• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A New Kind Of Place

LemonLime

wilted sunflower
Rp with Svisttt Svisttt

Ray waved goodbye to his family and friends, reassuring the little ones that he’d be back fast. They were running low on water and things to eat so he offered to make a quick run into the forest.
With a bow on his back and a bag, he headed out on his own, quietly venturing into the thick, large trees. His footsteps made nearly no sound at all while he avoided leaving behind any tracks whatsoever.

So far everything was going quite smoothly, he had bent down to pick some berries off a bush, keeping an eye out for his surroundings.

Will... was not having a good time.

Not that he expected to- if anything, he'd been expecting this to go much worse. But he was alive. He was surrounded by life that wasn't caged, restricted. It was worth it. It had to be. He walked on shaky legs, not trusting himself to continue running like he'd done at first... when was it? Three? Three. Three days ago. A smile managed to find it's way on his face. He could do this.

It dawned on him quickly after he left he should've brought more to eat, but he'd rather starve than eat... eat...

Deep breaths. Don't think about it.

Will nodded to himself, pausing his steps to allow himself the shuddery breaths. Food. Right. Focus on that. There had to be something around here, how else would things live? There were still birds here, after all. He turned his gaze skyward. If he followed one, then eventually he'd find food. Right? Will hoped it wouldn't mind sharing.

Inside Ray’s backpack was a small rifle, the handle of the gun was sticking out for easy access. It was a last resort weapon if the bow wasn’t enough. Of course, he hoped it wouldn’t come to that, he wouldn’t hesitate to kill someone for the sake of his family, as long as they were safe he could shoulder that burden instead of them.

There were birds landing in the tree above him as well as a few heading this way in the sky. Their calls were troublesome as it could bring wild demons his way. Ray glanced up to the branches where they sat, thinking to himself.
Am I perhaps stealing your berries? Sorry but my family needs to eat too...

Standing up, he glanced around the quiet forest, something was feeling off. His hand reached for his bow as he knelt behind a tree.

His eyes lit up.

Pretty blue berries were dotted around the bushes- Will had to stop himself from rushing forward and letting everything with the area know where he is. He glanced up again at the chittering creatures, waving a little 'thank you' before crouching in front of the shrub, squinting at the little fruits. He hesitated for a moment, wondering if they were safe to eat, though in the next decided he didn't care, slipping his little bag off his shoulder and stuffing one of the pockets with blue.

Sure enough, footsteps approached rapidly, prompting Ray to pull out his gun from the bag on his back. Those weren’t the heavy footsteps of a Demon nor animal, they sounded human. He couldn’t believe he’d already run into someone out here. Was there this many free roaming humans....or....?

Peaking out from behind the tree trunk, he saw a young boy picking at the same kind of bushes he was a few minutes earlier. Before blatantly running out in the open, Ray decided to see if he was dangerous first. Picking up a stone, he threw it one way while he quietly ran the other to hide behind something else. If this boy pulled out a weapon or others stepped out, he’d know what kind of thing he’s dealing with.

Freeze, don't you dare move, some animal part of his brain cried when something landed with a thump behind him. He squeezed his eyes shut, bracing himself for something that never came. Slowly, slowly he turned, stiff muscles turning fidgety when he saw nothing there. But... no, it had to have been something. It couldn't have been the scary creatures that helped take his siblings. They were too big. Was it an animal?

...It wasn't trying to kill him. Yet. Snatching up his pouch with berry stained hands, his curiosity got the best of him, beginning his hesitant search around the trees.

So far the kid seemed fairly harmless, making Ray only feel sceptical now. Where could he have come from? Did he have answers to some of the questions that have been nagging at his mind since escaping, clues even? The thought of Emma wanting to save every cattle child popped into his mind, it would be what she wanted.

Popping out from behind of the boy, Ray had his rifle pointed straight at him with a stiff stance.
“Who are you? Is there anyone else around?” He was quite taller than the stranger, probably even older than him.

