• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Clementine Holt​
Clementine’s hands were pressed into the wood of the tree as she hanged off of it for dear life. Blood rushed in her ears as the events unfolded around her. She groaned as her arms began to cramp.

The low buzz in her ears went almost unnoticed. As it grew in intensity, Clementine clenched her teeth and tried to ignore it. However, the pitch became unbearable and she began rubbing her ear against her shoulder to try and relieve the persistent pain. Her eyes closed tightly as she prayed for it all to end.

Suddenly, in the blink of an eye, Clementine saw white. Her mind was foggy in a state of panic, but she remembered closing her eyes but moments ago. Afraid to move, she tried to stayed still and focus on her panicked breathing. Clementine expected the new loss of breath to be fearful, but it left her with an eerie sense of calm. Her last thought contemplated if she died.

The snap back to awareness gave her the sensation of falling; her stomach seemingly dropping into her feet. She instinctively gripped the plush sheets beneath her and gulped for air. The presence of the room gave a familiar feeling, but did not calm the shakiness of her hands. Clementine rose in the bed and stood on trembling legs, only a little disturbed by the calm acceptance of what she thought was death. With shaky breath she headed towards the door and opened it to confront the ever prevalent smell of bacon and people in the room ahead.

newface.jpg
Augie Ward

Indy Rhyme Rhyme

Outside the window, a different world greeted her eyes. No longer were they in an inactive volcano, but a village. The sun hadn't yet crested the treeline, and what a treeline it was. A thick morning fog danced and weaved in between the trees surrounding the village. A moderate wall of stone and rock encircled the village. There were several houses that looked to be of a similar construction to the one she was in.

A few people were moving around, a couple of women carried clay jugs of water, a couple of men were hauling the body of a freshly killed deer to a fire already prepared in the middle of the village. A pair of centaurs wearing armor and carrying spears seemed to be patrolling along the outer edge of the village, just inside the protective walls. Candlelight could be seen in the windows of some of the other houses, and a barn was glimpsed along one side.

There was the sound of a male swearing, followed by something metal clanking slightly against metal. Bare feet padded across the wooden floor toward her room. The door handle turned, and a young man stood there, peering in. "Nahla? What... what in the dark sea is going on?" The man moved a little further inside to examine the chaos wrought in the room.

He had dark hair of varying lengths, it curled around his face and teased the back of his neck. His facial hair was kept trimmed, lining and accentuated his jawline, with a small goatee in the middle of his chin. He wore simple linen pants, and a wool tunic with a hood in the back and simple laces in the front. Dark green eyes looked up at her, as a perplexed, but worried expression crossed his face. "Are you 'right? Are you pained?" He spoke with a familiarity, a warmth of emotion in his tone of voice.

And once Indy looked up, her perception would begin to shift. Like someone having a very vivid dream, upon waking the memory of such dreams, and the things contained therein, began to blur and fade. Small tidbits grasped onto threads, trying to stay alive, to stick in her consciousness. The most important parts fought to be recalled. The way she had been drugged along with Foster, and subsequently absconded with. The fact she had a full blooded sister. The signing of her name in blood upon a contract. Little things, things that stood out above nearly everything else. They fought to embed in her memories in some way, shape, or form, even as other memories flooded in.

She knew the man in the room, knew him well. Augie, sometimes called Oogie when she was upset, or wanting to 'poke the bear' so to speak. They often swam together, this was their house, their home. He wasn't a threat, even as he began to move closer. "Is your back a'right? You had quite the tumble. Blacked out for while. Had me worried all up and down the riverbed." One arm reached out toward her, the look on his face filled with concern. "Lay down an' I'll fetch you some food. It's fresh."

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

jason_momoa3.jpg
Hunts-At-Dusk
Roje Britt-21 Britt-21

The yell had alerted the occupant in the other room, so as Roje started to open the door, someone was already there and reaching for the doorknob. Hair was wild, like a mane around his head. Face was a bit dirty from having been outside most of the night, but it was a face that danced along her memories. Memories that, like a vivid dream, were already foggy and fading the longer Roje was awake. Other things started to flood in, even as the man she knew moved to rest a palm along the side of her face with a husky rumble, "Viv... How you feelin'?"

Certain remembrances dug in their claws, fighting hard to remain alive no matter what. The family she thought once as mother and father were nothing but a lie, a coverup for the real family, which included a full blooded sister. And she had become shadow kissed, only the last part was different somehow. When she looked into the face of the one before her, she -knew- she was shadow kissed to this man.

A man who wore pants and a tunic of hand made leather, likely from animals he had skinned himself. There was the scent of the fresh night air still clinging to him, his clothing, his beard, his mane of rope like tresses. Golden eyes bore into her before he quickly scanned the rest of her person with a low, deep rumble in his chest. "You shouldn't be outta bed, love. You had quite the blow." He moved to look at the back of her head before kissing her hair and pushing the door open wider.

"There's fresh food, I threw in some bacon. Do you feel well to eat at the table, or would you rather I bring breakfast in bed?" There was a sideways grin, so familiar even in the new flood of memories. Then he chuckled, "I'll behave. I swear. I would rather die than cause you more harm." He dipped his head even as he leaned down just enough so his forehead could press lightly against hers. "You had me worried for a while, Vivian. I'd rather not go through that again."

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

armour.jpg
Drayden
Hayley Britt-21 Britt-21

Outside the window, a different world greeted her eyes. No longer were they in an inactive volcano, but a village. The sun hadn't yet crested the treeline, and what a treeline it was. A thick morning fog danced and weaved in between the trees surrounding the village. A moderate wall of stone and rock encircled the village. There were several houses that looked to be of a similar construction to the one she was in.

A few people were moving around, a young boy and girl were doing their best with carting a long stick over both their shoulders, a bucket of water at either end. There was a man and woman talking to each other as she carried a bunch of bowls, and he seemed to hold a bucket of spoons, forks, and knives. An ogre wearing armor and carrying a pole arm seemed to be patrolling along the outer edge of the village, just inside the protective walls. Candlelight could be seen in the windows of some of the other houses, and somewhere a sheep bleated.

The longer she watched the happenings outside the window, the more everything felt like a vivid dream. Already things were fading, falling back into a fog, forgotten, undone, save for a few things. A few remembrances which refused to go quietly into the good night. Hayley remembered being held in a coven where shifters were kept as pets, or worse, slaves. Those in power had been little more than monsters, with some doing whatever it took to get what they wanted, no matter the cost. And yet, other memories started to grow clearer, they snapped into acute awareness as the door to the bedroom opened and she looked into a familiar face.

shiababy.jpg
The deep voice rumbled like the echoes of a mountain shifting along the world. "Jeanine." The man smiled warmly as he moved farther into the bedroom, but he wasn't alone. In one arm, balanced against his side, he carried a small boy, toddler sized, but with wings. The baby knew her, and was already reaching, making grabby hands in Hayley's direction. "Shia's been eager for you to wake. Me, too. Feel better? They patched up your shoulder, but you didn't wake. I was.. we.. we were worried."

