What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

    Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Sub Genres
Action, Adventure, Horror, LGTBQ, Magical, Supernatural
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Out Of Words

Words: GM Posts every Sunday
Supporter

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words




Alyce Wright

Tags: Coda Vinegar Bees Vinegar Bees | Location: Walking the Halls


When Coda returned to the Blue Room, Alyce and Wendy seemed to have struck up a friendship of a sort. They were both sitting in chairs, chatting away. Alyce looked to Coda upon his entering, and reached over to pat Wendy on one hand. "Wendy, dahling, let's chat again soon. Remember, don't let spikehead boss you around."

Another pat, and Alyce stood, moving toward Coda, tugging on the leash of the cat by her side. She didn't like to have him on her shoulder for long, wasn't good for the posture. "Let's walk." She smiled at Coda and touched his forearm lightly before moving out into the hallway.

She started to walk, a very slow, casual pace, as she headed toward that one room where they did the blood oath. "Are you feeling better?" She gave him a warm smile, "You look like you're more focused now. Was it your sister's name?"

She stopped before he could answer, hand upon his forearm again. "Oh, have you been taking your dust yet? Have you started the transitioning kit?" She seemed very interested in the answer, maybe even having a small squeeze of her fingers.

coded by natasha.
 

Britt-21

Omniverse Explorer

Roje.png

1602517479735.png
Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words Vinegar Bees Vinegar Bees Rhyme Rhyme | Location: Coda's Bedroom

Roje was happy that she was going to be taken out of the room. In fact, she was ecstatic. The farther away I get from Quinn and her sidekicks, the better. I'm sick of being dragged into these childish games. unfortunately, that dragon bitch was being rough with the cat. Seemingly to take her frustrations out on the poor guy If only I could tell her off, make her go for me. With her skills, she would win within an instant, despite my speed and my own strength. Looking at Coda, she noticed him acting differently, eyebrows furrowing in confusion. Though, it didn't take him long to compose himself and brush past to lead the way back to his room. Taking a brief glance at her sister, she went on and followed him to his room, saying practically nothing along the way. Hell, the silence alone was pretty thick and felt light a weight on the tongue. At least Indy and I would be in the same room. Makes it easier for us to share what we've learned in the time we've been here. As soon as the group made it to the room, Coda opened the door and went in, Roje following along and pulling her jacket off.

Jumping a bit at the sudden loud noise, she looked toward the source, seeing the demon in front of the cage with the door shut. So, that's where the sound came from. At least none of us are going in there. she thought, tossing her jacket on the bed. Only to catch her gaze meeting Codas. He stared, and so did she. If only there was a way to read his mind. Roje would do it in a heartbeat. A short-lived moment as he decided to head out once again. The Vampire wasn't going to stop him, but she did say something only loud enough for him to hear and maybe even Indy "Coda, please take care of Maylee when you find her...I want to see her again..." she murmured, watching him leave with Key. Leaving both the sisters in the room as the door closed back up. Tilting her head slightly to listen out, she heard the pair walking away from the room. Once clear, she turned toward Indy and took a deep breath "Hey." she said with a nervous laugh, letting out the breath she took in and putting her hands into her jean pockets.

"So would you like to go first on this hellhole or am I?" she asked "Because quite frankly, I've had more than enough of this place and want to get the fuck out."
 
Maddox Ward (Leif Hjalkarssen)
Location: Pixieland
Tags: Chase, Bug, Foster, Rhevens, Lew ( Out Of Words Out Of Words ), Evelyn ( Maeteris Maeteris ), Bear ( Thropian Thropian ), Silver ( Silver- Silver- ), Clementine ( AsherMasher AsherMasher )


Now that was better. Perhaps because more than just a ‘blood doll’, which by itself already meant a lot in these circumstances when hunting wasn’t the best option, Chase had become sort of an anchor: a familiar, friendly face in a reality that kept changing in the most unlikely of ways, sweeping control off his hands in a way Leif hadn’t experienced before. So that was why when he was met with Chase’s now well known grin, he returned it with a small smile of his own and a brief nod.

And before too long, reality changed again. The light orb that came into view looked too much like a tiny sun for Leif to dare try to touch it, so he observed as it zipped around and… giggled, apparently, before shifting into some sort of rhyme speaking fairy that seemed friendly enough, if not a bit too much. Besides her name, she mentioned Sage, which was a good sign, and a Dusk, another potential ally, and he filed the new information.

A few more rhymes from the fairy (wait, ‘wee little bairns’?`) and the surroundings changed: they now sat in a glade worthy of a fairytale, with what seemed like fairy houses perhaps intended to replace the cots. Leif was quick to get on his feet at the sudden change of scenery, scouring the surroundings before he let his body slowly relax again at no sight of immediate threat. Jumpy again, sure, but it’d been that jumpiness that’d granted him such a long life. In the old days, mostly, he’d been hunted just as much as he’d been on the hunt.

The soft breeze, the smell of earth and grass and the sounds of the waterfall were a relief to his senses, blowing away the excessive information coming from those present, but he didn’t fail to notice a new presence in the room, a girl Lew identified as Clementine. A magician, he could tell, probably another one of the others Sage mentioned were helping him, although she did seem a bit too young, like the fairy, but the fairy was a fairy so she wasn’t necessarily as young as she seemed.

With a small nod at Lew and Clementine, Leif slowly sat back on the grass near Chase, throwing a glance at the others to try to gauge their reactions. Bug had fallen on his ass and was now too distracted with some patch of flowers, and Chase seemed to have approved of the change of scenery, although perhaps, just like him, he was questioning its authenticity. As for himself, Leif wasn’t sure yet whether he preferred the ugly truth of the rock room or the pleasant lie of the fairytale glade. Usually, he’d choose the truth, but for now, the relief was welcome.

There was something else lingering in the back of his mind though, after Lew had spoken a few specific words, something he hadn’t initially been able to focus on, but that he now seemed to fully process, and the word escaped his lips before he could give it second thought.

“Tilly?” he threw Lew a cautious glance with a confused frown, and almost immediately regretted saying it out loud. Too late. He shot the others another quick glance, hoping someone else had picked up on that and he wasn’t losing his mind.
 
Last edited:

Vinegar Bees

flowers & teeth.


Take care of Maylee.

A bitter, twisted grin—more of a grimace, really—crawled onto his lips as he made his way down the hall and back to Alyce. They were close, it seemed—Maylee and Roje—but not close enough, apparently, for Maylee to share the sordid tale of her murdering beast of a brother. If Roje had known, there was no way she would have entrusted Maylee's safety to a creature like him.

Take care of her.

That was what he had sworn to do, all those years ago, wasn't it? From the moment he had shoved that shithead kid from the monkey bars, he had decided: he would be his sister's shield, and if anyone hurt her, he would avenge her sevenfold. Now, thinking of that apparition of Malik that had taunted him from outside the bathroom, he knew its words to be true: no one had ever hurt her as much as Coda himself, and so he must pay a debt that could never be forgiven.

A shield—what a joke. Sharp teeth and claws were for offense, not defense, and he was little more than a bristling mass of spitting teeth and flashing claws. His ambitions to protect her had been doomed from the start, and if Roje somehow thought him capable of it—

You'd think she'd have figured it out by now. Letting people down is my greatest skill.

