• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

memento mori

remember; you will die.
Afternoon, evening — whatever the like.

A few things to get out of the way:

- You can call me Nyx. I frequent this site in order to find opposites to my muses so I can test out new voices, so. You’ll see me around dipping my toes into a myriad of fandoms.

- I’ve been attempting to write for most of my life, and have procrastinated with writing to an even greater extent of my life. That being said, I’m always looking for new partners to help me expand my repertoire of characters/writing style.

- I’m over thirty, and only feel comfortable in writing with partners who are over the age of 18. I feel far more comfortable with 25+, but, I’m not going to shut out good roleplay due to an earlier age. Just. No minors.

- Full-time job/full-time life. Responsibilities are endless and unavoidable. I only write when I can, and I’m the most patient person you’ll ever meet when it comes to needing to attend to life things. I expect the same courtesy. It’s the respectful way to act with people. That being said — I tend to keep in close contact with my partners, and I’ll give you a head’s up if I’ll be busy for longer than I typically wish to be.

- I have very little that I won’t write, with a particular fancy toward darker themes. However, I bow to my partner’s limits. I don’t want to make anyone uncomfortable. Please be sure to let me know in advance what you are and aren’t looking for in an RP.

- I am unearthly fond of OOC chatter. Whether it be for plotting, used for becoming friends, or even to kill time because neither of us have the motivation to post...I’m really open and friendly. Hell, I actually prefer having a chatty partner I can share my thoughts and life with.

- I don’t like people who don’t believe in human rights. I’m non-binary, they/them, and queer. I write any gender opposite any gender. Just let me know what you’re looking for.

- Writing style — a bit like this post. Blocky and annoying to read when you’re tired. I enjoy third person/past tense. I ramble for far too long past my point, which means I lean toward longer posts. [Average is 500-1k per post.] I’m a real big slut for commas. Sometimes, I break grammar rules. Whoops. I’ve updated my post with a writing sample. I’ll add more characters when I get a chance..!

- For threads, I usually just use DMs or Discord. I’ve been fancying Discord more and more, recently. Though, I’ll go with whatever my partner is most comfortable with.

Getting on with the good stuff...my knowledge of Arcana is rather limited — I only just finished two routes, but, I’m already immersed. I know I very much have a muse for Julian, Asra, and Valdemar, but, I’m sure I’ll gain more as I go through other routes. [I have weaker muses in Muriel and Lucio — convince me with good plot and I’ll give ‘em a whirl.]

With most fandoms, I actually fancy canon/canon RPs, however...this game obviously lends itself to heavy MC/canon character plots, and as such, I’m opening myself up to interacting with canon or OCs. I do have some definite bias when it comes to pairings for the characters listed above, but, I don’t mind listening to what my partner may be looking for.

But, since I know people like lists:

Pairings

Apprentice/Any
Asra/Julian
Asra/Muriel
Valdemar/Julian
Lucio/Julian
Lucio/Asra

I thought it would be good to note here that I also wouldn’t mind exploring reversed versions of Asra or Julian~

Since the plots weave about, I understand the need for other characters being involved, which, calls for potential doubling. I’m willing to try my hand at any character, as long as my partner is patience with me. We can hash it out.

I’m extremely open to any and all plots, and enjoy working with my partner to come up with something. So, let’s bring both of our ideas together!

If after everything you’re still interested, feel free to drop a line, inquiry, anything else, really. Either here or through DMs — doesn’t much matter to me, and we can get along with the arduous planning stage.

Farewell!

Last edited:
Julian Writing Sample

A meandering spirit lingered heavy in the loudest place it could possibly find in the otherwise sleepy streets of Vesuvia.

What better way to sink worries than into the bottom of a cup — or into the sweeping emotion of another’s story? Not that he was so cruel as to not divulge a tale or two of his own, but. This night was one for listening. Despite his own prattling — despite being caught up in the enveloping music that drove him to dance merrily with the other patrons of the Rowdy Raven. It was still a good time to sit back and relax.

It was his turn to linger on the stories of the present — something he had a hard time in coming to terms with. Ever caught in his own past, it was a hobby of his to find those who mulled over the events of the now. How while they are a good tailor, they’d do better if they kept their hands to themselves. Or even yes, she’s lovely, but did you know that she’s a penny pincher?

