• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Traditional A new face every day

Sash

Wooden spoon of justice
Hi, I'm Sash. I've made a pact with myself to boost my drawing skills this summer by drawing a new portrait every day. Happily taking suggestions, welcoming criticism.

Here's day 1.

Day 1.jpg

I decided to add captions to these drawings so I can keep track of my thoughts on them.

Day 6.
Not happy with this one, tried lighter tones and it doesn't look good at all, but bad practice is still practice, so that's okay.

20200704_153008.jpg

Last edited:
I've fallen behind my new schedule so far I found my old schedule. I'll post Day 7 and Day 8 today, along with some older stuff to compensate for the wait of those, like, two people that are interested in what I'm doing here.

I'm also doing more cartoonish stuff, especially since I'm out of my town a lot and don't always have access to all of my pencils and a decent table to draw serious things. So if anyone's interested to see my doodles here too, let me know.

Day 7.jpg
This was supposed to be a drawing of a very beautiful man, but came out one ugly fuck, and I feel sorry. The expression is such a meme tho, literally me when I'm invited to a BDSM vampire academy RP forum for the fifth time this week.

Day 8.jpg
This smooth man looks flat, but he ain't got wrinkles, can't do nothin' about it. A friend of mine said he's hot, and I can't argue with that.

Scotty.jpg
The proportions are messed up on this one, but I still low-key love it.

Cotae.jpg
The entirety of my skill went into that left eye.

TCE.jpg
This man teaches Theory of the Electromagnetic Field at my University. I was listening to his course one day while drawing anime on a piece of messy wrinkly paper (he allows doing anything as long as we listen, and drawing helps me concentrate). He noticed what I'm doing and asked if I was drawing him, and I said no, but felt so sorry cause he's such a good teacher, I just had to draw him later that day.

Data.jpg
He has a weird eye color, but I really like the way it looks. Otherwise, kinda crappy tbh, def not my best.

Picard.jpg
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this one almost doesn't look bad, y'all. One of the more recent ones.

Lewis.jpg
This male boy looks like an undercooked potato, and it's 100% my type.

That's all for now. Hope you enjoyed. Please proceed to destroy my self-esteem now.

I've fallen behind my new schedule so far I found my old schedule. I'll post Day 7 and Day 8 today, along with some older stuff to compensate for the wait of those, like, two people that are interested in what I'm doing here.

I'm also doing more cartoonish stuff, especially since I'm out of my town a lot and don't always have access to all of my pencils and a decent table to draw serious things. So if anyone's interested to see my doodles here too, let me know.

View attachment 757502
This was supposed to be a drawing of a very beautiful man, but came out one ugly fuck, and I feel sorry. The expression is such a meme tho, literally me when I'm invited to a BDSM vampire academy RP forum for the fifth time this week.

View attachment 757504
This smooth man looks flat, but he ain't got wrinkles, can't do nothin' about it. A friend of mine said he's hot, and I can't argue with that.

View attachment 757505
The proportions are messed up on this one, but I still low-key love it.

View attachment 757506
The entirety of my skill went into that left eye.

View attachment 757507
This man teaches Theory of the Electromagnetic Field at my University. I was listening to his course one day while drawing anime on a piece of messy wrinkly paper (he allows doing anything as long as we listen, and drawing helps me concentrate). He noticed what I'm doing and asked if I was drawing him, and I said no, but felt so sorry cause he's such a good teacher, I just had to draw him later that day.

View attachment 757508
He has a weird eye color, but I really like the way it looks. Otherwise, kinda crappy tbh, def not my best.

View attachment 757509
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this one almost doesn't look bad, y'all. One of the more recent ones.

View attachment 757510
This male boy looks like an undercooked potato, and it's 100% my type.

That's all for now. Hope you enjoyed. Please proceed to destroy my self-esteem now.
I actually really like the 4th one from the top under "old stuff"! The shapes and contrast are very good. The eyes are superb and along with the shading it gives off a creepy but cool vibe! I think it's my favorite tbh

I actually really like the 4th one from the top under "old stuff"! The shapes and contrast are very good. The eyes are superb and along with the shading it gives off a creepy but cool vibe! I think it's my favorite tbh
Why, thank you! I don't particularly like that one cause I feel like I've done the nose wrong, and the shadows look messy to me. But I guess it's a matter of preference, and I'm really glad that you enjoyed it!

Day 9, y'all! It actually took me two days tho.

Day 9.jpg

Sometimes when I try to erase something the paper folds under the eraser and creates little wrinkles, and they are a pretty minor inconvenience, but the drive me so mad
Still happy with this one tho.

Day 10! It doesn't sound like a lot, but it sure feels like an acomplishment. Please feel free to destroy my self-esteem.

Day 10.jpg

Damn, I almost forgot to post Day 11. Posting from my phone, sorry if the size is messed up.

20200722_190031-01-01.jpeg

Here's the work in progress:

20200722_204124.jpg
20200722_204151.jpg
20200722_204215.jpg
20200722_204238.jpg
20200722_204306.jpg
20200722_204348-01.jpeg
20200722_190031-01-01.jpeg

Day 12!

Day 12.jpg

The portrait came out nice, but the lighting on the pic is just awful, and I have, like, zero editting skills. Ugh.

Day 13.

Day 13.jpg

Been feeling pretty down about my drawing lately. Not the drawings themselves, but like, the whole business. Probably won't be posting tomorrow (unrelated to me feeling down; it's cause I'll be out of m'town and there'll be no internet; I'll still be drawing whenever I get the chance and will post the results with a bit of a delay)

Day 15.

20200729_160335-01.jpeg

Really happy with this one. The hat feels weird tho. Is it weird? I hope it's not weird.

Day 16.

Day 16.jpg

I literally cannot bring myself to write anything for two days now, but at least I'm drawing, and that's good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back