He was dressed in leather and steel, one shoulder and arm covered in armor, the rest more of a girdle than a tunic. His hair was cut close to his head, and a chain dangled around his neck, just above symbols scarred into his skin. But she knew him, and the child, her memories told her so. This was their house, but they weren't together. The man cared and protected them, and on more than one occasion, it seemed as if he had tried to express fondness for her, but wasn't exactly sure how.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

lokidopple01s.jpg
Loki Blackwell
Edwin Thropian Thropian

The door opened up to reveal a larger room with a fireplace, handmade wood furniture in front of the fireplace, and a small fur rug in between. There was a dining table with four chairs, some shelving, a wood burning stove and some countertop space. Candles in wall scones helped keep things lighted when the sun wasn't up, and a candle chandelier overhead kept the light flickering throughout.

Attending to a pot hanging on a rod in the fireplace, a smaller form stood, back to the opening door for the moment. He was dressed in a dark green tunic and tan breeches, with blond hair to his collarbone, some strands tucked behind a pointed ear. He stirred the food in the pot and took a small sip before replacing it and turning around without much warning. Green eyes crinkled as he grinned upon seeing Edwin peeking out of the door. "Dwight! Now you's a sight for sore eyes. Been hoping you woulda woke up before now, but ain't no matter. Yous awake now."

Looking at the young man, Edwin felt a familiarity, he knew the blonde, just as much as he knew this house, this village. They would patrol the trees together on a regular basis. Everything else felt like a vivid dream. Already things were fading, falling back into a fog, just a dream. Just something from his imagination, though a few memories stuck fast. He could recall seeing a modern city with another blonde man, different and yet very similar to the one in front of him now. Then came the underground waterfall, and the communing with the animal spirits found there. And the knowledge that there were so very many other creatures that still existed, werewolves, dragons, fairies, and obviously elves.

The young elf started heading closer. "Them swipes heal up yet? The healer said it should be as right as rain pretty quick like. Ain't sure what right as rain really means, if'n ya think about it." He gave a bit of a small laugh, gesturing toward the fireplace, or the pot contained therein. "She was kind 'nuff to drop some food by earlier. Should be nearly all aheated. Tastes pretty good. You know I ain't one fer cookin' meself, but.. I'm good ta eat anything put in front of me."

The smile faded a bit, one hand coming up to rub at the back of his neck. "Maggot-pie! I know, talkin' too much again. Sorry. But you doing okay, right D?" And he was finally quiet, eyebrows lifted as he waited a response.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

chase09.jpg
Chases-Death
Leif KodakWolf KodakWolf

On the other side of the door, someone was stirring something in a metal pot or kettle, food presumably from the smells drifting under the door. Nothing alarming, nothing to indicate Leif was in danger. Plenty of time to take a peek out the window. The curtain felt light, but there was something to the material worth a deeper inspection sometime. Outside the window, a different world greeted Leif's eyes. No longer were they in an inactive volcano, but a village. The sun hadn't yet crested the treeline, and what a treeline it was. A thick morning fog danced and weaved in between the trees surrounding the village. A moderate wall of stone and rock encircled the village. There were several houses that looked to be of a similar construction to the one he was in.

A few people were moving around, a woman tugged on the handle of a wooden cart laden with different pots, the kind one might see in a kitchen full of stew. There were two teenage boys racing each other to see who could get their bundle of firewood to the fire fastest. A centaur wearing armor with a bow and quiver on his back seemed to be heading toward the woods. Candlelight could be seen in the windows of some of the other houses, and somewhere a cow mooed.

As Leif let the curtain fall back into place, the memories of recent events took on a foggy haze. Like a vivid dream, forgotten more and more the longer one was awake, no matter how hard they tried to recall events. Though a few seemed stuck, like glued to a page in his memory book. Such as seeing Mangy after so long, now grown up and a young woman, child no longer, much like his daughter, Turid, seeing her face again. Then there was the friendship with a certain white wolf with a penchant for wuffling, and letting Leif drink his blood. Or how life started to feel completely out of his control, despite his best effort to keep it.

And then Leif heard a wuffle from the other room moments before the door opened, and more recent memories came to Leif. He knew this village just as he knew the man standing in the doorway, looking toward him as a smile crossed the scruffy face. Past and present seemed to be merged somehow, for the Chase entering the room was the same, and yet a different man.

His hair was more unruly, hanging around his face. A face with more wrinkles and worry lines, maybe a face that didn't smile as much. He was dressed in a simple tunic, but with leather breeches, as if he had been half dressed. What hadn't changed were the blue eyes and how they curled at the outer edges when he grinned big, like now. "Leif!" He moved toward Leif, not stopping until one hand slid behind the man's neck, and lips were pressed to Leif's in a kiss that spoke of much more than friendship. Chase's free hand pressed flat to Leif's chest as the kiss lingered unless Leif pulled back before it was over.

Chase wuffled a couple of times before he sought to press his forehead to Leif's, voice rough with emotion. "I was worried when you didn't wake up." He drew back to look into the vampire's face. "You had taken so many hits, they wouldn't let me give you more blood. But I trust the healer, she said you'd recover. Thank the seas, you did." There was a wide grin then, and a quick peck of a kiss before Chase moved back a step or two. "Do you need more blood?" He was already moving to roll up a sleeve on his left arm. "I know another who'll be glad to see you awake."

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Skullfull.png
GM POST
Silver Silver- Silver-
Evelyn Maeteris Maeteris
Clementine AsherMasher AsherMasher

Silver, Clementine, and Evelyn started to feel the recent memories fading away the longer they were awake. If they tried to latch onto them, tried to actively recall the events, they seemed even more elusive like most vivid dreams upon waking. Though, they each had a few recollections that stuck, held fast and for one reason or another, would not be so easily forgotten.

While Silver remained in her room, with the toasty fireplace and smells of food drifting under the wooden door, and Evelyn had yet to stir, Clementine opened the door to her room. She was but one of many doors, one of six if the front door didn't count, three on either side. In the middle seemed to be more of a common room, with another fireplace, wood burning stove, along with some counters on one wall, storage chest on the other. A table and six chairs was being set by a woman who was talking to a young man who seemed anxious.

leira04.jpg

She wore a dark blue dress with flared sleeves, green embroidered vines and leaves danced and weaved up each sleeve and around the scoop neckline. "She has to rest more, you'll see her when she wants to be seen. She's fine Ravens." She paused in setting the table to look at the young man with a tilt of her head. "Or do you feel another healer would be better?"

Rhevenshat.jpg

"No, no, you're the best.." The man had dark hair that curled around his face, held down by the furred hat he wore. He was dressed for the outside, with a leather tunic and breeches, but concern radiated off of him. "I just.. I worry about Aria, the battle was one of the worst we've had so far. So many were hurt and.." His hands curled around the top of a wooden chair. "I care about her, I mean.. I care about everyone in the village just... you know." Everyone knew.

The woman patted one of his hands with a small smile. "Yes, we know, and we lost many, but no one is in danger of not making it by now. Those left are doing very well, Ravens. Now.." She held out the remaining plates and utensils. "Help finish setting the table and I'll check on how the food is coming along." The man nodded and accepted the chore without any further words.

As the woman turned, she spied the open door, and the young woman in the doorway. "Ashley! So glad to see you on your feet. Oh, you forgot your slippers. The wood floor can be cold in the mornings, get your slippers on and I'll fix your plate first. I can imagine you're quite famished!"

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Roje.png
1606065816108.png
Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Location: Am I fucking dead again?

