• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Path I Can’t Follow

Conrad got in around lunch time, running late for the first time since he'd started working there around the same time Pero had. "Hey, sorry, Lena was up all night sick, I overslept, won't happen again." He muttered. He was the sous chef for the restaurant and just about the only other person besides Carmen who had ever maanged to muster a smile from him. Albeit a lot less times than she already had in the past five months. "You're off tonight and tomorrow right?" He muttered getting himself together. They were lucky it was a Monday and therefore pretty quiet for them.

Carmen put herself together and got out of the house, heading down to where her best friend lived with her little boy, knocking on the door and smiled when she heard the running of small feet, looking up once the door opened "Hey! I thought I'd pop over... Roman what are you answering the door for you cheeky monkey?" She smiled at him and ushered him inside, going in behind him "Hello? Max? Hey I came over to take you guys out for like a brunch or something... Roman answered the door by himself." She called to her, heading into their kitchen and leaned against the doorway, "He's growing up so fast."

Pero frowned some and Conrad and gave a small nod when he mentioned his child. He was never one for children but he understood the responsibility of them for others so he usually didn't fault them if something was wrong with them. He gave a nod at his question "Yeah, but I'm always on call if needed." He murmured as he finished preparing a meal

Max turned around and scolded Roman "Roman Blue, I told you not to answer that door!" She said sternly before looking her bestfriend and smiling some "Hey there, yeah that sounds good actually. I was just putting up Roman's juice cup." She said taking a deep breath "I gotta talk to you though....its about Danny."

Con snorted a little, shaking his head. “Pero take a night off and relax for once.” He chuckled. “Work is not the be all and end all. We’ll still be here when you get back.” He teased him a little and got on with work. “How’s you and carmen?”

she smiled and nodded , helping her get romans stuff together. “Oh god what’s happened with him? He’s not got shanked has he?” She muttered frowning some.

Max shook her head some taking a deep breath "No....he is out, he showed up yesterday and wanted to see me and our son." She said getting the rest of Roman's things ready and got him ready as well "I have no clue what to do."

Pero chuckled some and shrugged some "Been good, she has been staying over a lot more." He said giving a small shrug not going into further detail. He didn't like his personal life out there in the open.

She frowned some shaking her head and helped her get the car seat into her car “no. Absolutely not. Until he can prove to you that he’s not gonna go back to that and that he is serious about being here then he can’t be around him.... Roman can’t have people in and out of his life like that.” She muttered.

he nodded and got on with work after that, noticing pero on his phone a lot more than usual but not saying anything. It was probably something important.

Max gave a nod and sighed softly "I know and thats what I told him. I told him get a legal decent job and a good place to live for a month and then maybe we could talk about seeing him at times." She explained getting Roman buckled up sighing softly when she noticed how distracted he was and not talkative "I've got that appointment for him later this week....I just hope he is okay."

Pero sighed heavily as the day dragged on and Danny called multiple times pushing him closer and closer to his last nerve and telling him to forget about the deal

She frowned some getting in and driving to romans favorite ihop. “I’m telling you, they’ll tell you he’s on the spectrum but the good news is that he talks and he communicates so he can still have some form of normality.... I mean, look at me girly, I know that I’m nuts but I’m at least independent.” She smiled at her. “I’m still tryna get Pero to agree to meet you, he’s just been so worn out, working crazy shift patterns.” She told her.

Danny eventually texted him that he was sorry, he was just anxious to be able to get himself on track and be able to have a life with his son.

Max got in the passengers seat and nodded some "Yeah you're right." She said giving a small smile laughing lightly about the infamous boyfriend she had heard so much about "Well I hope we get to meet him soon." She said happily "I wanna meet the guy who makes my best friend this happy."

Pero gave a sigh and groaned some before he finished up and went to lunch for himself just sitting there in his back office looking over things and trying to keep a level head

She smiled some and blushed. “He’s a very handsome Spaniard.... he’s just.... he’s the zen to my manic periods.” She smiled, blushing at the thought of him, pulling up outside the ihop and taking them both inside.

Conrad stuck his head in at the end of his shift smiling at Pero. “Hey, order just came in, i uh... I’m sorry am I interrupting?” He asked cautiously, knowing way better than to get in the way of him and anote else unless he wanted his head ripped off.

Max smiled happily and carried Roman inside the restaurant "Well he sounds lovely and by the pictures you've shown me I can agree he is a very handsome man." She said giving a small laugh "I've been seeing a man lately. He is really lovely too, he knows about Roman too and he doesn't mind." She explained

Pero looked up at Conrad and gave a nod "Alright, let me wash up and get out there then go head out. Hope your daughter gets to feeling better." He murmured before he stood up and put his chef coat back on before washing his hands and getting back into the kitchen.

He nodded and thanked him, heading out once he could.

carmen smiled some as she listened to her, “and why is this the first I’m hearing about it?“ she asked her, raising an eyebrow but they gotfood ordered and eaten, carmen dropping the two of them back home once they were done and headed out to do her errands, stopping off at the restaurant at the end of peros shift to pick him up as a surprise.

