• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

A phone? So that was what the two furballs had been planning—a clandestine phone call. He suddenly remembered Indy making a flamboyant show of bumping into a flight attendant, and the pieces clicked into place.

He stepped outside and, searching the aisle, locked eyes with the flight attendant whom he recognized as the one Indy had bumped into.

You,” he said harshly. “What’s your number?

He punched it into his own cell phone as she recited it, and when he heard the faint buzzing of a vibrating phone, he tracked it down to a little crevice between the cushions of the seat Foster now slept alone in.

Coda narrowed his eyes at the skinny, shaggy-headed kid before he snatched up the phone. Too weak, just as his mother had been.

Key, too, had left the cabin, returning to his own seat after dismissing Banks from his temporary reassignment. As Coda approached and handed off the phone to Key, more questions brushed at his mind—whom had Indy and Foster been trying to call? Had they gotten through? They were questions, he imagined, Key had answers to, but Coda kept them locked behind his teeth—he had, after all, promised that his previous question was his last. More answers were forthcoming—he sustained himself with the reminder.

Coda's shoes let out hollow, ringing clicks as he returned to his seat, the vial heavy in his pocket and the thoughts heavy in his head. His new charge. His father. Maylee.

Maylee.

When he returned to his seat, he found Indy slumped against the window, sound asleep from all appearances. Before he sank down into his own seat, Coda traced the fragile line of Indy's throat with hungry eyes, noting the arteries beneath pallid, translucent skin.

As far as I'm concerned, he reminded himself,
they're all in my way.

( Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Rhyme Rhyme )

coda.

half-demon

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Out Of Words

Time Skip | Current Timeline: May 15th

Tags: Coven Plane

Banks' and Winnie's conversation had been derailed by being summoned by Key for a short while. When he returned to his seat, he was tired and wound up stretching out for a nap. Key had examined the phone handed to him by Coda. Even hit the redial button and held it up to his ear, though he didn't say anything.

Key just hung up after a minute, turned it off, and tucked it away into a pocket of his jacket. There was a visual check of all the charges, Morgan, Foster and Indigo were all sleeping. Winnie seemed quiet, but that wasn't new. The flight attendant was signaled over and there was a short, hushed conversation before she headed to the front of the plane.

Food prep would be started and in a couple of hours, lunch would be served. Until then, Key felt confident enough to actually take a light nap. And the plane continued to fly through the air with the greatest of ease, and little turbulence.

By the time the flight attendant started to wheel around the tray with meals and drinks, Foster and Indigo appeared to be slowly stirring back to awareness. Roje was even making some sounds, which was setting poor Morgan into a bit of a fright. Foster was a little too out of it for it to register.

Honestly, Key was hoping to be amused by their reactions when the 'dead' Roje returned to 'life'. All he was missing to make this a complete show, was some popcorn.

coded by natasha.

Roje.png
1595987683782.png
Mentions: Out Of Words Out Of Words (Morg & Key) Vinegar Bees Vinegar Bees (Sodabae) | Location: Coven Plane -> Coven HQ

After her mind had gone dark with her dream, she could feel herself stirring awake. Groaning from the pain in her neck both on her spine and the gaping wound that wasn't so gaping anymore but still there. Holy fuck that hurts... she thought to herself, shifting her head a few times to make sure she was actually functional before opening her hazel eyes and noticing that she was no longer in the room she had been knocked out in...The gears in her head were starting to click, recalling everything before she had been knocked out. Fighting with Coda, getting mauled and then suddenly lights out. Followed by a dream that felt all too real and had the Vampire wonder what the hell happened. This was something she could worry about later, it's been practically three years, they've probably moved on with their lives and dont even remember her. Which was fine by her. As her eyes scanned what she could see, she turned her head and noticed they were now on the plane, a random guard sitting with her Kitten. Lifting her head a little, she noticed everyone else in different spots.

Putting her head back down, she lifted her hand to her neck and felt around the bite that Coda left on her neck. It wasn't as large as it was in her dream, but it was definitely still there. With her energy levels as low as they were, she wasn't going to heal it any faster till she had something to eat. Putting her hand down on her stomach, her eyes closed once again, picking up the scent of her Kitten, Soda, Key, Indy, and that other guy who was in those cuffs. On top of Banks and Winnie, but no Parks. Man, how long has it been has she's been out? "It'd be nice if anyone could talk on this damn plane." she got out, not screaming, but she wasnt exactly quiet either as she carefully sat up. Keeping her eyes closed as she felt the room spin. Well...Plane so to speak. "Kitten would you calm down, your heart beat is going to explode if you keep freaking out like that." lifting her hands, she went and cracked her neck, only to wince in pain. That was a mistake. she thought and released a sigh, opening her eyes and slowly looking around at how fancy the plane was.

Little did she know that her skin was still covered in the blood. But she smelled it, and when she looked down, she noticed the white sheet covered in blood from her body. Well that's gotta suck. too bad for the plane staff they had to get that out of the sheet. Lifting her head back up, she shifted her body to get off the bed...seat...thing. Pushing herself off of it, the plane suddenly spun again and she plopped right back down. Between the mauling and her neck getting snapped, her body had been on overtime trying to heal both injuries and it was clearly having an affect on her. Putting her elbows on her knees and her forehead in her hands, she spoke in a muffled tone "How long have we been on this damn plane, Key? I already want off of it." the funny thing about her situation is that she had no idea that some of the people on the plane had no clue that she could come back from a neck snap like demonstrated in the dining room this morning. At the very least Coda knew how to snap her neck and not accidentally rip her head off. Sitting on her bed, she hated to feel like she was weak, especially in the situation she was in. But there was no choice in the matter.​

SILVER BLACKWOOD
Tags: Werewolf in the woods Out Of Words Out Of Words Location: Wellington, FL
A deep sigh was exhaled into the otherwise silent night. Even as the stained moon bore down on her in its almost full glory, striking some form of fear into her heart, what laid in the shadow of that vice was solace. The strict hand her father dealt to her would’ve never allowed for the outing she had done, no matter the time of day.