If he were to find Maylee—what would he do? What could he do? He knew what he wanted—to get her as far away from this sinister place as possible, as far away from him as possible, knowing that she would be far safer anywhere else. But it wasn't that simple—his desires never were. No, even as he thought of her safety, Coda felt the violence stirring in his heart, the same violence that had enveloped him in an intoxicating trance when he had, years ago, crept up on her as they played hide-and-seek, thinking of how easily his hands could crush her windpipe—

When Key had asked what he would do if he were to meet Maylee again, he had answered that, he supposed, only one of them would make it out alive. Which one of them, truly, did he want it to be?

Before he could figure it out, he had arrived back at the room where he had left Alyce, and his charge cheerfully parted with Wendy (God, what was wrong with that girl's head that made her want to marry Key?) and then invited him to walk with her. He silently obliged, noting how much more at ease she seemed than when he had left her. She even smiled as she inquired about his condition—he tensed, but without missing a beat, Alyce shifted to the topic of the dust kit she had given him.

Right—more dust, more power.

He fished one of the little vials out of his pocket, turning it over in his fingers and examining the lightly-shimmering substance within. What was it, exactly, that gave it such power? Could the dust somehow grant him powers equal in ferocity to Alyce's?

And if so—would it count? Power that he had received through augmentation, not through his own sweat and toil—could it truly be called his?

"I took the first dose," he said, replacing the vial of dust in his pocket, "and I'll continue tomorrow. I don't plan on missing any doses."

Coda drew out a breath, his brows knitting together into a scowl before he addressed Alyce's other concern.

"I... wasn't expecting to hear her name. But the person she called her brother is gone. He won't be interfering with my duties."

That boy had been buried with the two men he had never quite been able to call parents.


( Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words )

coda.

half-demon

 

Maeteris

Conservative Capitalist
Evelyn Harper



It was a one minute shut eye.

One damnable minute.

One second she was inside a cold and cramped room, the next...

Out in the open air, a soft breeze caressing her exposed skin, she couldn't resist the temptation for a sharp intake of air. Their group had gotten bigger it seemed, with a few recognizable faces. None--except for Bug--had the privilege of standing a foot in her personal space. She doubted she could stop any of them if she wanted to if she was honest. All of them looked formidable in their own right, whereas she needed a bladed weapon to close the jarring strength gap.

She got up on her feet, silently relishing the cold crisp air. The white wolf was quiet, nothing like the beasts they kept at Harper Manor. She much preferred this one.

"Bug, I think you should leave the fauna be."
She cautioned the shifter.




location: ??? • tags • mood • Outfit: Clothes• interactions
 

Out Of Words

Words: GM Posts every Sunday
Supporter

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words




Wendy Sawyer

Tags: Vinegar Bees Vinegar Bees | Location: Winnie's Room


Wendy didn't return to her room, or her duties even, once Alyce left. She didn't linger in the room either, but headed with a purpose in her stride to the room she knew to be assigned to her sister, Winifred. It wasn't a long walk, but she lingered outside, debating the next several moments. Eventually though, she did press her ring to the wall, opening the door.

Banks was instantly at attention, and moving to make sure he stood between Wendy and Winnie with a bit of a guttural warning growl. Winnie didn't move past entering far enough to let the door close behind her. Fingers toyed with the black lace along her dress as with a tilt of her head, she eyed Banks, but spoke to Winnie.

"Hello sister. So this.. is what exactly? A pet? A guard dog?" Her head moved to tilt the other way, gesturing toward a chair at the nearby table. "Be a good doggy, hm? I'm going to go sit down and visit with my dear, big sister." Banks didn't make another growl, but continued to keep himself carefully positioned between the two no matter where Wendy moved. Banks also made sure he was always facing the new person in the room.

Wendy ran her hands down her backside, sweeping the dress carefully before she sat down and crossed her legs. "Well, sis..." Her hands folded in her lap, shoulders back, her gaze finally swept past the guard dog to Winnie herself. "How have you been?"

coded by natasha.
 

Out Of Words

Words: GM Posts every Sunday
Supporter

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words




Sage

Tags Britt-21 Britt-21 Location: Gardens


Sage's ears twirled slowly as Hayley spoke, with the occasional guilty like glance down to where his hands were fidgeting with one another. One hoof started to scuff along the ground, and his tail swished slowly behind him. "Uh..."

There was a scrunching of his facial expression, eyes darting briefly up to Hayley, then the door, and finally settled on Rune. "Sage.. may.. have... donethesamethingwithafewothers." The last was a mumble, barely audible, and he didn't let it linger long in case she didn't catch it the first time. He didn't want to say much more.

"Sage can watch. Uh.. may not always be.. in gardens though. Sage can seal door, and let little thing swim in garden pond if Sage have to leave. Then no one can get in. Rock only talk to Sage." Yeah, that was the path to go. He wasn't completely certain who was on his side, versus their side, but sometimes risks needed to be taken.

Sage had taken a lot of those lately, but people were depending on him. Sage had to be strong like bull. "When you need Sage to watch?" He had a lot going on right then and there, but Sage would figure something out, he was sure of it. Winging it so far wasn't going terribly bad yet.

coded by natasha.
 
Last edited:

Rhyme

Authentic Garbage
Indy
Tags: Britt-21 Britt-21

The core of Indy's being was being pulled apart, spiderweb strands teased into a web that spread across the room as her attention was magnatized from Coda to Alyce, from Alyce to the hypnotic song still ringing in her ears, from the song to Roje--whose firery eyes were dampened by the heavy tension in the room. She didn't speak then, through Alyce's interrogation. If she opened her mouth, allowed the tangle of words weaving knots between each thought to escape past her lips, the fragile strands that connected her focus to the ground would snap and leave her increasingly lost.

And dammit, she did not want to be locked up again.

So for the length of the conversation, she behaved. She nodded her head, sat as a quiet drone and watched Coda be dressed-down by the same weapon she had used upon him that same morning he had nearly ripped out her throat next to the breakfast buffet; Maylee. Indy fucking behaved when Alyce forced Roje to pass over the National Geographic-sized cat that had been riding her shoulders. Moreover, even in that one moment--the singular moment her focus snapped as Roje's "use" was called into question--Indy had used her absolute honeysuckle-sweet customer service tone with 'Miss mother-fucking two-bit brittle-bitch Alyce.'

And what did she earn? What was her reward for playing by the rules this one, single, goddamn time?

Coda's "help." At least, that's what she believed he'd been trying to communicate with that pinched glare, his moody eyes seeking out hers as he begged Alyce's pardon to allow Indy and Roje to stay together. 'You're welcome,' said the curves of his brow. Indy hoped her own narrowed eyes made her reply clear; 'Fuck you, you skinny two-faced fuck.'

Yet this was the game, so she smiled as Alyce announced the terms for her newest prison sentence--holding her tongue as she threatened to bite back with reminders of promised power. She knew she needed to be with her sister, she knew she needed to protect her as best as she could while the lap dog was off playing with his newest manicured master, yet she had just signed her life away to get some kind of leeway to be utilized--and now it was bunk, tossed away with the flick of a hand and promise of sisters united in the same cell. To think, Coda had the absolute audacity to look morose as his eyes flicked from Indy to Roje.

