchants, slavers, commoners of every trade, and more personages of interest. Citizens appear as varying lizardfolk and dragonkin with a minority of other known races including elves, dwarves, humans, gnomes, orcs, and more. It is easy to see where wealth and prosperity fall upon the citizenry with the reptilian populace better dressed, equipped, and in finer health. An occasional non-reptilian individual with wealth is found, though with a ratio of 25:2.

The kingdom of Achuak Iejir is well known for its superlative economy and for its leading dictator; the ancient green dragon Rivosphent. Port cities line the Western coastline along the kingdom's border with the great sea. Ships sail in and out bearing vast quantities of goods and supplies and some bearing great wealth on their return from the Western continent known as The United Empire. Long has the kingdom of Achuak Iejir sought to dominate the global market, and every ship brings Achuak Iejir one step closer to that vast goal.

A ship freshly docked is unloaded by a mixture of races both from across the sea and citizens of the great city. An Elven-looking man, Taliman, of moderate wealth by his guise and wardrobe departs from the ship heading well into the city through the core road along the merchant's path. Stalls are riddled with goods from fine cloth to exotic food. Some merchants appear to offer armor while others offer weapons.

This man flows through the streets as if unmoved by the bantering calls of tradesmen and merchants. The slightly pointed arch of his ears twitches at the calls of an auctioneer near a slave market. Taliman approaches, with obvious disgust born in his eyes and expression. It is unknown if he is disgusted by the slaves or the slavers, by the culture or the intolerance, or by some other unknown presence. He looks upon the gathering of chained individuals, each with a sign around their neck bearing prices in draconic numerical markings.

"Come and see what we have today! Fresh servants for your grand estates! Soldiers for your militias! Heh! Target practice for your own pleasure!" The auctioneer cries out such a crude description of the enslaved as two great serpent-like guards well-armed and armored grab one individual after another and tosses them upon the presentation platform. Those who resist are harshly whipped. Those who try to flee...are slain without warning.[/I]

Last edited:
Sounds interesting, it might be fun for me to play a Warlock in this.
What are you looking for in terms of posting length and frequency?

Sounds interesting, it might be fun for me to play a Warlock in this.
What are you looking for in terms of posting length and frequency?
I am looking for a couple of paragraphs per post--more is welcome. I will probably post between 2-4, depending on the context at the time.

Regarding frequency, a few times a week. I certainly can't post every day, so I don't expect anyone else to.

Color me interested, hello again ;)

Edit because my keyboard bugged out: I'm not very familiar with 3.5 its been many years since I played (I think its called Pathfinder now?)

I am very interested in playing a Faun perhaps, or Aasimar. Unsure about role, gotta check that out.

Color me interested, hello again ;)

Edit because my keyboard bugged out: I'm not very familiar with 3.5 its been many years since I played (I think its called Pathfinder now?)

I am very interested in playing a Faun perhaps, or Aasimar. Unsure about role, gotta check that out.
Heya! Pathfinder is an offshoot with its own ruleset--not so much an evolution of the series, but it does have its own ruleset. I never played that version much.

The aasimar is a bit much for this kind of story, but the faun is a possibility. I'm mostly focusing on the core races, but we could make the faun work.

Kartha_Rolein_Rinari Kartha_Rolein_Rinari
The idea I think I’ve settled on is a cleric that is in the process of switching from a evil deity to a good deity. I played the concept before in a D&D campaign, using a Drow who was a priestess of Lolth who converted to Eilistraee. If Drow doesn’t work for the story, I can do some brewing to get something together with a core race (probably half orc).

Kartha_Rolein_Rinari Kartha_Rolein_Rinari
The idea I think I’ve settled on is a cleric that is in the process of switching from a evil deity to a good deity. I played the concept before in a D&D campaign, using a Drow who was a priestess of Lolth who converted to Eilistraee. If Drow doesn’t work for the story, I can do some brewing to get something together with a core race (probably half orc).

I think drow would work! That would be exciting. I love drow. I've played four in my years of D&D.

I think drow would work! That would be exciting. I love drow. I've played four in my years of D&D.
Excellent! In which case, I’ll roll with that. I figure to fit in the opening, she has abandoned Lolth, but hasn’t fully converted. This explains how she hasn’t been able to use spells to avoid being captured or use them to escape.

Heya! Pathfinder is an offshoot with its own ruleset--not so much an evolution of the series, but it does have its own ruleset. I never played that version much.

The aasimar is a bit much for this kind of story, but the faun is a possibility. I'm mostly focusing on the core races, but we could make the faun work.

That's fair! I thought of Aasimar because it was a core race in Pathfinder (I think), and I thought 3.5 was actually Pathfinder and not an offshoot sgjesgojegosjo

Faun came to mind because there were like a 1000 races when I searched for 3.5 [I am assuming that website was...incorrect now, since they had Na'vi listed] and that was the one that caught my eye first when scrolling.

I'm thinking maybe Faun Bard or Ranger

That's fair! I thought of Aasimar because it was a core race in Pathfinder (I think), and I thought 3.5 was actually Pathfinder and not an offshoot sgjesgojegosjo

Faun came to mind because there were like a 1000 races when I searched for 3.5 [I am assuming that website was...incorrect now, since they had Na'vi listed] and that was the one that caught my eye first when scrolling.

I'm thinking maybe Faun Bard or Ranger

Here is a pdf of the player handbook: http://choisey.free.fr/3.5/Core/Indexed Player Handbook v3.5.pdf

You are welcome to share them if you wish; I’m not running an actually tabletop game with dice and stuff so it’s more about personal creativity and fun. :)
Can we still have the usual Rpnation character sheet page to flesh out our characters with backgrounds, personalities, abilities, appearance, etc.?
And an out of character page?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back