She wasn’t to be left alone, always to tell of her location, unable to have enjoyable hobbies or good friends without there being a risk of being criticized both behind her back and to her face. There had always been a feeling of being misunderstood by her own family that bothered her to no end and the gravity of the cliche concept was irritating yet saddening. The fact she really could rely on no one but herself, not even those that shared her blood. Relationships and positive emotions were always fleeting, escaping her grasp as easily as they had come. Only animals could offer her genuine comfort or joy.

She had grown too self-aware far too early, unable to allow herself to make voluntarily foolish mistakes like others in her age group as well as being able to recognize the consequences of her actions and those of others. Years of being battered constantly had taught her to steel herself for almost any situation. Almost.

Her eyes drifted onto a form that stood a ways away from her but not so far that her eyes which had now adjusted to the darkness, could decipher. Her breath caught in her throat as she went rigid. There was no mistaking the shape that stuck out distinctly against the shivering fronds of the forest.

The howl that burst through the night could only confirm her suspicions. A werewolf. But how? And why all of a sudden here and now, in Florida of all places? The ghostly call vibrated in her chest as it tightened sharply, her throat closing up as if she felt like tears were going to well up into her eyes for some reason. She didn’t understand the emotions that were passing through her as she clenched a fistful of her sweater where the pressure was the strongest on her torso. It felt as if her lungs wanted to burst or maybe that she unconsciously wanted to answer back.

A familiar wave of heat washed over her when the howl was cut short, her eyes snapping back into focus where the beast had once stood. It was gone? Her legs launched her forward before she could even take a moment to assess the situation. To see if her parents had awoken, if neighbors peered sleepily from their homes at the commotion, if the creature was planning to lure her into a trap. None of it mattered.

It was as if something had ignited in her, stirred from a deep slumber and was now taking the reigns in this situation. The desire to seek out who and what it was that had been crying out triumphed over the flicker of dread in her heart.

Her gait slowed to a more cautious pace once she neared the cusp of trees that marked the border between the land she was used to and that of the unknown. She thought she could see the breakage in the vegetation where something large had disturbed it, keeping a bit of a wary distance as she had to squint a bit to get a better look at what may have fallen onto the forest floor ahead. Her mouth pressed into a firm line, air barely leaving her as she dared to step a bit closer to where the looming form had just been. She could feel her heart thudding wildly in her chest, her hands doing no better as they shook erratically while she reached to brush away a bit of broken foliage. Should she speak? Should she even be breathing? Something kept nudging her curiosity to the forefront, her legs following suit.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Out Of Words

Surreality | Current Timeline: ???

Tags: @AsherMasher

When Clementine finally fell asleep, she was back in the forest with flora and fauna. The twinkling singing faeries swirled around her in welcome as she stepped into the garden. "Clementine, Clementine, the fates entwine, the times align, and soon you will find your lifeline."

The winged one was back, standing and smiling at Clemetine as she held out a hand for her to take. Feathered wings fluttered behind her every now and then. "Your powers you must come to know, so come with me, and your true strength will show."

Clementine would be lead to a clearing in the gardened woods, with a small waterfall and plants wherever the gaze could fall. The sound was pleasant, constant, and calming. "Call me Lew, and don't be so blue. You are safe here, it's been a year, but your powers, they grew. Now we have to unlock them.." She leaned in close with a grin. "..We need a little mayhem."

One hand did a sweeping motion over the vision of the waterfall, and for a moment they were in an underground cavern. A rock waterfall fountain was in the middle of a large cavern. There were long beds, so many beds, all arranged in a circle around the middle. There were at least three rings, each filled with beds separated by only a couple of feet. Almost all of the beds seemed to have a figure resting on top.

"Things are not always as they seem. Which is real, which is the dream?" Another wave of the arm and the natural waterfall and garden clearing returned. "It matters not for now, not until you have the know-how. How to wake from this place, before your existence they erase."

Lew turned Clementine until they were face to face. She held onto her hands and squeezed. "Your powers here we will wake. And when you're strong enough, your captivity we will break." Hands were let go and Lew moved to the side.

Behind her, there were three targets setup, like archery circles with the red rings. Clementine could feel her pendant growing warmer, heavier. "Now, the weapon you shape, fight for your escape. The targets are your enemies, use the magic that's been buried for centuries."

To demonstrate, Lew moved as if Lew held a bow and arrow. A shaft of light formed where the arrow would be. One hand pulled back the unseen bowstring, and the shaft of light flew toward the target. A bullseye! "Now, you practice and trust your heart, your mother, in you, never did depart. Use her strength, make it your own, you were never truly alone."

coded by natasha.

Last edited:

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

BUG

Tags: Maeteris Maeteris

Bug returned to his seat, elbows on the table, chin in the palms of hands framing either side of his own face. Every bit of his attention was on Evelyn. "Really? You'd help me with trademarking Bug Buddy! That'd be awe-waitforit-some!"

"I can't really pay you, well not in cash. But I have pretty shinies!" Hands left his face to delve deep into the pockets of his pants. He started to pull out his little treasures to show off. There was a small wad of tinfoil, like from gum wrappers. Only he had carefully smoothed out the wrinkles and now had them all neatly folded into tight little squares which were then all bundled together with a delicately tied string bow.

