• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Path I Can’t Follow

Roman pouted but nodded and hugged his dad "I'm sorry daddy." He murmured before he ran off to tell his mom sorry too

Max came out of the room with Roman and smiled giving Danny and friendly hug "Hey there, how are you today?" She asked before eyeing the food he brought "Whats all this?"

The social worker nodded some and gave a small sigh "Alright m'am thank you." He murmured before leaving the room with the child and taking her to a safe place before they could locate Pero.

Danny smiled some and watched him. “I uh, I was gonna make you guys dinner. Perl’s been teaching me... he asked if you’d heard from carmen at all.” He mumbled glancing back over at max.

Someone was knocking on the office door much later that evening just before close. “Mr. Tovar? Can we have a word? It’s regarding a Ms. Sanchez and a child she has claimed is also yours.”

Max smiled happily at him and nodded "Oh well thank you, I can't wait to try it." She said happily but frowned at the mention of Carmen shaking her head some "No....I haven't heard anything." She murmured

Pero frowned as people stepped into his office later that evening during the dinner rush "My child? What about Carmen? Is she okay?"

The two of them looked at each other before Lily’s main social worked looked back at Pero. “Not exactly. She’s become incredibly dependent on crystal meth. Caused the child to be born early and she almost died. Ms. Sanchez has failed to become sober or responsible enough to raise her daughter and so she will be going to the next of kin. As her biological father... that’s you.” He told him, lifting the baby carrier up so he could see his daughter.

Danny sighed a little. “He’s been worrying about her.... how’s your week been?” He asked her as he started setting things up

Max sighed heavily and gave a small nod "I am too." She murmured before shrugging some "It was fine...Arlo and I had another spat." She murmured giving a small shrug it was much more than a spat but she didn't want Danny worrying about her

Pero went wide eyed and shook his head some looking at the child "I....no I'm not father material I can't take her on." He said seeing the sleeping baby in the carrier

Danny frowned some but nodded. “I know I’ve not met him but it doesn’t sound like he gives you much of his time.” He muttered seeing roman run in again and hug Max’s legs asking for juice.

“Sir... we can’t force you... but if you deny this child she’s just going to end up in the foster care system. There is no other family.” He explained to him. “There would be regular checks to make sure everything was going okay with you both and you’d certainly receive any help with working things out... but her mother is completely unfit to look after her.”

Max gave a small nod and sighed softly "Yeah its becoming difficult to deal with." She murmured before smiling at Roman "Hey there baby, yeah you can have some." She murmured going to make him a cup and handing it to him before he ran off

Pero frowned as he listened to him and gave a heavy sigh shaking his head some "I'll take her.." he murmured getting up and taking the carrier staring at the small child

They sat down with him and spent the next couple hours going through paperwork with him so that he would be able to take her home with him.

Carmen on the other hand had slipped away from her own social worker and gotten to where her current dealer was, shooting up to help with the pain of losing her child to the state.

He sighed some and got started on dinner just glancing over at her. “What’s he like with roman?” He asked her frowning some.

Pero took a deep breath and stared at the child gulping some as she started to fuss. He picked her up and took a shaky breath bouncing her some to try and calm her "I um....I got you...I got you." He whispered softly

Max sat down and shrugged "He is fine with him. Brings him juice everytime he comes over. He is nice to him as well tries to make sure he is comfortable." She murmured softly

She immediately stared up at him then and stopped, reaching up for his lips and smiled at him. She was the spitting image of carmen.

Danny nodded slowly. “And what about you? Look I know... I know we aren’t together anymore and I know that our ship probably sailed a very long time ago ... but it does t mean I don’t still care about you. All I ever wanted was for you to be happy, and if you’re settling just because he’s good with roman.... you don’t deserve that.” He told her seriously.

Pero took a shaky breath and finally let go when he knew he was alone crying softly as he took in all of the features of his little girl. He composed himself soon after and placed her down in her carrier buckling her up again "Alright, time to go home."

Max nodded softly as she listened to him giving a small sigh "Yeah....you're right." She murmured watching him intently as he cooked. She'd be lying if she said that she didn't feel those old feelings for him starting to come back but she still very hesitant and didn't want to get hurt again.

Roman ran into the kitchen when it was time for dinner, munching away noisily while they talked, happy in his own little world until his Dad had to go, hugging him tightly and squealing happil as Danny lifted him high in the air beforeone final cuddle and Roman got down, tugging his mom to take him for his bath.

Danny smiled watching him get excited to go to bed, waving a goodbye to Max before heading home to Pero's place, walking in with his key and found him in the living room cradling a baby "Do uh.... Oh boy do I even ask right now?" He muttered staring at him a little in shock

Max smiled happily and went on with the evening having a good time with Danny and Roman. She laughed lightly as Roman tugged her along and waved goodbye to Danny before she got him into his bath

Pero looked over at Danny as he came in and took a deep breath "This....this is my daughter Lily....Carmen....she slipped up. Apparently she is addicted to meth again and was unfit to keep her." He explained

“Mommy can daddy come over again tomorrow?” He asked her. “I wanna show him my hot wheels.” He grinned at her splashing with the bubbles.