Roman was busy colouring and munching the whole time at breakfast and by the time they were going home he’d fallen asleep for his first nap, waking up as his mom walked them in the house. “Mommy can I have cartoons?” He asked her pouting some while he slowly woke up

Pero came out after he was done with the day smirking some when he saw Carmen's car out front. He quickly went over and got in the car smiling wide "Hey there beautiful, how was your day?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

Max smiled softly when she saw Roman come into the livinf area aftet his nap "Sure thing baby." She said softly kissing his cheek and turning the TV on "Mommy has a friend coming over for dinner okay? He wants to meet you."

He shook his head frowning and held onto her. “No mommy you don’t need friends cause you got me.” He giggled and cuddled her tightly.

Carmen smiled over at him. “I was in the area, thought it would be quicker to pick you up, I got your bits and bobs from the store.” She told him, driving to his place.

Max laughed lightly as she turned of Scooby Doo for him "Well you are of course my number one person in this whole world Roman! Mommy can have friends though okay? But I promise none of them will take your place." She explained before she kissed all over his face

Pero smiled some and gave a nod "Thanks babe." He murmured kissing her hand as he took it in his "How was your day off?" He asked as he stared out the window

She smiled tiredly at him and shrugged. “It was okay, I got breakfast with max and her little one, you know I’m gonna pin you down for a day to meet her soon.... it’s not an option.” She told him.

Roman giggled and shook his head. “No. I’m most important.” He told her and tried to tickle her happily.

Max gave a small laugh as he tickled her "Eek Roman you silly boy!" She said happily tickling him as well before she settled down with him and watched TV until when she needed to start dinner.

Pero chuckled and gave a nod "Alright alright I'll meet her babe okay?" He murmured happily as he turned his attention to her as she drove

She smiled some more, shaking her head. “Your accent gets thicker when you’re grumpy.” She pointed out, parking up at his place and leaned over, kissing him softly. “I got a job for you by the way.” She murmured against his lips.

Arlo knocked on the door around the time he’d agreed to get over there, smiling as he heard her little boy on the other side of the door

Max went to the door when she heard a knock smiling happily when she saw Arlo on the other side "Hey there handsome, how are you?" She asked smiling morr when she noticed the flowers in his hand

Pero smirked some at her "If it doesn't involve me between your legs I don't wanna do it." He muttered watching her some letting his hand run up her thigh

Carmen smiled some. “Well I guess it’s your lucky day.” She winked at him and pecked his cheek gettin our the car and took him inside, squealing with surprise as he lifted her up soon as they were in the door and she laughed as they went to his room. “I thought you’d want a nap first.” She giggled pulling his face close to hers.

He smiled, watching her. “Hey gorgeous, I got these for you.” He murmured lifting the small bouquet towards her, kissing her cheek. “Missed you this week.” He murmured as he headed inside with her.

Pero smirked some and picked her up as soon as she closed the door and took her bed. He chuckled some and soon layed there panting with her afterwards "Mmmm now I'll sleep real good tonight." He murmured kissing the top of her head gently stroking her cheek gently

Max smiled happily at kissed his cheek as well "Mmm thank you, I missed you too." She said softly leading him in and biting her lip hard when she looked over at Roman "Would you like to meet him now?" She asked softly

She smiled some and reached up, running her fingers through his hair. “Hmm..... long day?” She asked him. “I’ve been worrying about you some.... ever since that phone call you’ve been distant.” She murmured to him. “Is everything okay?”

arlo nodded and smiled. “Sure. I brought him a juice boxcause you said he liked kool aid... thought maybe it might endear him to me.” He chuckled. He wasn’t great around kids buthe liked max enough that he would put the effort in. It wasn’t that he didnt like kids, he just didn’t know any to know how to be.

Pero gave a small nod and sighed heavily "Yeah just....its nothing. Just wanting everything to work out." He said smiling a bit at her and cuddling close "I love you beautiful."

Max smiled at him "Aww he'll love it." She said walking over to her son and turning off the TV "Roman come here baby, there is someone I want you to meet." She said taking his hand and leading him to Arlo

She frowned, rolling over to face him and sighed a little. “Pero... we’ve been together for seven months now... why won’t you tell me anything about you?” She murmured, cupping his cheek and straddling his waist.

roman frowned holding his moms hand and looked up at the guy confused. “Who is this?” He asked her, gripping at her leg and hiding behind her some

Max smiled softly at him then looked at Arlo "This is Mommy's friend she told you about, can you say hi to him? Look he got you a juice box." She murmured

Pero sighed heavily watching her some "Because my past isn't who I am anymore and I don't want you thinking differently okay?" He said softly to her

“Baby it would take a LOT for me to look at you differently.” She assured him and kissed his nose. “Not right now.... but please... I feel like I barely know you sometimes.” She murmured to him, rolling over to go get a snack in his kitchen.

He frowned some and shook his head. “I don’t wanna.” He mumbled and ran off to his room not wanting to see anyone new right now.

Arlo smiled at her some. “Don’t worry, I know it’s gonna be a struggle but it’s alright... it’ll just take time.” He murmured to her and kissed her forehead pulling her into his arms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back