• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom A New Life (A Skyrim Roleplay)

Wylrin

"You've met with an unfortunate fate, haven't you? A prisoner here in Markarth, sentenced to life pounding rocks in the mine. And no one escapes Cidhna Mine. It would seem you are at your story's end. But it does not have to be so. My employer would see to it that you are given a chance at a new life, one of sworn fealty to me. Do not worry. I believe your employment would be mutually beneficial to the both of us. My master cares little for material wealth, but that is something quite appealing to you, isn't it? I can bail you out of here, your freedom expanded upon and your future filled with a promise of fortune." He pauses in his speech, then murmurs, "This is not a decision I expect any of you to come to immediately. Sleep on it. I will return on the morrow's morn."

---

You are a prisoner of Cidhna Mine. Perhaps a petty thief of jewels, perhaps one who relinquishes others of their souls. Perhaps a bandit who stepped unwittingly into a guard's trap, perhaps a devout worshipper of a forbidden god. Maybe you're even innocent. Whoever you are, it does not change the fact that you will ultimately meet your fate in the mine.

Only you might not.

A small, unassuming man of the Breton race garbed in higher class civilian clothing arranged a meeting between himself, you, and the others locked away in confinement. He spoke his piece, his mild-mannered dialogue perhaps putting you at ease or perhaps raising your suspicion. Regardless of your impression of the man, he has made an offer that cannot be taken lightly.

It is far into the night, but you're only now permitted to sleep. Maybe you will manage to rest. Perhaps you will excitedly ponder over this opportunity by yourself, or discuss it with your fellow prisoners.

Either way, tomorrow will be a big day.

Post Length: At least a paragraph is preferable, and multiple paragraphs is ideal, but this won't be strictly enforced. I've found that less is more in certain roleplay scenarios, such as dialogue-heavy interactions, so while a certain length is preferred and encouraged, it isn't a strict requirement.

Posting Frequency: I would like for this to be a roleplay that moves at a decent pace. A post every day at a minimum would be nice, but again, it's not a set requirement. I'd like for people to be able to post at a frequency that's comfortable and doable for them, though I understand that, in the interests of keeping the roleplay running, people can't just disappear for extended lengths of time. So I'd like to at the very least make it a requirement for an individual to let everyone know when they might have to take a break for a certain length of time.

Characters: I'd prefer to leave the Dragonborn out of this roleplay simply for fairness and so one character doesn't have a significant advantage over others. Werewolves and vampires are allowed, but I'll be making sure that these characters are on a similar playing field to the other characters. Aside from that, let your imagination run wild here! Skyrim is a huge world with countless potential character concepts, and there are just as many reasons why a person might find themselves incarcerated in Cidhna Mine.

Gravitational Force Gravitational Force

I think I was in the old one of this. I might port my old character from that RP to this one if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back