• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Path I Can’t Follow

Max held her son close to her as they walked down the street from the park smiling some at him. He was almost 3 now and she couldn't believe how the time had flown by. He was not planned at all but he was her entire world and she would do anything to protect him even if it meant making sure his father was out of his life. Her ex was a criminal and she knew he would never change, so when he was in prison she left him and went on to start her life a new. Now she was happy with a man she had been dating for a few months now and had almost forgotten about her ex-fiancé.

Pedro stood out in the back alley of his restaurant finishing off the last of his cigarette thinking over his life at moment. The ex-con turned a new leaf life was starting to kill him but he knew he needed to stay straight for the woman he loved. He had done a small amount of time about a year ago but somehow got out on good behavior and he just hoped his temper wouldn't get the best of him like it usually did. He walked inside the restaurant and went back to managing the kitchen and making sure everything left perfect for his customers.

Carmen glanced over as he came through the back doors and smiled some. “Hey, Jackson just screwed a plate up, don’t eat him alive it was semi the customers fault.” She told him as she collected a couple orders. “Also I’m thinking that after we get off, my place has AC, were going there.” She winked at him and smiled at the grumpy man she had fallen in love with. When she had first started the job and been introduced to the head chef she was terrified of him, especially after what everyone had said, but she now knew the man behind the scowl and she wouldn’t have him any other way.

Roman held onto his moms hand tightly while they walked home, his eyes glued to the pavement as he’d just been learning the rhyme about stepping on the cracks. Aa with most three year olds, this had become law to him although it slowed them down everywhere they went. “Mommy, when we get homecan I have some juicy juice?” He asked her giggling and finally looked up at her, reaching to be picked up and just smiled at her when he got his wish, clinging to her like a little koala bear the whole way back. “Mommy there’s a man at our house.” He gasped and pointed at the guy sat at the front doorsteps.

Max smiled happily at her son and picked him up when asked "Well you were such a good boy at the park so of course you can have some!" She said happily kissing all over his face before she continued their walk. She frowned seeing the man at the front steps to their apartment and went wide eyed when she saw who the man was. She hid Roman a bit as she put him back down "How did you find me?" She asked getting straight to the point with him

Pedro nodded and frowned a bit but soon kissed the top of her head "Alright fine." He murmured before going into the kitchen to find out what the problem had been. He loved Carmen dearly and she had somehow broken down nearly all barriers he had within a matter of weeks that it honestly kind of scared him. He knew he loved that woman more than anything in the world and he knew he never wanted to loose her.

Danny had been sat there for a couple hours now. Just about losing hope that the information had been correct but he had decided he would wait it out. Just in case and as luck would have it, she had shown up. The love of his life and the woman who had left him so long ago. “Hey.... you look good.” Be told her and glanced over at the little boy in her arms. “I uh... I got out a couple weeks ago, you changed your number and everything, but I had to see you.” He told her.

carmen smiled at him and nodded going to get on with work. She had been so lucky to get that waitressing job after being out of work for almost three years and as luck would have it, this job had turned out to be so much more for her. She got off a little earlier than Pero and so once the place was locked up and they were just finishing cleaning she went to sit with him in the kitchens and just keep him company while he worked his last half hour.

Max frowned more at him shakong her head some "I told you I didn't want to see you again Daniel." She muttered trying to get past him and up the stairs to her door "Please let me through, I need to get inside." She said when he blocked her a bit

Pero went on with the dinner rush and once everyone was out and the place was locked up he went to the back to count cash and do a quick inventory smiling softly at Carmen as she came in "Hey there.....customers good tonight?" He asked seeing the tips in her apron them frowned when his numbers were wrong lettijg out a frustrated groan when he had to count again

She nodded and smiled at him. “Yeah. Wasn’t too bad... Josh got another complaint about him but it was handled.” She told him quietly and stayed silent while he did the cash and shook her head some, pulling her apron off and pocketing her tips, waiting til he was done before she spoke again. “I figure we could be well on our way to a Michelin star here soon.” She smiled at him, grabbing her coat and heading out with him once they were done, slipping her arm around his waist while they walked back to her place.