Hazel eyes were met with the sight of a large man right out her door, seemingly reaching out to grab the door that she had pulled from his reach. Lifting her gaze, her eyes widen, her heart almost leaping out of her throat. "D-Dusk...?" she said softly, not sure how to really take what was in front of her. Upon further inspection, he was a little dirtied, his hair chaotic and that beard still thick as ever. Maybe even slightly longer? It had been so long since she last saw him that the changes could very well be something that were always...well... this. Unfortunately, as she tried to think of the times she had last saw him, the memories seemed fuzzy, clouded; as if she really did only dream it. This can't be real. He...no...Am I dead again? Did I finally die and find my resting place? it was hard to believe, considering that she never thought she'd ever have this kind of peace in the afterlife. Dusk's hand then came into contact with her cheek, her eyes finally locking with his once again as a familiar rumble escaped him as he asked how she was- Viv? her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, those once wide eyes narrowing slightly. Does he not know who I am? "Feeling? Pretty overwhelmed right about now."

In the back of her mind, the only thing she kept thinking about as top priority was her sister: Indy. But along side that, she was plagued with the thought of knowing her family was nothing but a lie her entire life. A horrible thing to face and learn at the age she was right now, but better now than never. As well as the fact she was in the middle of a bond, a bond created between two people. A bond that she had yet to learn about. Was she hallucinating? Was this all something in her bond tricking her into thinking she was safe? As her gaze remained locked onto his, she felt that bond regardless. Just by looking at him, she could tell. It was a feeling that could not be described, no matter how hard one would try. While these feelings and thoughts constantly swirled around her, she allowed one of her hands to lift up, placing her hand on top of his and feeling that warmth from his tough skin. He feels real. Solid. Nothing like a ghost...But hallucinations can be very real... in her heart, she didn't want this to be a hallucination. Roje wanted this to be real, no magic involved, no hallucinations...If this was the after life, then he really did actually die in that accident.

His movements began to shift, beginning to inspect her head and giving her a comforting kiss shortly after while opening the door the rest of the way. Quite the blow? I'm a Vampire. If I was simply whacked on the head, then I would have healed it in a matter of minutes...Depending on the blow Roje remained quiet, breathing through her nose as the smell of bacon became stronger, waking up her senses. Senses that also picked up the night air that clung to him and everything on him. He was definitely outside, but for how long? What for? Was he just taking a wolf run? More questions that had no answers to go with them. Questions she was going to bombard Dusk with as soon as she got a grip on what the hell was going on. He claimed there was fresh food and asked if she wanted to eat at the table or breakfast in bed "It never mattered where we were..." she murmured, a small smile tugging her lips before letting out a slight laugh when he mentioned behaving. Though it didn't take him long to use that different name, Vivian. What kind of damn name was that?

Her forehead was met with Dusk's own, that warm skin constantly giving her that comforting feeling. "Dusky, why the hell do you keep calling me by that stupid name? Did you seriously forget me?" she asked, taking both her hands and cupping his face "Granted, my name isnt the most normal of sorts but, I still would prefer it over Vivian... Roje. My name is Roje, not Vivian." she drew in a breath and bit her lip, trying to remember all the questions she wanted to ask "I'd rather us talk at the table. I have lots of questions, not enough answers. I want to know what you know...about me, about this house...and where we're at." as she said that, she started to feel things shifting within her mind. As if her mind was being fiddled with, old memories slowly being replaced with new ones, ones that right now, didn't make much sense to her.​

Hayley.png
tenor.gif

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Location: An Unknown Village

Hayley continued to study the view out her window, taking note that she was no longer in the Volcano Establishment of the Coven. In fact, she was seemingly in a quaint village, children and adults walking about doing tasks. I was right...I knew I wouldn't know my exact location, but it's good to know we're not in the Coven HQ. That thought alone still makes me worry, sadly.. lifting one hand to her chin, she cupped it in thought while continuing to examine the outside surroundings, especially the stone wall that looked like it could be a barrier around the village I'm going to have to rely on the people here. Perhaps I'll go outside soon for some answers... The Pyromancer then noticed that there was an Ogre wearing armor while equipped with a pole arm, walking along the inside wall as if he was on a patrol route. There's mystical creatures here too? He looks like he's doing that willingly rather than forcefully. the witch wasn't sure how much she could trust her eyes. Light from some other houses were known and the sound of a sheep could be heard. "Rune?" she asked softly, furrowing her eyebrows. Where was her small companion?

As if on time, her mind began to cloud up. The memories she possessed were feeling like nothing more than a vivid dream. In a way, it hurt her mind, almost as if the weight of the thoughts were on it for so long that once removed, it left her a little sore. Much like sore muscles after a workout. Hayley placed her hand on her head and closed her eyes, sighing softly while only remembering a few key things that fought to never leave her mind. The coven used Shifters as pets or slaves, something that went against her own feelings. No one should be treated that way, ever. No one deserved that, especially her two companions; Rune and Sage. Another thought had been that anyone of higher power were nothing but monsters, doing anything they wanted, no matter how great the cost was. Hayley despised people like that, which was why she was starting to do what was right, seeing the evil that the coven was doing to the people, the inhabitants. Those thoughts alone had been clear, but other memories were starting to scream over them for some reason.

She turned at the sound of the door opening. Dropping both her arms to her sides, the person who emerged from behind the door was none other than Sage, who was holding a baby on his side. All the while calling out a name Jeanine. A name she's never heard before but from his gaze, she was this so-called Jeanine. Go with the flow. she thought, though she made another mental note to write down some things inside a book. Even if her mind was becoming cloudy, even if it was a dream, it was always good to write down what was 'drempt'. "Hey," she responded, a small smile tugging her lips as she looked at the baby within his grasp, watching him reach out his hands, grabbing the air in attempt to be transferred over to her. "You've both been waiting? Well, I'm here now. No more waiting." Hayley then approached, closing the gap in between the trio and gently taking Shia from Sage's grasp, holding the boy on her side. Feeling some kind of familiarity, similar to that of a motherly nature. The first thing she did was kiss Shia's forehead before looking at sage "Patched my shoulder?" she asked, taking a look at both her shoulders as if expecting to see bandages. There was no pain, so what could he possibly be talking about?

"I...Can't recall what happened to my shoulder. In fact, I can't remember much right now."
despite her fogged mind, she was going to push as much as she could. He speaks almost like Sage. Though, this one seems...maybe a little more direct. Just fixes his "I"'s into "Us" ... Things are a little confusing, but I'm trying my best to keep my mind on track. slowly she swayed with Shia still within her grasp "Thank you for worrying about me, I appreciate that." using her free arm, she went and hugged him from her side "Could you tell me what happened?"

SILVER BLACKWOOD | location: some kind of farm | tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words AsherMasher AsherMasher

Silver found herself tearing her eyes away from the kindled flame that flickered before her with a defeated expression. The indented marks from her fingers that were left in her forearms denoted just how long she’d taken to just sit there and attempt to stir the memories that continued to slip out of her desperate grasp. A part of her wished that she could just wake up from this whole dream—to become a wolf again and live a simple life away from the cruelty that being around people brought, but she knew better than to assume they were all full of malice. She breathed a quiet sigh as she now gazed forlornly at the door just as voices floated in from the main room. It was then that she felt her chest tighten a bit at the sound of someone familiar. Should she go out there?