Danny frowned but nodded and sat down slowly. “Right.... So now you’re taking her in?” He asked him. “You got a bed for her? Food? Do you know anything of what you’re doing right now?” He asked him a little concerned for him and the baby.

Max gave a small laugh and nodded some "I'll ask if he can okay?" She asked smiling softly at him kissing his cheek gently before she helped wash him

Pero looked at him worried and shook his head some "I....I have no fucking idea what I'm doing." He admits taking a deep breath "I just...I saw her and I...I didn't want her in the system." He mumbled some

Danny just nodded. “Alright... then I’ll help you make this work.... hold on a sec,” he stepped into the kitchen and called max sighing a little. “Hey, sorry to bother you but uh... there’s been some development on the baby situation with carmen.... baby is here... with Pero.... we need your help, neither of us really know what we’re doing with a baby baby.... he doesn’t want her to end up in the system.” He told her chewing on his lip some. “They don’t know where she’s gone though.”

Roman let his mom finish cleaning him up but grumbled when she answered her phone instead of paying attention to him just trying to climb out the tub and tug on her jeans, getting reallly antsy

Max saw Damny's name flash on her phone and frowned some putting the phone to her ear and holding it with her shoulder before she dried Roman off "Shit....okay I'll be there in an hour. Thank god I kept all of Roman's baby bed stuff and some clothes." She said sighing softly "I have tomorrow off so either you or Pero can come shopping with me." She murmured wanting to try and ignore the thought of Carmen being gone

Roman frowned as he listened to her until she hung up. “But that’s my stuff mommy. You can’t give it to someone else.” He grumbled while they got him into his pjs

Max frowned some and said goodbye to Danny then looked at Roman "You can't wear that stuff anymore though sweetheart and Auntie Carmen's baby needs it. So we are going to be nice and let the baby have it okay?" She said softly hoping her wouldn't make a huge fuss about it.

He grumbled some, grumpy the whole car ride over there until he saw his dad again and ran at him, jumping into his arms, holding onto him while they headed inside and he climbed down staring at the baby asleep in the carrier. “Daddy that’s auntie carmens baby.” He grinned pointing at the little girl.

Carmen woke up to a kick to the back and groaned some, getting up and looking back over at who she thought was her dealer but froze seeing Dylan there. “Clear off.... I may be back in this world but I don’t want you anywhere near me.” She spat trying to be strong and stand her ground enough.

Max gave a small smile as Roman looked at the baby glancing at Danny some and rubbing the back of her neck "I hope this helps, you guys have to get her bottles and formula though. I got a small tub at the store with a bottle but this will be gone by the end of the week." She explained

Dylan smirked some and pushed some hair from her face "Come on mamí don't be like that. I'm a changed man." He murmured softly to her licking his lips as he looked her up and down "Still as gorgeous as ever."

Danny looked over at Pero frowning some, "Thank you.... so much... Hey bud, why don't you go see if Tovar needs any help with her." He suggested just for a minute while he pulled Max to the kitchen and frowned some, "He's uh... he's a little in shock. Apparently they told him that she's completely dropped off the radar. She's just out there somewhere looking for her next high." He muttered quiety "I think he's blaming himself some... Do you still need me to have Roman for the afternoon tomorrow?" He asked her, making up a bottle as he followed the instructions so Pero could feed her.

Carmen frowned and tried to step away from him, "No... No I don't believe that." She slurred at him, frowning still, "What do you want? How did you know where to find me?" She questioned him, still trying to walk away but he just see,ed to follow her and she didn't have the energy to really fight it.

Max frowned some and followed him sighing heavily as she watched the two of them out in the living room "No....if you're busy handling this I've got him. You call me if you need any help though okay?" She murmured while showing him how to make a bottle

Dylan smirked some and followed her around "Carmen, Mamí come on. I've changed I swear it." He murmured to her taking her hand in his and pulling her to his body "You know you miss me."

The last thing she wanted was to end up back with him... but right now she had no place to sleep and he would be her best option, sighing heavil she finally looked up at him again "Fine... you take me to your place and show me how much you've changed." She muttered.

Danny frowned shaking his head "I can still have him, thank you again." He told her, wanting nothing more than to pull her into his arms and kiss her like they'd never been apart but right now was far from the time to try and win her back.

Dylan smiled happily and took her to his car before he drove off to his shit apartment taking her inside "I know its not much but its what I can get by on."

Max smiled some and gave a small nod "I'm gonna show you guys how to feed her and change her diaper, then I gotta get Roman to bed. Its way past his bedtime." She explained

Users who are viewing this thread

Back