There was a small bell, polished smooth but missing the little part that made the bell actually ring. A couple of paperclips, carefully crafted into a small figure of a cat, the tail could even swivel on its own. From another pocket, he pulled out a collection of colored string, all organized to form a rainbow of color and tied together with a piece of twine.

And then he was going over the items and sharing with Evelyn why they were special. "These are from gum Shia offered to me. I like to make the foil smooth and then fold them as small as I can. I keep them because it was nice of Shia to share his gum with me."

"The bell came from one of Levi's jingle jangle toys. It didn't work anymore, so he let me have the bell. And I like Levi, I think he's funny and smart, so I wanted to keep the bell cause it's something he gave me." One by one he carefully pushed the item to the side after telling their story.

"The paperclips Devlin let me have, and I shaped them into the cat, cause Levi was lounging around as a cat at the time. And I wanted to try and capture the cat. And Devlin was very kind to give me the paperclips when I asked." Each time he told the story of an item, Bug couldn't help but grin ear to ear, so eager and happy to share with Evelyn.

"And the string was from Chase. When he's in wolf form, he often gets everything stuck in his fur. And I help by picking it out. Over the couple of days when we first met and stayed here before going to get everyone else, I picked out all these threads. And it was nice of Chase to trust me to clean his fur."

All done, Bug looked over at Evelyn. "And now I look forward to getting more treasures from all the new friends we have met, like you! Then I won't forget anyone ever again! I have some gum wrappers from Ally-san, I plan on making them into something pretty. So now I need things from everyone else! But we have a long plane ride ahead, so maybe it'll keep me busy and not looking out the windows."

Bug leaned in close, his eyes growing wide. "Did you see that one documentary where Captain Kirk looked out of the window in a stormy night and there was a Mogwai who had eaten after midnight on the wing? Scary."

coded by natasha.

Maylee felt an immediate wash of relief and, perhaps, gratitude when Levi welcomed her appearance without a shred of hesitation. She smiled cheerfully herself, albeit a little more shy and subdued than the vibrant Levi, as she followed him to an equipment shed that could probably fit three or four iterations of her apartment inside.

Inside, she had to pinch her nose to shut out the sudden influx of dust that invaded her nostrils, her eyes growing thin and watery as the threat of a sneeze stung behind them. The battle, unfortunately, was a hopeless one, as she sputtered out a rather explosive sneeze only slightly muffled by the sleeve of her jacket and came up for air, her face warm with embarrassment.

At the sound of her sneeze, a loud thunk sounded, and Maylee tensed, whirling round to find only that a box stuffed with croquet mallets had tipped over. The heat in her cheeks deepened. No way. She hadn't sneezed that hard, had she? Only a dragon's sneeze would have the power to knock something over, she thought, before briefly wondering whether dragons did sneeze. It was merely a strange coincidence, a result of some of the boxes being poorly-stacked.

As she hurried to pick up the toppled croquet mallets, Maylee heard a sound of ecstatic surprise from Levi, and she turned to see him triumphantly holding what looked to be a replica lance. He was a whirl of energy as he swiped up two in his arms and trotted jovially out of the shed, gesturing for her to grab the other two. Maylee smiled at the sight of him carrying something so proportionally oversized for his tiny frame, and she hoisted the remaining two lances over each of her shoulders and turned to follow Levi out of the shed—

She froze. Nothing happened, not really, but—there was a sudden something in the air, a barely-perceptible blip, perhaps only a conjuration of her mind. She felt distinctly as if a fingernail had reached out inside her head and scraped along the back wall of her skull.

She felt distinctly as if someone was watching her.

Gooseflesh crawled up her arms as Maylee took a hesitant look back into the shed, murky and quiet, an abyss long-waiting to gaze back.

Snap out of it, she told herself. You're just nervous about tomorrow.

She shook her head and hurried out after Levi, shutting the door behind her.

The anxiety had little room to get comfortable when she and Levi returned to the group and the latter enthusiastically proposed a jousting tournament. Maylee laughed at the suggestion—still a little restrained, still a little self-conscious, but a genuine laugh all the same.

"Wait, hold on," she said, a laugh still hanging on the edge of her breath, "how are we gonna do this? Just run at each other with lances? Or saddle up some of Devlin's horses? Or...?"

Another idea flashed in her brain, and it was so absurd she couldn't help but blurt it out as a joke.

"Or... maybe some of us shifters can be the mounts," she said. "Anyone who's big enough transformed to carry another person." She tried to imagine herself, decked out in full wolf form, saddled up and ready to ride. She didn't doubt she could support a human's weight, but the image in itself was absurd to the point of hilarity.

As she laughed, Maylee was aware, again, of the ache in her cheeks as the muscles she rarely used to smile strained themselves. A workout indeed.

( Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words )​

maylee song.

hunter | werewolf

A wave of dread had run through her when she heard Key ordering Banks to a temporary new location. Her mind buzzed as she listened to his footsteps retreat, every sense alight with terror. She had sharp hearing. She had heard what Indy and Foster had been talking about. Her continued engagement with Banks—was it to divert attention? To create an alibi? I didn't hear them, Mr. Key, I promise, I was talking to Banks the whole time—

Plausible deniability, but only thinly so. A tight, fear-stricken part of her knew that she had kept talking on purpose, knew that her pointed passivity was tantamount to mutiny. As an employee of the coven—even one in chains—she ought to have alerted at the first hint of resistance from the other prisoners. Why hadn't she?

