• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings a mixed bag of historic OC cravings | mostly m/m

merricats

🍃

Do you ever have an empty head where you're not quite sure you're in the right headspace for writing ... but still get caught by an excitable internal voice saying "yes, yes I want to do that!" when you're watching some movie or TV show or reading some book or come across some story or other! Well, yeah, that's where I am at. Not sure how much/regularly I'll write and I have no specific characters in mind but I do have ... ~cravings~.

So, if you're like me and are a little too laid back and impulsive but still are in the mood to get a but lost in a story and jazz about characters and dynamics, feel free to reach out!

so, some quick rules/info

— I'm 29, please be 21+ to rp!
— as I said, I can be impulsive, I can be a bit lazy or I can just have quite changeable mental health, so no garuntees on the frequency or length of my replies
— the good thing? I'll never rush you for a reply, never be upset about dropping a plot or picking up a whole new one, and I am happy with whatever length feels right for you
— i like discord best, but like to chat here first to be sure we click
— big on plotting!
— realistic fcs
— also fond of stuff like playlists, visuals, or just talking characters.
— not looking for fandom, just ripping off plots hehe
— please send me a message if you're interested

Okay, on to ideas! As I said, all totally ripped from whatever thing I've been watching/reading/listening to! I was specific with the plots but lots of the details can be altered, I am pretty set on pairings and time periods but stuff like character jobs/personalities, etc can be changed.

pairing: m/m
setting: Early 1960s London ( possibly negotiable )
wordbank - psychological, intense, a bit too co-dependent, possible dark/mature themes, characters with very human flaws, class divide

Description: A confident and ambitious young man has inherited his old uncle's house. It's a bit shabby, old fashioned, but money is hardly an issue. No, his problem isn't money, it's housekeeping. Oh, he is rebellious and independent and so much more in touch than his old money parents, but that doesn't mean he can entirely take care of himself. He wants to dress immaculately, and live in stylish surroundings and entertain his friends over dinner. But doesn't want to clean, or cook, or press, or sow or .. It seems it's either wash up, or get help. With that in mind, he decides to hire himself a valet. A gentleman's gentleman. An idea that's a bit antiquated, almost fanciful, the sort of thing his young friends.

The valet who approaches him about the position is a perfectly reserved man on the surface with an air of maturity beyond his years.

Now they set about living together, as master and servant but who knows how this relationship morphs and twists in the tight quarters of an old family house, while all around them 1960s London society shifts and swings in subtle and tumultuous ways.

setting: 1920s England
wordbank - charming, whimsy, adventures, comedic, loyalty, fluff and fun!

Clearly I am into this whole idea of a master and valet dynamic! This time without the heavy atmosphere, instead of a psychological romance, how about some comedic adventures? Still with much of the same co-dependence and intimacy of living daily with your closest confidant and the boundaries of "proper" norms. But with a lighter atmosphere and plot points, with lots of sarcasm and banter and dreadful fondness between the pair.

A wealthy, well meaning but airheaded young socialite who's idle and foolish enough to get himself into all sorts of unintended jams and his stoic and reserved, brainy servant who always knows how to untangle his master from the web he's wound up in.

pairing: ?/?/?/?
setting: 1970s? 80s? 90s?
wordbank - magic in a small town, magic in a domestic-ish setting, escapism, breaking loose from societal expectations, self discovery, good & evil, odd family, decadence, fabulous wealth!

In a small town in America — picture a white wooden Church in the center of a town straight out of a Grant Wood painting, live three friends. Three best friends. A timid, repressed bookworm teacher, a brash and outspoken artist and a sweet, independent and ambitious journalist ( these archetypes can be used or changed! ) in their 30s start to notice some odd coincidences about themselves. Almost as if they have some untapped .. ability. Somewhere deep down. But, some magic powers don't just appear do they now? So, they go about their regular lives.

On one of their regular get together gossip, play cards and maybe drink a little too much. They all agree their chances at finding romance is all but gone, they are ready to quit and just for some silly giggles decide to embark on a drunken experiment — imagine their perfect partner.

Not long after their little chat, a stranger comes to their sleepy little town. Oddly, this new stranger fits the description they'd dreamed up .. with a few big surprises.

settings: late 1800s, 20s/30s/40s, 50s, 60s.
wordbank - secret romances, high stakes, complications and obstacles, moral dilemmas, an utterly infatuated, pining sort of love.

This one is more open! It could be a swoony Victorian era romance, a war time encounter with some military intrigue and what have you, a crime entangled romance in the depths of prohibition, a 50s or early 60s affair in the era of conventional gender roles and the nuclear family? Tons of possibilities we can brainstorm up!

🍃

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back