• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A New Neverland (with Khaspian)

ZoneyGirl

Caffeine Addict
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Isabelle fingers twirled the metal garnish stick around the cup. Staring at the martini in front of her, hips swaying as the band was starting to warm up for the night. They were lucky they manage to smuggle the case of liquor under the nose of the Jolly Rogers. It took work, they held the upper hand on getting booze in town. They had more places to drink and spend time with pretty women. Not that she would allow the Lost Boys to sink to that level. Women had ranking in the Lost Boys, she made sure of it.

"Tink, you gonna just day dream or tell me if the drink is good or not," the bartender pulled the blonde haired woman out of the thought. The pair of brilliant blue eyes looked at the dark skinned man as he cleaned his hands off on his apron. Putting his hands on the counter and waiting for her. "I ain't ever make one before, so not sure if I did it right. I can make you a Bee's Knees or Melon Ball that will blow your socks off though."

Isabelle smirked and raised the glass to her lips. Taking a sip of the cocktail, it wasn't a usual martini. Something new to cover up the taste of the bathtub gin. A lemon drop. A sugar crusted glass and the drink was sour but sweet once it mixed with the sugar. Fresh squeezed lemonade and the right amount of gin. It left the burn in her chest. "Not bad Caleb. Add a bit more gin and we should be good."

Neverland, the towns newest jazz club. She was hoping it would be the hottest spot in town and judging from the business from their two soft opens. They would be a prime spot. Stealing plenty of people from Hook and the Jolly Rogers. The woman stood out from the other girls that were setting up for the night. A pair of brown town pants, a white button up tucked into theme. A bold red vest finished the outfit off. Her hair pulled back into a bun and a cap sat on the counter next to her. People took her more seriously when she dressed masculine.

"Well, I should get ready for tonight. Heard Hook himself is coming and his arm candy is that singer of his," she gulped down the drink. Eating the candied lemon that was stuck to the garnish stick. "Make sure we have extra security on the floor. Set up our VIP lounge. We want him to feel at home. Peter wants to say...hello."

With that the blonde moved to the back office of the club. Heading to Peter's office, not bothering to knock as she walked in. A smile on her lips as she sauntered over to his desk. Sitting on the edge of it as she raised a hand to pull her hair free from the bun. The blonde locks falling soft waves over her shoulders. "Are we ready for tonight? Impress Hook, maybe try to steal that star singer of his. I haven't heard or seen her yet, but this town talks big about 'the Darling'," she moved her hand to snag a few of the nuts on his desk. "Caleb will make sure the club is ready. We should get dressed though. I have your suit ready. Matches my dress of course."

She walked over to the wardrobe, grabbing the pressed suit the she ordered for the night. Dark grey in color with a darker grey vest. A green pocket square that was in the same color as her dress. The grey would also compliment it, having the blue pop more. "We did it Peter. You opened Neverland. Making dreams come true, right?"

Isabelle didn't care as she closed the door to the office. Changing into her own dress. The bold blue, body forming dress with silver and white bead work. The latest in fashion. She fixed up her hair, sliding on a pair of stockings and silver heels. "Hottest spot in town. Offer his singer better money and a girl would have a hard time saying no. Not that you ever have issues with a woman denying you," she teased. Sitting down at the small vanity she had in the office to do her make up for the night. Taking her time as they had some to burn before the club would be opening. They did just plan to have a small meeting with everyone working tonight. It was their grand opening after all.

It was rare Wendy had a Friday night off. Generally she was singing in the club, not that she minded a Friday off. She was going to enjoy the music for once, a new club was opening up. Bringing a jazz band all the way from New Orleans, swearing they were going to be the hottest place for jazz. While James was usually good at not having Wendy worry about his business. It was easy to see a new place opening that could steal his customers was getting to him. Small things she picked up after growing close to the man. When you shared a bed with someone, you learned the small things. She was sure James knew a few of hers by now.

He had gotten a new dress for the night. A one of a kind piece that was sure to have a lot of eyes on her. A matching silver necklace with a few diamonds, matching earrings and a bracelet. Not doubt he wanted to show off a bit. That much never changed about men, they always would compete with each other. She saw it with James and Samuel when it came to cards or pool. Even her brother when Michael was alive. She looked over at the picture on her vanity. Her mother and father smiling and happy. The three kids in front with the same expressions. Simpler times.

"Well James, I will admit the new dress is lovely," she looked over herself in the mirror. She completed the look with a pair of white gloves and a beige fur coat for warmth. Long red hair curled to be shoulder length and bounce with ever step she took. "I don't even want to picture the cost, but sure to be the only girl with one like this."

Her attention was grabbed by a knock on the door. "Must be Samuel," James business partner and old friend. They served together in the war, it must have made a bond that was hard to break. She still wasn't sure with Samuel liked her or not, but he was never rude. Just never friendly either, but he was that way with everyone. It could just be brushed off he wasn't a friendly man until someone broke through the shell. "I'll invite him in. Do have a small bit to eat before we leave. Kathy is making us a few things, know how you boys want to talk before heading out. Just promise not to burn this place down. We might get ideas for new music."