The point was ultimately moot, as Key caught the other two in the act, though the ensuing wave of terror within her tamped down when he ultimately offered them sleeping pills instead of cranial explosions. Winnie tensed as she listened to Indy return to her seat, Banks depart from his, and that monstrous Coda skulking to the back of the plane with Key. For a fleeting moment, she clung to hope that, perhaps, Key was going to reprimand the half-demon for the unnecessary force with which he had incapacitated Indy and Roje, but it was ultimately as fantastical as the Dust that had puffed from Morgan's shoulders—only the Dust was real.

Winnie tipped her head against the window, feeling the thrumming of the plane's machinery vibrating in her skull, and shut her eyes, feigning sleep. When Banks returned, she continued the charade, hoping an apparent nap would dissuade the chatty cop from reiterating any of his uncomfortable questions.

My only purpose is to serve my Lady, she told herself, but all at once her mouth tasted sour, like spoiled milk.

Real sleep, ultimately, eluded her, and any hope of snatching some was obliterated when Roje suddenly awoke. Winnie felt a brief brush of relief that the vampire woman had recovered from the horrid wound Coda had inflicted on her—she glanced at the scabbed-over, puny wound on her own palm and thought that Roje must feed herself well—but it was replaced by a withering dismay when she remembered that Roje was one of the louder of the group's talking heads, and the quiet that had reigned during her slumber had, indeed, been something of a relief.

Don't be selfish, she rebuked herself. Be grateful there wasn't another casualty.

The sound of wheels dragging across the floor stirred Winnie to open her eyes, and she felt her stomach clench at the realization that the flight attendants were bringing meals around. She glanced sidelong at Banks, the kneading hunger within her gut clamoring for attention. The last time she had been offered food on a plane, her handler had scarcely noticed her long enough to see whether she accepted or rejected the provisions in front of her. Banks, she expected, would offer her no such luxury.

winnie sawyer.

psychic vampire

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Foster Croft

Tags: Rhyme Rhyme | Location: ✈

Foster faired a lot better after his drug induced sleep. His hand had healed from his attempts to break every bone to get the cuff off. His curls were a little more wild from sleeping, his eyes a little groggy still, but he was ... in a slightly better mental state.

Foster slowly shifted around in his seat, stretching what muscles he could until the scent of food drew his attention. He sat upright, eagerly taking the offered tray of food. It looked like roast beef, mashed potatoes, brown gravy, roasted carrots, two dinner rolls, and a brownie for dessert.

Okay, he could totally live with this. He asked for a new bottle of water, and then started to chow down. The food was his focus. It was his focus on purpose. Somewhere, in the back of his mind, Foster knew shit had gone down. A lot he couldn't and didn't want to fathom, or remember.

And yet still, there was some nagging voices of a nightmare long forgotten. Cages, cuffs, forced fighting in an arena with spectators betting on if he lived or died. No, he didn't want to remember, so with a big bite of potatoes, he swallowed down the memory with the food.

All the voices on the plane were muted, like he turned down the volume on real life in favor of focusing every fiber of his being on the food in front of him. Food was good. Life was good. He was holding onto that as long as he could.

coded by natasha.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Rhevens Coldwater

Tags Silver- Silver- (via Discord Chat) | Location: Body in Woods, FL

There was the hint of pale flesh, a brief glimpse between the foliage between trees. Upon closer inspection, it would prove to be a young man. A naked, young man. His dark brown hair was a little long, wavy and currently hiding most of his face.

He didn't seem to have any wounds, his flesh was unmarred if a bit on the pale side. Regardless, they were still unconscious, and still naked in the cooling night. There weren't any clothes nearby Silver could see, a lot of torn branches and there, embedded in the bark of the closest tree, deep gouges from sharp claws. Four of them, dragged downward, as if something tried to stop their fall to the ground.

The feeble light that shifted through the trees was enough for Silver to see the lifeless looking body in front of her. She would’ve accidentally stepped on one of their limbs if she hadn’t dug her fingers into a nearby tree for support, nearly losing her balance when her hand dipped into long claw marks. She felt for the scores in the bark, noting how deeply they’d gouged before she stepped carefully over to where the person’s head was. Slowly, she got down onto her hands and knees, tilting her head to listen for any sign of life. Relief washed over her when soft breathing greeted her ears. At least this person was alive and seemingly unharmed.

Nervously, Silver patted them slightly, murmuring. “Hey, wake up.” This person.. they couldn’t be that beast, could they? The idea of this pallid, unconscious kid being something she’d seen in movies and TV didn’t make sense. It was entirely possible that supernaturals could exist but that didn’t answer the question of why now of all times. She sighed quietly after her first attempt to bring them back to consciousness, narrowing her eyes as she tried to make out the face beneath the swathe of dark hair. She moved to brush some of it away despite the pang of apprehension that had her hands shaking again.

The young man appeared to be in his twenties, with a bit of facial fuzz along his jawline, chin, and upper lip. With the touching, eyes fluttered, blinking rapidly as they attempted to open and stay open. Brown eyes attempted to focus on the person before him, but it just didn't register for a full minute. And when it did, his entire body jolted as if shocked.

He scrambled to find purchase on a ground that felt way too slippery suddenly. He wound up with his back pressed against the tree trunk, eyes wild as if trying to take stock of everything at once. "Wh..where.." Gaze widened upon realizing while he was there, his clothing was most assuredly not.

Hands covered up vital parts as he attempted, poorly' to find some type of cover with the neighboring brush. "Uh.. Hi. I.. Hi. Hi. Where.. where am I?" One eyebrow drew upward, nearly pointing and gesturing with a hand, only to swiftly cover himself once more. "Eh-heh. Uh. Yeah. I didn't happen to attend a party at your place? Leave my clothes there, maybe?"

