• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Coda narrowed his eyes as he glanced aside at Roje, noting the fatigue evident in her limbs splayed out on the bed. Surprising, she had said, coming from him? You're the one who doesn't know when to shut up, he thought bitterly. I was just defending myself.

He didn't speak on it, though, instead shooting a heated glare Roje's way. I liked you better when you were asleep.

A thought sprouted in his mind, and for a moment Coda turned it this way and that, wrestling with it as the frustrated heat in his eyes migrated to his cheeks. Sure, she was straight back to her irritating teasing, but it wasn't all that different from the casually smart remarks she had flung at him at their first meeting. If anything, she was almost being... friendly. Why? Shouldn't she be spitting at him and calling him a demonic freak?

Agitated, Coda scratched at his jaw, and then he got up out of his seat with a little bit of a growl, accosting one of the flight attendants to request a blood bag. Her brows shot up in silent judgment, but she hurried off and returned fast with a warm little pouch stained red. Coda could smell it, and he felt momentarily dizzy as hunger seized him again, but he shook his head to shake it off. Blood couldn't possibly satisfy him like a soul, anyway.

Gripping the bag, Coda passed by Roje's makeshift bed and tossed it at her so that it landed on her chest. Immediately thereafter, he shoved his hands into his pockets, slumped over, went back to his seat—he had to make it look casual, nothing more than a whim. He needed to stretch his legs, anyway, he thought. He certainly hadn't gotten up just to get her a blood bag.

"I was enjoying the quiet," he said dryly as he lowered himself into his seat. "Won't be getting much more of it now."

coda.

half-demon

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Morgan Feigh

Tags: Britt-21 Britt-21 Rhyme Rhyme Vinegar Bees Vinegar Bees | Location: ✈

The black kitten dug its claws into Banks' arm briefly when Winnie reached for Morgan, but after a little coercing, the thing let go and was relocated. Every little bit of the kitten was shivering, shaking. Eyes watered, but looked up when prompted to with a little touch to the chin.

"Mrow." Ears flicked forward, moving from the flattened state to an 'I'm listening' position. Yet the animal still shivered, maybe not constantly. It seemed to be subsiding bit by bit. The more Winnie talked quietly to him, the more the black kitten relaxed.

Thankfully, there wasn't any dust produced in this form. It was just fur, nothing more, nothing less. And little claws. Claws that curled around Winnie's wrist when Morgan thought the petting was finished. A little tug, and the kitten attempted to pull the hand back to its head for pets.

Though every time Roje's voice was heard, the ears flicked back and a little hiss escaped the kitten. He even tried to burrow closer to Winnie, and bury his face against her. He stayed super still when there was motion from Coda. However, this actually helped the little thing fall asleep in Winnie's arms.

coded by natasha.

Clementine Holt

Clementine opened her eyes to the lush forest around her. She felt the tension in her shoulders relax and her body begin to destress. A calming aura fell upon her as the winged girl came into view. She eagerly walked up to her and grasped the girls hand happily. For some reason, Clementine felt safe.

As she was led to the waterfall Clementine gazed at the scenery that lay before her. The greenery reminded her of her mother’s garden as Clementine willingly followed Lew.

“Lew,” she muttered. “What an interesting name. My powers aren’t much,” Clementine responded weakly. “I don’t think they’ll be of much use to help me.” She stopped and watched Lew stretch her arms overhead to reveal the dark cave. If Clementine weren’t use to shifting visions, she’d be surprised. A huff escaped her. She couldn’t even get away from it in her dreams. However, her interested was peaked by the shadowy figures standing before the beds in the vision. Before she could make out anything in particular, the scene before her returned to a tranquil waterfall.

Clementine rubbed her eyes and looked towards Lew as she spoke. Erase? Who was they? Her eyebrows knitted together in confusion. Before she could question her, Clementine was cut off by Lew’s quick action and tongue. She blushed at their closeness and looked down at their hands. The tight clasp gave her a strong sense of security that she hasn’t felt in years. As though she was accepted, magic and all.

The appearances of targets surprised her. She watched in awe as Lew hit a bullseye on the first try, but was mesmerized by the magical bolt she summoned without issue. “Wow!” She exclaimed. “I want to do something like that!” Clementine was a bit taken back by the reference to her mother, but used that feeling as fodder for her Magics. If Lew was right, maybe she could help herself out of this nightmare.

Taking the same stance as Lew, Clementine closed her eyes and cleaned her cluttered mind. She focused on the intense feelings of fear, disparity and fatigue she felt in the past. Clementine took a deep breath and held her hands towards the targets mimicking Lew’s previous performance. She focused all she had in the palm of her hand and concentrated. In what felt like a snap of a rubber band, Clementine felt a warmth spread through her palm and release in a surge of power.

Nervous and feeling a little faint, she opened her eyes expecting the worst. She was greeted with a bullseye darkened on the outer ring of the bullseye. Not a perfect hit, but a hit all the time. Pride welled in Clementine as she explained happily. “I hit it! That’s was the most magic I’ve used before!” She jumped in the air and looked at Lew in excitement. Clementine had a lot of practice ahead of her, but she began her training on a positive note.

Maddox Ward (Leif Hjalkarssen)
Tags: Everyone ( Out Of Words Out Of Words , Maeteris Maeteris , Vinegar Bees Vinegar Bees , bread-and-butterflies bread-and-butterflies , Thropian Thropian )

"That sucks..." Leif spoke with a small nod as his gaze moved down when Chase clarified what he'd said about the stages, then turning his focus to his plate of food for some time as he tried to make sense of things. Still, he couldn't come to any conclusions. Hard to, with the little information they had and knowing each other so little, but if the moon was one, the reason why it affected everyone differently was likely within each and every one. The real answers were endless and one at the same time.

Leif did feel a sting of empathy at Chase's plight, equal to what he'd felt as he'd watched the shifter stiffly walk down the hallway of the hotel two days ago. Not easy to grasp how he seemed to be always so chill (even outright happy) even before any bloodletting. Not a question he was actually going to ask, but still something to think about.

As Bug moved to hug Evelyn, the vampire let out a small laugh, raising his eyebrows as he took notice Bug was still alive and well and she was, well... at least alive, not sure about well. Way to go for someone who seemed so strict.

As he turned his attention back to Chase, he gave a smirk and a quick wink. "Yes you drink, what are you talking about?" He had nothing to do with that. "You were saying something about Evelyn's return. Whatever it was, Bug did it better than any of us could have." he added with a reiterating nod, his gaze having briefly shifted back to watch the duo with amusement.

When Levi and Maylee came out of the storage shed carrying what seemed like safer versions of jousting lances, his eyes grew wide. Definitely not what he'd expect them to bring out of there, still way more interesting than football or dodgeball. He scanned around, looking for whoever was going to play the role of supervising adult and take the lances from them, put them back in the shed and send the two away with a much safer rubber ball or something and a pat on the shoulder. Not going to lie, he'd be likely as disappointed as the two young shifters.