She was the last to follow as they departed the room, her shoulders taught with the burning temptation to look over her shoulder, launch herself at the case that held the whispering coin that beckoned her back. Feet dragged forward, eyes locking onto each doorway as she made her mental count. Though she refused to fully formulate the thought, her intentions were deeply clear; she would return.

As Coda opened the door to his five-star Flinstones lodgings and strut across the room to slam the cage door--because of fucking course there was a fucking cage--shut, Indy felt a bursting guffaw blast past her lips. Oh, yes, no one goes in the cell, god forbid. But please, don't forget to lock the door on the way out. Yet Coda had no words for them--or, rather, for Roje, as his eyes increasingly sought out hers in a way that made Indy's stomach twist. He only stared silenty before leading the very immasculated Key back out the room, shutting Roje and Indy back into the silence.

Roje was quiet, her demeanor muted and soft. For a moment, Indy could feel liquid fear spread across her skin as she wondered what had happened to cause Roje to suddenly act so demure, but as the sounds of footsteps faded into silence Indy felt her chest expand with barely suppressed fury and emotion that she had tied up and knotted down as an anchor in her gut. As Roje spoke, Indy was already halfway across the room where there was a wooden table with a bottle of unopened wine. Carefully, she grabbed the bottle and set it on the ground before lifting the tabe, feeling its weight press down with delicious burning pressure on her straining arms. With a turn on her heel, Indy took three quick lunges toward the door, winding back before smashing the wooden table downward against the door. The flat top snapped, the bands of wood snapping as Indy repeated the motion with a crackling screech.

"Goddamnit!" She could feel the splinters pressing into her fingers as she brought it down against the door again and again. Her breath came out in hot gusts, her hair sticking to the thin blanket of sweat that had already covered her brow. Suddenly, her fury was exhausted as quickly as it blossomed and Indy dropped the cracked table, pressing one raw palm to her forehead as she slowly crossed the room back to the wine bottle.

"Hey." Indy slumped to the floor, breaking the wine bottle's seal with her nails and digging one feline nail into the cork. "Sorry about that." The wine cork came free with a loud pop. "Getting a little tired of locked doors." She leaned back, taking a large swig of the wine and glancing at the label. Hopefully, it was expensive; then, she could pour the rest down the fancy hot tub later.
 

AsherMasher

New Member
Clementine suddenly felt her stomach drop. For a brief second, it felt as though her feet lost contact with the wooden floor below her. A quick gasp was torn from her as the environment around her changed in the blink of an eye. A bit disoriented, Clementine rubbed at her eyes frantically to try and adjust. Opening her eyes slowly revealed a familiar landscape that quelled the feeling of fear after the transportation. Clementine was getting sick or not being able to tell dreams from reality anymore.

She let out a huff and took in the amazingly colored flowers. However, the presence of the others within the field was definitely jarring. She froze and quickly looked between each new person nervously. “Um...Hello,” she muttered quietly. Lew’s hug caught Clementine off guard. The smile on her face couldn’t be controlled as Her arms wrapped around around Lew enthusiastically. She shifted her body behind her friend to create some kind of distance between the new strangers.

“Yup that’s me.” She shifted nervously. “I’m Clementine.” The energy levels between the people threw her off, but if Lew trusted them enough to be here then they couldn’t be all bad. Right? Clementine definitely did have some bad stranger danger relations in the past, but she trusted Lew more than anyone. She nervously played with the frayed ends of the sweatshirt sleeves and stepped out behind Lew.
“A friend of Lew is an...acquaintance of mine I suppose.” She acknowledged Leif and nodded back, casting a shy smile toward him in return. “It’s nice to meet everyone.”
 

Out Of Words

Words: GM Posts every Sunday
Supporter

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words




BUG



Bug heard Evelyn's words, but it was so very hard to tear his gaze away from the shiny things. "But it's like so shiny, it's calling to me and everything and it's pretty pretty pretty. Yup, yup, yup!" He let out a bit of a caw then, closing his eyes, and pressing both hands over them in an attempt to stop focusing on the flower of shiny power.

"No touchy, no touchy, NO TOUCHY! QUICK! Point me away from anything shiny! Or pretty! Or.. blindfold me. That might be best." After seeing nothing really but stone and rock for who knows how long, this outdoor of magical magnificence was just too much for him to handle.

"Where are we anyway? What happened? Not complaining, just saying.." He peeked once through his fingers, then closed it again when he started to see the sparkles of a nearby pink tree.

Lew was the one who answered, from where she stood with Clementine holding one hand. "We're in a magical space, my magic made this place. It's safe and secure, they won't find us here for sure." She gave a little squeak, and with her free hand snapped her fingers. "Nearly forgot one! And with Dusk, I'm done!"

Dusk appeared suddenly in the glade, and he stopped short looking around with a bit of a frown. When he started spying all the faces, he rumbled low, whirling to seek out Lew. "Lew! What did you do?"

Lew tucked her chin, but with a grin. "I've given us a bit of a breather, that rock mountain was no picnic either. It's okay I can have us come and go, you just have to let me know." But the answer didn't seem to appease Dusk. He stared and folded his arms in front of his chest, and waited. And waited. And glared. Until Lew admitted. "Maybe I used a little of the dust, but fight fire with fire, sometimes we must!"

"You don't know what all that dust will do!" He ran a hand over his face before turning around to see everyone gathered. "What's done is done. Well, we're shaping up to be a nice little group. Hell. I have to explain things again, don't I? Dammit, Lew."

Lew giggled, "First some food and drink, then you can make everyone think." A wave of her free hand, and there was a buffet table piled with all sorts of food, enough to whet anyone's appetite. As if she took everyone's favorite dish, and made it reality.

coded by natasha.
 

Out Of Words

Words: GM Posts every Sunday
Supporter

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words




Rhevens Coldwater



Rhevens had been adapting fairly well, mostly by withdrawing for the most part, with the pet to Silver now and then. And at first, the new glade like area just seemed like more water off the duck's back. Well, until Dusk made an appearance, then things kinda went to heck and back again.

Rhevens' eyes grew wide a moment, his mouth opened as if to say something. All that came out a second later was a bit of an abrupt, somewhat cut off scream. His body bent forward, until he was on his hands and knees, digging into the grass with fingers that began to shift and change, along with the rest of him.

Dusk seemed to recognize this and moved over, shooing everyone else away with arm and hand motions. His words were meant for Rhevens, "Woah there. Easy. Easy. Don't fight it." He sank into a crouch, staying out of arm's reach, and making sure everyone else did so as well. "Just go with it. I can help. Who you got, huh? Which one are you? S'alright. S'okay. Come on out and we'll meet."

While Rhevens changed, Dusk did try to give a quick explanation to the others. "It's okay, just stay back please. He's a skinwalker, like I am. I think his pelt wants to say hi." This was all said matter of fact like while Rhevens morphed into a black werewolf. There was a lot of growling and ears twitching to listen to everyone, but focus was definitely on Dusk, who greeted the black creature. "Hey. So, I'm Dusk. And you?"