One could hope.

coded by natasha.

Last edited:
SILVER BLACKWOOD
Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Location: In the forest near her home.

The person—now identified to be male—seemed to be someone of her own age bracket. His jawline was somewhat stark, facial hair helping to give him a scruffier appearance before his dark gaze flitted for a heartbeat only to burst open. Silver jerked away in the opposite direction when he jolted, quick to get back up onto her feet despite having sat on rich loam. Her heart was back to announcing itself due to her swift movement but her eyes were full of curiosity. She watched quietly as he desperately grabbed at the ground to propel himself backwards until his efforts were halted by a nearby tree trunk, her own dark brown gaze staring unyieldingly at the wide-eyed individual that sat buck naked before her. He seemed to be looking for clothing but to no avail. Had he left some somewhere around here? She averted her eyes rather abruptly when he went to cover the more personal portions of himself, her face growing stony in order to hide her own embarrassment.

“You’re in a forest in the outskirts of Wellington, Florida, to be exact,” frowning a bit at his other inquiry, she began to brush the dirt off herself. “No party or clothes, unless you count being a werewolf as your costume to this so-called party. A good amount of detail placed on that.” Silver purposely made herself sound as if she didn’t believe in what she had originally seen standing amongst the trees in an attempt to find out if her suspicions about him were correct. “Either way, you seem lost. I’m not good with directions but I’ll help you as much as I can.” It felt uncharacteristic, but she held her hand out to the boy nonetheless, a feeling of familiarity coming off of him to the point that she felt no need to be fearful of him. She normally didn’t give people the time out of her day due to her quiet despise for humans but she was almost entirely sure that he was not entirely as innocent as he seemed.

Allison Hagan
thoughtful Wright Wranch outfit Thropian Thropian

When Edwin had finished describing his vision, Allison stayed quiet for a moment, her face resting in her palm as she tapped her fingers against her cheek. “So it sounds like you have two separate messages there. Your bear spirit said to find the truth, and their freedom? Are they bound somehow? Hm.” It occurred to her that they all were apparently bound to the moon via these tethers, but it didn't seem there was any reason to assume that was what the spirit had meant. “It sounds like it could be related to their shifting, as that was emphasized in the dream. Speaking with them would be wise, not only to get their permission to investigate further, but also to get a better sense of what your spirit could be referring to. Investigating this waterfall seems worthwhile as well.”

“As for the second part of your dreams...” Allison sat up and loosely half-shrugged. “I guess you shouldn't go into that part of the caves yet. Was it still your bear spirit warning you then, do you think?”

Allison took a moment to skim through her mental catalogue of her own magical abilities, what she could perform without the coven, and within a reasonable time frame, considering their upcoming flight. “As for relevant magic I could reasonably perform, given the circumstances, I could most likely sense if there were some kind of magical binding placed on Levi or Chase. And I could try to detect any magical presence in particular areas of the cave system. Though, given its apparently magical properties, I can't be sure whether my magic would be affected."
code by yousmelldead

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Sage

Tags Hayley Britt-21 Britt-21 | Location: Coven HQ

Sage's chest puffed up and out, not that he needed to look bigger, when Hayley said it looked pretty. "Sage likes it. More than the sleeping fountain. That is more like a waterfall. I think too loud, but they wanted the waterfall sound."

When Hayley spoke about a better spot, Sage's expression turned into one of obvious confusion. "Sage.. in good spot. Sag...I.. do not want to lose the garden here." He didn't understand what she was referring to. Arms swept out to either side as he did a not so small spin in a circle. "It good spot here, yes?"

Sage rubbed at the top of his head with both hands, over the spots where his horn stubs would be in his true form. "Sage like it here. Okay? Okay if Sage stay here?" Eyes crinkled with worry, and he started to try and shrink his whole being, to be less intimidating.

"Sage not understand what mean by better spot. This best spot for garden and fountain. It out of way. Not many come here. It not filled with people. It good spot." He shook his head and snorted a couple of times before he backed up toward the door, as if escaping would mean he wouldn't have to move.

coded by natasha.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Rhevens Coldwater

Tags Silver- Silver- | Location: Body in Woods, FL

The look the young man gave her upon mentioning a werewolf costume told more than his words. He knew what she was talking about, however he attempted to laugh it off. "Eh-heh. Funny thing about the night fog, makes things look different. Think I've seen those weird uh.. visions too. Yeah."

He super sucked at lying, and in his dismay at his abysmal attempts to throw her off the trail, he very nearly reached for the hand. But seeing as how he was naked, and had previously had that hand there it wouldn't be very polite to take the offered hand. "Lost, yeah. Must be lost. Eh-heh."

Somewhat awkwardly, the young man turned and rolled his body so his front was facing the trunk of the tree. Only then did he move to stand up, hands braced against the tree to help himself rise, then cover himself once more before his head turned to regard her over a shoulder.

"I'm Rhevens." It sounded like ravens. "You uh.. don't have a towel or .. something, do you? You know, it's okay. I'll uh.. use this." Rhevens started to reach for the plant next to the tree but paused. "This.. isn't poison ivy, is it?"

As long as she said it wasn't, then Rhevens tore off one of the larger leaves. It would take a moment as it was a fresh, sturdy plant, but afterward, it would be used as 'cover'. If she said it was, then his hands would have to do the trick. "Eh-heh. Uh.. do you have anything I could.... borrow to uh.. not hang out so much?"

coded by natasha.