His eyes grew wider when Shia stepped out of the house and said what he said at the sight of the lances. He briefly shot Chase a bright glance, turning his eyes back to Shia just in time as the magician mentioned wyvern riding. Going back in time, he could never have guessed any of what'd happened in the last couple of days, that especially.

"You might need to hold my beer..." he spoke slowly, eyes moving to look at Chase, eyes that carried a mix of disbelief and, not going to deny, excitement. "unless you're in too, that is..." he raised an eyebrow.

"We building teams?" he spoke louder, looking at Maylee, Levi and Shia.

SILVER BLACKWOOD
Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Location: In the forest near her home.​

Rhevens had finally caught on to the fact that there was no escaping Silver’s perceptiveness, especially now that he was in no position to be making any sudden movements or claims unless he was willing to tell her the truth. The instinct to follow him was beginning to give way to something more exhausting as the longer she stood in the moon’s presence and soaked in its unearthly rays, the more she felt her energy draining from her. Whatever it was that had been stirred in the back of her mind from hearing that howl from earlier, was taking full advantage of her gradual weakening. She couldn’t hear the one who’s voice normally rang out to her clear as day in her head whenever she started to feel the same weakness wash over her and it was beginning to scare her. Despite her inner turmoil, Silver did her best to keep her stern expression but by now, if he really was the werewolf she’d laid eyes upon, then he’d be able to hear her fluctuating heart rate.

Her eyes narrowed in suspicion as a bit of confusion settled in. Midnight? He’d named his wolf? She thought about how appropriate the name was before shaking her head. “If you leave and other people find you, they won’t be as nice,” she admitted honestly, leaning against the tree he had gouged from earlier now in order to give him some space. “I don’t know if it’s this moon that drew you out of hiding but it’s making me tired and I have an early bus to catch, so if you don’t want my help, feel free to get shot or arrested.” Her voice dripped with honesty encased in a threat. She was approaching the situation as logically as possible while keeping her excitement and deterioration from showing. “I would help you but I’m not about exchanging dishonest words.”

After laying out her terms, Silver accidentally allowed her own grimace to slip out when she realized she would have to return to her home. She spoke of not liking swindling dialogue but knew she was returning to a family that knew practically nothing of their own child with the only way to keep herself sane while living with them was to not be entirely candid herself. “Nice meeting you, Rhevens.” Silver had murmured parting words but couldn’t bring herself to move as the pressure in her chest returned, her eyes flickering with surprise. Why now when she was with some strange kid in the woods? A wolffish growl of irritation rumbled in her chest as she forced herself to begin walking away, the noise that came from her being something she’d always been able to do as a child so she thought nothing of her own animalistic reactions to negative things.

It was obvious he didn’t want to tell her anything and that he was scared, in a way, but she had to be sure of who she was dealing with. The back of her mind told her she was just being stubborn and would help the poor kid anyway, which would probably be the case despite her colder demeanor.

Indy opened her eyes to a swell of clouds framing a blinding blue sky. Her body was dragging, limbs and eyelids heavy as she reached blindly around herself, searching for a physical anchor. Her tongue weighed to the bottom of her mouth, sinking as she desperately gasped in an attempt to speak. She gasped, shocked to feel an opportunistic wave of cold water fill her mouth and drown her in the taste of a fresh sea breeze. She turned her head aside, feeling her hair drag behind her as she came to realize she was floating in a sea that touched the horizon on all sides. Another wave rushed forward, swallowing her head as a scream gurgled from her curled lips. The water dragged her down, sinking its grip into her soaked clothing and pulling her closer to the darkness as she watched the clouds disappear behind the swirling surface of crashing waves.

Until two tanned hands cracked the veil of light and reached forward, gripping her tightly by the swelling fabric of her shirt to heave her upward. Indy struggled desperately, gasping and choking as water blinded her vision.

"Indigo, you're alright." Thin lips curved upward into the sunkissed, wrinkled cheeks of a woman with greying hair and spotted skin. It was the softened, freckled expression of a woman who had spent years turning her face to the sky and following the sun like a blossomed flower.

"Mom." Relief crashed over Indy like a light blessing, her eyes watering with tears and she fully realized the near-ethereal figure before her, her mother's white dress swirling and mixing with the white crests. Indy kicked her feet backward, surging through the water to wrap her arms around her desperately. Beth's bright teeth glittered under the sunshine as she wrapped her arms around her daughter. She rocked Indy against the water, stable as a stone while Indy still swayed with waves gripping her feet.

"Don't be scared, sweet one. It's alright. Remember what I taught you? Just kick your feet, just like we tried on the beach- kick, kick, kick, not too hard--okay?" Her hands were tracing thick paths through Indy's dark hair, pulling wet tendrils away from her cheeks.

Indy pressed her face into the warm curve of her mother's shoulder, breathing in the earthly scent of pine and the smoke of yesterday's fire. "Christ, mom, so much--"

Cold hands released Indy to cup her cheeks as her mother pulled back and smiled. Indy gasped, the current regaining its grip as she dropped back into the water, only her face remaining above the surface as her nose and mouth filled with water. Desperately, Indy tried to dig her fingers into her mother's light dress, but every time she reached for the churning fabric it dissolved into the sea.

"It's time to come home, Indigo." Her mother was smiling brightly. "Come home, Indigo."

"What?!" The water was pulling intentionally now, just barely held at bay by her mother's light touch. "I was fucking kidnapped, I can't-- I'm sorry, mom I'm so fucking sorry--"

Her mother's smile disappeared, eyes narrowing as the clouds suddenly joined together, blocking the sun and blackening the sky. The waves heightened, swelling and growing until they crashed into Indy's mother, freezing behind her back in a bulging fan of dark water crowned in a splatter of white droplets that floated independently, bubbling and popping in place.

In the sudden darkness, between the waves, Indy could only make out the shape of her mother's mouth as she spoke slowly. "Watch your language, Indigo. Even we can't pull you from the grave you have dug for yourself."

Cold fingers slipped from Indy's cheeks, immediately dropping her as her desperate scream was swallowed by the water that dropped from its frozen state down over Indy's mother, swallowing the sky and clouds into eternal darkness.

Indy woke with a gasp. Her mouth was chalky, her neck sore from lying slumped against the plane window. Someone was screaming and a quick turn showed her that kid with the dark hair was recoiling and screeching at the risen form of Roje, who looked more than a bit irritated as she cupped her bloody neck. "Christ..." Indy rubbed her own eyes, trying to ignore the sinking feeling from her dream that had followed her straight to reality. Banks was shouting, leaping from his seat in order to attempt calming the kid who was practically clawing at the walls.

The screams grew in volume and Indy smacked her head against the plane window, screwing her eyes shut as her head drummed painfully. She had empathy for the kid, really; he was as much a prisoner as she was, but goddamn did he have some fucking pipes on him.

Then silence. Indy risked opening her eyes, half expecting the kid to be zapped to hell and back. Instead, Banks stood, a small black bundle curled quietly in his arms.

