• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dead - Not going to continue - Sorry :)

TurtlexXxNation

Lady Turtle

News of the discovery spreads like wildfire. Ambitious lords, zealous high priests and enterprising merchants draw their plans fervently. The docks of the cities blaze with activity, as ships are outfitted for long journeys and word goes out at every village square and tavern throughout the kingdom. The New World has been found and the rush to claim and colonize it has begun! A brave group of adventurers joins the first expedition to make landfall in the New World. They will have to overcome unique challenges and threats unheard of in the known world. Their greatest enemy is not an evil adversary or corrupt king. It is the unknown. The unknown land that stretches endlessly past the horizon: the unknown inhabitants of the New World and most importantly the unknown decisions that will ensure the safety and prosperity of the fledgling colony. There are many possible futures for the adventurers and the colony but most paths end in failure and death. The adventurers must choose wisely or they will not survive the first winter.

This is a roleplay that has extreme flexibility. In essence, this can be compared to real life historical events such as the founding of the "New World" that is now known as the Americas.

THIS IS A FICTIONAL ROLEPLAY. Historical accuracy goes flying out the flippin' window! :)

There will be rules on posting limits each day so that players who are not online all day, every day, will have a chance not to be lost in a sea of posts. Don't worry, I won't make it only 1 or 2 a day. It will be reasonable, but most likely no more than 8 or 10 posts... that is for EACH player, not in total. I will be trusting everyone that they will adhere to this limit once it is set. I want everyone to have equal opportunity to remain caught up with the goings on and not have their posts lost to the nether-region because of so many posting all at once or something like that.

I will have probably 2 or 3 groups (or "Colonies") that will have a set number of people in those colonies (still to be determined). There will be official roles, such as colony leaders, treasurers, shipwrights, merchants, farmers, etc. that will be capable of playing. Note: These characters are side characters, not main. Main characters will be those charged with exploring the New World. There will be less Main characters than there will be Side characters, but that will be okay. You can play a "Main" and a "Side" or just one or the other. It is entirely up to you.

--I will also include a few minor roles that will be for the Originating Country to help me "plot" events. These will NOT be RP Roles, but setting and plot roles. For a bit of help. :)

Most Side Characters will have little chance to go beyond the Colony land, but I'm sure there will still be something for those characters to do.

I will keep track of Time of Day, and the Seasons because this is highly dependent on day to day life. (Aka, this is a SLICE OF LIFE type RP)

Please note: The technology of the time is low. Think much like the colonists of North America conquering the Wild West.

Horses and wagons will be the only mode of transportation other than walking.
Primitive guns and cannons, but rarely. Mostly will be swords, daggers, arrows, etc. for weaponry.
Leather, cotton, and primitive forms of fabric for clothing, and iron or steel for Armors.
Letters are carried by bird, or foot.

NON HUMAN RACES ARE WELCOME!
I will, in fact, have a list of races and their descriptions for all players to choose from!
Some will be listed as ONLY found in the New World, but most will be Colonists.

Can I play some leader of the original inhabitants of the Americans? Who posseses magic?

This seems interesting! I'm in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back