What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Pair of Hunters - OOC [1x1]

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

AEONmeteorite

Architect of Worlds
Helper
Supporter
OH man I love your character. you drew that? that looks super good!
Thank you! I'm a full time illustrator and hopefully animator in the future. I love drawing my characters. If an rp goes on long enough, I draw my partner's character too as a thanks for sticking around. So, it'd be awesome if we make it to that point.

Calibutcher

Mother Trucking Dragons!!
That would be super awesome I for sure would like to stick around that long.
So guns are good right? I'll be sticking to older western style weapons.

Calibutcher

Oh I'm so excited for this guy I am almost done. I got sidetracked by dinner. Darn body making me have to eat and stuff.

Calibutcher

Oh I just finished a Ham I've been cooking for 2 hours today it turned out perfect. I'm still picking at it now, though I'm pretty full.

AEONmeteorite

Architect of Worlds
Helper
Supporter
Oh I just finished a Ham I've been cooking for 2 hours today it turned out perfect. I'm still picking at it now, though I'm pretty full.
A little random. But what you said reminded me of this. I have this best friend (been friends for more than 15 years) and she and I used to live together as roommates. We decided to go get a snack and rent a movie that night. We got the movie, went to the grocery store, and she decided on an entire rotisserie chicken for her snack. (She's always been known as a meat eater). She's this itty bitty girl and in the first thirty minutes of the movie, the entire chicken was eaten thoroughly. She inhaled her food, I swear.

Calibutcher

That's awesome, I am a total carnivore. I would eat just meat all the time if it were not for my wife. I have several times eaten a rotisserie chicken by itself for lunch or dinner and once even breakfast. My wife helps me branch out and eat potatoes and salad and stuff which is good cause I need that too.

Calibutcher

I'm actually gonna have to work pretty hard to keep him as serious as I wrote him up but I think I can do it and it should turn out pretty well. Let me know if anything is unclear. Or if you would like general clarification.

AEONmeteorite

Architect of Worlds
Helper
Supporter
HOLY CRAP I'M EXCITED!

I haven't ever roleplayed with such an awesome character. I love the idea of a younger, pretty new huntress teaming up with an older seasoned hunter. Ooooo! I'm also a sucker for father figures, and while that doesn't need to happen in this, I always tend to favor older characters in stories and movies just because they have that knowledgable umph. The start of the rp will start soon. I'm currently in university (now it's all online due to the virus) and need to make sure I get sketching in today. Should be up in about an hour.

Calibutcher

Im glad your excited Because I am so excited too! I know the virus sucks but Ive got time to do this again which is cool.
As far as father figures go I can see that happening potentially, Though really I guess we will see how the natural flow goes.

AEONmeteorite

Architect of Worlds
Helper
Supporter
Agreed. I know a lot of people like to plan exactly what will happen to the characters in a roleplay, but I find it more fun where it'll lead to. I like a proper navigation to help move the story along, but I don't like exact decisions before things happen.

But man, these are such opposite characters, it's going to be fun!

Calibutcher

Ya when I thought this character up I did not think it would actually turn out this opposite. Its gonna be like perfect chaos haha. Ya I think we will do really well together here I like the same style as you. As far as the actual story goes. I assume you have a pretty decent arc in mind to start or should we work out together what we would like to happen in general.

AEONmeteorite

Architect of Worlds
Helper
Supporter
I have an arc that I'd, for the most part, like to keep a surprise. That being said, I do welcome ideas, especially if any occur to you during the rp itself. The only thing I'm wondering is that, while I know what the corporation is, I don't know what they'd be like or if our characters should ever have interaction with someone from them on a regular basis. I'm also trying to figure out exactly how they'd camp out, have food, and all those essential things for being out in the wilderness.

Calibutcher

Well as far as camping goes I think Mcrae is like a walking shopping cart and can haul a decent amount, though for very long excursions we might employ a team of trail mules to carry extra food and gear. Also we could do subsistence hunting. We might even employ a trail team so mules and there handlers as well as a trail cook and such.
I do see the corporation being rather shadowy and a bit mysterious in some ways. Maybe we have like a handler who helps assign us missions and such. Though the actual way the company runs can be something we try to glean info on.

AEONmeteorite

Architect of Worlds
Helper
Supporter
I could see a handler who appears on occasion. I don't want us to worry about an npc all the time, but there could be check points throughout the wilderness that the corporation created. There could be streamline ways to get there, like underground tunnels, so sometimes the two could meet the handler there when they are asked to. These checkpoints are great for getting hunters into a middle of a forest/mountains/etc fast, but that's about it, besides a place to sleep to sleep if one is nearby. They'd be far in few in between. We'd probably need a way of communication then, just enough to send messages along the lines of, "Meet at checkpoint yadayada at this time on this day, can you confirm you would make it there in time."

Calibutcher

Ya checkpoints would be more streamlined for sure that works for me.
We can also cut out the handler and just have job boards at some checkpoints. I could also see going to the corporation building or an outpost and just getting a tube with a letter in it that has our next hunt with a rough location.

I've done a few hikes with pack animals and that is super fun. Though I could see Mcrae being crabby around trail horses if we ever took any along.

Calibutcher

Response is up, I'm just starting to feel a good rhythm from this rp already its got me excited. Hope I dont anger Versolas to much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)