A cat. A... Fae? Sure, why fucking not add Tinkerbell to the list of "things that are apparently goddamn real." But Indy could not help the swell of awe as she admired the black kitten, passed from Banks to Winnie. Sure, she knew Foster could hypothetically turn into a cat, but she had never met another feline shifter since her father and...shit, if it didn't feel particularly jarring. Then again, Banks had said 'fae,' so maybe not quite a shifter?

Regardless, Winnie seemed to have the situation handled as she carefully rocked the kitten in her arms, cooing lightly. Her smile was light and her calm joy contagious as Indy barely suppressed a small smile of her own.

Maybe this was Hell, but it was sweet to see the kid smile. Sue me.

Meanwhile, Colonel Asshole was collecting the remnants of the kid's shift like an archeologist who had just been confronted with a mildly interesting collection of prehistoric pottery. Indy sneered as she watched him retreat to his seat and look over the items, jotting down some bullshit after making some flippant remark to Banks. God knows, she wished he had bothered to look a little bit more irritated at what was apparently an unexpected event--would have made her feel better, certainly.

Then Roje was saying something, her bright eyes made considerably more eery as her expression was freckled with splatterings of blood. Despite Coda's warning, seeing her awake after the break-gore-fest made Indy grimace.

"Yeah, getting drugged three times will fuckin do that to you." Indy grumbled. Coda had a grimace of his own as he stood and grouchily asked for a blood bag from the flight attendant--so vampires do drink blood. Was starting to wonder if they drank sunshine or some shit, with how weird everything has been.

Coda tossed the bag at Roje and hurriedly fell back into the seat beside Indy. She smirked. "Well done, Romeo. Very casual."

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Rhevens Coldwater

Tags Silver- Silver- | Location: Discombobulated in Woods, FL

Rhevens' eyes grew a bit wide when Silver talked about getting shot or arrested. "Eh-heh." Neither of those options really sat well on the palate. And when it was clear she was just going to leave him there and walk away, something inside of him grew suddenly cold, as if shot with a silver arrow in the gut. "WAIT!"

One hand reached toward her in the plea, but then returned to cover himself up. "Look I... eh-heh. Okay. Fuck. FUCK! Sorry." He was feeling all sorts of discombobulated, and one hand ran through the hair on his head, only to get caught in a tangle. Which left him battling a war between his caught fingers and his hair, while trying to keep himself covered with his other hand. "GAH!"

He finally gave up on his modesty, and used his other hand to free the fingers caught in hair needing a good comb through as a result of his night's antics. "Yeah, okay, it was me." Soon as both hands were free, they restored his humble modesty. His expression showed how vexed he was having to reveal something pretty vital to a stranger aside from their first name.

"Look, I just.. need something to wear and I'll leave you be. Okay? Please?" Vexed at having to literally beg for help, but caught between a tree and nakedness, Rhevens didn't see any other choice. "Please?" His head tilted to the side and he tried to remember what 'puppy dog eyes' looked like so he could use them to a possible advantage.

coded by natasha.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Out Of Words

Surreality | Current Timeline: ???

Tags: AsherMasher AsherMasher

Lew giggled and clapped, wings fluttering with excitement for Clementine. "I knew you could! Your magic was just misunderstood!" Her hands clasped in front of her, and she did this little sway motion from side to side. "Practice here you can. An escape we can soon plan.'

She started to back up, taking several steps to give Clementine some room. "Keep in mind, use this glade to unwind. Yet do not linger for overly long, or they'll see that you're gone." Her expression was wistful, yet solemn, a sadness in her eyes.

"When the sun here starts to set, that's your clue you need to get. Go back through the door you came, and when the sun sets there do the same." Lew looked up at the sky, the sun was bright overhead, leaving her with a few hours worth of magic practice.

Lew gave one more grin and pointed to a rock where she was going to sit and watch. "When you need a rest, there I'll be. Your magic will grow stronger, you'll see." She gave Clementine a little wave of her hands to start practicing with her magic.

coded by natasha.

What had begun as a lighthearted suggestion from Levi seemed to be turning into an outright tournament. Maylee grinned, a little dazed as Shia approved the activity. So they were actually going to joust, but—wait, how did jousting even work? Suffice it to say she had never partaken in such an archaic activity. The competition was heating up, though, with Shia's offer that the winner be allowed to have a ride on his back.

Wait—a hot blush spread like wildfire over her cheeks. Oh, God, that didn't sound right—but that wasn't what he had meant; she had gone to such licentious territory on her own, and why was she even thinking of that, anyway?!

Embarrassed and hoping to hide it, Maylee clapped herself on the cheeks, feigning it as a move to get psyched up for the upcoming competition. Jesus, Maylee, get your head out of the gutter!

She recovered a bit from the mental faux pas when Leif spoke up, indirectly revealing his intention to participate through a suggestion to form teams. The smile returned to her cheeks—she wouldn't have expected the aloof, serious Leif to partake in their games, but she was glad he was.

"Yeah, teams, that could work," Maylee said, before motioning for Leif to join them. "Hey, anyone who wants to joust, come here!"

She glanced at Levi, then, viewing him as something of a ringleader in this operation since he had been the first to suggest it. "So Levi, um, how should we break up teams...? Oh, and—" She turned to Shia, who had added an air of authenticity to the proceedings by suggesting the addition of horses. "Shia, do you need any help getting the horses ready? I could give you a hand, if you want..." She tried to play it cool, but she was secretly hoping he said 'yes'—she had never been on horseback, unless one counted that pony at the county fair when she hadn't even started kindergarten yet, but she had always admired horses from afar. Strong and imposing, but gentle—it was the kind of existence Maylee aspired to, a far cry from her bristling, angry tangle of a wolf form.

maylee song.

hunter | werewolf

SILVER BLACKWOOD
Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Location: Daddy issues, FL​

In hearing the desperation laden throughout his exclamation, Silver sighed and turned around, although her body instinctively jerked away upon sensing movement within too close of a proximity to her. She watched as he fought with a matted clump of his hair while he oozed confusion and maybe some frustration with himself for revealing what was probably his biggest secret. She was surprised she coerced it so easily out of him but of course not without his mind being in debate with itself.

Silver scoffed at his begging but could only sigh softly in defeat as her shoulders slumped a bit, the light hitting her eyes to reveal a flicker of pain passing through them. She would rather he not leave as it would’ve been great to learn more about him as well as the fact that he was a werewolf, but alas, things couldn’t always go the way people wanted. “You don’t have to beg, I was intending on grabbing you something anyway,” she patted him gently on the head, a weird kind of shock running through her arm as a result but she brushed it off. It felt too familiar. It reminded her of that dog. “Stay here and talk to Midnight for a bit, I’ll try to be back soon if my parents aren’t awake.”