The tone was guttural, filled with a growl, but it talked. "Midnight."

"Well.. I'm guessing it's a recent melding?" Dusk slowly stood up, not wanting to alarm the other skinwalker, but needing to assert himself as more in charge than Midnight was. "I sense there's a bit of resistance in the human?"

Midnight snorted and sneered a bit. "Recent, doesn't understand. Needs help before I just kill him and find another."

Dusk snorted back, squaring his shoulders a bit. "Yeah, let's not have that happen. I'll work with him. Good to meet you, Midnight. Was there more? If not, I'll start explaining things to the human soon as you let him back out." He folded his arms in front of his chest, one eyebrow lifting.

Midnight just snorted and glanced over to Silver before giving Dusk a nod. The werewolf started changing, as Dusk gestured for Lew. "Lew.. a blanket please." The fairy handed one to Dusk just moments before there was the flash of bare skin as the 'human' returned. The blanket was draped over Rhevens as Dusk crouched again.

"Yeah, I think we need to have a talk about a few things. When you're ready, we'll use one of the houses here." Dusk picked the closest and gestured to it. "I'll give you a few to recover. I remember how draining it can be." He gave the young man a pat to a shoulder.

Dusk stood up then and turned to look at the others. "Okay, so.. quick run down. Coven is destroying the moon. Which will in return, destroy earth. Now, we can either get you out of the mountain and you can hope we stop the coven, or you can stay and fight with us. Strength in numbers and all that. So.. questions?" He gave a bit of a husky laugh, what a day.

coded by natasha.
 

Britt-21

Omniverse Explorer

Hayley.png
1603155806043.png
Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Location: The Garden

Hayley noticed his guilty glancing down. Her eyes had followed down to his hands where he fiddled with them Is he afraid of me? she thought to herself as she continued to study his reactions. The noise that left his mouth only made her get even more curious at his reactions. Something has to be bothering him. I've never seen him act this way before. His eyes glanced at her, then behind her, and landed on her small companion: Rune. Listening to Sage, she wasnt sure what in the world he had said because he mumbled it. Furrowing her eyebrows in confusion, she stared at him, processing what was said. All I heard was that he may have... done others? What... Sage was expecting an answer from her, so she took a breath and tried to calm down some, shaking her head slightly and locking eyes with him to the best of her ability "Sage, Rune is really important to me. No one can hurt him or take him, you understand?" her tone was soft, serious, but soft.

"I need you to watch him when I'm gone for my dinner meeting with... Alyce." saying the name aloud caused her to hesitate just a bit "If Rune here is a shifter, I'm willing to bet that the animal she has, is also a shifter." hazel eyes lowered as she thought about the cat. He was so kind, gentle, and obviously stressed with Alyce whenever she looked at -or called- him. "I need to also look for those names I saw on those gravestones... Devlin, Bug, and Shia. Rune is already in my arms, so he doesn't count." kissing his head, she leaned down and allowed him to relax on the ground for a little while "This may be a long shot, Sage...But do you know a Devlin, Bug, and Shia? If you don't, then I'm going to have to start looking through archives..." that was risky in itself too. "Which means if I don't visit you for a while, then something happened to me, okay?" she placed her hand upon his shoulder.

"I may be a strong individual, but I can do only so much. I... May need to call for reinforcements. But she'll have to wait till I get a better grasp on what's going on here."
she glanced at Rune for a moment "I also need to figure out how to get these collars off. Once I get that, then things should run smoothly." Hayley bit her lip and continued as she slowly drew her gaze back to the Minotaur "I'm trusting you, Sage...Please don't let me down."
 

Thropian

Am real hu-man
Bear in a man suit
Location: A sunless garden
Tags: AsherMasher AsherMasher KodakWolf KodakWolf Maeteris Maeteris Silver- Silver-
Both Edwin and the Bear nodded at the white wolf's words. Eater-of-bugs said Levi was trapped in animal form as well. Perhaps they did the same to you.

Bear's comment was interrupted before it started by the sudden flurry of action around them. A fairy glade, Bug pestering the flora, Clementine and Dusk appearing, Rhevens (or rather Midnight) making a sudden and loud appearance. It was quite a bit to take in. This made Dusk's explanation that much easier to take in quietly.

"Why?" Was Bear's first question. "Why us, why destroy the moon, and why would that destroy the earth?"

Edwin, on the other side, barely registered the fairy glade or Bug, but the black wolf wrapping itself violently around Rhevens caught his attention. The wolf was flat, as though it had been drawn on paper, but once it wrapped around the man it puffed out, forming into a full physical shape. Dusk spoke with the wolf for a moment, and the beast tore itself apart, peeling apart back into the thin cape draped over Rhevens. The spirits had a much more visceral means of shifting into the physical world than Edwin had expected, and he worried about how many times he had taking the bears form. How much had he hurt Bear in his ignorance?

I'm sorry. He said, though unsure to if he was speaking to the wolf or the bear.
 

Out Of Words

Words: GM Posts every Sunday
Supporter

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words




Sage

Tags Britt-21 Britt-21 Location: Gardens


Sage shifted his weight a good bit, and one hand moved to rub at the stub of a horn on the side of his head. "Cat is. Shifter. All animals here are. Sage know. Sage know other names, too. Sage...." Wears drooped and he actually took a step backward, putting space between him and Hayley. "They trust Sage. Think Sage too dumb to know what go on."

He shook his head. "Sage know. Know more than they know Sage know." Sage gestured to the collar around Rune's neck. "Sage can remove. Sage.. Sage have small group. Saved. Woke up from sleeping room. Hid, safe. Not.. all. Some.. Sage cannot reach."

Ears alternated between drooping and twirling, but he made sure to keep space between him and Hayley. In case this was a trap. "Devlin. Shia. Sage not sure can save. Bug okay. More okay. Rune be okay, too. If you say truth, and not trap."

Sage suddenly stood tall, shoulders squared, chest puffed, he flexed as much as he could. There was a low growl of a rumble in his tone as he declared, "If trap. Sage no tell where are. They safe. Sage save."

coded by natasha.
 
Maddox Ward (Leif Hjalkarssen)
Location: Pixieland
Tags: Chase, Bug, Foster, Rhevens, Lew, Dusk ( Out Of Words Out Of Words ), Evelyn ( Maeteris Maeteris ), Bear ( Thropian Thropian ), Silver ( Silver- Silver- ), Clementine ( AsherMasher AsherMasher )

Honestly, Bug’s yelling would likely prove itself more dangerous than the ‘fauna’ Evelyn mentioned when she cautioned him about touching it. The glade made it seem like they were far away from wherever they’d just been, though Leif doubted that.

Bug then voiced what probably were everyone’s questions at the time, and seemed to thankfully keep himself in check again without the need for any intervention. When Lew answered, Leif couldn’t say he wasn’t expecting to hear that the place, wherever it was, was magical, though he was glad to know they were supposedly safe there.

