Advice/Help A newbs cry for tips

Jel.XP

Professional Goofball
Hi. I’m new to this website but I’m not so new to Roleplaying. I used to Roleplay on the website but it was one of those children’s virtual world website. MSP in their forum section. So I’m not very used to how detail and advanced the roleplaying is on here. But I’m very excited and enthusiastic about joining in. If anyone has any tips on how I can grow and on where’s to find character photos and how to be very detailed. I would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you so much.

Hello there, and welcome to RPN! Worry not, we are very open minded here and we have all kinds of people. Even if you can't fit into the most detail-oriented roleplays, there are still plenty of casual roleplayers and simple roleplayers who would gladly take you in and show how fun those types can be too!

That said, if you wish to improve your capacity for detail, beyond the obvious "practice and put real effort into it" recommendations, I can also recommend researching. Look up things about writing , research on topics and really think through what you're writing and it's themes. On RPN specifically there is also a handy guide by StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 on the topic of detail. Lastly, plan things ahead. The better you understand how things are, how you want them to become , the more your story is well-constructed and well thought out, the easier it will be to not only use detail, but use it well.

As for where to find photos, I dunno. I take most of what I use out of google, but I don't use photos, I use anime faceclaims.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, lemme know! Good luck and happy RPing!

Thank you so much. That was very helpful and so nice. It's nice to be welcomed into a community with open arms. I really appreciate that. I'll be sure to take your advice and use it to grow. Thanks so much.

For the image question.

If your worried about copyright on your photos I recommend

For Real Images
- pexels.com , pixabay.com
- Flickr.com/CreativeCommons

For Illustration
- dolldivine.com
-azaeleasdolls.com

If you don’t care about copyright (not a lot of people do tbh) than I recommend

For Real Images
- lookbook.nu
- googling tumblr face claim directory