She glanced back at Rhevens for a moment before slipping out of the forest, breaking into a run as she neared her house. Anxiety gripped her sharply when she saw that the lights were on and she could hear muffled yelling coming from inside as she opened the back door she had left unlocked. Her mother gasped softly followed by her father stalking quickly over, his tanned face somewhat redder as he practically bared his teeth at her, a barrage of accusations leaving his lips. Why was she outside? Where had she gone? Was there some kind of boyfriend involved? We’re the gist of the angry flurry of inquiries while her mother was just happy to see her safe.

“You’re not allowed to go outside at night, especially not with that shit in the sky and kind of fucking world do you live in where you think you can just go out on your own like that?” Silver averted her eyes as she bit back a sharp-tongued reply, her unresponsiveness only making him more furious as he rapped his knuckles against her head. “Answer me when I speak to you!” He yelled, her mother putting herself between them as she tried to calm her husband.

“I wanted to go out for a walk, I was only in the backyard. I wasn’t feeling well.” Silver’s automatic response had him reaching for her, her body dodging his grappling hand as she knew he was rampant with anger. “Don’t talk back to me, be quiet when spoken to!” It was the kind of repetitive words her father would always spew and her mother and her could do nothing about. “There was a dog or cat outside, wasn’t there? You’re obsessed with them! You draw them, you treat them better than people, you’re a slave to them! You have more compassion for them than for your own kind, your own family!”

Silver could feel anger simmering in herself as she stalked away from him, hearing his words catch in his mouth as he went to race after her when she headed to her room. Her heart raced wildly when she realized he came for her, her mother only able to watch as she barricaded herself in her room, incessant banging and sneering erupting from behind the thin door. Silver could only stumble into her closet as she listened to him, covering her ears to no avail as he spewed words of her not going to school ever again, how he regretted giving her any sort of freedom whatsoever, how they did everything for her and treated her so well and this is how she repaid them by being some ‘stinking animal lover’.

She sat in her closet, pulling her knees to her chest. Any little thing she did that he disapproved of would always result in anger or disappointment and would be brought up for as long as she lived, negating anything good she did. He’d threatened to harm her numerous times—it was nothing new—but with how her nightmares ate up her ability to sleep, dry heaving and nausea not allowing her to eat all too well and living in the constant anger-mongering presence of her father alone only compacted her depression, anxiety and anger all into one big hard lump to swallow.

Blood was roaring in her ears and her anger was melting into depression, a feeling of being numb. Her father wanted answers, he said he’d wait. He’d break open the door if he wanted to. It was too much. She could never be safe here. Never have peace of mind. Silver slowly got up and flicked on the light in her closet. Something was telling her to leave. She hovered around her room, her face a deadpan expression as she focused on the task at hand even after her father had quieted down and now her mother was chiming in to coax her out. She paced a little before grabbing her backpack and removing the clothes she had on to replace them with something better suited for moving quickly outdoors. A black mock neck top with black pants and her equally dark, lightweight trench coat. It wasn’t suited for Florida but she didn’t seem to be moving of her own accord as she went about her actions impulsively.

She shoved her sweater from before into the backpack with a pair of boxers and sweatpants for Rhevens. Rhevens. Werewolf. Silver paused as the word kept echoing in her thoughts distantly, her eyes scanning her room again in disbelief. The dog, was no dog. His eyes were red. He had bitten her. That couldn’t be right. She shook her head, placing some essentials including a water bottle and a few sealed snacks she had from when she went to school. Her eyes darkened when she realized it made perfect sense. She sat down on her bed for a moment, placing her face in her hands to attempt to calm down and assess the situation logically.

A German Shepherd had bitten her when she was young and after that day, there had always been something tugging at her, a suppression brought upon by her constant need to dampen her emotions so that she wouldn’t be like her father. Angry, hypocritical, possessive, paranoid. Keeping her emotions in check, not allowing things to affect her, had also prevented the opportunity for something grander to come to fruition. The ability to feel genuine positive emotions and accept them. To believe that there was more to life than having to rot away in this house and achieve some mediocre degree without having made connections to anyone. She could relate only to those that didn’t exist. Characters made by real people to be implemented into plots. Maybe she was just a part of some big game. That everything she had known about herself was just a ruse. These thoughts were incited by her father’s aggression—the questioning of her life, her purpose. She slipped a few more clothes into the backpack before her eyes settled on a small figure perched on her desk, her hand scooping it up swiftly and placing it into her pocket.

Silver breathed deeply after swapping out her sneakers for a pair of black combat boots. Unfortunately, she didn’t have any shoes for Rhevens but everything else in her pack should be enough. Her father would be waiting at the door for sure so the only way out would be the window. The window he had sealed shut to stop her from sneaking out long ago. One would’ve thought he would seal everything else but the only good about her father was that he was a forgetful man. Slipping the backpack onto her shoulders, Silver opened up her blinds so that they no longer covered up the window before knocking her head against it lightly in frustration. She was trapped in here.

Sudden banging on the door indicated her father was done with waiting. She only realized now she had forgotten to lock the door and he hadn’t tried until now since his methods of getting things done were normally by force. She froze in the bright crimson light as the handle turned, her fathers figure beginning to slip inside and her mother’s voice crying out for him to not harm her because he was her daughter. It’s not like that had ever mattered before. Metal glinted menacingly in the light pouring from outside, Silver’s vision going blurry at the sight of it as her negative emotions hit her all at once before the feeling of falling forward took her over. What she thought was vertigo took her over at the worst time possible. The moment she submitted to it just so she could let go of all these complicated, jumbled up thoughts was enough for unknown yet familiar strength to surge through her.

Her father stopped in his tracks, his mouth ajar as he stared at the spotlight of red before him that no longer held the shape of his daughter but rather some large dog with a bright white coat. It snarled at him now, amber-gold eyes burning with distrust as muscles rippled beneath its bristled fur. It’s tail lashed challengingly just as he began whispering rapidly to himself, something about him believing that no one had been able to shift out of any of his siblings or himself. That it was a miracle. Rather than taking the risk of slipping past him, the wolf, wrought with a mixture of confusion, anger and the need to escape back to the one it recognized as a friend, threw itself against the bolted window. Thin cracks bloomed to her father’s dismay whom now lunged forward to stop her only to earn himself a gushing wound to the arm as the wolf repeated it’s thoughtless act until bloodied shards lined the floor, crimson sitting on crimson.

White fur was now marred with red, some shards having gotten stuck in its fur and piercing its skin which only drove it to break out into a pain-induced run across the yard before it tumbled into the grass. It growled loudly as it felt it was caught by something, gnawing desperately at it with blaring, wild eyes. Backpack. It paused it’s efforts for a split second at the word. Rhevens. The wolf rushed towards the forest after having freed itself and now carried the backpack at an angle in it’s bloodied mouth. Once it caught a strong whiff of the scent attached to the name from before, it lost sight of it’s mundane focus and dropped the backpack haphazardly and disappeared into the woods.