There wasn’t much time to think, as Lew was quick to teleport another person into the glade, another werewolf, as Leif was quick to notice. So that was the Dusk she’d mentioned, and even though he and Lew didn’t seem to be 100% aligned with their plan, as was suggested by their ensuing conversation, it was still good to see another one of those responsible for their ‘plan’, whatever that was going to be. Made it seem more concrete, more real, less like a barely orchestrated thought or idea.

Lew hadn’t shown any reactions to the name ‘Tilly’, and Leif’s mind was about to let the thought go when the fairy poofed a buffet table into existence right in front of them. The whole ‘feast before an important explanation’ thing was awkwardly familiar, didn’t sit right. He stood up again, shooting Lew a suspicious glance before turning his attention to the table as he planned to fetch something for Chase, and a coke (no more alcohol, thanks), but stopped before he could give so much as a step as one of the werewolves, Rhevens it was, screamed and fell to his knees, immediately catching the vampire's attention.

The display left no room for doubt as to what was happening, at least not for Leif. He watched as the familiar shape of a monstrous wolfman took Rheven’s place, muscles tense in case the thing went berserk. It didn’t though, and it seemed the beast just wanted to say hi as Dusk suggested, something the vampire would gladly have passed. Of all types of werewolves, those were the ones he avoided the most - they could be preyed upon, of course, but it was a lot less inviting than the comparatively defenseless and non violent animal shifters.

As quickly as the scene started, it was over, and Rhevens was back where the creature had just briefly been. Leif wouldn’t deny having felt a bit of empathy towards the man, as his relationship to the beast was, at the very least, conflictuous, and the vampire knew very well how difficult a first turning/melding/whatever one wants to call it could be. Especially non smooth were those that involved darker forces, bound spirits, and the sort.

Dusk proceeded to give them the explanation he’d initially give them after the food, and it couldn’t come too soon. However, they’d need more than a ‘quick run down’, as Dusk should’ve predicted. While the skinwalker had presumably been awake in the last months, most of them hadn’t, for fuck's sake.

Leif nevertheless took a moment to process the information, especially what regarded making a choice, so the bear was quicker to pose questions, all of which Leif would’ve asked himself if the bear hadn’t.

“What are we up against?” He added. While the ‘whys’ were certainly important, any decision would be mostly based on more practical facts, and what the actual plan was. They’d mentioned dust, and that in itself was a hint that it wouldn’t be simple. But while dust was powerful, it also had a thousand uses, so Dusk would need to elaborate more on that ‘quick run down’ before he went on to have ‘the talk’ with Rhevens, or rather, Leif would be thankful if he did, though he’d no idea what to expect anymore.
 

Out Of Words

Words: GM Posts every Sunday
Supporter

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words




Dusk



Dusk couldn't help but give a small smile at the questions, they were smart ones. "They've discovered there's energy in magical creatures. Shifters seem to possess a larger amount, as it takes a lot to change forms. So they've filled their pantries with shifters so to speak. But anyone caught up in their path who had an ounce of energy were snatched up as well. As for the moon, you just have to look to the different tales and stories about the moon to know it's full of magical energy as well."

Dusk did a quick visual check on Rhevens as he continued. "The moon affects a number of things on earth, the tides, even the tilt of the Earth's axis, and so much more. Without the moon, the effects upon the Earth would be rather devastating." He rolled a shoulder before rubbing at the back of his neck. "As for why destroy the moon, I'm not sure if it's something they're aiming to do, or if it's a side effect of what they are doing, but the moon is going to be destroyed either way if we don't stop them."

Dusk paused to talk to Rhevens. "Go ahead and wait for me in that house there." He gestured to the closest one. "I'll have Lew get you some clothes." And he nodded to Lew, who gave a thumbs up and was already making a pile of clothes beside the door for Rhevens to grab on the way inside. Then Dusk turned to address Leif who asked the last.

"We're up against a mountain full of coven members. But they've become very reliant upon their siphons and magic reserves. Reserves we can cripple with the minotaur's help. We'll have to get to the top room, that's where they are siphoning the moon. Destroy their siphon and at least they won't be able to damage it further. Past that, well... I'm open for suggestions, but.. we have a few ideas. For now, eat, and get comfortable. Time moves differently here. A day here is a couple of hours out there. Gives us an advantage."

coded by natasha.
 

Silver-

冬狼
SILVER BLACKWOOD | location: Lew’s Glade | tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words Thropian Thropian AsherMasher AsherMasher KodakWolf KodakWolf Maeteris Maeteris

The raven-like man that scoured the grounds for shiny materials or objects made her fur bristle out of distrust as she watched the lithe woman from before attempting to discourage his efforts. Nervous shifting from another side revealed Clementine—the girl whom knew Lew the most out of them all. Maybe the man that carried the twinge of blood in his scent should be questioning her?

The slew of people Lew had transported into this niche of a glade seemed to all be of different origins but the newest person that piqued the fae the most had been Dusk. He carried the same aura as Rhevens in some way and the words he exchanged were more confident as if he was used to all this chaos already.

The sound of bone and tendon snapping matched with a defiant caterwaul no longer phased the white wolf as she offered Dusk a hard stare. He may have known what he was doing as he gestured for space but her hackles raised regardless as she abided by his movements, remaining closer than the rest as a pool of black fur and sinew tethered into one mass. The werewolf that rumbled in Rhevens’s place briefly sparked memories of when she had first seen Midnight in his bipedal form not too long ago. It made her question just how much time had passed since then.

Tuning into the two burly bipeds, Silver noted that the newly denounced skinwalker was Dusk. His inquiries implied there were more of these ‘pelts’ and that Rhevens’s detest was rampant in how painful his shifts were.

Midnight’s vocabulary had increased since the first few times he’d come out but what he spewed had a growl leaving the fae’s chest, taking a few steps forward as she glared at him. He spoke of Rhevens as if he were disposable when he was the one that probably needed his human husk to even carry out whatever he was planning in that growly conscious of his.

She flicked her ears when Dusk pressed that he’d work with Rhevens, quieting herself as she caught Midnight’s glance. He didn’t actually want Rhevens to die, did he? Silver drew closer when the blanket flashed between the fairy’s hands, cloaking the human form beneath that she flanked again almost protectively.

Coven. The people Sage had been fervently concealing their existence from had a name that matched their mysterious goals. That wasn’t to say whomever called the shots in Dusk’s group wasn’t as vague either. Their efforts were reminiscent of a normal group of martyrs trying to challenge the unknown rather than sitting and twiddling their thumbs as the moon took on an increasingly ominous hue.

Silver had no choice but to follow those whom dared to scrap against the Coven if she wanted to ever learn how to control this newfound power that had been stockpiling inside her. The fae had caught the gist of the bears words, wondering just how far the Coven could reach if she truly was in this form because of them. A pull in the back of her mind had her doubting that possibility though.

Rhevens didn’t appear to be a part of them, let alone knowledgeable in that department but it still left why he’d gone to her neck of the woods in the first place—or why Midnight had. “Don’t apologize.”

Silver nodded to the bear to confirm her acknowledgement of his words before her attention focused on Dusk. He carried all the answers, it looked like. The coven siphoning powers especially from shifters was a definite cause for concern and this ‘Levi’ person needed to be taken back along with whomever else was supposed to be a part of this cultivated group. Perhaps he was in that top room?
Nonetheless, it was interesting to hear that she had gone from a regular human to one that possessed magical energies that a dangerous group was determined to harness for their sake.

