• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Path I Can’t Follow

Max answered her phone and went wide eyed when she heard Danny say they were going to the hospital "What?! I'll be right there!" She screeched before quickly leaving not even thinking about the date she had with Arlo at that moment. As she got to the hospital and found his room she quickly rushed over to Roman and held him close "Oh my sweet boy are you okay?!"

Pero frowned some as he watched her. He took a deep breath and lifted her up biting his lip as she smacked at his face happily. He didn't understand this, or why he felt a pull to this baby but he knew now he couldn't give her up like he had planned on doing.

“Yeah, my skin is a bit itchy but I had orange juice and then daddy give me epipen and ow we here... the nurse gave me a sticker cause I was so good.” He told her and tried to wriggle our her grip some to get to Danny. “Daddy was really really worried but we forgot I can’t eat oranges.” He told her.

She soon saw the bottle and reached for it squealing, bringing it to her mouth and drinking quickly while she stared up at him, her littke hands gripping at his fingers.

Max looked at Danny and glared at him some "How did you forget that?!" She spat at him shaking her head some "No more alone time." She said seriously to him shaking her head some

Pero chuckled some and gave her the bottle watching her some "I guess you're not too bad huh?" He whispered to her sighing softly

“Hey hold on a minute don’t you dare talk to me like a child about this.” He snapped back at her. “He is just fine, his epipen worked and for the love of Christ the only reason that we are here right now is because of a rash.” He muttered.

She continued to stare at him until she finished and got to munching on her hands while he was burping her

Max frowned more shaking her head some "No one on ones.....you can see him with me there." She said taking a deep breath and pulling her hair up showing the old tattoo of his name that she had on the back of her neck.

Pero burped her some and sighed heavily whiping up her spit up giving a small smile when she giggled "You're not so bad I guess."

Danny glared at her but not about to yell at her right now but then he saw his name on her neck still and just laughed "You ahve got to be kidding me." He muttered shaking his head seeing that Roman was starting to fall asleep

Carmen came to and whimpered a little at the pain all over, slowly remembering what happened the night before and started crying quietly, she didn't want to be stuck here and she was desperate enough to let her pride out of the way and reached for her phone, dialling Pero's number and shaking some, hoping Dylan wasn't about to come back in.

Max frowned some and looked back at him "What?" She spat before turning her attention back to Roman worried sick about him hoping everything would be okay with him

Pero heard his phone go off and got up trying to get to it in time but it had stopped ringing by the time he got to it. He sighed heavily and picked it up going wide eyed when he saw Carmen's name and quickly redialed hoping she would pick up

She cussed under her breath quickly, putting it on silent but answered as she heard footsteps coming closer "Pero I wanna come home!" She whimpered "He's coming back but I miss you and I'm sorry and I need help!" She told him quickly before the door was flung open and the phone was pulled off of her.

He shook his head some "You never got me name removed?" He muttered "So don't sit there all high and mighty because you have NEVER made a mistake with him, sure, I believe that." He muttered, shaking his head, "He is fine but how dare you turn aroud and use this to say I can't spend time with my son one on one!" He snapped at her.

Pero frowned more and shook his head some "Carmen I'll find you I-." But before he could finish he heard her yell and the line was cut. He frowned more and took a deep breath going to his old book and trying to see if any of the numbers worked

Max frowned more looking at him letting a few tears fall "I'm not saying I haven't but I am saying that you shouldn't have forgotten something so serious!" She said taking a deep breath "Look.....for the week, I'll take him and we cam try this again next weekend." She murmured

"No don't you dare. You can't take him away from me for a whole week just because you feel like it." He snapped at her, "He fucking asked me for it and while I'm thinking about everythign this week it slipped my mind and he's okay because he has an epipen." He snapped at her.

Carmen frowned and tried to grab it back from him but he'd already thrown it and she was just trying to get away from him "Let me go please!" She begged "You promised me you were different and I just want to go home!" She cried

Max frowned and let a few tears fall not saying a word after it knowing he was right. She was scared though deathly afraid of what could happen. She took a deep breath and kept her face away from him "Did I tell you how we found out about his allergy?"

Dylan frowned more shaking his head "No you decided to be a fucking bitch and I'm not standing for it!" He yelled before he went in on her making sure to leave her barely consious when he was done.

He shook his head and leaned back, crossing his arms over his chest, "No, you haven't told me much about my own son to be fair." He muttered still a little miffed.

She did everything she could to push back and hold her own but he was twice her size and she was still roughed up from the previous night so she wasn't up to par and just lay there on the floor when he was done.

Max sniffled and gave a small nod "He was about a year and we were at my mom's for the day. I gave him some juice because he was crying and left the room to talk with my mom. He went silent and I thought he was happy, but I went back in and he had broken out in hives and was barely breathing. We got him to the hospital and they said had I been there even a few minutes later he....he would've been dead." she whimpered taking a shaky breath "He was in there for 3 days, after that I promised to always protect him even further than I already did....and I...I just...I can't loose him Danny."

Pero tried to call Danny multiple times after he got more of a lead on Carmen taking a deep breath trying to keep calm but he was now worried to death about her

Danny frowned and sighed heavily shaking his head "And you're not going to. He;s absolutely fine, he's a little itchy but he's gonna be alright. That's why we have an epipen for him. For when we are exhausted parents and mistakes happen." He pointed out, glancing at his phone, "The nurse is bringing his discharge papers in just a minute, I gotta take this." He told her, getting up and going to answer the call, "Hey, I'm kinda in the middle of something, is this important?" He asked him.