Last edited:

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Shia D'Shire

Chase had wuffled and shook his head at Leif. "No, I'd be more likely to fall off. But uh.. maybe a couple more screwdrivers? Those were really good. And I'll entertain myself until you're done." Wuffle wuffle. He finished the bloody mary, but definitely liked the screwdriver most.

Shia grinned at the bit of excitement he could feel building in the air. He moved over to where Maylee and Levi were, ruffling Levi's hair to make the teen pfft and chuff and finger comb it back in place. "Can do teams, or just sort of a bracket type of challenge? Winner from joust A goes against winner from joust B, and so on, so forth? Up to you guys. But let's get it started before the sun sets fully. Night time brings the moon, but... I can also fly around more in the darkness. Soooo yeah. Who's in?"

Levi thought he might want in, but riding a horse wasn't all that great for him. But "Oh! I'll referee!" Yeah, he could totally do that. "I'll go help get things setup out here. You two get the horses." Shia laughed at the take charge attitude Levi suddenly had.

Bug moved around the table and held up Evelyn's hand. "She'll joust!" He gave her a chitter and a kiss to the side of her temple. "You can do it!" He might even try, depending on how much fun or not fun it looked.

"This way." Shia led Maylee to the barn after Levi took the two foam joust sticks from her. There were five horses in the barn, but more outside. "These will be the best ones for it. They can usually take anyone on their back and give them a good ride." Shia showed the four who would do the job. That way they could give one pair a rest while the other pair ran the track.

"Saddles over here. Have you ever saddled a horse?"

coded by natasha.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Foster Croft

Tags: Rhyme Rhyme Vinegar Bees Vinegar Bees Britt-21 Britt-21 | Location: ✈

The screaming had definitely caused Foster to violently jerk in his seat. When he followed the path of Morgan's gaze, well he very nearly fucking lost it himself. Instead he curled into a tight ball on his seat, hands over his hears, knees to chest, face buried against his legs as much as possible.

Even when the screaming just stopped abruptly, he couldn't bring himself to look. In his head, he heard the man's head exploding all over again. The thick, moist sound, sort of like a watermelon when you wrapped too many rubber bands around the middle of it. He was never going to get that sound out of his head.

It was only when he heard Winnie practically cooing, that Foster dared a peek over his knees. He saw the black kitten, but took hearing Morgan's name in relation to the small feline for it to register. Morgan had changed forms. And was no longer in the cuffs and collar.

Oh holy shitballs.

His food forgotten, Foster just stared really hard at the seat in front of him. For like two minutes, that's all he did, until the flight attendant came by to take away his thoroughly empty tray of food. Foster moved then.

Keeping his chin tucked, he stood only to start pulling out the cushion of his seat to stretch and unfold the sleeper bed inside. The foot of it rested in the seat opposite where he had been sitting, making it a full twin sized cot. Sheets were in a pocket, and he quickly made the bed, kicked his shoes off and crawled under the blankets, facing the wall of the plane.

If Morgan shifted, maybe if Foster focused hard enough, he could too.

coded by natasha.

Maylee grinned as she followed Shia to the barn. Maybe she was getting in over her head—she had never ridden a horse before, at least not properly—but what was the harm? Her guard had been gradually lowering over the course of her time at Wright Wranch, and, while maybe it was simply the alcohol loosening her brain up a little, she found the prospect of embarrassing herself in front of the group wasn't quite the catastrophic, world-ending nightmare she would have thought a day or so earlier. If even someone as stoic and dignified as Evelyn would be participating—well, then she could be brave enough to give it a try, too.

It was funny, she thought, how something as gut-wrenching as hunting a darkling could be, in some ways, less daunting than relaxing with a group of people.

The musky scent of hay and leather polish greeted her nose as they entered the barn, and Maylee found herself awed by the horses' broad, rippling shoulders, their oak-sturdy legs, the long shafts of their noses. That time she had ridden the pony at the county fair, she had been so small she swore, in retrospect, that it had been the size of her house; these horses, of course, were more reality-based in size, but they still stood tall over her, the sweep of their backs at her eye level.

"They're beautiful," she murmured dreamily, and she found herself shyly reaching out a hand to touch one of the horses' velvety noses; its upper lip suddenly flipped up as if tugged by strings, revealing a row of goofy yellowed teeth framed by glistening pink gums. It was such an altogether silly-looking face for such a majestic-looking animal that Maylee let out a surprised spurt of laughter.

She remembered, then, that Shia was waiting for her help, and she drew quickly back from the horse, rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly. "Sorry, I—I've never saddled a horse before, but... I'm a quick learner!" She clenched a fist and held it to her chest in determination. "I mean, I learned how to squeeze someone unconscious with my thighs—I'm sure I can handle a saddle."

The strange specificity of her declaration struck her, and Maylee clapped her hands over her mouth, flustered. "I-I mean... not that I'm planning to use that skill on anyone here..." Maybe she still was a little bit terrified of embarrassing herself, after all.

( Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words )​

maylee song.

hunter | werewolf

Last edited:

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Rhevens Coldwater

Tags Silver- Silver- | Location: Nothing to See Here, FL

Rhevens kept himself occupied while Silver had gone to retrieve something for him to wear. At first, he examined the bush next to the tree, trying to determine if it was, or was not, poison ivy. However, the light of the red moon was not very helpful in a visual conclusion. So he played it safe and did not touch the leaves.

Rhevens then tried finding anything else around he could use without threat of itching in places he did not want to itch. There was a fallen tree branch but hello, splinters, so that was out. Rocks would be too heavy after a while. There really was nothing else around he could feasibly cover up with, he just had to wait. And hope.

This could be a trap. Rhevens knew it, thought it more than once, but he was in for a penny, in for a pound, or something like that. After twenty minutes had passed, Rhevens settled back down on the ground, after clearing it of twigs and other spiky things.

At the forty minute mark, Rhevens was pretty sure he had been left behind. Or worse, she was contacting all her hunter buddies laughing at how he was probably still where she left him. Spoiler, he was. "Ha ha, good one. Probably watching to see how long I'll wait."

Rhevens stood up then, holding up a fist to nothing. "Jokes on you! I'm not moving!" Arms folded in front of his chest, "I'll at least wait for morning so I can see where the hell I'm going." Not like he remained standing for long, he tired quickly and sat right back down after another five minutes. It had been a very long night.

Fifty minutes had passed when he thought he heard something. By now, he was sitting on the ground, back against the trunk, hands in his lap, legs folded in front of him. "Whatever." He refused to admit how he was the stupid one for still staying there.

Just as he had started to doze off, something came fairly crashing through the undergrowth. When it wasn't a human female named Silver, but a wolf, Rhevens did the logical thing. He screamed and scrambled to his feet. "I'm skin and bones! I'm not worth eating!"

Seriously, a very long and wrong night.

coded by natasha.