With an excusing bow of her head to the bear, Silver stayed close to Rhevens in case he needed some form of support, distracted at the same time by the idea of the moon’s decay worsening and how it would affect them all if they didn’t do something about it. The thought of it was threatening to strengthen a dull thud that pulsed in the back of her mind as she slowly tread towards the house Dusk had directed Rhevens to; her amber-gold eyes flickering with a mixture of indecipherable reveries.
 

Out Of Words

Words: GM Posts every Sunday
Supporter

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words




Chase Moon



Chase wuffled, the sound actually more relaxed than before. It matched the small smile on his face as he seemed to be soaking in the 'outside'. Even if he knew it wasn't real, it felt real enough, and it was just the taste of freedom he had needed so very much.

Blue eyes did open when the activity seemed to kick up a notch, only there was so much of it, Chase found it difficult to follow along. The scream definitely drew the most attention, and Chase found himself moving around to sit up better, back still pressed to the bark of a tree. Wuffle wuffle.

Chase watched the transformation with a good bit of interest. He didn't have the same shifting as Rhevens, but once the werewolf form was shown, it was clear there was a difference. A look around at the others in the glade and it seemed most of them had the same general what the fuckery expression more or less. And the fact that he wasn't alone made him wuffle with a weird sense of amusement.

Chase had to tear his attention away, before he felt like he was drowning again. Fingers toyed with the grass, and a fallen leaf. Focusing on the glade itself, the sense of being outside. Of being somewhere far away from this coven and a mountain of rock. Maybe being far away from legs that he could feel and move but were worthless for standing or running. Right now, Chase would welcome being in a dream if it meant he could run.

Wuffling, blue eyes looked toward Leif. The man said they'd figure something out, and Chase believed him. They'd figure something out.

coded by natasha.
 
Maddox Ward (Leif Hjalkarssen)
Location: Pixieland
Tags: Chase, Bug, Foster, Rhevens, Lew, Dusk ( Out Of Words Out Of Words ), Evelyn ( Maeteris Maeteris ), Bear ( Thropian Thropian ), Silver ( Silver- Silver- ), Clementine ( AsherMasher AsherMasher )

It was so strange. What Dusk was saying was essentially a continuation of Devlin's plan: the dragon said they'd fly to Ecuador, and since that'd somehow already happened, Dusk picked up from there. They couldn't be the same person though, could they? Leif shot Lew another quick glance. It was all that, plus all the food and the fake sense of security emanated by the glade, similar to what the Wranch did, that made it all too familiar. And strange.

The explanation made sense. In fact, it was easier to take in than the time loop bomb Devlin had dropped, or maybe they were calloused after so many bombs in such a short amount of time. He wasn't even sure how much time had passed, actually.

He nodded at Dusk’s answer, an answer that finally seemed to be shedding some light upon the whole situation and the actual plan, but ‘getting comfortable’ still sounded like too much to ask for the moment. Regardless, why not try?

Eyes moved down to catch a pair of known blue eyes looking towards him, and Leif held his gaze for a moment but looked away shortly after. He looked away because what he saw in those eyes was hope, the optimism he didn’t want to let slip away, but it was an optimism he couldn’t properly reciprocate. Not yet, not in light of all the information Dusk had just dumped on them. He needed some time to process it all, and what was to come. He'd meant it when he said they'd figure something out. He believed it was very possible. Only the hows and the whens were still one big question mark.

“What do they need so much energy for?” Mankind's greed knew no limits. He'd moved to fix a plate of food (mostly meat), something to keep him busy while he waited for Dusk’s next possible bombs. “And how did you get here?” he asked in a tone that was again almost too casual.

Once done, he’d move back to hand Chase the plate of food with a wink and sit back on the grass.
 
Last edited:

Britt-21

Omniverse Explorer

Hayley.png


Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Location: Garden

Hayley noticed the space he created between them. But had said nothing about it, taking note of his demeanor and not wanting to push him to where he was uncomfortable. "In a way, it's good that the others think you're too dumb. Gives you an upper advantage." the corners of her lips tugged a little bit, listening him and taking a glance at Rune, where Sage informed her that he could remove his collar. This news made her excited, hopeful even. Looking back to him, every other word that came out of his mouth she took into account, nodding to show him that she was still listening. "Okay. Good. Sage you're doing good." Hayley complimented "Rune means plenty to me, just as much as you do, Sage. If you can save him, then save him too. As for Devlin and Shia...I need to know where they are. I'll try to do what I can to save them too. But I am glad that Bug is okay." if this whole thing was going to turn into a rescue mission, then so be it. "I'm not going to let them die like how they had appeared in my dream." the entire time of being at the Coven, there was no nightmare that plagued her dreams this way. Plus the fact that the names were actually real... It wasn't just a dream at all. There were bits and pieces. Almost like a puzzle.

"If you think I'm putting you into a trap, then you can kill me right here, right now. I wouldn't fight you back. Your strength outweighs my own, you've shown that when we high fived." pointing to Rune, she continued "You can ask him. He's been with me since I got him. There's no ill intent from me. If anything, it'd be directed at those responsible for using Shifters as pets." it was slavery, just of the supernatural form. "I signed up to help the moon. Not support slavery with supernatural creatures. Though I should have known better with a Coven." after all, she was in one for majority of her life and absolutely hated it. Dropping her hand, Hayley gave a firm nod to Sage "You do what you believe is right. If you take me, then I really do appreciate it. If you don't, then I completely understand." with that said, she remained silent, letting her words sink into him. There was time, there was no rush. Secrets were secret for a reason and it was all up to Sage to decide if he wanted to open it more to her.​
 

Out Of Words

Words: GM Posts every Sunday
Supporter

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words




Leviathan Black

Location: On The Lam


The clouded leopard raced down the halls, holding the loose part of its leash gathered up in its mouth. It was looking for anything open, but so far all the doors were closed. Claws clacked against the stone floor. There were a few guards who passed by, but they knew to not interfere. Alyce typically liked to hunt down the feline when it got loose.

And the leopard had gotten loose a few times. Whenever the leash was forgotten and dropped, it attempted escape. Only all the doors were controlled by those rings, and it made it difficult to find one open, which left it running around the corridors. It was difficult to get purchase on the stone walls, but occasionally, the leopard could parkour off one wall to the other, evading the few who thought they might get points in grabbing the cat. But they never liked to give chase, thankfully.

This time though, there was a door open, and Leviathan darted in, but tried to be quiet and as small a target as possible. It quickly darted under a table, realizing only too late, it was in the sleeping room. Ears flattened and it listened and looked for anyone in the room. There were a handful of legs, but not nearby. So it crept, one table at a time, trying to get a gander at any good exits or hiding spots inside the room.

It heard only two voices though, a man and a woman. "And which do you prefer? The straight forward killing, or do you prefer to break them? What if you need to break them first?" He recognized the man's voice as Razial, only from the few times he and Alyce had been in the same room.

