• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom A New Westeros; Game of Throne RP.

Given the number of dragon related posts may I suggest they use balista as their primary weapon?

Balistas are neat, but I'm not sure how many people would have dragons in mind when building defenses what with Drogon being the last living dragon known to the world (although it wouldn't be unfeasible seeing as they managed to come back after a 300 year absence).

My character won't be starting out with world domination in mind. Depending on his backstory, he's raising the dragon so that he can gain independence from his family and escape (after all, you need a crew for a ship, but single person can ride a dragon). His reasoning isn't perfect, and he'll have to learn to accept that running isn't an option and sometimes you have to pick a side or eventually someone will make the choice for you. I'd say he's more likely to have his loyalty swayed to a specific person, rather than a banner or crown.

A ballista would punch through a ship or most siege engines wouldn’t it?
Depends on the size. A smaller ballista, called a scorpion, would more or less be the medieval equivalent of a heavy machine gun. Great against infantry, not great against punching down walls. Larger ones could be used to break down walls, with some even being used in the stead of catapults, especially by the Roman Empire.

I haven't seen the OP go online since Friday. I assume someone will take over if ever the OP is still offline (inactive)?

Kinda wish their would be more mythical creatures in the series besides dragons...a griffon or manticore maybe

Nothing huge just something else besides fire breathing lizard-

I'm a little worried, since the GM is a new member and hasn't been back since Thursday.

Something themed for each various house

I'd love for Baratheon cav to be riding massive war elk, due to their house relation

Hmmm.....I mean, with the wall gone, maybe some species migrated from beyond the wall towards the south and it included Moose or a giant species of elk that your character managed to tame (you actually can ride moose irl). Or perhaps they only come south with the arrival of winter.

In the books I believe Shaggydog is mentioned to be hunting unicorns, so it's possible that some more fantasy-esque creatures do exist, they just happen to live in remote areas away from humans.

Hmmm.....I mean, with the wall gone, maybe some species migrated from beyond the wall towards the south and it included Moose or a giant species of elk that your character managed to tame (you actually can ride moose irl). Or perhaps they only come south with the arrival of winter.

In the books I believe Shaggydog is mentioned to be hunting unicorns, so it's possible that some more fantasy-esque creatures do exist, they just happen to live in remote areas away from humans.

Fair enough actually

I mean direwolf are real creatures and are just huge wolves so why wouldn't things like Meglocerous be around? Btw Megaloceros is an extinct species of deer, that stood up to seven feet at the shoulder (2.1 meters), with antlers spanning up to 12 feet (3.65 meters) and weighing about 1,500 pounds or 680 Kilograms...slap some armor on that thing and you've got a dangerous shock calvery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back