Evelyn Harper

Bug settled down a moment after. Settling down would be a generous term for the velocity of words spewing from his mouth as she regaled her with tid-bits from his past and at some point brought out handicrafts he’d fashioned for himself from gifts. Odd knick-knacks they were, totally and irrefutably worthless discounting the sentimental value they hold for Bug. She shook her head, did none of them trust him with valuables? Or did he always prefer inconspicuous gifts?

The moment was broken up by the arrival of Maylee Song and the young Mortal, Levi, short for Leviathan. Ironic given his rather small stature.

Even more curious were the lances they held in their hands, her brow perked in curiosity. Those weren’t real lances, rather, styrofoam? Or at least something akin to it. D’Shire spoke up to clarify some sort of friendly jousting event. A peculiar choice considering the amount of alternatives they were open to yet he chose a tradition dating back even before her time.

Her fingers intermingled, brought up to her chin as she spectated the exchange. The prize for the event was a ride on a wyvern. Her lips pursed. She was in no hurry to ride a beast--even a controlled one--without a clear assurance she wont be harmed during the flight. That wasn’t even taking count of the blasts of wind that’d undo her attire.

No, she wasn’t going to part--

Caerys damn you, Bug!

She cursed; cursed to the high heavens above as Bug wittingly took hold of her hand and trusted it in the air, prior to that, he’d landed a kiss! A peck upon her face as if they were--were--bondmates! Sacrilegious! This creature was a walking time-bomb. Head turned sharply to glare at Bug, but whipped back forth as quickly. A sigh inward.

No, I need to suppress. Take hold, these mortals do not trust me after the slight that I have done. A brief picture of herself strangling Bug where he stood emancipated the suppressed aggravation buried.

“As he says.” She conceded, waving the hand held by bug dismissively.

SILVER BLACKWOOD
Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Location: In the woods, FL​

The wolf that had burst from the vegetation now stood still after having dropped the backpack, panting loudly whilst staring down Rhevens. Confusion had it rubbing it’s paw against it’s muzzle, grumbling noises leaving it in frustration. Silver didn’t understand why or how she had fully shifted nor could she honestly process the fact that she had transformed into an animal in the first place. It was easy for the wolf's instincts to take her over at the moment considering she had submitted to it's reign, unknowingly allowing it to merge with her spirit. She officially cast aside her humanity for fur and fang, no longer offering Rhevens words to exchange but rather a blazing, amber-gold stare of distrust. He definitely wasn’t a foe unlike the man in that house from before which was enough to keep her from snapping her jaws at him but not enough to keep her from growling at him. Memories of their initial meeting had reminded her that she was here to give Rhevens a backpack and nudged the full pack towards him, taking a few steps back as her ears swiveled. She shuddered at the uncomfortable feeling of glass pricking into her skin, dragging her head and muzzle against the earth in an effort to remove the remaining shards. The sinews of muscle that rippled beneath her fur ached as she limped, pacing around the area nervously as the pain from being punctured was driving her instinct to seclude herself mad. She wanted to shield herself from both the moon and the man before her, but her human memories kept her tethered as a certain desire to protect him was flooding through her.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Shia D'Shire

Shia had started to answer Maylee when she added in the information on ways to squeeze someone unconscious. Heat flooded his face and he had to keep it turned toward the horse so Maylee wouldn't notice. At least his voice remained pretty steady when he did reply, "Well, that sounds like quite a story."

Shia focused on the saddling part, though they were only going to saddle four of the five in the barn. "Each of the horses here have their own custom saddle, so it's important to match it with the horse. You can find their names on the front of their stalls, and on the left side of the saddle."

He introduced Maylee to each of them. "This is Calix, Faustus, they're the boys. Faustus is probably the calmer of the two, but Calix isn't bad, very food oriented so a carrot does wonders." Calix was a beautiful chestnut brown, and Faustus was more of an inky black and grey combination.

Next were the females, three of them in the barn. The first grey and cream colored mare greeted Maylee with a friendly snort of sorts. "This is Ella. Oldest of the three mares here anyway. Then we have Maya, and Callista." Maya was a chocolate brown, Callista was pure black. "Ella will not be saddled today. She's not quite the jousting kind. She likes to run but only for a little while."

Shia laughed and started to show Maylee how to pick the saddle and place it on the horse when Leif stopped in to make sure one horse would not be saddled. Apparently there was going to be some horse riding lessons for Maylee. "No problem." He grinned, "You'll be good with Ella for that. Come on, once you saddle your first, you should have it down pat."

coded by natasha.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Rhevens Coldwater

Tags Silver- Silver- | Location: Getting it Together, FL

The backpack helped Rhevens connect the dots at last, better late than never. "Oh, uh.. Silver? Eh-heh." A moment spent retrieving the backpack and checking the contents, all while doing some careful positioning to retain his modesty, not that he had much left these days or nights.

He wound up with some spiderman boxers, the sweater he saw Silver wearing earlier, some socks and sweatpants. Better than his birthday suit, beggars can't afford to nit pick. So it was with this sense of humility he slipped on the clothing. Pretty much everything fit well enough. At five foot eight, he was a little taller than Silver, but his frame was pretty lanky. The socks didn't fit, but everything else was better than he could have asked for.

"Thanks." Rhevens felt so much better now that he had less flesh flashing in the breeze, so to speak. He was able to focus on other things, such as how the wolf had something stuck into her here and there. "Oh crap. Uh.. here, lemme help." He sank into a crouch and tried to urge the wolf to come closer with a come here hand gesture.

It was difficult to see colors other than red with the bleeding moon high in the sky, but one could see the contrast of blood against the white fur. "Eh-heh. Okay, uh.. going to pull this out..." He used the socks on his hand to avoid getting cut by the glass as well, made it a little slower, but he did get all the shards he could find.

"Eh-heh. Think that's all uh.. Are you.. okay?" Truth was, Rhevens didn't know what to do next, where to go, when to go. Traveling at night wasn't optimal in his current form, but Silver had been hurt when she wasn't before so... that could lead one down the path of thinking they might be in danger if they stayed here.

Rheven's wasn't the best decision maker, but he could put two and two together. Sometimes, he even got the right number. "Do we need to hightail it out of here? Or are we safe at the moment?" Funny, he didn't even realize he started using 'we'.

coded by natasha.

Roje.png
1596294077772.png
Interactions: Out Of Words Out Of Words Vinegar Bees Vinegar Bees Rhyme Rhyme | Location: Plane -> Coven HQ

Roje opened her one eye as she heard someone walking, only to see Soda getting up from his seat to seemingly talk to the flight attendant. I feel like he's the only one enjoying himself, along side Key and Banks. Not having to deal with blood, or cuffs or some shit. Just hang out while the others fuckin struggle and deal with worse than them. man did she and the others really draw the shitty end of the sticks. When Coda went to walk by her once again, he threw a bag into her chest, to which she caught and furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. Looking down at the bag, she huffed with a short laugh, shaking her head "Soda boy you're the best." she said aloud, complimenting him for once before taking the straw and basically downing the blood in the bag. Hell no Roje wasnt gonna sip on it like a drink on the beach. She was gonna down that bitch as if it was going out of style. The more she drank, the better her head felt, her neck beginning to feel far better than it had seconds ago and the wound closing up on her neck at a quicker rate. A replenishment of blood definitely was helping the vampire out.