SILVER BLACKWOOD
Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Location: In the forest near her home.​

Unfortunately for Rhevens, Silver wasn’t one to be fooled easily and she can thank those that have attempted to do so with much more malicious motives for that. His stammering didn’t help his argument either. So he knew that they weren’t visions and he wasn’t lost after all? She wanted so badly to be direct but decided against it when he moved in a way that prevented her from seeing his loins, now showing her his bare back instead which had her crossing her arms at how awkward he was. For a werewolf, he sure acted like a normal human being quite well.

“I’m Silver.” A knowing chuckle left her lips at his question, his body language and face stating otherwise to her prior thought. “To be honest, I’ve never seen poison ivy around here. Feel free to cover yourself up with as much foliage you can find.” Her voice was almost a taunt, it was obvious she was testing him now. His next inquiry would be a bit more difficult to answer as she glanced back at her home in the distance, the ghost of a grimace being highlighted by the radiant red light around them. “I suppose I could grab you something. That depends on whether or not you were intending on telling me why you’re here. If you don’t answer, I guess I could just leave you to the mercy of the werewolf that seems to be lurking around here.”

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Morgan Feigh

Tags: Britt-21 Britt-21 Rhyme Rhyme Vinegar Bees Vinegar Bees | Location: ✈

Morgan essentially had shut down. With all the violence, blood, the whole realization he was sold by his brother and had no one left, it was too much to bear. The weight of it upon his soul was crushing, and if he hadn't shut down, the despair would have killed him.

Faeries could be very delicate folk, or the most frightening. Morgan was not frightening, he was the frightened. It might have been the result of being raised as a human, never once seeing the Hedge, or meeting other Fae types. Morgan always felt like the odd one no matter where he went, he just hadn't realized it was because everyone else were human, while he was something else.

As he stirred and stretched, there was likely some small specs of dust, but the adjustment made to his collar and cuffs did seem to be blocking most of it. Now there wasn't enough to affect someone with more than a passing, fleeting flash of emotion. For Morgan, all his emotions were heightened ten fold, especially when he heard the voice of someone he saw killed with his own two eyes.

The shriek he gave was otherworldly, it would have been ethereal if it hadn't been fueled by sheer, absolute terror as Morgan had looked and saw Roje moving around. For those who still had the goggles on, or had Fae Sight, ears were as flat as could be, but the fur was standing on end, including the fur on his tail.

Morgan attempted to get away, which wound up with his back in the nearest corner as he dug small claws on his hands into the sides, attempting to scale the wall in a frenzy to get away from the risen zombie.

coded by natasha.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Shia D'Shire

Shia watched as Evelyn headed out to particpate in the barbecue thanks to a rather unorthodox manner of greeting courtesy of Bug. It even had Shia chuckling. He did check in on Devlin, making sure the man didn't need anything.

Devlin was starting to have a rough time of it, the visions were swirling together more as the day was drawing to an end. He settled into a seat in the living room where he could still view the barbecue, gesturing with a hand for Shia to go enjoy himself.

Shia gave his father a bow and headed out in time to see Levi and Maylee showing off the jousting sticks. Oh boy. Normally, Shia might have gone over and suggested something else. But then he took a good look at the group.

Bug had gotten all huggy with Evelyn for a brief moment, and it didn't seem like the woman minded too terribly. Edwin and Allison were conversing, Chase and Leif were conversing. And the look on Levi and Maylee's face reflected joy for all appearances.

This might be the last night they do actually have joy, or peace of mind, much less the ability to enjoy cooking as good as Tilly's. Shia believed in having memories, making them, keeping them close for when the darkness of the world tried to beat down the front door with malicious intent. So, you know what? Fuck it.

"Okay. There are a couple of horses in the barn I can get saddled up. And how about this... the end winner... can see what it's like to ride a wyvern." And his grinned the widest grin yet.

coded by natasha.

Sleep wasn't the right word, exactly, but he managed to drift into something less than total consciousness. In a buzzing, half-mad state, he watched a specter of his own form digging its teeth into Maylee's neck while Indy shrieked at him that he was going to kill her, and the sound of the bones in her hand snapping played over and over on sickening loop while Roje brushed her fingers through his hair and lovingly declared him an abomination that she wished had never been born—

For a moment, he thought the scream that woke him was his own. With the breath hissing wildly in his throat, Coda looked feverishly around, only to see the so-called kitten attempting to clamber up a wall in terror. Deliriously, he wondered whether Morgan was trying to get away from him—he had certainly proven himself more than worthy of the title his mother had bestowed on him—but a quick aside glance told him that Roje had finally risen from the nap he had forced on her, rubbing irritably at her neck. He had told Indy what to expect earlier, but apparently no one had offered the same information to Morgan.

Not that the kid's comfort was much of his concern. He simply didn't appreciate the shrill screech piercing through the already-pounding ache in his brain.

Coda gritted his teeth and pressed a hand over his eyes to block out the light that made spots dance across his vision. There was a faint, deluded hope that, somehow, it had all been a dream: those pictures of that horrid-looking wolf on Key's computer. The weight of consequences smashing into him like a freight train. Even before that—the images of two mangled, blood-soaked bodies that had been seared into his psyche. Could that have been a dream, too?

Wake up, schoolboy.

It was all real, he knew. As real as the blood still seeped into Roje's clothes; as real as the white-hot terror in Morgan's desperate screams. Everywhere he went, he left a scene like this. Damage. Distress. Damnation.

He could almost feel Hell shivering in anticipation for when he finally arrived.

coda.

half-demon

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Rhevens Coldwater

Tags Silver- Silver- | Location: Dilemma in the Woods, FL

Rhevens closed one eye as his expression twisted into a grimace of self condemnation as he was totally called out on his bullshittery. "Eh-heh. Uh yeah. I.." He blew a bit of air out of his mouth, turning around with his back to the tree, hands still covering himself up.