She smiled and moved downstairs to the sitting room where Samuel was seated after one of the staff let him in. Dressed in a nice suit and brought out the carved ivory handled cane.

"You are looking lovely this evening, Ms. Darling," he stood as she entered the room, smoothing out the dark blue suit jacket. A subtle black pinstripe to the suit. "Glad to see that dress came in. Straight from New York, took us some work to get it here on time."

"Thank you Samuel, can I get you drink?"

She poured a glass of scotch for Samuel, the two taking a seat as they waited for James to come down. A small dinner planned and then off to Neverland. The name of the club oddly bittersweet. Memories of her childhood with Peter. It brought up the curious question of what did happen to him after she moved away.

Peter sat in his office, dull wallpaper clinging to the walls, pairing with the desk scattered with papers. Glasses sat at the bridge of his nose, which he peered through to see the sharp letters on the papers before him. Every so often the male would be content with the page he held between his fingers, and pass it aside, sometimes with an extra stroke of the pen. The light that lit these pages was little, only one or two lamps lighting the room, he liked it that way. To the right of the scattered sheets was a small glass of whiskey, only lightly touched by Peter.

Around the male's body he wore a deconstructed suit, mainly lacking a vest and suit jacket. This only left his dress shirt, which is neatly folded at the wrists, and his suspenders which was tight over his shoulders. It was obvious that the male had been sitting there for awhile, as his once neatly slicked back hair was beginning to wilt forward.

As the door to the office opened, Peter's eyes shifted to gaze towards it, contemplating for a moment before removing his glasses. Placing his glasses on the table, as well as the page he held in his hand, he leaned back and gazed at the female. What the other did was not unusual, so it didn't appear to bother the male. Instead, it grabbed his attention, especially as she had sauntered over and found a place on his desk. Leaning forward the male grasped the glass of whiskey, to avoid spillage as well allowing him to take a sip. After, he returned to leaning back in his chair.

"Everything should be in order," The male breathed, resting his arm against his chair, swirling the glass in his hand. "I tasted some of the newer batches, personally, as well as checked over a few of the other plans." He watched as she stood, and moved away from the desk over to the wardrobe. Soon after he stood from his seat as well, placing the glass back on the table. "As it should be." Peter commented as she brought out the suit, eyeing it over before taking it from her hands. He gazed up back at her, a soft grin forming on his face, "Of course, let's make tonight a night to remember."

Stepping back the male moved over to an armchair that was closer to his desk. Laying the suit across the chair, he smoothed out the shirt that he wore before slipping on the grey vest. For only a moment the female had caught his eye, but he easily brushed it off and continued to button up his vest. Finally he slipped on the jacket, as well as a matching tie to go along with it.

"You know me too well," He responded playfully, letting out a breath as he adjusted his suit and stepped over to his desk. Pulling a comb and a small mirror from one of the drawers he combed his hair back. Once that was finished the male briefly tided his desk before pulling out two pocket pistols, loading them and then moving over to Isabelle. "Take this, you'll never know when you need it." Peter said, leaning down beside her, sliding a pistol onto the vanity.

---- ---- ----

People who knew James well knew how to read his expressions. Though, most of his emotions were hidden by smiles, there were small differences that gave him away. Currently he was annoyed yet excited. Not only was someone opening their doors and challenging him, they were claiming that they were going to overtake him immediately. In a way it hyped him up, ready to see if they were really starting out strong, or if they are actually quite the weak opponent. Another way that give his little spike in emotions was the gold watch that wrapped around his wrist. When the male was deep in thought, was excited, or thinking of a challenge he would lightly touch it. It was the same thing with the ring around his fingers. There were only two present, but they showed an obvious wealth that he had. One was located on his right hand, on his middle finger. It was a thick ring made of gold in the middle of it was a large, square ruby. Beside it, on his index finger was a thinner gold ring.

Currently the male was dressed in a black suit with white pinstripes, which some would say was a rather interesting choice, but James was an interesting man. The suit jacket had four buttons and a red tie was around his neck. Multiple areas were accented with gold chains or just gold in general. This included his cuff-links as well as a chain across his vest, which was only apparent as his suit was currently unbuttoned.

"Only the best for such a lovely woman, no price is too high for you." James remarked playfully, moving closer to Wendy and standing behind her as she gazed into the mirror. His hands were positioned in his pocket, as he scanned over her, proud with his own decisions. The male let his eyes follow her as she moved away, stepping towards a table nearby. From the table he picked up a pocket pistol, cigars, and a tin of mints. "Anything you say Wendy my dear." He chuckled.

Once Wendy had left the room he slipped the pistol, cigars, and mints into his suit, and slowly buttoned up his suit jacket. Before he was to follow her he had to look his best, which also included slicking back his hair. His go-to product for this was obviously pomade. James was ready to head downstairs, which he promptly began to do.