After hearing Indy and Coda, she shook her head and stopped drinking just to speak "Listen, Soda. Quiet can only feel so good till you're bored out of your damn mind. Trust me." being stuck underneath the rubble of that broken facility...It was quiet, the only times things were heard is when something shifted or she made her own grunts of pain. Being underneath it all, alone, and slowly dying from a pierced lung... It was rough. Hard to kill a vampire yes, but with enough going through the body, it could only handle so much. "Getting Drugged three times? Sounds like you've had a wonderful time within one day of being with this group." she drank the rest of the bag, trying to get every drop she could before getting up and feeling much better. "Be glad you're not the only one dealing with some issues. Being a worker is starting to feel no different than a prisoner right now." her words were jabbing at Key as she spoke to indy. The vampire took off her jacket and looked at the dried blood that stuck to her skin, dried and kinda gross. Tossing her jacket on the bed, she looked at the flight attendant and gave her a smile "Be a doll and get rid of this for me. Thanks." after she took the bag, Roje began to stretch, her bones cracking from being still and lifeless for a few hours.

As much as that felt good, it almost made her want to chill out on the bed, but she was covered in blood and probably didn't look too pleasant right now. "Since we have this fancy ass plane. I dont feel like ruining it any more than I have with this bed." she glanced at it and then grabbed her jacket "So I will go and start cleaning up I guess. Nothing better to do unless someone has any other bright ideas." she wanted to make a jab at Coda as well but she pissed off Key the last time she did that. So she avoided being a smart ass for now and just made her way to where most of bathrooms on the plane were at: Toward the back. When she opened the door, she couldn't help but laugh "You're absolutely kidding me right? We get a fancy ass plane, and fancy ass bathrooms? You know, Key, you're a real royal pain in the ass but you have some good tastes." with that said, she stepped in and closed the door behind her, locking it. Her hazel eyes looked over to the birch wood, nodding in approval as it matched with the white. The shower looked like it was some kind of pod, but upon looking inside, it was definitely a shower.

Upon looking in the mirror, she seen blood splattered on the one side of her face with blood smeared everywhere on her neck and shoulder. Narrowing her eyes slightly, she then rolled them and tossed her jacket on the seat on the one side of the room and peeled off her shirt, only to expose blood that soaked into her shirt and then got onto her skin. Absolutely ridiculous. was all she could think of as she tossed it into the sink to wash it after her shower. Stripping down to nothing, she then got into the pod-like shower and just..showered. Her hands pressed flat against the wall, head down, eyes closed and just enjoying what she was given. Of course, not taking her sweet ass time to waste not only hot water but the water in general. After that, she got out, put a towel around her body and hair before going to work on her tank top that continued to ooze blood with every squeeze... Definitely a lot had gotten soaked in....At least her tank top was black. Couldn't see it.​

To her relief, Shia moved on rather quickly from her ill-chosen comment. He was proving himself to be quite an expert in taking her social faux paus in stride, and she was grateful for it.

Quickly, she turned her mind back to the task at hand. Custom saddles? Devlin really had spared no expense. An awful, morbid thought occurred to her then—what would he do with the saddles, then, when one of the horses passed away...? She shook her head, trying to scatter the thought. After the direction her life had gone over the previous few years, it was difficult to keep thoughts of death far from her mind at any moment.

As Shia introduced the horses, so to speak, Maylee smiled at them, taking note of each one's wide, blinking eyes and swishing tails. They really were impressive creatures. As she was preparing to pick up one of the saddles, Leif suddenly apparated in the barn, briefly announcing his intention to give her a few riding pointers. She couldn't help but smile at the thought of Leif as a cowboy. As a vampire, he must be quite old indeed—he had probably had plentiful time to pick up hobbies she wouldn't have expected.

"I hope your rates are affordable, Teach," she said teasingly to Leif. "Flower delivery girls aren't exactly racking in the six figures."

After that, she carefully followed Shia's instructions in tacking up Maya; first came a light brush-down with something called a curry comb, then a soft, padded little cushion beneath the saddle to absorb sweat and deter sores. Finally, she heaved the saddle itself (quite a hefty creation) up onto Maya's back, carefully adjusting its position before cinching up the girth.

Bridling the horse was a bit trickier; after Maylee slipped off the lighter piece of headgear she learned was called a halter, she had to fiddle around a little to coax the bit into Maya's mouth. Her movements were short and a little jerky, afraid as she was of knocking the mare in the teeth or otherwise hurting her, but Maya seemed to be an expert at having metal objects introduced into her mouth, and within a few minutes Maylee was fastening the straps around her nose and throat. After taking a moment to admire the horse, who looked quite dashing in her riding regalia, Maylee clapped her gently on the shoulder.

"Ready to go," she murmured fondly at the mare. "I always have to get geared up before I go out on hunts, too."

maylee song.

hunter | werewolf

SILVER BLACKWOOD
Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Location: Moving out, FL​

Silver’s ears pricked at the sound of a familiar name, shaking out her fur to relieve some stress. Silver, right. My name. Her human consciousness flooded to the forefront in time to analyze the situation she was in now. She had left her parents residence with injuries that had were kindling the instinctive flame to seclude herself, the moon was still blaring against the indigo night, Rhevens was a werewolf she had just assisted in clothing and now she stood here in the forest on four paws rather than two feet. Excitement wanted to make her tail wag but she knew this wasn’t the time for a joyous event. In acquiring this form, she still didn’t quite know how to shift back but at this rate it might be safer this way so that she wouldn’t be recognized. Her father seemed to know something about what had fueled her transformation and with that in mind there was still some form of hope that he wouldn’t contact regular officials to investigate the issue of his daughter now being missing.

She huffed when her gaze settled on Rhevens whom was now clad in some of her clothing. He thanked her but she could only respond with a grumble, she realized, forgetting that she couldn’t form actual dialogue while in this form. His crouching had her settling into a defensive stance as she growled at his gesturing, muzzle scrunched up in a twisted reflection of distrust. Her tail pressed against her hind quarters when she stumbled forward as if judged by an unseen force, her ears pinning back taut to her skull.

The fae licked her lips just before he’d covered her snout briefly with the sock, using it to safely pluck the glass from her without harming himself. Her tail had shifted between her legs as she grew rigid, looking as if she were forcing herself to remain in place while he tended to her and quickly widening the distance between them as soon as he finished. Could she still trust him now that she was technically at a disadvantage? She didn’t know the limits to this body or what it could do. Who knew if Rhevens had been a foe this entire time and she had simply been falling into his hands like prey?