Roman woke up again a little grumpy just wanting to be home now with his cuddly toy. "Mommy I forgot I can't have oranges." He pouted at her, "Where.... Where did Daddy go?" He asked, looking around for him, "Did he leave?" He asked her looking upset over that

Pero frowned more and nodded some "I found her...and she is hurt...someone was hurting her. I need someone with Lily please." He said almost begging for Danny to help him so he could get the woman he loved

Max lookrd at Roman and shook her head some "No baby he had to step out to take a call real quick. He'll be right back." She cooed smilinh soft at him

Danny frowned some, looking back at the little cubicle Roman was in and sighed, "Give me half an hour and I can be there alright? I'm halfway across the city right now." He muttered and hugn up going back and kissed Roman's head, "Hey kiddo, I gotta go for a bit okay but I'll come see you tomorrow okay? How about I make you guys dinner again?" He suggested, "Tovar needs me... He's found Carmen but needs someone to watch lily." He told Max quickly. "I'll call you later alright?" He smiled some and left quickly.

Carmen was in and out all through that morning and well into the afternoon, coming to in the lounge to Dylan dragging her up and tying a tourniquet around her arm, "What... What are you giving me?" She slurred out to him.

Pero nodded and thanked him before he started to get things ready to leave.

Max frowned at him.and nodded some "Let me know if you find anything out okay?" She said softly before she hugged him tight and looked back at Roman "Say bye to daddy sweetie."

Dylan smirked some "Oh don't worry dear, its your favorite." He murmured before he kissed her gently and pushed the needile containing the screwball mixture into her

She tried to push him off still but she didn’t have much strength left and it was weak and lazy as she watched him push the syringe down just laying there against the base of the couch, shaking and worrying. “You can’t... you can’t do this.” She whimpered “it almost killed me last time.” She begged him

Danny said goodbye to them quickly and headed out, getting to Pero’s place quick as he could, frowning when he walked in and without another word he watched Tovar leave immediately, just shaking his head a little and made his way to the lounge, lifting the baby into his arms and sighing a little. He had wanted to hold roman when he was this small and he still wanted more kids of his own. Whether max would ever want him lie that again though was the problem

Pero left immediately after Danny arrived and made his way out. He knew the area she was in and he wouldn't be taking his own car there. He took a deep breath as he hitched a cab and told him what area before he finally got there about 45 minutes later. As he looked around at the old territory he used to run all of his memories started flooding back like wildfire

Dylan smirked some shaking his head some "Don't worry baby, its less than a third of the dose you O.D.'ed on. It'll just make you feel real good." He murmured softly to her as he pulled the needle out

She whimpered some. “Pendejo.... I’d been on it for years before.... I can’t....” she couldn’t even talk by that point she was struggling to breathe.

Danny smiled some as he called up max after he put lily down for a nap. “Hey, sorry about that, promise to make it up to him.” He mumbled. “How’s he doing?” He asked hearing the sounds of their tv so they were home at least.

Dylan shrugged some "You're fine." He muttered and left her there while he went to get something to drink then walked out

Max smiled softly seeing Danny's name pop up on her phone. She answered and listened shaking her head some "Its okay, Roman is fine we're cuddled up in our favorite jammies watching Paw Patrol at the moment." She said giving a small sigh just wishimg he could be there with them "How is Lily?"

It was one of Dylan’s old guys that saw Pero first, walking over to him and frowned. “You can’t be here Tovar... this ain’t your world anymore.” He muttered to him, shaking his head and started pushing him to turn around the other way. “I suggest you leave before he finds out you’re here. Before Ella finds out you’re here.” He told him frowning some.

He smiled some. “Well give him cuddles for me, she’s a good baby, just went down for a nap, there’s uh.... there’s been talk apparently that she was seen with a high flyer guy... her old dealer.” He mumbled rubbing at his face. “But Tovar’s getting as much infor as he can I think.”

Max smiled some and gave a nod "I'll make sure to do that." She said frowning more when she heard she might be with Dylan again "Oh god Danny....you gotta get her away from him...he'll kill her." She whimpered

Pero glared at the man not shaken up by him what so ever "You're gonna move out of my way." He muttered taking a deep breath "I could care less about what Ella thinks."

He frowned some chewing on his lip. “I uh.... I know... I used to uh... I used to work with him. Back in the day.” He muttered sighing quietly. “I lived with him before I met you and I was there the day that he gave her the overdose on purpose. He used to get me to give her product to test how it would do.” He explained. “He would have killed her before if I hadn’t taken her to the hospital myself.” He mumbled rubbing at his face and going to get a drink.

He shook his head. “I know why you’re here and if you want her to live you’re gonna walk away from this street and go back the way you came.... take a left at the end of this block, you’ll find an alley half way down... that runs down the back of his apartment building.... are you getting what I’m saying? He’s a lunatic and he’s going to kill her. If he sees you here he’ll speed it up.” He told him slowly and pointedly. “Third floor, apartment number five.”

Max frowned as she listened to him and quickly got up going to the kitchen "What the hell are you talking about Daniel?" She said seriously and angrily down the phone taking a deep breath. She had no clue about any of this and it was infuriating to her.

Pero frowned more and gave a small nod before he turned around and left. He followed his directions and took a deep breath as he went inside looking around for any kind of weapon he could find. He ended up with a knife and stayed quiet as he looked to see if anyone was in the house or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back