The tug of familiarity drew her to her feet and had her stepping away from whatever comfort the hearth offered, instead being replaced by icy flooring that reminded her of the feeling in her chest. Stopping in her tracks, she noticed that her hands were shaking and her throat was closing up as the voices outside distracted her further. Her mind searched for an answer—any type of reason for why she’d be reacting so fearfully—no, anxiously.

When was the last time she’d actually interacted with someone other than her parents or the occasional fellow student? Parent. She’d left home, but how? Vivid memories of shapeshifting flooded her mind with such definition, she couldn’t help but lean against the nearby wall for support. No dream could ever surmount to the memories she could actually recall.

She already had a history of being unable to remember things of her past as it was, so whatever force seemed to be worsening it was doing a grand job, but that voice... Rhevens. That was his name, but who was he again? The memories had been within her grasp and had just begun to warm her hands with the comfort that what she was remembering was something not of a dream. Even so, they began slipping away again, taunting her with the fleeting joy that she might’ve gotten something back.

The voice of a woman that greeted her ears said ‘Ravens’ instead of ‘Rhevens’ which couldn’t be right. And this Aria person, who were they? She was sure he was somehow important to how she’d become a wolf in the first place but her mind was far too boggled and her stomach apparently too empty as it voiced its desires. Her body cried out for sustenance but all Silver really wanted to do was throw herself onto the bed and sleep away whatever odd place she’d ended up in again.

Regardless of her desire to hide from the world, she reluctantly put the furred slippers on so the woman outside wouldn’t send her back to the room she was in to retrieve them like she could hear her doing to another girl by the name of Ashley. She slowly pried open her door and in doing so caught sight of said girl paused in the hallway. From what she could see, she seemed sort of familiar as well but her identity was barred behind yet another fog that Silver didn’t want to face right now.

“Can I help with something?” She murmured whilst looking to the formally dressed woman, taking this opportunity to act a bit more naturally in order to gain some information on this new situation as she stepped outside her room and slipped past the girl in the hallway.

Silver almost paused when she saw Rhevens setting up the table with the woman. His expression was full of worry even as he seemed to be focusing on the task that had been given to him. What was upsetting him so much?

Dwight
Tags:
They listened to the strange man talk, ramble really, and had they still had them, hackles would have been raised. The stranger didn't seem to notice the defensive posture, and called them Dwight. The name felt familiar, felt like one they knew, but wasn't their name. Was it? Their whole life was on the line of dreams and reality, half lost in dream fogs, half missing in the morning. Dwight was as good a name as any to use for now.

"I'm alive, that'll do for now." they answered when the elf finally stopped, "I feel as though I hit my head though, everything feels... off. I don't remember getting hurt, just a cave and a city." He shook his head to try to clear his thoughts, and slumped slightly against the wall in feigned nausea. He waved the elf back if they moved to assist.

"If you want to grab me a bowl, I'll be right over. I probably need to eat after whatever I've been through." And in the span of the elf turning away he placed his weapon behind the door, hoping the elf hadn't seen it, before walking over to the pot.

He accepted the bowl as he took a seat, but stopped just before taking a bite. "I'm sorry, your name is lost in the fog. Who are you?"

Indy (Nahla?)

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words

Indy jumped back as she heard the door swing open behind her, signaling the entrance of the shaggy-haired man with deep sea-green eyes. As he approached she jerked back, a bubble of distrust and confusion washing over her as she immediately found herself questioning her own actions. Something was suspicious about this circumstance, the details connecting yet the picture not quite clear as her mind desperately grappled with smokey memories that slid through her fingers and faded into nothing as she tried to hold onto them. Her lips were still pursed, tongue curved against the back of her teeth in the start of a word that now was a distant taste in her mouth. The significance of it, the importance of that word, encased her with a cool dread--but the exact shape of the word was lost and, as she attempted to force it into existence, an entirely different word came instead: "Augie?"

The name felt foreign and strange against her lips. A familiar melody, but the wrong lyrics. Augie. As she allowed her lips to drop into a phantom 'ah,' her mind was flooded with memories; days spent swimming together under fresh waves, basking in sandy beaches, Augie making a joke and her smiling so hard that stray bits of sand crunched between her teeth. Normalcy. Familiarity that washed over her mind and flooded out the stray traces of her dream memories, leaving only a few remnants of blurry faces and a paper stained with bloody, illegible letters behind.

"Augie..." She repeated again under her breath, the two syllables dropping with slightly more drawn confidence. Auhh-gee. Not a threat, though what he was in more exact terms, she still wasn't sure. Even as the blank spaces of her mind were filled with new memories, pieces were still clearly missing. She lived with this man. They shared a home, a stove, a friendship; but who was she to him? Who was she to this village? The details were clear, but when snapped together the broad narrative of her life depicted a blurry impressionist interpretation of vague domestic bliss.

"I'm... fine." For some reason, his mention of food made her heart drop. Perhaps she was sick from... whatever-the-hell had happened. Yet, somewhere deep in her mind, a soft tendril of warning pressed against the back of her skull; drugs!

Which, frankly, was ridiculous.

Yet, something was absolutely out of place in this image of home. A wolf was among the sheep. Staring into Augie's green eyes, admiring the way his dark curls framed his dark gaze, she grasped his arm and slowly dropped to sit on the bed. The edges of the coin pressed cooly into her opposite hand. Her fingers were still tightly wrapped around it, though she couldn't remember why.

"I'm okay, Augie." She said, patting his arm. "But who the hell is Nahla?"

coded by: @s e v e n

Leif Hjalkarssen
Tags: Chases-Death ( Out Of Words Out Of Words ), EVE ( Maeteris Maeteris Maeteris Maeteris Maeteris Maeteris )

A village. The sounds did hint at that, come to think of it. For some of the others, the sight out that window would maybe be considered something coming out of a movie, or a videogame. For Leif, however, it wasn’t so much of an unusual, strange sight. He’d seen multiple villages like that before, though that was a long, long time ago, and they’d long been replaced by larger, bustling cities for the most part. The atmosphere it gave off was peaceful, nonthreatening, and Leif would’ve let out a sigh of relief at the realization that they were no longer inside some volcano, if the circumstances of how he got to that village weren’t so unclear. But it did look better than being where he previously was, at least..

As he tried to recall his memories from said volcano, from the ‘others’, from everything that’d just (supposedly) recently happened, however, just like after waking up from a very vivid dream, the details danced just out of reach. They were still there, like something in the back of his mind, that when he tried to bring it to the main stage, to actually remember the details and ponder on it, faded like smoke.

His level of frustration rose, and he hastily looked around the room for anything he could use to make a record of what little he could still remember, to no avail - it couldn’t be just a dream, could it? It just couldn’t, not again… there was another dream, a dream within a dream? Or maybe there wasn’t. Few things stuck around, just like what usually happened with vivid dreams, although this one felt a lot more meaningful than any he’d ever had before. Perhaps it was because he couldn’t recognize where he was waking up, or really anything outside of the supposed dream whose memories continued to dwindle.

A few faces remained, a few emotions, kind of blurry and with way too many gaps to make much sense of anything. Maylee, Turid, whose faces he wasn’t sure were much more than a figment of his imagination; the blue eyed wolf and the scent of his blood that seemed to still linger in the air somehow. All too foggy and vague to be real, yet too vivid to be just a dream.