"Look, Silver. I don't know why I'm here. I.. know how I got here, more or less? I uh.. Fuck." Maybe he should start looking for an exit stage left. "I'm not going to hurt anyone." Well.. "Eh-heh. As long as uh.. I'm not threatened. Midnight doesn't respond well to threats and.. that's likely what happened and..."

Rhevens' expression went through a myriad of changes, from the slow realization that he was 'caught', to the memory of what had occurred to bring him here, to concern that maybe she wasn't alone and this was all some stall tactic to keep him around.

"Eh-heh. I'll uh.. just go. That's fine. This is Florida. Someone streaking naked isn't new. I'll just be the new Florida Man. Yeah..." He started edging sideways to give him the berth around the tree needed to take off at a run.

coded by natasha.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Griffin Banks

Tags: Vinegar Bees Vinegar Bees Britt-21 Britt-21 Rhyme Rhyme

The scream made Banks actually jerk in his seat. However, soon as he realized what the sound was, where it was, and who it was coming from, he started to try and defuse the situation. Banks was moving out of his seat. "Morgan! Morgan, hey!"

Banks started to approach, hands held out to either side like one would do when trying to calm someone down, talk them off the ledge. The ledge being a corner in the airplane. Morgan was still screaming, eyes nearly bugging out of his head figuratively.

"Morgan. Look at me! Here!" Only it seemed like the Fae cat thing could not tear his eyes off zombie Roje. The screaming seemed to rise in pitch, and started to develop an echo, which developed another echo. It hurt the ears, the shrill sound, piercing, desperate and then...

It stopped. And Morgan wasn't seen climbing the walls any longer. Banks was looking down at the ground. "Holy... shit." Banks moved to whatever he was looking at, which was out of everyone's line of sight. He crouched down and a moment later stood up. "Uh.. wow."

When he turned around, cradled in his arms was a small black kitten. It was shaking and clung to Banks' arm with little claws. "I don't think your stuff works so well on Fae, Key."

coded by natasha.

Hayley.png
original.gif

Mentions/Interactions: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Location: Coven HQ

Right, right... He took things a different way than she intended and now she was scaring him a little from what the looks of it was. Sighing, she looked around the room "That's not what I meant, Sage. You're okay. You can stay here." her eyes landed right back on him "I keep forgetting the language barrier between us, so that's my fault for saying that wrong." now what was a good way to explain to him. Pursing her lips she shifted her positioning and tried a different approach "What I mean is, would Sage like to... not be bossed around by mean people anymore?" hopefully that would be an easier way for him to understand "Sage will not lose garden." she made sure to toss in, after all, she didn't want to make him feel like that the things he loved were being taken out of his hands. "I can talk to some people and see if Sage can be my best friend." if she said partner, she was afraid his Minotaur mind could have thought something else completely out of her control. So best friend was where she was going to put that line. While saying these things, she was using hand gestures, pointing to herself, him, and the room, etc.

"Sage can keep garden and come whenever he pleases, yeah?"
she asked, tilting her head slightly. Her stance, her tone of voice, and her expression were all calm, warm, and welcoming. Frightening him was the worst thing she could do and that was the last thing she wanted to do. Befriending was her goal right now with Sage. If it took a while, then so be it. It's just she wouldn't be able to do much tonight since she had to deal with that meeting. On top of that, she had no idea who had the reigns on the creature so she had to do more digging just to get what she wanted. I'm so busy and yet, I don't feel one ounce of stress. Guess that's the perk of being someone like me.

The scream, at first, drew the usual reaction from Winnie—a muffled yelp of her own, her back pressed shivering up against her seat, knees clambering up to her chest in reflexive defense. She was so dazedly startled that, for a moment, her brain couldn't process what had happened—then it clicked: Roje lumbering to an awakened state, Morgan gaping in horror. Had he not been told she was a vampire? Or did he not know that vampires could heal...?

When Banks leapt up in an attempt to calm Morgan down, Winnie scooted up even closer to the window, the yawning emptiness of sky below suddenly a sanctuary from the keening noise filling the plane's cabin. She dug her fingers into her ears as the noise rose higher, higher, finally settling at something reminiscent of a teakettle howling steam before it cut abruptly off.

Shivering, Winnie lowered her hands from her ears, the only sound now the pounding of her own blood. She folded her arms protectively around her shoulders as she watched Banks emerge from Morgan's seat—

Oh—!

There was a moment of bewilderment and then an unexpected flash of... well, not relief, but the closest she had come in a long while. A little black kitten, shivering with terror, was perched in Banks's arms.

Winnie felt a foolishly giddy tingle prickling at her chest. Oh, how she loved cats—she had long grown to associate them with little pockets of hope amid great valleys of despair. Slippery, clever, quick—cats, it seemed, could find their way out of even the stickiest situations. Her fondest memories of the last few decades were surreptitiously feeding and scratching the strays that congregated in the alley outside the manor, smiles tugging at her cheeks as they brushed lightly past, tails curling around her arms. She hated, hated, hated to be touched, and it so happened that most cats seemed to feel the same. Any touch between them had always been courteous and ephemeral, and over time, she had even warmed to it, relished the sensation of another living being existing beside her.

Oh, but she had had to be careful about washing up afterwards—the Lady didn't like it when she played with the cats...

Winifred, you stink of stray. Don't bother me again until you've washed away the stench.

For a moment, Winnie hesitated, her heart fluttering in her chest, and then she somewhat impulsively leapt to her feet, gingerly stepping into the aisle and catching up to Banks. Meekly, she tapped his shoulder.