“and I told you that I have every right.... you won’t even give me a chance? I’m not trying to jump back into anything but you were all I had... and now without this I got nothing at all” he muttered as he kept blocking her from walking away from him. He wanted to be in his sons life. That was the whole reason he’d worked so hard to get out as soon as possible on good behaviour. So he didn’t miss anymore than he had to. “Max you have to give me a chance. I’ve talked to my lawyer.... but I’d like to do this a lot more civilised than that.”

Pero nodded some and finished up everything before he headed out with her. He chuckled shaking his head some "If they could see me now." He murmured as he stared at the night sky. He had been the best cook while in prison and everyone always joked with him about how he needed to have this restaurant when he got out. Though as he thought over his past he gave a deep frown. He had still yet to tell her about it all and he wanted to, but everytime he tried something came up or it just wasn't the proper moment to unload that baggage onto her.

Max gave him a death glare as he threatened courts " Civilized?! Are you kidding me right now? Danny you were in prison for three years for armed robbery and a person died! You think they would let you near him? You think after that I could trust you around him?." She spat completely enraged now "You are not a suitable person to be in his life Daniel, you're not safe and I won't have him anywhere near that."

Last edited:
She smiled some, resting her head on his shoulder while they walked, getting to her apartment and unlocking the door to head inside, getting her jacket off and went to turn the lights on, getting them a beer each from the kitchen, "I don't know about you... But I'm ready for bed." She murmured happily, passing him a bottle and slipped her free arm around his neck, "I'm not working tomorrow so why don't I come to yours when your done with work? It's closer for you.... I'll bring some oils with me, get all those knots out of your back." She murmured smiling at him and kissed his nose.

He glared at her for a minute, "You have never even given me a chance to prove you wrong!" He snapped back at her. They never fought like this when they were together but when he'd been pulled in deeper, after being laid off from his job due to budget cuts, things had started getting rocky and now all he wanted was to have his life back. He wanted Max back in his arms and he wanted a chance to be a father. They'd talked about kids a number of times... This was not what he thought it would come ot though

Max took a deep breath and let a few tears fall frowning as Roman yelled out in frustration and upset with the tones of their voices "This is not the place....please let me go home." She said bouncing her son trying to calm him down "I didn't give you the chance because I know you Danny, you'll change shortly and fall back into old ways....you always did."

Pero smirked some and nodded a bit at her "Mmm that sounds good." He said before taking a swig of his beer before he leant down and kissed her gently "You gonna run any errands tomorrow? I got a few things I need to pick up." He mumbled

She shrugged, "Send me what you need and if I go out I'll pick em up." She told him happily. The man in front of her now was a far cry from the one she had met when she'd first started working at the restaurant. Her third day there, after hearing all the gossip from the other staff about how horrible and rude he was, she screwed up one of his orders by accident and when he yelled at her about it, instead of backing off she'd snapped back at him and frm there she'd fallen head over heels for the grumpy head chef.

Danny frowned as he watched her, glancing at the little boy in her arms that looked just like him and shook his head, "I'm not letting you leave until you promise to let me try and prove it to you." He grunted, staring her down while the little boy held onto his mom tightly still just confused by it all. "I'm not asking to move in and be a family... i'm asking for one chance." He muttered.

Pero gave a small smile as he watched her and nodded some "Sounds great babe." Hw murmured taking another swig of his beer before he made his way to sit on her couch "Wanna watch something?" He asked raising an eyebrow at her. She definitely had stolen his heart that day she snapped at him. She had caught his eye when he first saw her but the fiesty latina side of her and roped him in and he had been hooked since

Max frowned as Roman started to get fussier as they waited "You get a job and a stable living arrangement then we can talk." She muttered just wanting to get away from him at this point

Carmen smiled tiredly and kissed his cheek where his scar ran to, "I'm gonna take a cold shower, then I wanna go to bed, my feet are killing me." She mumbled, yawning, "I love you, don't fall asleep out here." She murmured, heading to her bathroom and turned the water on.

Danny just frowned for a moment before nodding and watched her go when he finally didn't stop her just shaking his head some and headed out of there, pulling his cell phone out and trying to see if he could get ahold of an old friend that he knew had left the life as well, finding Pero's number and giving him a ring.

Max sighed heavily and quickly got inside with Roman setting him down before she double checked all the doors and windows then made sure to get him juice. She was a little freaked out to say the least, she hadn't expected to see Danny ever again.