It lasted less than a minute, but it felt like a whole hour that Leif was standing there, mentally debating what could possibly be real and what was this place he’d woken up in, when the wuffle on the other side of the door caught his attention, making his head whip toward it.
The door need not open for a few memories to start making their way back into his head. Suddenly, the village wasn’t so foreign anymore - he’d been there before. And if he wasn’t hallucinating, that wuffle confirmed at least one of those faces he desperately hung on to were real, and that in itself almost instantly washed away most of that feeling of being on edge.

Eyes brightened when the door finally did open and he beheld the man entering the room, a sigh of relief finally escaping Leif’s lips. He still didn’t know a lot, in fact most of the circumstances surrounding his situation were still a mystery, but at least now he wasn’t alone. Leif had always been one to favor dealing with things on his own, and company was hardly a necessity. In fact, he’d always been quite proud of being self sufficient. However, now and then comes a situation that makes one question what they know about themselves, and that was one of them. And Leif couldn’t be more glad to lay eyes upon Chase as he entered the room, the man’s grin eliciting one of his own in some sort of mirror effect like many times before.

Not once did it cross Leif’s mind to question Chase’s loyalty, and that was saying a lot for someone who chronically distrusted most others. Not once did Leif consider the possibility of Chase being an enemy in disguise, not even when on his way toward him the man failed to stop where Leif unwittingly expected him to stop, and got a lot closer than what Leif was naturally used to.

Leif would’ve had time to back away from that kiss; as perplexed as he was, his reflexes would still have allowed for it. But at this point, he trusted Chase too much for that, and when the man’s hand slid behind his neck and he leaned in for a kiss, Leif gripped both his shoulders with perhaps a bit too much strength as muscles tensed in surprise and a look of confusion crossed his face, but he didn’t carry through with any moves of getting away and instead stood still, mind frozen, or perhaps racing, or both.

And when Chase pulled back, Leif remembered. His mind was no longer blank, but flooded with memories. Memories of the village where supernaturals and humans coexisted, of strange, unexplained attacks, of everyday life, but most importantly, memories with Chase. They weren’t clear enough to make an understandable mental timeline, but they showed that what had felt like a first kiss, had been actually another chapter in a story that had already started some time ago.

Hands finally released the pressure on Chase’s shoulders and trailed up to hold both sides of the man’s face with enough pressure to keep them from shaking - because more than remembering, Leif felt. And it was overwhelming. Blueish-grey eyes scanned every inch of Chase’s face, a bit different, though Leif’s mind barely registered, and landed on that pair of blue eyes that connected all of the past dreams. Dreams in which Leif hadn’t had the chance to look deep into those eyes, or perhaps he hadn’t allowed himself to. Either way, mind not really able to convey the turmoil within in any other way, Leif kissed Chase again.

And then, how much time had passed he couldn’t tell, he pulled slightly away, breathing ragged, and bowed his head down to bury his face against the base of Chase’s neck, taking in the warmth of his skin, the sounds of their heartbeats, breathing in his scent - the scent of his blood, but also that of his skin, of his hair, of his clothes. One hand had moved to run fingers through his hair, while the other had been placed over Chase’s own hand that pressed against Leif’s chest with a gentle squeeze.

Eventually, Leif lifted his head back up to meet Chase’s eyes as the man pressed his forehead to his. His words were still confusing, and Leif’s expression reflected that. There were still many questions to be asked, but the vampire didn’t feel the need to bombard Chase with them anymore. He was safe, he was home, and that familiar grin reassured that.

“Maybe…” Leif’s voice was raspy, as if he hadn’t spoken in a while, as he reached for Chase’s arm, grasping it lightly as he pondered, mind only then starting to properly function again, when Chase’s last words piqued his interest and he frowned, thoughts accelerating again. “Another? Who?” Eyes trailed back to Chase’s face, though Leif wasn’t nearly as agitated as before. “Sorry, I don’t…” he shook his head lightly and spoke quietly. “... remember much.”

Clementine Holt​
As Clementine passed through the threshold of the bedroom door, she rubbed her temple as if to soothe an ache she couldn’t place. Her thoughts felt muffled with distance memories she was unable to grasp. The room before her only seemed a little familiar, but the accompanied voices did not.

She racked her brain for any semblance of recognition of the situation, but was only met with vague instances of blurry emotions. However, she did recall the use of Magic’s that somehow connected to the family she previously lost. A painful feeling stabbed in her chest at the remembrance of a lost friend that could not be pin point down to a single being.

Upon remembering these memories Clementine felt disconnected from herself. A warmth spread along her palms as she squeezed her hands tight into fists. The other people in the room caught her attention as she anxiously shifted her weight from foot to foot. Cautiously approaching them, her brain could not fathom their names.

Clementine was taken back by the familiarly the woman used when speaking to her. “Ashley,” she commented in a small voice. Not wanting to cause a scene, “Ashley” accepted the slippers and the kindness the stranger offered her. She ate quietly for a few moments trying To piece together how her life got to this specific point and time. Not wanting to be rude, but needing missing pieces to quell her anxiety, “Ashley” quietly spoke up. “Um,” she stumbled. “Where am I?”

jason_momoa3.jpg
Hunts-At-Dusk
Vivian 'Roje' Britt-21 Britt-21

Dusk's expression took on a bit of a deeper concern with her words. Both hands came up to frame either side of her head and he gently turned as he leaned in close, examining her head. "You've never liked your middle name before, but.. if that's what you want.. I'd call you anything, well, almost anything." His rumbled laughter was soft, laced with worry as he stood back up and looked into her eyes. "You're sure you're okay?"

He was already leading her to the table, "I'll fix you some of the food, sit down." Dusk made sure Roje was settled and did another check of her head before kissing the top of her hair gently. "I can have the healer stop by again after the morning duties. Just to make sure everything's okay." He fetched a drinking mug made from the horn of some animal, and poured water into it from a pitcher sitting in the middle of the table.

"With head injuries, she warned there might be some memory issues." He trailed off, not wanting to voice fears of it being more serious than they thought it was. Dusk started to spoon some of the soup in the pot into a wooden bowl. Something about the sound, simple as it was, of the ladle clinking softly against the kettle with each scoop, brought back a few more memories. Of this house, she had been her for a while, with Dusk. Even before the bond had been created, there had been Dusk.

As he spoke, setting the food in front of her, and taking a seat next to Vivian, the rumble gave brief flashes of feeling it against her under the covers. "You've been excused from duties for a couple of days, so you can rest and recover fully." One of his hands rested lightly on the arm she wasn't using to hold the spoon. "When she comes by to check on you, we can ask how your sister is doing."

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

armour.jpg
Drayden
Jeannine 'Hayley' Britt-21 Britt-21

Drayden grinned wide when Jeanine took baby Shia. Almost immediately the winged toddler reached for her hair with his little hands, wings flapping with glee, much like a dog's tail. When she said she couldn't remember much, his forehead creased with worry. "You shouldn't not remember. You didn't have a head wound, I think." And then he was suddenly even more worried as she hugged him from the side.