Making his way down stairs to the waiting room, he raised his arms happily. "Samuel!" He cheered, making his way over to where Wendy and Samuel were, stopping by where Wendy had placed the bottle of Scotch, pouring himself some as well. Then the male settled down in an empty chair, lounging rather casually. "Do you have anything for me Samuel?" He inquired happily, "Any news? Good? Bad?" James took a sip from his scotch, a grin apparent on his features.

Isabelle looked over at Peter as he placed the small piston the vanity. Setting the powder down and chuckling lightly. "And where do you expect me to put that?" She had little options with the dress shew as wearing. Usually Isabelle could be armed and she usually was, but the short, body con dress meant she couldn't hide it anywhere on her. "You'll just have to make sure that I don't shot if you all break into shooting each other," but she was hoping for a civil evening. Get to know their rival a bit, find weaknesses and places to exploit. That was her plan for the evening.

She went back to getting ready for the evening. Applying her make up carefully. Bold colors for her eyes and a deep black bit of eyeliner back the bright blues jump out for the blonde locks that framed her face. A deep red lipstick finished off her make up. Her jewelry was a tiered necklace of turquoise, onyx, and few other precious stones that played off the colors of her dress. A matching pair of earrings and a few rings. The outfit looked expensive, but it was rather budget friendly. The jewelry had no gemstones just stones that looked nice. Carefully crafted by a skilled member of the gag.

"Shall we go make sure everyone knows what they are doing," she stood up and moved to smooth out Peter's tie and line up his vest with his jacket. Her hands lingering on his chest. Their relationship was more involved than just running a gang, people had needs. They made sure that the other was satisfied with life. Peter meant a lot to her, but Isabelle was always bad at showing just how much he meant. More than a business partner and bed mate. "Time to show them we mean business."

Isabelle left the office, heading back into the main part of the club. Everyone working tonight arrived, the kitchen staff having made them a good dinner. The cocktail waitresses were sitting and eating together. Cracking jokes and relaxing a bit before their night would start. The bartenders were finishing getting the bar set up. Their bouncers and guards had cigarettes and were lounging out, waiting for their orders.

"Well, looks like we are all here. Peter and I have a few words before we open up the doors. Expect everyone to do their best work tonight. We have a lot of impressions to make, folk here to see what we are worth. That does mean folk will be here to sniff out weaknesses, we can't have them see it. Everyone has the short list of VIP clients. Most are just businessmen of the town, one no one is to handle but myself and Peter. All know of the Jolly Rogers, their leader will be here. He'll be playing businessman and so shall we," Isabelle sat down on a stool and tapped her fingers on a table. Peter was better at the motivational speeches, she was better at making sure people did their jobs. Got down to the brass text of it all. "Sure Peter has a few words for you all. After that we open."

*** *** ***​
"So you've told me. Still not used to suck lavish gifts you know," she had lived a more luxurious life before her mother died, but it wasn't this lavish. Her father always had a habit to spend more of it on himself than his family. Most of it in the form of gambling and drinking, but he hadn't lost it all then. Her mother kept him in check and made sure the family came first. That was a long time ago though.

As James came down, Samuel stood up to greet the man. After the war they were close, the men shared physical affection just fine. Embraces were nothing new for the two soldiers. He got comfortable in the seat once James had a drink. Raising his own glass to his lips and looked over at Wendy, who stood up as the two men were about to talk business. James hid his true line of work from the woman and Samuel could see why. At the same time, it was an obvious weak point for the man. Few dared to exploit her, no doubt fearing the wrath that would come from James.

"I'll check on dinner," Wendy excused herself.

They were alone and Samuel relaxed, spinning his cane in his hand. "I wouldn't say anything too good or too bad. Still don't have much on who runs the Lost Boys. Do a good job at hiding their names, just like we do. Second in command goes by Tinkerbell and sounds like they might be a woman," the thought left a bit of a sour taste in his mouth. A woman in such a place, Samuel was a bit too old school to see them in places like that. "They also got booze in from an outside source. I have some men looking into that, take care of the dealer. Get them in our hands, force Neverland to buy booze through us," it meant that a full on turf war would be a bad move for the Lost Boys. If they wanted to run a club and have it be successful they had to get smuggled booze in. Only way to hold a stable crowd.

"We lost our weapons contact. Ain't sure if they are alive or not, maybe just offered more money to move somewhere else. The Lost Boys took that bit from us," he sighed heavily and finished off his drink. Wendy came back in and he knew better than to openly talk about gang work. "The new piano and bass should be in next week," Samuel switched to other business talk. The fronts that Wendy believed to be the true source of James's wealth.

"Dinner gentlemen, and we then off to the music."

Dinner would be quick and the car was waiting to take them directly to Neverland. Able to skip the line and just enter, their name was on the list after all.

Samuel and James both armed and having another agenda on their minds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back