• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A new Chapter in Angel Grove (Power Rangers 2017)

Bocaj

With the new movie out and all, I am more than ever inspired to role play something within the universe; the focus of this post will be the movie universe established in the 2017 movie.

Personally, I really enjoyed the movie. Yeah, it had some problems, but over-all i was very impressed. My new versions of the MMPR within the movie have to be Zach and Trini. Never really cared for them in the show, but the movie counterparts are my favorite. That isn’t saying Jason, Billy, and Kimberly are bad characters by any means- I just like the others more.

Onward with plot ideas- keep in mind that I am always up to discussion and such so nothing is set in stone. Its best if we talk through everything before we actually sit down and start.

Ideas:

1)

As hinted at the end of the movie, A Tommy Oliver does exist in this universe. That is very exciting! And even more, when reading through some stuff with the cast of the movie, they mostly want a female to portray Tommy. I am all for that; on the other hand, if they go with a male Tommy- that’s cool too! I personally like the idea of the Movie Power Rangers Universe doing things differently from the show. But that’s just me.

So, my first idea can be simply based off the Evil with Green Story Arc in MMPR- to a degree. I want to introduce a Tommy Oliver (male or female, though I am leaning more on female). Due to the fact the movie has given the Rangers more now a day problems and feelings, I feel Tommy would need the treatment as well.

Which we will discuss those details further, later.

But, I don’t want Tommy just instantly added into the Rangers. There will be some sort of teen, almost angst sort of drama.

A fun side idea, would be that he/she found the Dragon Dagger sometime after Rita’s attack when Angel Grove is still recovering.

2)

I appreciate Trini’s sexuality in the film, though it is simply hinted at. It reminds me a lot of my friends, when they weren’t fully sure themselves. And, when I can personally say I have felt the same, I have seen and helped others with these sort of problems.

I would love to have an idea focused on Trini. Maybe she and Kimberly try to grow closer, or maybe a female Tommy Oliver is the prefect friend she needs.

Again, nothing is set in stone.

If anything here caught your eye, feel free to message me. If you have any ideas, also feel free to mention them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back