• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A New Era: Beginnings

(sorry for my long absence. Lost track of this one after school and other stories started up!)

You head in the direction the arrow was fired from, sword drawn and at the ready. You may not be able to cut a flying arrow in half, but at least you could fend off any more attacks. "Wait!" Lyra calls from behind you. "You don't know who--"

"Or what," you breathe after seeing the archer himself. It is a little person with wings, roughly the size of a 5 year old toddler. But its porportions were that of someone in their late teens. A dwarf? No, a fairy! It gives you a mischevious grin that said something along the lines of 'I don't really care if you get skewered' and turned tail and darted away into the undergrowth. Upon closer inspection, you see a small tunnel, not unlike that a rabbit or other forest creature may make, but big enough for the fairy to fit through.

Do you...
1| Give chase. Maybe they can give you some answers. Besides, you're much too curious not to!
2| Let him go. You don't know why he shot at you but he can't if he's leaving. Besides, you've had enough adventure for one day.

Buddy, you can't just take a shot at someone, give us that kind of look, and then run off expecting us to be okay with everything that just happened in the last sixty seconds.

I believe we've got ourselves the fantasy equivalent of a flying redneck, my friends. They're a real nuisance around these parts. How about we give chase and find out what compelled this guy to try and plug an arrow through our skull?

Lyra looks at you a bit strangely. "Fairy. It was some kind of winged person," you explain as you follow after the figure.
"Wait, really?" your companion asks breathily. "It wasn't a bandit?"
"Definitely not." The scurrying figure is fast and knows the burrows better than you do. It leads you in a sloping tunnel, deeper and deeper...

Soon enough, it is dark and you lose your target. The sound of scurrying feet gets dimmer and dimmer until it completely fades. "We lost him." You remark, a bit stunned. Either because you were surprised it got away or because you find yourself lost in some kind of underground tunnel system. "Well, this is new."

You both explore the tunnels by touch, conducting frequent call-and-response deals to locate where the other is.
"There's a branch here!" Lyra calls after a while of groping about in the dim lighting.
"And here too," you answer. It seems to be a three way intersection.

Which way do you go?
1| The leftmost branch.
2| The middle branch.
3| The rightmost branch.

Then you feel a slight breeze coming in from the right branch. "There's a draft here."
Lyra remarks, not without disgust: "It smells like something rotting over here."
You peer into the center branch. "I think I can see a dim light coming from this one."

I was thinking about the leftmost branch because no one ever expects you to go left, but the middle one is the most promising, in both good and bad ways. So let's try the middle branch.

Middle it is. You tell Lyra that you think it's your best bet and she agrees. "I'd never go down the left one anyway."

Proceeding along the way, it empties out into a circular ground with an ancient tree growing from the mossy ground. That is where the light comes from. Each leaf radiates a soft glow, and together it producesa brilliant shine enough to make you blink rapidly after thedark of the tunnels.
"It's beautiful, " Lyra breathes.
"WHO GOES THERE?!"
Alarmed, you both jump at the sound of the voice. Its neither male nor female sounding. You cannot spot a speaker.
"I said, who goes there?" The voice asks again.

You respond:
1| With introducing yourself to the tree.
2| You ask the voice where it is and to come out where you cn see it,
3| You dodge the question and ask if they know anything of the herb Lyra needs to get and promise to be out of the way as quickly as possible.

Do we have something to hide? Not really. Do we want to upset the tree? Nope. I choose 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back