Large hands moved to run over her head, fingers threading with her hair as he gave a physical check for something they might have missed. "Do you feel sick, light headed? What of the attack do you remember? You shouldn't be on your feet, come sit at the table." He was already ushering her into the main area and pulling a chair out for her to sit with Shia. "I'll get you some food." He moved to a kettle pot, lifting the lid and quickly spooning some into two wooden bowls.

"I can feed Shia while you eat." The living room also served as the kitchen and dining room, really it seemed to be one large all purpose room with two doors, one having led to the bedroom she woke up in. It was simply decorated, with a hand woven rug on the floor, a couple of decorative items on the walls. Next to the fireplace was the kettle of food, along with a chest on one wall, and some shelving and other items from the bowls, mugs, utensils and other items one would expect to see in any home.

As she looked around the room, other memories started to come forward. She had been living here with Drayden and baby Shia for a couple of months now. They found Shia and were picked by the child himself to raise him. He cried whenever anyone else had tried to hold him or do anything with him. Only Drayden and Jeannine had been able to still the cries and make the winged child giggle and laugh. So they were given a house with two rooms, and charged with Shia's well being and raising.

Drayden had been every the gentleman, taking the other room, with Shia alternating between them. Again, the child seemed to pick who he wanted to be with, sort of like now, how he clung to Jeannine as one bowl was set down in front of her with a spoon, and he set the other bowl on the opposite side. "Here." He reached for baby Shia, but stopped when the toddler shook his head with a bit of a cry. Drayden gave a bit of a chuckle and sat down in another chair, ready to help if need be. "You eat, and if you still don't remember, we'll see the healer." Drayden's face still betrayed his concern.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Rhevenshat.jpg
Ravens Wing
Aria 'Silver' Silver- Silver-

When she spoke, Ravens head snapped up and his gaze focused on her. "Aria!" The utensils made a soft clatter against the table as he pretty much abandoned the chore to come around the table and approach her. His eyes took on a bright sheen, and he grinned big before the concern flooded back in with a vengeance. His voice was quieter as he looked her over, one arm moving to touch her shoulder. "Are you feeling okay?"

leira04.jpg

The woman turned and gave a smile. "Good to see you are awake. I'll be dishing up food shortly. Ravens, table please." She gave them both a grin, before turning to give them some privacy, as much as could be had in an open living area. She moved to help Clementine find the slippers if the young woman needed it. Otherwise, she'd return to filling the bowls with the stew.

Ravens tucked his chin after the small chastisement, but grinned wide at Silver. "Come, sit down. You're probably famished." He made sure she had a seat before picking up the settings and continuing to set the table, all while glancing at her more than not as he talked. "Worried for a spell, when you didn't wake up right away. But there were some others who didn't either. They did have magicians in the raiding party, which didn't help our defenses."

As he spoke, more memories started to return to Silver. She could remember fighting, in both wolf and human form, beside Ravens and his father. They were defending the village, and those who lived there, humans and supernaturals alike. Only the humans were more of the mundane worker types, mostly women and children with a few men. The supernaturals kept them safe, and tried to not let the humans fight.

There were flashes of Ravens courting her, bringing her trinkets he made himself, from leather good luck charms, to dream catchers, including the one that hung on the wall over her bed. Sometimes, he'd bring a deer or a boar for the woman to cook. The woman's name was Leira, she cared for those in the house, which was a small community house for those who didn't have a home of their own. There had been more, but now, there were only four of them, herself, Leira, Ashley, and Dominque. Others had been lost to the raiders, or other circumstances.

When the imagery of her mind had finished, only a few moments had passed, but long enough for Ravens to study her closely. As if she had frozen while the memories crept in. "Aria?"

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

lokidopple01s.jpg
Loki Blackwell
Dwight 'Edwin' Thropian Thropian

The elf moved to quickly dish up a couple of wooden bowls, and fill them with the still hot stew. It had various meats and potatoes, and extra bacon had been set aside, cooking in a pan on the wood burning stove. They each got a couple of slices and a mug of water. The elf handed one bowl over to Dwight, and the rest was set on the table. He was about to sit down himself when the question about who he was came.

He tilted his head, forehead creasing. "I's Loki. Yous don't 'member? There wasn't any head wounds on ya, none the healer found. Theys did use some magic though, powerful stuff we ain't seen a'fore. Mebbe somethin' in the magic hurt your memories. The healer is supposed ta stop by and do her check in with all that were like really really hurts. We can asks her 'bout it then." He made sure Dwight had a glass and spoon, extra bacon and even a biscuit.

"Eat up. We can talks until she gets here." More little flutterings were coming forward as he looked around the area. Simple, modest, but well cared for, the living area had the usual table and chairs, fireplace, even some shelves and a storage chest. Nothing modern looking, everything hand made with wood, stone, or other materials. With the elf giving his name, it made sense, it clicked. Loki and Dwight had been given a two bedroom house. They were both scouts for the village, working together. Dwight had been assigned a mentor role for the elf, who was often very eager to please and prove himself.

Maybe a little too eager, as he had often gotten into trouble until they assigned a mentor to him. To help guide him, and show him how to focus all that energy he had into something more productive, and less troublesome. Dwight had been a good influence, and they kept the two working together. They were the best scouts the village had, even the trees thought so, as they often communicated with Dwight along with much of the native wildlife.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

newface.jpg
Augie Ward

Nahla 'Indy' Rhyme Rhyme

Augie blinked, then his eyes grew a bit wide and he moved closer. Nearly all up in her space as he tilted her face so he could peer into her eyes as if checking their response. "What do you mean? You're Nahla. Do you have a headache? Are you okay? Why don't you remember your name?" He was all flustered and obviously worried as he settled on the edge of the bed next to her.

"You're scaring me, Nahla. The healer will be coming by to check on all those who were wounded, but... if you need her now, I can go fetch her." One hand moved to cradle her jaw, keeping her face tilted toward him. And maybe it was the close contact, or the looking into his eyes as they tried to peer into hers, but some memories came fluttering back like butterflies.

She lived here with Augie, in a two bedroom home. One room was being used as a storeroom for the things they find under the water's surface. They regularly swam in the waters, both the lake and the open water bordering one side of their village lands. There were flashes of the two of them, flirting along the bottom of the water, trying to see who could find the largest starfish or seahorse. Or using nets to help gather fish for the village to cook and eat. There were a lot of memories under the water, and it felt right and absolutely natural, as natural as the coin's weight in her palm.

And then there was a gentle flutter of a kiss, lips brushed against lips. It was a memory, and yet it was also reality. Augie had leaned in to give her a quiet kiss, maybe to try and reassure himself she was okay in the midst of everything else. And it wasn't the first time they had kissed, as if the one bedroom was used for storage, that meant Augie slept in the same bed as her.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

chase09.jpg
Chases-Death
Leif KodakWolf KodakWolf

Chase wuffled in pleasant surprise when Leif wasn't content with the one kiss and went for an encore. It was enough to almost make him forget how Leif had been unconscious the last few days and take the man to bed for a few more hours. He had a bit of a flush, and the wuffle was a little deeper in sound when they parted, his head tilting slightly as the man buried his face against Chase's neck. The hand at the back of Leif's neck moved fingers in a caress before Leif stood upright again.