“I’m not sure what situation would necessitate breaking someone like that,” the woman's tone even and calm. “In most cases, wouldn’t it be quicker and more efficient just to go for the kill?” Levi thought the voice was familiar, but it had been a while since having heard it. The name escaped him.

He could see they were standing at one of the tables. The woman asked, “Is she ill?” Levi kept looking around, finally spotting what looked like a whole along the base of a wall. Like a garbage chute or something. He was torn between trying to discern who the woman was, and trying to find a way out.

The man chuckled softly, "Very astute. Yes, she is." But it was the rest of his words that helped Levi decide to go for the chute. "She's currently asleep, and feels no pain. She's dreaming. What would you do? Kill her while she's dreaming to save her from more pain should she be woken up?"

Levi hugged the floor like it was his very best friend in the world as he moved as quickly as he could without making noise. It was faster than a crawl, but much slower than an outright dart toward the hole. He veered to the side to keep as much cover as he could using the various tables, but he did make it to the chute, sliding down and around only to find himself trapped in a small stone room at the bottom.

Well. Shit.

coded by natasha.
 

Out Of Words

Words: GM Posts every Sunday
Supporter

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words




Dusk



Dusk watched Rhevens as he seemed to be more comfortable with the white wolf nearby. Well, at least less stressed, so he gave a nod to the white wolf whenever he had its gaze, and a small gesture of a hand to indicate she could keep Rhevens company. Less stress the better, for everyone involved.

Then he looked back to Leif. "Power. I've not yet confirmed it, but there are ruminations about controlling time with enough magical power." He shook a finger in Lew's direction. "Which is why you need to not take that dust again, Llewella. I'm not kidding."

Lew was still holding onto one of Clemetine's hands, and she impishly stuck her tongue out, but quickly gave in when Dusk's glance turned more stern. "Okay, I understand. No more dusty dust land." Dusk looked like he wasn't sure she was telling the truth, but turned back to the group.

"They've figured out a way to boost their magic with this dust. It's made from the siphoned energy of others, and combined with the dust from the moon and other ingredients. They take it for like a turbo boost of magic when they need. Some take it every day. I've no idea of the side effects." And as for how he came to be there, Dusk answered as he made sure Rhevens and the white wolf made it inside the little fairy house made not so little.

"I've worked with a group of exterminators, well, that's what they used to call themselves. They're good guys. We go in and rescue those who have been kidnapped by hunters, slavers, bad guys, and so on. And we clean up as needed along the way. One of theirs was taken, and we tracked him here. Got him out not too long ago, but we can't just leave others behind so.. here I am."

coded by natasha.
 
Maddox Ward (Leif Hjalkarssen)
Location: Pixieland
Tags: Chase, Bug, Foster, Rhevens, Lew, Dusk ( Out Of Words Out Of Words ), Evelyn ( Maeteris Maeteris ), Bear ( Thropian Thropian ), Silver ( Silver- Silver- ), Clementine ( AsherMasher AsherMasher )

Power, it was always power. So typical it almost elicited a bitter laugh from the vampire as he briefly looked away to ponder, though his eyes were quickly drawn back to Dusk when the man spoke further, mentioning time control.

Leif barely registered as Dusk chided Lew once again, too busy turning the skinwalker’s last words over in his mind over and over. So much could be achieved with time control, and yet that myriad of possibilities was what made it all the more dangerous. Had they already achieved it, or was that merely a theory?

Leif snapped back into focus as Dusk didn’t delay speaking again, giving more details on the dust that turned out not being the common dust most people knew about. Moon dust? The weird dreams he had before waking up kept sounding more and more sane when compared to what supposedly was reality.

“Appreciate it.” Leif nodded in acknowledgement of the skinwalker’s words. Good guys or bad guys, it didn’t really matter then as long as they shared a similar goal, though Dusk’s idea of ‘good guys’ did seem to match Leif’s on the mentioned aspects.
 

Britt-21

Omniverse Explorer
Roje.png&indy.png


1603925332674.png
Tags: Rhyme Rhyme | Location: Coda's Room.

Roje's eyebrows raised as she watched her sister suddenly go rage mode, taking a small table -after clearing it off- and rushing to the door where she tried to make it feel her wrath with that table. Shit, she's channeling that inner rage more than I am. Probably because I've seen what we're up against. Or at least part of it. the vampire thought, saying nothing more before Indy finally calmed down, getting that bottle of wine and sitting on the floor "I mean, I don't blame you." she said "I'd be pretty pissed, but after what I've seen, yeah, no, I have to keep myself in line." a sigh escaped her lips a she began to pace around the room "We're in deeper shit then we know. That girl? The spoiled brat, Alyce? Yeah, she set people on fire with no flick of the wrist, nothing. They lit up in one swoop and the only thing was left was fucking ash." she swallowed and pursed her lips for a moment. Looking down at the black boots she possessed.

"The cat she had? He's a fucking shifter. Being used as some kind of pet. She took us through this...Room with a shit ton of beds and people sleeping in them before we were brought to cages where animals were sitting inside." taking her hands out of her pockets, Roje turned to Indy "I want to get the hell out of here as much as the next person but we are stuck. Coda and you are the only ones who are even in good standing. Unlike me who "displeased" the "princess"." her hazel eyes rolled and she scoffed, dropping her hands against her legs with an audible clap "Give me a fucking break." she looked away and continued to slowly pace about the room "That's basically what Coda and I have learned." then she stopped in her tracks and paused before laughing bitterly "Oh and apparently Coda and I are bonded and we dont know by what! Isnt that great?"

Indy watched her sister pace around the room from the opposite end of her bottle. So Alyce was a pyro, Wendy could weave uncomfortable sweatpants, and Key popped heads like a temperamental child pops balloons. That certainly made an interesting team of psychotic coworkers. "That room with the people." Indy crossed her arms and grimaced. "Alyce mentioned using shifters as batteries, said that's where I'd go if I didn't sign up or something. That must be that room. Could you find your way back if you needed to? Was it heavily guarded?" After all, if they had the chance to smack-down the magical supply chain... Indy wondered how difficult it would be to smuggle a bomb into the "battery." Regardless, she didn't even touch on the bonding remark; one thing at a time. If they escaped alive, they could handle the bond later.


Roje shook her head "Not really guarded. Seemed more relaxed in a more... Disturbing way. But yeah, I could find my way back." she said, resuming her pacing and talking "Would I want to do that? Not if it means my head is going to be served on a silver platter. I'm choosing my battles now that I know what the hell we're dealing with." taking a good look at her sister, she took note of those ugly clothes she was given What the hell is that garbage? If this girl is my sister, she is not wearing those ugly rags. with that thought in mind, she moved to the closet and began to think of something that fit her a little better. Hand on the handle, she thought of some plaid button ups, blue jeans, dark blue jeans, and a few normal tees.

Pulling the door open, she spoke up "Also, get out of those ugly rags. If you dont like what I chose, I'll let you pick the next set." pausing, she pursed her lips "Uhh...Yeah this closet is also magical soooo... Think of what you want and open it...Then uh...There's the clothes you want. For free. No cost."

