A Modern Day

Elven.Beauty

Elder Member
The advance in technology has been unimaginable through the time, humans have made their mark in this world and have truly made it their own. This world has been ever changing and it won't stop here, this may be a time where humans rule it all now, but time will only tell what the future will hold. The rise of different races and species will soon return and make this world a new whole.

It has been decades since anyone has seen humans and different thrive throughout this world together, but war is a cruel reality and it was the reason for the dramatic change of this world. There have been many wars, many of which destroyed many types of races and thus made others believe they destroyed themselves in pointless feuds. Over time more and more races and creatures just vanished through time, many of which believed them to all be dead. Time moved on and as more races disappeared, humans thrived and continued on through time. Without any other races to fight with them, they made due pretty well and time took it's toll, making reality into fantasy. Many stories about, elfs, werewolves and vampires in this new modern time made them seem like they were nothing more than fiction. This wasn't the case, some of these races and creatures did survive throughout time, them staying hidden to protect themselves. They live among the humans now and are living life like anyone else, but time has a way of changing things, there's no telling what will happen.

Yuuki was listening to the music blaring into her ears as she rounded the corner heading towards a nearby coffee shop. A brown colored beanie cover the top of her head, thus hiding her pointed ears that hid underneath. Long black hair hung over her shoulders, as her golden hue blankly scanned the area waving to a person to hold the door for her as sheentered the shop. Waiting in line she looked out of the window, watching the cars and people going by. She removed her ear buds as the conversations of people in the store flooded her hearing. Throughout all these long years, she had found herself having a dull personality now and living life in a rather boring way. The faint sound of a persons voice drew her attention towards the counter. She ordered her drink and stepped aside waiting for it to be finished.

She often wondered what it would be like if there was just as many other races as there were humans in this time period. That thought made her chuckle softly under her breath as she shook head and accepted her drink from the barista. A soft maroon sweater, a pair of faded jeans and a simple pair of boots is what she wore. How she longed go wear a more traditional style of her elven heritage, but that simply wouldn't do in this time. Walking from the shop she left down the street she placed her ear buds back in and enjoyed a sip of the latte she had just purchased.

"Uhh..." in a cave not so far away from a big city, in midst a place where technology hasn't taken over and nature survived, there was a rather tall, pale guy sleeping on the ground. His clothes totally didn't fit in this time, that's for sure, as well as his haircut... which wasn't a Haircut at all. Ridiculously long, silverish/white hair reached down, almost reaching his hips.

The Sunshine softly hot his face which made him sit up, stretching. "How long...." A small yawn escaped him. "....have I been sleeping again...." he stood up and shook his body like an Animal would do to clean itself from dirt. "...." The man sniffed the air, which made his eyes widen a slight bit. "WHAT---" he coughed a few times. The coughs were followed by a disgusted look. "...That smell... the air smells like... oil and coal... of some sort... what is that...?!"

Shura- that was the man's Name- ran out of his cave only to see a big mass of Iron and concrete and countless other materials pressed into the form of something like a very big village. "What the Hell...?" Shura didn't hesitate and jumped through the trees that have hardly changed at all during those years he slept. It didn't took him long to reach the City. Jumping out of the trees, he left the nature behind him and slowly entered the weird village. "Huh...."

Some people started looking at him, asking themselves if he's a Cosplayer on a way to a convention, some others said that he's a weirdo and Shura was just looking at the people with their weird clothes and Hairstyles. Some of them looked very week, and there were only Humans. Not a single other race. Shura surely is confused. Where the Hell are the Food Wagons that used to stand around, offering him Food and Drinks? Where are the Merchants that used to offer him things that he doesn't need? And where the hell are the dirt roads? Shura stamped a few times on the ground while walking. "Is this... some kind of stone...? It's hard..."

After a while of walking he eventually passed a coffee shop and looked through it's Windows. "What...."

Elven.Beauty Elven.Beauty

Yuuki vaguely notice an unusual looking man pass by her, she didn't think anything of it since this world had plenty of strange humans in it. It was when his scent hit her that it caught her full attention and made her stop to look over her shoulder. He looked quite lost and very confused by his surroundings, like he'd never seen any of this before, but how was that possible? Turning on her heel she stared him down for a moment than noticed her was drawing an unwanted crowd. Clicking her tongue she decided to help him out, but she wasn't really sure what he was. All she knew was he definitely not human and if she wasn't careful around him she might get killed.

Slowly she walked up towards him and grabbed his arm tugging him so he could get the hint to follow her. He might be freaked out and not in a right state of mind so to persuade him further she raised the left side of her beanie, revealing her short pointed ears. "Follow me, I think you need some of your questions answered." She tugged his arm again waiting for him to get the hint and follow her.

Sigfried Sigfried

The girls sudden tugging on his arm made him jump slightly. He was still able to take the scent of the elven girl in his confusion, the ear was just making it sure. Shura got the hint, but still was a bit confused. He didn't sleep this long, right? Just another few 100 years... You could already see the Question marks in his eyes. "I'd like to get some answers, that would help me not only a bit!" Shura said.

He's really too lazy. That happened one time already. He fell asleep as Humans weren't able to make Fire on their own and then, as he woke up, they were already almost all over the globe and were able to speak and what not. But that right now... that was one hell of a jump.