"Well, I hope that's a sign you're feeling much better." Wuffle wuffle. Well, until Leif admitted he didn't remember much at the moment. Blue eyes searched Leif's face with a flare of concern. "You.. did lose a lot of blood but.. Here. Drink. Just a little, I do still have some tasks to finish up." He held up the one arm in an offering. "Then you can get back in bed until the sun sets. I'll join you soon as I can."

The other question answered itself before Leif could do anything with the offer of a drink. There was the sound of the front door opening and closing. Chase wuffled a few more times, unable to stop the grin on his face. "He's awake!" He called out, and a moment later, the smaller form bounded into the room, throwing arms around Leif's waist as she hugged him tightly.

turidvamp.jpg

"Papa!" The voice was very familiar, and when she lifted her head to look up at Leif, the face couldn't be mistaken. And more memories filtered to the forefront of Leif's mind as he saw the face of a young girl, stained with a bit of blood. Turid. Unlike his other recollection, a foggy dream more and more, she had survived as a baby while he had undergone the ritual that saved his own life. However, he didn't know, he hadn't returned to his father for some time, and when he had, Turid was a young girl, but human no longer.

She had taken sick, and his father refused to lose her too. But the coven who performed the dark magic ritual on Leif, would not do the same on a child, as she would not have survived. His father found another way, a more traditional way, and had her turned to keep her in their lives. She was a vampire, much like Leif, and yet so different. Physically, she would always appear to be a young girl, but she had lived nearly as many years as Leif.

Chase had accepted her as easily as he had accepted Leif as part of his life. "Turid, you should clean up and get ready for bed." She grinned and hugged Leif soundly again, even as she nodded her head. Chase didn't move to separate them yet, hoping something in the moment would help Leif remember and ease the shifter's worry.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

leira04.jpg
Leira
"Walks-Less-Travelled-Path"

Ashley 'Clementine' AsherMasher AsherMasher

The woman in the formal looking dress had turned to greet another young woman emerging from her room on the opposite side. "Good to see you are awake. I'll be dishing up food shortly. Ravens, table please." A black haired, fur hat wearing young man had to be reminded to continue the task of setting the table with the other woman's arrival. And then Ashley returned with the slippers on, and asked where she was.

Dishing up the food into wooden bowls, one for everyone, her gaze roamed over Ashley. "You're home. You were out for a couple of days. Do you remember the attack?" She spoke quietly, and her gaze strayed more to Ashley than the other two, as the other young woman hadn't asked such yet. Maybe it was the mentioning of the attack that brought the thread of memory forward, or she was just waking up more, but little bits and pieces started to return.

There had been an attack on their village, with more magic using beings than the last time a couple months ago. They were more determined this time, it seemed. And the village suffered heavier losses because of it, but they persevered in the end. And Ashley had been on the front lines, so to speak.

Ashley was more of a ranged defender, and stood on the roof of a house. The wind and elements whipped around her, and spells had been cast her way, but the white barrier of protection held firm. The house she stood upon was one where the human children lived, humans who couldn't defend themselves, so the White Witch did it for them. She kept the house shielded while striking down attackers who grew too close with a spears of light that penetrated even the heaviest of armors.

She lived in the community house with Leira, the woman in the dress, she usually liked to wear dresses. Leira was the village healer, for humans, supernataurals, and the spirits in the area. Oh, and a werewolf. Outside the village, or among the humans, they called Leira crazy, but it was because she cared for the spirits and the spirits were everywhere. They lived in one of a few community houses, capable of hosting up to six people in the same home. No one went homeless in the village.

The threads of memory settled, as Leira was staring at Ashley with a touch of concern in her face. "Are you okay? If you'd like to sit at the table, food will be ready shortly. A hot meal always does the body good."

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Roje.png
245full-odette-annable.jpg

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Location: Home...?

Middle name? she thought to herself in confusion. How was her first name considered her middle name? Hell, she never had a middle name to begin with... Though Dusk had called her Vivian earlier. So it was abundantly clear that something was not as it seemed. But the more she tried to grasp onto the memories from her so-called "Dream", the faster they faded, feeling like nothing but the average dream that goes forgotten. Before the Vampire can lose herself within her mind, the sound of Dusk's rumble with his laugh snapped her from them, her stomach filling with butterflies at the familiar sound. "I'm sure, Dusky." he had started leading her to the table, instructing her to sit down, to which she did. Only to be rewarded with another kiss on top of her head, her heart tightening just a bit. But Roje did her best not to show discomfort and merely watched Dusk with her hazel eyes. Her ears listening to the steady sound of his heartbeat, the flowing of water going into the mug, as well as the blood rushing through his veins.

His voice spoke over those sounds, similar to that like a documentary, being informed of the warning he received about injury to her head. I need to know what the hell happened to me if that's the case. I can't remember much about anything. All I have currently bothering my mind is this bond that I have to him, my blood Sister... And how much of my family was a lie. But why, how? Are these answers I wont ever get? she asked, her hands reaching out and wrapping around the mug. Her eyes shifted down, looking at the water while her finger gently shifted against the mug. Barely did she hear the clinking of the ladle against the kettle, but the more she focused on it, the louder and clearer it came. Memories flooding into her mind that made her feel a little bit more familiar than before. The house she was currently sitting in, had been her home for a long while and Dusk himself had been in her life, even before their bond had been forged. They were always together one way or another, which had a small smile tug the corner of her lips while she stared down the water, tears slowly filling her eyes before sliding down her cheeks.

Why am I crying? I'm not even sad, what the hell? her one hand moved from the mug and quickly wiped the stray tears away before Dusk could see them. He returned with the bowl of food, placing it in front of her after she had moved her arms away. It smelled delicious and made her senses tingle and her stomach growl. Roje was definitely hungry for some food and wanted to chow down. What stopped her was Dusk, who rumbled while taking a seat next to her, causing more memories to flash in her mind, her cheeks growing slightly pink as she grasped the spoon for her soup. It almost feels like I was numb for so long that everything is pouring back onto me.. at the mention of her sister, she perked up and locked eyes with him "I need to see her." it sounded almost selfish, here was Dusk giving her food, caring for her, and overall treating her with love. Then she comes and makes statements to see her sister rather than being patient "Sorry." she bit her lip and broke her gaze by looking at the soup "You know I'm not one to be patient. I just... What happened to me? Why was I injured? Did I do something stupid?" Roje looked back at him, putting her spoon back down and turning a little more to face him.

"I know you want me to rest, eat, and just wait. But I'm stubborn. I'm not gonna let it go and you know it." being in the dark was Roje's biggest pet peeve. Lack of information always frustrated her, which was why questions were flying out of her mouth left and right. She remained quiet to allow him to speak, more questions beginning to pile up in her mind while her dreams continued to fade into the back of her mind.​

SILVER BLACKWOOD | location: the community house | tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words

Aria. The clatter caused Silver to jerk a bit in reaction, tension leaping into her body as she greeted Rheven’s excitement with more skepticism and a bit of confusion at how happy he was to see her. She remembered bits of him from what felt like recent events or more so the emotions he had once emitted. He’d radiated desperation to get out of whatever situation they’d once been in mixed with anguish; as if he’d been harmed by someone or something but she couldn’t quite pinpoint why she recalled his feelings and not the event itself.

His sudden grip on her shoulder had her snapping her eyes up to meet his, focusing on the words that left his lips. “I’m.. not sure.” She muttered slowly, the warmth his hand offered stirring up readily available memories instead of the foggy ones that wouldn’t give way to their secrets. Her mind told her to be wary of this situation but her body was now saying otherwise as she seemed to relax a bit when Leira spoke of food.

