• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom A New Westeros; Game of Throne RP.

Agincourt is probably worth a google. Very good exampleof what happens when people bring nobility to a long bow fight

Yea I guess but Im a sucker for the cool factor, I just....eh ranged combat for me always lacked the impact and sheer badassery of mono e mono physical clashes.

Two men's power colliding to see which is greater.

Compared to some jackass sniping you in the back of the skull from a bush or tree branch

Doesn't scratch the same itch for me

But then again

What kinda purpose does being cool serve?

Agreed, yet a seasoned bowman hitting his mark from a distance beyond effective range would also be rather awesome.

Is Legolas not a cool dude?

I mean, dont get me wrong, my character is all about trying to be an amazing Knight too, but id rather fight smart and live than fight nobel and be a glorius corpse

True true. Again, my character is going to be exactly that sorta Knight so they should get along like a house on fire.

Assuming there's an open spot I will be sliding into House Baratheon and be playing a upcoming lord that kinda hates the idea of being a lord.

He is a mammoth of a man (Not quite like the mountain but pretty damn close) who has been raised and molded by the battlefield and feels almost uncomfortble when not raising his weapon against something so the idea of sitting in some stuffy throne room deciding the fate of his citizens is incredibly foreign to him.

He just wishes to have a good fight and go down swinging not as some decrepit old bastard on a throne, Im thinking of a potential story arc where he purposefully fakes his own death but leaves a trusted friend in charge and sneaks off outside the kingdom to search out bigger and better battles.

I like the idea, gives me Robert Baratheon vibes lol

Perhaps he could find the love of the common people? Being not akin to the high born nonsense, maybe he could appreciate the austere part of life?

I like the idea, gives me Robert Baratheon vibes lol

Perhaps he could find the love of the common people? Being not akin to the high born nonsense, maybe he could appreciate the austere part of life?

Thats a great idea, I was kinda hoping for a potential warrior woman character similar to Brienne of Tarth cause that would so much more be his type than the stuffy "oh no my dress is muddy how will I survive" type of noblewoman that....now that Im thinking of it we don't have alot of
Im only on season 4 so maybe that kinda woman will be introduced later but I doubt it

I like that. I have something a little bit similiar in mind. Less a case of hating the idea of being a leader but very much someone who wants to be his own man. Member of the Daynes of High Hermitage [the cadet branch of the famous Daynes] Rasied by parents who wanted him to the the Sword of Morning. So driven hard all day every day to be perfect. Pretty good fighter, enjoys the training and the skill required to be a knight, but really hates the constant pressure to be someone elses ideal.

My Stark is a bit too worried about his duties. He's a bit or a stick in the mud and all he wants is to be the best leader he can for his people

Thanks man

Thats sounds like a very compelling kind of character
I like that. I have something a little bit similiar in mind. Less a case of hating the idea of being a leader but very much someone who wants to be his own man. Member of the Daynes of High Hermitage [the cadet branch of the famous Daynes] Rasied by parents who wanted him to the the Sword of Morning. So driven hard all day every day to be perfect. Pretty good fighter, enjoys the training and the skill required to be a knight, but really hates the constant pressure to be someone elses ideal.

My Blackfyre’s more of a clever schemer than a fighter, although he’s good at that too. Sorta molding himself after the Conqueror and his sister-wives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back