Pero picked up his phone as it rang not recognizing the number immediately "Hello? Who is this?" He muttered in a grumpy tone down the line. He was always a blunt and rude man to mostly everyone expect his mother and Carmen.

"Hey, there's my favorite Spaniard.... It's Danny.... Murillo." He told him down the line, "Long time no see huh? Hey I uh, I just got out and I'm tryna keep straight, I know you managed it Pero.... You mind meeting with me so we can talk?" He asked him while he walked to the halfway house he was having to stay at currently.

Roman whimpered some and watched her, "Mommy who was the strange man?" He asked her, reaching for cuddles not wanting to be put down right now.

Max pulled him close and cuddled up with him giving a small sigh "That was....that was your father sweetheart." She whispered letting a few tears fall

Pero nearly spit out his beer when he heard the name taking a deep breath "Hell no, I'm not getting back in that shit again." He muttered taking a deep breath as he listened to Danny again

Roman frowned at her a little and pouted "But you said my daddy not here." He mumbled confused as he held onto her tightly, climbing onto her lap more and squished her cheeks, looking at her with big bugged out eyes the more confused he was "Is he a ghost?!" He asked her.

"Neither am I. That's why I want your help.... At least just to talk to you... Please? I need to see my kid Pero, this might be my only shot." He muttered.

Carmen came out to the lounge in time to hear him organising a day and time with someone, towel drying her hair as she listened, stepping over to him with her sleep shorts and tank top already on, straddling his hips until he was off the phone, "Who was that?" She asked him curiously, getting up and starting to drag him to bed with her

Pero gave a heavy sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose "Alright, I've got some time the day after tomorrow we can meet up." He mumbled before hanging up smiling as he looked at Carmen letting hia hands run up and down her body "Old friend, wants to have lunch." He mumbled

Max shook her head some giving a small laugh "No baby he isn't a ghost....he....he did something bad a long time ago when you were in Mommy's tummy and he had to go in time out, but now he got out." She explained hoping he would understand

She smiled and nodded pecking his lips. “Come on handsome, take me to bed.” She winked at him and kissed his cheek tiredly. “I love you.” She murmured softly to him, getting off his lap and dragging him to her bedroom, “seems like a strained old friendship?” She pried a little. She wasn’t usually overly curious but she wanted to know more about her man and he’d always been so closed off.

roman frowned some but nodded when it processed for him, cuddling into her. “Mommy can I have ice cream please?” Be asked her and yawned big starting to get sleepy.

Pero gave a small nod "Last time I saw him we had a fight, its been years though. Give him a chance and see what happens." He said with a shrug not wanting to go into any further detail about it. He layed with her in bed and pulled her close after he had stripped down to his boxers kissing her gently

Max shook her head some and kissed the top of his head "No baby why don't we get ready for bed okay?" She murmured thankful they had stopped for dinner before they had gotten home

She frowned but nodded and curled in close to him, resting her head into his chest as she drifted off mumbling a goodnight to him, too tired to keep her eyes open.

He just nodded and followed her up to his bedroom, curling up under the covers and holding onto his mom tightly while he listened to a bedtime story, eventually falling asleep not letting go of her.

Max woke up multiple times during the night worried about havjng Danny back in her life and having Roman around him. He was a good man until they started fighting. She knew he had a criminal past but she had hoped she could change him, how wrong she had been though.

Pero woke early as usual glancing at the clock that read 5 a.m. and gave a small sigh kissing the top of Carmen's head before he startrd to get dressed and ready for the day. He needed to be at the restaurant early for inventory that he always checked daily.

She stirred a little and smiled tiredly as she watched him. “Morning.... you know it’s not a crime to call in sick once in a while.” She teased him gently and reached for him. “Text me what you need alright... don’t scare too many staff.” She murmured and pecked his chin tiredly.

Roman woke up early and went to his moms room as always climbing into her bed and gently nudged her. “Mommy wake up. Mommy.... I’m hungry.” He told her pouting some.

Pero chuckled some and gave a smirk before he kissed her gently "Mhmmm I will my love." He murmured before he made his way out of her place and went to the restaurant. As he worked through the morning all he thought about was what his meeting with Danny might intel and he was worried about it

Max grumbled some but soon woke up and gave her son a small smile pulling him down cuddling him and kissing all over his face "And what so you want for vreakfast huh?" She asked tickling his tummy and blowing raspberries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back