Tonight, a cruel fate breathed itself past the lips of his companions.

“I didn’t think I believed in any of that witchcraft malarkey, but! That magician predicted it down to Mallory having twins!”

Haphazard was his drinking in that moment, as he nearly choked on his drink of choice. A fierce cough overtook the lanky man, and he waved a gloved hand about at the stares of his friends that night. A wry smirk chased his words: “I swear — I’d forget how to drink if it wasn’t in my blood to do so.”

When they were content in his well-being, those about the table leaned in closer, as if being let in on some great secret. Only Julian kept a relaxed, languid state. Wistful was his stare as he listened on. There were only so many practiced and well-known magicians in Vesuvia...

“That white-haired magician, yeah?” Came a call to his right.

The man from before broke through some squabbling, “That’s the one! Predicted I was gonna lose my job. I told him to shove it. After I lost my job a week later, I went back for guidance and a, uh. Well-deserved apology.” He offered a sheepish gaze sideways.

The group laughed harshly at his misfortune, but the tale-teller slammed a fist down onto the table. “I listened to his advice — his cards, got a better job down the road, and then he told me we were gonna have twins! I almost told him to shove it, again!”

Another round of laughter, and Julian lost himself into the bottom of his cup faster than previously. The night had been going fairly well up until that point. Until a sudden wash of icy-cold water passed through his body at the mere mention.

Could there have been a more ironic form of torture — within the night he tried to hide away from his past, being reminded of that complication?

Perhaps he’d warm himself up.

“I’ve a story about that magician,” he uttered aloud, before even realizing what came over him. Though, as it so often happened, their attention was caught by their ringleader. Seeing the sets of eyes upon him, Julian leaned forward — allowing the tips of his stool to rest solidly against the wooden floor of the tavern.

“You see, I, ah.” His mug made to settle against the table, and he crossed his arms over his broad chest, looking off momentarily.

“Came in for a festival — couldn’t be bothered to remember which one — you Vesuvian’s love to party,” he offered up the cheerful banter, his grin toothy.

“He was in the square. Hair near glowing in the sunlight — bronze skin shimmering. No, really..! His skin was alight with dew. Initially begun as clear water within teacups. A whole row of ‘em — cast out in front of him on a colorful bit of rug. A distinct difference from the stark white of the cups.”

The words he weaved flowed naturally with his hand movements — ever the talker with his hands. It was apparent that Julian had slipped back into his memory — dragging from the depths a time he had seen Asra performing street magic.

“He was so quiet, but still so showy — the only noise being the low thrum of music that rose in tempo the further he went, and the gasps of the audience. Watching the water dance up into the hot summer air — some passed through him; catching and staining his clothing and hair and skin. A bit rained down on some of the children who were reaching up toward the droplets, as if to appease them. But! After a dramatic swish of his wrist and a finger cast skyward, the water flung together to form a huge sphere. It took shape as a massive, boiling entity, and up he flung these pods.”

He held his thumb and pointer fingers apart the same distance as a large coin. Questioning looks followed Julian — all enraptured by his story. “Up five went — spherical, green pods. And after they were enveloped in the water, it danced about — swirling in on itself in a spiral, and from within, the pods burst open into brilliantly colored flowers!”

He stretched his arms out wide, and a few gasps came from his table. “When the water finalized its dance, it dropped back down around him. But, it seemingly missed him — formed itself around his frame so as to not scald him, and found its way back into every teacup it started its journey from. Nary a spill or drop could be found.” He nodded intently, his grey eye slipping closed as he finished. “Supposedly, each cup tasted differently. I was only able to steal a sip, but. It was some of the best tasting tea I have ever had the pleasure to drink.”

Julian was bombarded with laughter and a sharp pat to his shoulder as the party moved forward onto more topics of magic and the unknown. He had shared his bit — thankful to be sharing the table with talkers, who swooped the conversation into other avenues of discussion.

Julian left out that he was the one playing the music to accompany Asra — sitting crosslegged in the front row as he faced the magician. He let slide the stare Asra had given him as he used his magic to make the water dance. The way he wordlessly offered a smile as he handed Julian a cup to taste the tea.

Those were parts of his memories he didn’t mind keeping to himself, despite how bittersweet they might be. He hid a smile against a fresh mug of ale, allowing the memory to pass over him fondly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back