"Um... Banks... could I... see Morgan for a moment?"

Nervously, she clasped her fingers together and fumbled them. "I have, um, some abilities that might help calm him down, I think..."

She handled Morgan as delicately as she might one of her Lady's priceless necklaces, carefully coiling her arms around him and tilting his little chin up toward her face. As usual, she needed to make eye contact for her powers to work, and she needed to be careful not to let any of her skin touch him, too—but between the long sleeves of her sweatshirt and her usual thick gloves, there was little danger.

"Shhh. It's okay, everything's okay." Winnie gently rocked the little kitten as her voice crooned in a song-like cadence. "I'm sorry you got scared. Roje isn't going to hurt you. She's a vampire, so she's just been healing, okay?" The smile that came to her lips felt strange, smaller than her desperate fake ones but somehow deeper. "You need time to heal, too. A lot of scary things have happened... so take the time you need to heal from it."

winnie sawyer.

psychic vampire

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Out Of Words

Acursed Fae | Current Timeline: May 15th

Tags: Vinegar Bees Vinegar Bees Rhyme Rhyme Britt-21 Britt-21

Key had settled in, knowing there would be a bit of a show later. He did actually doze for a little while. Either he had been asleep, or chose to pretend to be asleep when Roje first spoke, either way, he was grateful he had been awake when Morgan had his meltdown. Hearing that shriek while one was asleep was enough to turn any dream into a nightmare in seconds.

Key nearly moved to take care of it, but Banks was already standing and attempting to deal with the screaming Fae. This he watched closely, though he moved very little during this. When the Fae just sort of ... imploded, then Key did sit up. He was in the process of standing to go see what sort of mess he now had to order someone else to clean up, when Banks turned around.

The kitten was obviously Morgan, but it was both intriguing and dismaying to see the suppression units needed even more fine tuning for Fae. Pfft. "Looks that way. Thank you Banks." Key waited for Winnie to take the kitten and the two of them... three of them, settle back into the seats, before going to inspect the corner.

There was a lot of black fur, Morgan's human clothing, and the collar and cuffs. Hrm. Key collected the collar and cuffs, while gesturing for the nearby flight attendant to clean up the rest. Once he returned to his seat, he started to examine the items, jotting down notes.

coded by natasha.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Sage

Tags Hayley Britt-21 Britt-21 | Location: Coven HQ

Sage relaxed slowly, but he did start to relax as Hayley explained it in a different way. The goofy smile began to show itself, and if he had been in his true form, you bet those ears would be twirling like twin windmills. "Sage.. never had.. best friend."

He started to nod his head, moving to sit down on the bench closest to Hayley's position. Sage tried to always keep in mind his height difference and be less... him whenever possible. "Sage keep garden and tend to plants, yes. Sage like."

Hands stopped rubbing the top of his head, and instead fidgeted with a nearby plant. "Sage not like being bossed all time. Some nice when do. Some not so nice when do. Sage not move fast. Sometimes.. takes a little longer than they like Sage to move."

Oh, but he did want to stress, "Sage not mind all jobs have do. Some nice. Some jobs Sage feel good doing. Sage can keep those, yes?" It was very important to him, that he still be able to make pretty fountains for people. And he didn't mind making rooms, if they let him shape it as the rock and stone wanted to be shaped instead of some ugly thing they thought of first.

coded by natasha.

Roje.png
1596125082208.png
Interaction/Mentions: Out Of Words Out Of Words Vinegar Bees Vinegar Bees Rhyme Rhyme | Location: Plane -> Coven HQ

Of course no one had replied to her, but her ears were met with a scream that could give someone a heart attack. Her head had shot up to look at Morgan as he screamed, causing her look to go from just pure discomfort to anger. "What the hell Morgan shut up!" she shouted at him as he continued to look at her as if she had some kind of issue wrong with her face. She shot up in attempt to intimidate the kid to shut the hell up, but instead the plane spun more and her hand grasped the chair by her. Her hand clenching tightly onto it to keep her balance as her eyes closed. Banks tried to take care of the situation himself, but only made it worse. Morgan's screaming becoming so high pitched it was actually messing with her own hearing. Hell, the vampire couldn't even think. Quickly Roje put her hands over her ears to block out the ear piercing scream that was actually starting to echo within her mind. Causing her own head to hurt. This mother fucking kid can be in opera or some shit with that scream. she thought, but fell on literal deaf ears before it stopped as if someone hit the mute button on his ass. Did someone punch the kid in the mouth? Punch his throat? Just to answer her own questions, she opened her hazel eyes and looked at the scene before her.

Morgan wasn't anywhere to be seen, but in fact there was now a cat in Bank's arms. Her eyes shifted to the black hair that was practically everywhere and the trinkets that kept Morg from emitting dust. Her gaze went back to the cat as he was passed over to Winnie. Damn, what the hell did he do? Did he hit another spectrum of how to shift? Holy fuck. her hands had dropped but she didn't stop leaning on the chair she had grasped earlier. After overhearing Winnie, she let out a sarcastic huff of a laugh "I'm not going to hurt him? The Kitten practically blasted my ears out!" she shouted, though regretted it as she closed her eyes again and took a deep breath "Thank God I'm a vampire so I'm not permanently hard of hearing." her tone was softer as she sat back on the bed, raising her eyebrow and opening an eye, looking at Coda and Indy "You two have been eerily quiet. Surprising coming from you both." it was clear she had no energy behind her words like she usually would. Now with a headache, barely being able to hear, and her weakened state, there was not much she could do to back up her statements and smart remarks. It was weird in all honesty. Out of character almost.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back