Will started at the sudden voice, cringing with a rather embarrassing yelp as he whipped around, mind racing. Oh my gosh they're here they found me how I can't go back I won't go back- oh.

A boy. Not a man. Dressed in dirtied white. He made a weird choking sound as he stared, wondering what he was holding and where he had come from and who he was and why was hhe out here alone and what was on his neck and oh my gosh it wasn't a man-

Woah. Slow down.

Will stared at him slackjawed for a few more moments, not registering he was being spoken to right away. He wished it didn't hurt so much to speak right now- though that was probably good for the boy's sake, he didn't think he could stop if he got started.

"Will," he managed, voice hoarse and croaky, followed by a shake of his head. He pointed back at the other, mouthing a 'you' before reaching up to scratch at the brand on his cheek. Nervous habit.

Ray lowered his weapon after getting a better look at the boy. Of course he was still on guard, one mistake and it was over for both of them. Perhaps taking him back to where the rest of the family was right now would be a bad decision. This kid could be faking it for all he knew.

“Will. Come with me.”

Will looked hungry and thirsty, his voice hinting that he had been out in the cold for a long time. But what stood out the most was the mark on his cheek, it was right there in the open to see, what kind of farm would do that?
“My name is Ray.” His voice was quite stern for a boy of his age, hinting at his serious, unwavering personality. A hand reached into his bag and offered a scarf to Will. “Let me help you up into the trees, the branches are big and offer more safety up there so we can talk.”

Will looked at the scarf, eyeing it and the boy curiously before taking the offered fabric, worn voice humming in thanks. He held it in his hands rather than putting it on, enjoying the new unfamiliar texture. He smiled hesitantly, torn between diving head first into trusting him and running while he can. Despite likely only being a little older than him, Ray acted almost like an adult, though less angry. The boy didn't look anything like the kids at home, but...

“Let me help you up into the trees, the branches are big and offer more safety up there so we can talk.”

His smile turned into a grin. Papa didn't like them climbing trees. A good sign he wasn't here to hurt Will, right? "I-" Will began... cut off by the sound of crying.

While approaching an easy tree to climb, Ray heard the familiar sound of tears. He turned around, unsure of what to do at the moment. Bewildered, he knelt down in front of Will and took the scarf from his hands, wrapping it around the small boys neck.
“You have to be quiet.” He reached a hand to his head and gave it a small pat.

“Come this way.” Ray began to climb up a portion of lower hanging branches, offering a hand to Will.

Will's eyes widened, shaking his head. "Baby." It couldn't be one of his siblings, could it? No, he'd left alone... and they'd made sure he couldn't tell anyone. Not in an obvious way, at least. Regardless, someone was alone out there, they couldn't just leave! Taking the boy's hand, he tugged gently, quietly pleading with light blue eyes for them to check it out.

“Huh?” Ray turned toward the sound where the noise came from, wide eyed. He had let his guard down for a moment, staring into the thick forest. His face turned scrunched, unsure of what to do, looking at Will then where the crying came from.

This was a dangerous situation they were in, of course he didn’t want to go toward the child. It was a trick...it had to be...

“Will, I thought you were alone?” He jumped down from the branches and found his feet moving on his own. Opposed to the idea of going, he couldn’t just leave a possible child out there.

He nodded, a jerk of his head as he swallowed down his panic. If they were crying, then they were in danger, which put him and the other boy in danger. They needed to leave, forget about it.

Ray seemed to have decided for them both, darting off into the trees. Will bolted aftrt, hearing the cries get closer over his heavy breaths. Something snagged his arm, but he barely felt the sting.

The pair burst through the foliage and into a sunny clearing, too pretty for the scene waiting them.

A woman. A baby. A demon.

Once Ray’s eyes set on the ill fated picture before him, he was still in his tracks. Immediately his mind was sent reeling through every possible outcome and reason for this encounter.

Turning toward Will, he shot him a scowl which assumed he had been the one to plan this out. “I knew you were behind something like this! Who are these people!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back