“Magic closet. Of course. Thanks,” Indy stood, wine bottle still clutched in her hand. If Roje considered these clothes ugly, she could only imagine what she would think of her usual attire. Walking into the closet, Indy stripped off her shirt and grabbed another from the rack, pausing with it clutched in her hand. It was difficult for her to understand how she was meant to feel, somewhere between a prisoner and a sister, and Roje’s quiet demeanor had erupted back into her usual spirited attitude. Turning back toward the closet, shirt still clutched to her chest alongside the bottle, Indy tapped her fingers on her hip, hesitated, and reached up to scratch her shoulder absently. “Sorry, I, uh, I don’t know how to do this”—she waved her hand along the distance between them—“sister...thing.” Leave it to Indy to voice her shock about having a biological relative while inside a magical closet.

Roje watched as she went in, pulling her shirt off - which caused the vampire to turn her attention away just to give her privacy - and turned her head slightly toward her when she spoke, seeing Indy just out of the corner of her eye "You think I know how to do the sister thing? I'm just as lost as you are. I only know how to be a sister to a brother. A sister to a sister? Yeah, no. No clue." the vampire was more like a tomboy rather than a full feminine woman. Roje liked fights, badass looking clothes, working out as much as she could, drinking and watch others have stupid drinking contests. More girly females were into clothes, hair, accessories, etc...Something that she herself couldn't get into. "We can work on it, it's not a big deal. But knowing that my family is a lie and you're the only real thing about family...It's a little messy." putting her hands into the back pockets of her jeans, she looked away again.

"I guess we could just start from the beginning when we were born I guess. Not that I have much to tell...I had the fake parents after all." she didn't mean this in a bad way. It was just how she had seen it.

Indy snorted. She wasn’t much of a sister either—or a sibling at all, generally. Her interactions with children had been harshly cut short when she first shifted, and any interactions following her shift back into humanity felt foreign and crooked; every conversation, even now, feeling like a mask that fit just a bit askew. Thinking about those days back as a child... Indy strolled out to sit on the bed, rubbing her forehead. “Uh, where we were born.” Would she be able to tell her? Even now, knowing she was her sister, the words stuck to her tongue and refused to let go. “We... or I mean I was born in a small... town. Our mom’s name is Beth, I guess— our dad is dead. Probably. Definitely at least drunk.” Indy raised the wine bottle in emphasis. “Frankly, I probably know just as much as you about the early bits. I left town before I had too many memories and stayed with my—our dad, who ditched us, initially. Didn’t want to raise me until mom dumped my furry ass on his doorstep.” She was rambling now, stepping further away from details which curled back into the safety of her gut. Roje could learn those in time, maybe—but not now. Not here.

“You’re the older sibling, right?” Indy leaned forward, head tilted slightly. “Do you remember anything? I know dad pulled disappearing acts, but I can’t imagine mom leaving another daughter behind.” After all, her mother had abandoned their home and spent years on the road with only a child-cat as companion— Indy couldn’t imagine a reason that would justify her mom abandoning another child.

Watching Indy sit upon the bed, Roje crossed her arms and leaned more on one leg while letting the other extend to the side and relax. Beth? I expected a more...crazy name but that's fine I guess. she thought, continuing to listen Dad was a drunk, no different from my fake one then. "Honestly, Indy, either I was taken from our mother at birth, or someone fucked with my memory." taking a finger, she tapped her head with it "Because all I can remember is being in the house with my fake parents." sighing, she shook her head "Those are my two best guesses, memory was tampered with, or I was taken from mom at birth." what else could be explained? Key was a bitch as he talked shit on her fake family- "That mother fucker. I bet you Key had a hand in that shit. I wouldn't be surprised, he's a dick. Dicks always find their way back." rolling her hazel eyes, she slowly brought her mind back on track.

"Seeing as I have not much to share about my fake family, I'll just skip to the part where I became a Vampire. I was 20 years old. At first, due to my short-tempered nature, that emotion was heightened extremely and I was an aggressive person. Over time, after losing guys I loved, I mellowed out. Worked on myself, did whatever a vampire could do and just kinda relax." cupping her chin, she walked about the small space "I learned to fight, box, whatever it is. I met my pup, who came to me for help, and I met...Another guy. Who...Also died." the look on her face seemed to grow dark, stiff even "I eventually accepted the fact that Warrior women don't get love. It's only around for a short time before it's yanked from you." snapping from it, she turned to Indy "The only reason why I was brought here was because of my deal to get a daylight ring. To walk in the sun and feel those warm rays on my skin again. Was it worth the price? No with a hint of yes."


Indy stared. She had not expected the outpouring of emotion flippantly dropped to her feet by Roje. It was uncomfortable, she thought, as she threw the shirt over her bare shoulders. "I think you should take a break from dating," she offered. "For their health. And yours." Black widows made lonely mothers, after all. Lonely mothers seemed to run in the family. "Well, we're in the shit now then, I guess. Least you have some jewelry, least we're in the same hole. When we're done, when we get out of here, we'll call mom. She can explain, maybe." Explain why she carted one child across the country but abandoned the others with alcoholics, or lost the other. Was it possible Roje had been stolen, and Beth had never been able to find her? The idea was as good as any.

"Wait." Indy stood from the bed, fur spreading across her arms as she looked to Roje. "If you're my sister, were you ever able to shift?"

A bitter laugh escaped the Vampire's lips "Yeah, I haven't dated for the past...mmmm...two years? I think I'm good. For now at least. Don't worry about big sis. Only worry when I'm getting my ass into some serious trouble." another laugh had left her lips, but it was more genuine and light hearted rather than bitter. Though, Indy's next question had thrown her off a little, furrowing her eyebrows in thought, she tapped her pointer finger on her lips "Me being able to shift? I wouldn't think so. If it's triggered by fear, anxiety, or trauma...Yeah no, never happened. I got into all of that shit and nothing happened." tilting her head slightly, she added "Were you hoping I was a shifter too before I kicked the can?"
 

Thropian

Am real hu-man
Spirit Bear
Location: Dusty dust land
Tags: AsherMasher AsherMasher KodakWolf KodakWolf Maeteris Maeteris Silver- Silver-
Bear shifted closer to the vampire, and a bit further from the skin walker. "He knows much." Bear whispered. "But says he is not here long, and does not work for them. Something feels off."

Lew was a creature of nature, and should be trustable. Dusk was unfortunately primarily of man, and men were harder to trust. Could he have deceived Lew? Could Lew be so tainted by this place, like the serpent spirit, that she was untrustable? Were the vampire and the others any better? Bear began to realize how far from home he was, and how alone. He turned to Edwin, in time to see him walk away with the wolf and skinwalker into the hovel. He could still hear Edwin's thoughts, but the distance compounded his feelings of fear.

He shook it off. He would have to trust someone, and even if the dreams were false, they were all he had for now. The newcomers would have to earn trust.

-----

Edwin half listened to Dusk's explanation. He could tell Bear was listening, as the memories seemed to seep in regardless, so he decided to follow the wolf. It was able to speak to him, which seemed strange, and the paper wolf was interesting enough he wanted to watch it. So he followed them into the mushroom house, following by what bits of the world he could still see.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Top