Images of several dishes ranging from stews to celebratory roasts flitted across her mind as Rhevens flashed her a large grin, reminding her of nights where they’d just sit together and exchange interactions like old friends. Leira would call them inside for food and they’d all share meals sometimes. Something told her that the fluttering around in her stomach at the thought of these new memories weren’t just happening for no reason either.

At the mention of food again, her body took the reins as she eased into a seat that nearly felt like she’d settled into it hundreds of times before then. But how? This place was so familiar and comforting but on the other hand, a voice in her mind faintly spoke of the area being foreign.

Silver pinched the bridge of her nose briefly as if to ease the buzzing in her mind and watched Rhevens set the table with a renewed eagerness that he hadn’t had before. It was when he spoke of their quarrel with the magicians that brought a squall of memories back into play that she had to lean back in her chair for.

Magicians attempting to raid the village for a reason they had yet to be advised of as her, Rhevens and an older man that she could only assume would be his father fought together against them. Many had been killed as they’d sent a force with magicians at their vanguard in order to take them down with their sweeping techniques meant to hinder their strongest.

She remembered being knocked down in an attempt to shield a few humans from the onslaught of a stray magician but what had rendered her unconscious was what her memories wouldn’t discern. Her hand leapt to her side instinctively as if checking for a wound but nothing was there from what she felt. Had she sustained wounds elsewhere instead?

The images of battle gave way to the consistent worry that had washed over her at the time instead. She’d feared for Rhevens’s safety in particular aside from the fact that she’d wanted to keep her entire party from dying, as if she were a particular part of their offensive forces, in a way. Silver stared blankly in Rheven’s general direction throughout the reveries as if in a trance while they crashed over her in waves.

Fonder, more reassuring memories of him fashioning gifts for her, imparting gentler words when others weren’t around and the obvious attention he handed her tending to change the atmosphere when they were together. At this realization, Silver moved her hand up to her mouth as she finally averted her eyes from him entirely just before he’d called what he thought was her name.

The flush of color that hit her somewhat covered face couldn’t be stopped to her own internal dismay, but nonetheless she moved to sit up a bit straighter once his unspoken question registered in her busy mind. Whatever world this was and whomever put her here—was cruel.

“You call me ‘Aria’, but my name is Silver. This raid that happened, I have memories of it but I don’t remember being in the event itself or how I woke up in a bed in the first place.” She shook her head as if not confident about anything she’d spoken of, “but you are Rhevens. I recognize you well, but something is off or at least different about you. You’re also saying there were magicians? Why would they be attacking us at all if they’re just magic-wielding humans?”

Dark eyes finally cut to meet his, full of confusion but also an unwavering coldness. “I fought as a wolf. What am I and how did I become human again?”

Hayley.png
1670cba5246c5e10c1ea5c8994765219.gif

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Location:🤔

Hayley didn't say much as Shia began to grasp her hair, seemingly playing with it as she held him. The child was happy and healthy, so that meant he was taken good care of while she was...Well... Sleeping? An idea that she still couldn't get by as images of her 'dreams' began to fade, only leaving specifics which stood high with her morals. Hazel eyes lifted as large hands had began to touch her head, going through the strands of her chocolate brown locks Did I get into a fight? she wondered. Questions shot from Sage's mouth, which only confirmed her thoughts before he ushered her to the table. Hayley took her seat that was pulled for her and began adjusting Shia, placing him on her lap rather than keeping him on her side, though she still held the child close to her. There was a connection that she could feel to him, a connection that was much like a mothers. She would do anything to keep this child alive and would raise him to be an amazing person. Regardless of his differences.

"Thank you, Drayden." the name suddenly slipped from her lips, catching her a bit off guard. Drayden? it was a name she never heard before, but it came out as if she had said it many times in the past. Instead of remaining silent, she decided to answer his own questions so he wasn't left in the dark himself. After all, from how it all seemed, he had no idea what was going on with her just as much as she didn't know what was going on now. "To answer your questions from earlier, I'm not sick or lightheaded. The attack... I don't remember anything. Which is odd considering I had no head trauma..." her words seemed to trail off as her own hand lifted to her head, finding nothing just as Drayden did moments ago. Meanwhile, her gaze began to shift over the area she was sitting in, noticing that the room was large, claiming all 3 areas as one: Living-dining-kitchen. It was homey with the rug, some decorative items along the walls, that warm fire that seemed to call to her and make her hands tingle... It seemed all perfect, everything about it. But during her time alive, she knew that things could be hidden, swept under the rug. So she remained a little guarded but not enough to show.

Memories began to fill her fogged mind, replacing what she could recall from her dreams and giving her more believable thoughts. That's right... I've lived here for a while with both of them. she began I even remember when we found Shia, he refused to let anyone hold him but Drayden and I. this tugged the corners of her lips as she looked down at the child, kissing his head and hugging him softly Drayden even sleeps in another room, while Shia chooses who he wants to be with every so often... Sometimes I'm on my own, but sometimes, I have this little one with me he began to cling to her, causing her to snap from her thoughts and look at the bowl that was placed in front of her along with a spoon while another was placed on the opposite side. Drayden went to grab Shia, but he shook his head, giving out a cry that made her heart ache for a moment "Seems he wants me for the time being. I was out for a while, so I don't blame him..." she used her one hand to reach out for the spoon, to which she grasped softly and dipped it into the soup.

Drayden urged her to eat, but she still wanted to know things. So instead of eating, she thought it would be a good idea to feed Shia, since her partner(?) wanted to feed him before. Filling the spoon a little bit, she brought it to her lips and blew on it softly, trying to cool it before reaching down and allowing Shia to take some from her spoon "My memory is coming back to me, but there are a few things that just don't add up." when she took a look at his face, she noticed he was still concerned about her. Who wouldn't be? "I'm okay, I promise. I'm just... Lost as to what happened, how I hurt my shoulder. You mentioned a fight, but I don't remember any of it." was it a possibility that she got into a magic fight? One that could mess with her mind? "Did I get into a magical fight at all? It's possible I had gotten hit with something that could mess around with my memories." she moved the spoon back into her bowl. Still allowing her gears to slowly spin, get back into the speed she was once in.​

Dwight Augen
Tags: Subordinate Scout Loki
"Right, yes, Loki. I remembered you, just not the name. Probably hazy from my nap, you know those never sat well for me on the best of terms." Dwight chuckled to himself, before finally tasting the soup. It was good, hearty. Really highlighted how long it had been since he last ate. Clearly he hadn't feasted before whatever befell him. His hunger was only hardened by the thin sip, and before he realized it, Dwight had downed the entire bowl, along with everything else he had been handed.

He patted his stomach as he leaned back slightly, feeling satiated finally. "By the old ones, how long was I out? I don't know that I've ever felt so hungry before. I feel like I'll pop from what I've eaten, yet still I'm thinking of getting seconds." He released a deep relaxed sigh.

After a moment, he returned to speaking, and questioning. "You said 'all that were hurt', right? How many? And did they all make it?" He watched the elf as he asked the questions. Dwight hated knowing others were hurt while he was on watch, he only hoped that hurt was the worst of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back