• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A New Type of RP

SubstituteHero

Enemy Stand User
Alright, so here's the deal. I want to make an rp where your character is a god. No, not an rp where I ask you to choose a Greek god or whatever pantheon it is you kids are into these days. Not even one where I give you a list of causes you can serve and a modern-day version of our Earth that needs some divine intervention. No, we're going to play a creation myth.

How, you ask? Well, I've made up a table of items infused with divine might to randomly give you the means to be a deity. It has a few items and general themes for its powers for the player to use, and I've gone ahead and included a table for random followers later in the rp. At the beginning of the thread, I'll distribute these randomly generated items to your characters, who are newly-born gods in the midst of an unformed world. I'll give you the beginning of the formation of the world, then it will be yours to explore and shape as you please, creating the legends that your subjects will speak when you find them.

It will not be a simple interaction-driven board so much as a loose plot line with different phases. So I won't really be playing a character as much as I will be giving details on the forming world as players interact with it. As stated, the board begins at the creation stage, when all is simple ether, and enters a phase of uncertainty and great beasts that rise from the void.

Would anyone be interested in taking part in this rp?

(Side note: Here's the doc that houses the random tables and explanations. It also has starting packages that're pretty self explanatory. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eDvBqkZTaIVylAyFPQ2UR-dYPl9-bXQaFNP_qgzMwJs/edit?usp=sharing )

This sounds friggin awesome. 
Can we create life? And the void beasts, will he have to fight them? Alongside our creations? :o This sounds like awesome.

Hey, thanks! Well, I'll sort of give opportunities for people to be formed from existing consciousness. The individuals will come in an amount and type that I randomly roll, then leave everything else up to your shaping. It's the best balance I can think of to let it be "your world" without allowing unlimited cities of supersoldiers. And the beasts from the void will be treated like ancient monsters from other theologies. The leviathan, the hydra, any example from mythology will mirror what these things are. You can take your subjects into battle, maybe establish yourself as a god-king, or go the route of the divine guardian and keep them from harm.

Could the void be like Chaos Daemons too? :D And do our subjects have to be human? But this is an amazing idea. Seriously.

Well, I can see just about any force of any alignment being pulled from nothingness, and generally they'll be the ones who's group is most threatened. The beauty of this is that a lawful party will absolutely destroy chaotic things who have committed all sort of heresy, while an evil group of gods would trounce the vengeful paladins from the void. Actually, it's very unlikely that your subjects will be human. I have a table of a list of traits to roll up, and only one out of the 10 basic forms is humanoid. So it's the same likelihood that they'll be amorphous or insectoid or something. I'm glad to hear that you think so! I've been trying out a few different rp projects to see if they'd stick, but this one seemed like a lot of fun to me.

I really hope a few more rp'ers see it and enjoy the concept. I'm glad for the positive feedback, so maybe there's a chance this'll turn out to be a fun one if it keeps up!

Well, I'm really pleased that there's been such good exposure. I'm definitely starting this, but I have a trip over the weekend, so I'm going to be starting the board itself when I return on the next week, most likely. I apologize for the delay, but it's sort of an issue of wanting to start strong without a weekend break to get back from.

Alright, so here's the deal. I want to make an rp where your character is a god. No, not an rp where I ask you to choose a Greek god or whatever pantheon it is you kids are into these days. Not even one where I give you a list of causes you can serve and a modern-day version of our Earth that needs some divine intervention. No, we're going to play a creation myth.

How, you ask? Well, I've made up a table of items infused with divine might to randomly give you the means to be a deity. It has a few items and general themes for its powers for the player to use, and I've gone ahead and included a table for random followers later in the rp. At the beginning of the thread, I'll distribute these randomly generated items to your characters, who are newly-born gods in the midst of an unformed world. I'll give you the beginning of the formation of the world, then it will be yours to explore and shape as you please, creating the legends that your subjects will speak when you find them.

It will not be a simple interaction-driven board so much as a loose plot line with different phases. So I won't really be playing a character as much as I will be giving details on the forming world as players interact with it. As stated, the board begins at the creation stage, when all is simple ether, and enters a phase of uncertainty and great beasts that rise from the void.

Would anyone be interested in taking part in this rp?

(Side note: Here's the doc that houses the random tables and explanations. It also has starting packages that're pretty self explanatory. Tables and Rules )
I'm interested

I LOVE this idea ! I'm already in a God rp that had already started and really like it so playing something similar absolutely interest me ! Will they be a discord or will this stay on rpn ?

I don't want to be that guy, but the user that made this thread was last seen in 2017. This thread was created in 2014.

so uh, it's probably not gonna start any time soon

I don't want to be that guy, but the user that made this thread was last seen in 2017. This thread was created in 2014.

so uh, it's probably not gonna start any time soon
Wat
How come it appeared in recruit so high in the posts ????

This guy. Don’t know how they found, but that’s what it is! Threads with recent replies get bumped, that’s why you saw it. Make sure to check the post date on a post.
oof
Thank you for the info, well too bad I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back