She lashed her tail at his question, being ‘okay’ was the least of her worries. Her battered body would heal and eventually her muscles would cease their aching. She narrowed her eyes at his choice of wording but cautiously stepped closer to him, forcing her sinews to work and stop her from reflecting an injured gait. Her mouth closed gently over his hand as she tugged him in the direction opposite to where she had come in from. They had to leave. She knew she couldn’t place her trust in him yet but for now they just needed to create a wide berth between her home and themselves. As far away as possible. She wanted to say, sparing a glance over her shoulder at the residence in the distance. She huffed and began to walk off in the direction they needed to head towards. What was Rhevens initial plan, she wondered. How exactly had he so conveniently ended up here?

Hayley.png
999b904a70a60475ad2d50d9f971f39b.gif

Interactions: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Location: Coven HQ

Seeing the goofy smile made her sigh in relief. Thank goodness he wasn't getting worse. Though her smile returned when he said he never had a best friend. Of course he never had one, because no one was willing to be a friend with a creature that could cause massive issues. But if they just had the patience she had, then maybe, just maybe, he would have more friends than he could count. Due to that lack, he would only have Hayley it seemed and she didn't mind. When he sat down, she moved over to him and was in his line of sight a little easier. "Well, lucky for you, I would not get upset at you. Unless my head hurts." she tapped it with a pointer finger "I get bad headaches when moon is scary." talking simplistic was very... Refreshing? Made it seem like little to no effort was involved to be entirely professional. "But yes, Sage would be able to keep jobs that Sage likes." she nodded with this statement "But only if I can talk to someone and get approval." once she had charge, Sage would be happier in her care.

Or at least that she thought. After all, he seemed more comfortable with her around, even when she did choose the wrong words sometimes. Running her hand through her hair, she spoke "I heard Sage likes chocolate, would you want me to get you a bar?" she asked, hell, she'd get a candy bar for herself and they could both eat the sweet treats and talk over some plants or something like that. "When I get back we can ask each other questions, eat candy, and be best friends." she reached her hand out and placed it upon his head. Granted she couldn't pet him but it was a warm and comforting pat before dropping her hand slightly and booping his nose with a giggle "That is what we call 'Boops'. Though you have to be very gentle if you wanna do that to me one day." might as well be cute with him. Show him some innocence every now and then, right? Backing up from him, she made her way to the door "Still want that chocolate?"

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Leviathan Black

Levi took over the setting up of the area. There was a great little open spot in a field nearby where there weren't any crops, just good land to run on, if you were a horse. The foam lances were set down, one pair on either end of this field. They were already color sorted, so blue one side, red the other.

He returned to the shed post haste, and rummaged around for some more stuff they could use. Eventually he came out with what appeared to be a long party garland and some stakes. He secured one end of this garland with the stakes and spread it out as a jousting line in the middle of the field.

For safety's sake, he did also find some adjustable helmets, nothing too heavy, but would help if they accidentally took a foam lance to the head. Optional of course, as this group wasn't human and hopefully all had some type of self healing ability. Or in the very least, a faster healing than a human would possess.

Then Levi went around with a clipboard and paper, taking names of everyone who wanted to joust, and once he had all the participants, he'd be able to figure out the best way to match everyone up. He liked Shia's bracketeering idea. Winner of first match goes on to face the winner of the second match. Something along those lines would likely work.

Oh, and he needed a cheering section for sure. Levi was going all out on taking charge of getting this setup. He did enlist the help of Chase, who was still functional but soon wouldn't be based on the number of drinks the shifter had on his table. HA! Chuffing with amusement, they managed to drag a couple of benches to either side, well out of the way from any horses or the like. It'd still give them a better view of the action though.

Once Chase was sitting back down before he fell down, Leviathan moved to stand on one of the benches, putting out his best announcer voice ever. "HERE YE HERE YE! Ye old jousting days hath whence returned, and all ye are petitioned to, uh.. observe and cheer for your favorite, or join in the fray yourself!"

What? This was super fun! Chuff.

coded by natasha.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Griffin Banks

Tags: Vinegar Bees Vinegar Bees Britt-21 Britt-21 Rhyme Rhyme

Banks handed over the kitten, but not without petting it a little first. There was a bit of a wince when claws had to be gently pried off, but he didn't mind. Settling back in his seat, he glanced around, noting Key taking the collar and cuffs back to the man's seat for examination.

He started to wonder if the cuffs on any of them were really completely neutralizing their abilities. He noted Foster setting up his bed and just crawling under the covers. Out of sight, out of mind maybe. Indy was the epitome of a hissing, displeased cat, and he couldn't blame her.

Which brought a sudden, strange revelation within himself. Banks used to enjoy what could be perceived as the darker things. But in hindsight, those had pretty much deserved it, at least in his mind. The guy who beat his wife, deserved it. The creep trying to peddle drugs to kids, deserved it. But did these guys?

Banks gave a side glance to Winnie, who was curled up with the kitten and cooing to it, even. Key said she had killed her partner, but had she? Winnie had even said she had some abilities which might calm the kitten down. Weren't the collar and cuffs supposed to be suppressing those same abilities?

Just how much of it all was Key's bullshit, and how much was truth?

Banks leaned in closer to Winnie so he could whisper super quietly. "How can you tell if your abilities are working?"

coded by natasha.

As Morgan gradually relaxed in her grasp and even began to fall asleep, Winnie let her eyes drift shut and began humming a sort of lullaby. For the first time in what must have been years—how long had she been working for this coven, again?—she could feel everything within herself begin to loosen and even relax. The tender rumble of Morgan's sleepy purring was a soothing blanket that vibrated gently across her skin.

As ever, though, the respite was short-lived; Banks leaned in to address her, then, in a whisper she immediately took to be for her ears only—or, more accurately, not for Key's ears.

The peace that had settled within her scattered into a flurry of anxiety, like a snow-globe shaken violently. It had been stupid of her to forget about the suppression cuffs to begin with—Banks was right, her abilities couldn't be working, but... the fact that he had whispered it troubled her deeply. Was he doubting Key's trustworthiness? It was an understandable route to traverse, but she certainly didn't have the privilege to question Key, and she doubted Banks did, either.

An image of the limo driver's smashed-up eruption of a head flashed through her mind, and she swallowed a sharp current of acid that suddenly sprang up in her throat.

"Oh," she murmured, tentative at first, and then almost manically cheerful: "Oh, right, silly me! I've been wearing these for so long, I'd almost forgotten they were there!" A desperate giggle. "N-No, no, you're right, my abilities aren't working—"

Was that true, though? Winnie remembered locking eyes with the limo driver the second before his death, how she had experienced it as if it were her own. If her abilities were truly suppressed, wouldn't that element have been suppressed, too...?

"—it was probably just the petting. People think cats hate to be held, you know, but if you learn the right way to do it..."

She kept a smile and a chipper air omnipresent in her voice, but beneath her fumbling, saccharine demeanor, Winnie raised an alarm in her eyes, a fevered warning to the cop who had, so far, done nothing to hurt her.

Please don't try to fight them. You can't win.

( Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words )​

winnie sawyer.

psychic vampire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back