Yuuki definitely noticed something was off with this man, did he really not know what this world was like now? Tugging him along she was lost in a train of thought, but soon noticed the whispering and pointing of fingers directed at the man. Grimacing a moment she thought it would probably be best to get him in more normal apparel. Stopping a moment she looked up at him and spoke softly. "Before I start answering your questions... there's something we must do first." She began walking again and headed straight towards a strip mall full of different clothing shops.

"Sorry to have dragged you so far. I know this may be a bit strange, but I need you in more modern clothing so all these hjmans can stop staring at us, unwanted attention isn't really my thing." She gave a reassuring smile, to him and lead him into one of the closer stores. "If you need help with anything just ask, feel free to get anything you like."

Sigfried Sigfried

Who is that girl who helps him? Why is she even helping him? Shura gets even more confused.

As the Girl told him to get new "modern" clothes, he tilted his head. "New Clothes? Wait. Who are you! That's what I'd like to know first! And then I'd like to now what this village is! And why does it look so weird! It's just a bunch of Iron and Stones thrown together! And the ground is very hard too!" He said while stamping on the ground.

Yuuki stopped when he had a mild freak out and quickly pushed him outside of the store so he wouldn't cause a scene. Sighing she crossed her arms and looked up at him. "It seems you've been away for a long time and that you don't understand anything about this modern time..so I'll give you a short version." Taking a moment to think she inhaled and began her short explanation. "My name is Yuuki Orlithe, I'm a halfling, half wood elf half human. The world has changed and humans just advanced in technology, inventors made much of this. Like the tall buildings, the roads and the moving metal vehicles you see all around. This world is most ran by humans now... Many wars and fights broke out long ago and destroyed many races. Some of us survived, but our numbers aren't there anymore." Yuuki's expression dimmed and she sighed again and looked him in the eye. "Look I'll explain more later, but could you please just calmly come inside with me and get some clothes?" She gave him a warm smiling while pointing towards the store.

Sigfried Sigfried

The modern age had followed swiftly on the winds of change, and with it new obligations and rules. Regular humans ruled the day now, and it seemed most beings of old were either in hiding or simply gone. A scourge for those who valued the old, stable policies that used to work.

Mehran let a deep sigh as he looked out the window of the massive building and down below onto the streets. After much of the surrounding area of his last home fell victim to deforestation he and many others of his old community had to vacate in order to keep their secrecy intact. It had been a close call, but most of them had successfully slipped away into the night and elsewhere. He chuckled a little to himself as he kept the cigar tightly bound between his lips. His old home had been mistaken for just another set of ancient ruins by the time common folk had finally beaten the natural security measures. Some of the 'misfortunes' that struck members of the excavation gave the place a haunted reputation, but was done as retribution for butting into his old life.

My, how the years flew by. The few of them that stuck together had managed to find themselves a new way of living right under people's noses. He hadn't seen the face he now wore for a long time. His own from when he was a person instead of a lich. The lightly tanned skin and steel blue eyes complemented by the short white hair along with a neatly trimmed beard. It went well with his dark suit and red tie. His magic had worked wonders once again, but that was expected of him. After all, he was now a leading figure in a different organization.

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of dress shoes clicking across the tile floor into the room, stopping at the other side of his desk. "Mr. Shaltaea, your ride is here." says the other person, dressed in a grey suit and sunglasses. His auburn hair helping to cover some of the ugly burn scars that take up much of the upper right portion of his face. Mehran turns to face before speaking again, letting his reflection no longer occupy his attention.

"Good. Come Richter, we have much to do today." he says as he walks around the desk and starts walking out, the other man following afterwards. Richter had been hired several years ago, if the lich remembered correctly. He was paid well to work as personal security for Mehran. Even though Mehran had insisted it not necessary at first, it would still give him a more normal feel. Soon the pair were finishing the elevator ride don and into the limousine, heading off to deal with a few things while he still had time to do so.

Shura didn't know what to say. The World is mostly ran by Humans? The Races were annihilated and only a few survived? That was like a Bad Dream... a Nightmare. He, However, followed the Elves "orders" and Walked into the Store, scanning it. "...uh" he wasn't quite impressed by the clothes he saw and got closer to the Elven Girl, starting to whisper. "These Clothes look weird... Why can't I keep my current clothes on...?"

Yuuki stood close by as they both reentered the store, she watched him look around for a moment before bending down and whispering that everythihg was strange looking. She really couldn't help but chuckle a bit, giving a reassuring smile she pointed towards the men section. "Trust me, it may be weird now, but you'll get used to it. Some of these clothes are quite comfortable. Just trust me for now, I'll even help pick out a few outfits for you." She felt bad that this man had been gone for such a long time and had to wake up in such a different world than once was. As soon as he calmed down a bit more, she had a few questions of her own to ask him.

Sigfried Sigfried

Shura sighed. "Well then... let's dive into the fun...." he said and walked further in, walking to the men section. "Huh... why are these... are those pants! For who? Sticks!? They look so tight!" Shura said as he saw some pain of slim jeans. "Oh, these look a bit loose... still... What's that for a material... it feels weird..." He was slightly amazed by the clothes in the store, more by the material, but he started to show some interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back