A Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Waste {jinx 13 and VampireByte}

souled

Elder Member

2936a5d14cbdce40b367ebe7d970a4e7.jpg

(Name: Francine Amelia Davidson, Age: 18)

The day was absolutely beautiful. Almost too perfect. But still, who was complaining? The temperature couldn't be any better, an even seventy-six degrees, and a gentle wind blowing cool air occasionally gusted through, ruffling people's hair and tugging at their clothing. It was too bad more days couldn't be like this one, days that put everyone in a better mood, despite it being a Monday.

Yes, despite the picture perfect Summer day outside, a young woman resided in room number 12, destined today to be meeting a personal Doctor to "help her get better", an idea that the girl quite honestly had scoffed at, in Francine's mind, the only way for "her to get better", would be for someone to bring back all that the girl had lost in her life, which Francine never knew would happen.

Slowly, the girl's attention turned to the window, which was partly open to let in the fresh air, the curtains drawn back to allow the sunshine to pour through into the room. And yet, despite that, Francine had no desire to go outside, no desire at all to enjoy the rare picture perfect day they were having.

No...Instead, all the girl seemed to have the desire to do was sulk, an almost lethargic expression in the girl's emerald eyes, which turned their attention to the off white ceiling before slowly closing, hearing the clock tick away the time that hung to the right of the door.

girl-light-photography-plaid-pretty-Favim.com-306090.jpg

(Name: Rebekah Avery, Age: 21)

Only a couple days ago, Rebekah had finished up all her requirements for school and graduated college early, eager to move on with whatever came up next. A new adventure was always something she enjoyed. Having previously been an intern at this asylum, she had only been able to do so much around the place. Typically it was paper work, interaction hands on experience was only part of it. But now she'd been offered the actual job and could move on to new and different things.

So now here she was walking down the halls to get to room 12 where her first patient was. The young doctor had been assigned to help a young girl 'get better' and eager as ever to help someone out but rather nervous as well. She wasn't sure she'd be able to help the girl or cause her to flip out, Rebekah did have training in what to do in certain situations so at the same time she felt quite confident.

Walking down the halls, she got little lost even though Rebekah hadn't been a doctor at this place long, she new the place pretty well. However, she had recently been moved to another department where things were a bit different. Finding the room after asking someone, Rebekah stood outside the door, gathering herself before entering. Glancing over the papers in the folder she held, she looked at the girls info.

Francine Amelia Davidson, Age: 18 she thinks to herself, glancing over the diagnosis and some notes that had been scribbled down. She nods to herself before raising her hand to knock on the door, letting the girl inside that she was here and entering. Turning the handle and stepping in, Rebekah smiles some "Hello," she greets warmly, catching the girl's emerald eyes with her brown "I'm Rebekah, your personal doctor"

Hearing the voice of the Doctor greeting her, Francine slowly turned her gaze onto the woman that entered, announcing that she was Francine's personal Doctor now. The young woman slowly blinked at the other, who really wasn't much older then Francine herself as it appeared. Personal Doctor...How wonderful for her...Slowly the eighteen year old blinked at the Doctor before looking away out the window once more, staring almost rather lethargically out the window at the sheeting rain that was still dumping outside the asylum.

The copper haired girl said nothing, but instead pressed her pale pink sculpted lips together in a thin line, bringing her knees up to her chest, then resting her chin on her knees before wrapping her arms around her legs, really not feeling like speaking with a Doctor at the moment, slowly closing her eyes, absently wondering what this Doctor thought she could do for her, another loud crack of thunder echoing above the clouds as the storm continued to rage, as if strengthen with Francine's irritation.

Rebekah was not at all surprised at the lack of greeting and simply shut the door quietly, setting the folder down on a table near by and walking over to sit in a chair near by. She followed the girls gaze out the window, watching the rain fall along with her for a few minutes, listening to the steady pounding on the rooftop. Leaning back in the chair, she switched her gaze to the girl and studied her for a few minutes, taking her in with curiously.

"That's quite a storm out there" she remarks as thunder crashes outside. She expected no response at all as she just sat there watching the storm outside along with her. Rebekah sat thinking various questions she could ask to see if she could get the girl to speak at least something but was having some trouble deciding which to ask that wouldn't set the girl off. Finally she settled with something basic even though she knew the answer herself but it was worth a shot and she had to start somewhere "What's your name?"

The younger female said not a word, as indeed, Rebekah was expecting. So no surprises there. But yes, it was quite the storm going on outside. Not that it seemed to be bothering Francine one little bit, while some where absolutely horrified of thunderstorms.

But then, when asked for her name by the Doctor, the young girl looked up at the woman and blinked slowly, giving Rebekah a look that said ''I'm-pretty-sure-you-already-know-my-name", and Francine looked away, staring down at her hands, curling and uncurling her long neat fingers, knowing that the Doctor was trying to get Francine to open up and start talking, so that the "healing" process could begin.

Rebekah chuckled some as the girl gave her that look and didn't answer. She smiled a little and looked at her as the other girl looked away. Shrugging slightly, Rebekah just starts to talk little about herself just so the other girl knew at least. "Well, I'm Rebekah Avery, I'm a new grad from college and just became a doctor here. I'm 21 and ready to listen to your story when you are" she says. Rebekah didn't care how long this took, she'd check in on the girl till she was sick of seeing her.

"I'm guessing you aren't to excited to have a personal doctor come check up on you and all, it's quite understandable. I wont try and force you to talk or anything, I'll just sit here and ramble all day until I have to go. I do hope you talk to me, it can be about anything really. Like this building, I honestly don't understand the point of these asylums, " she makes a slight face at that word, it didn't feel right calling this a crazy house to her "well I do, but don't really. I don't think sending people here really helps much" she finishes thoughtfully. Looking over at the girl curiously, she watched to see if she got any response

Unfortunately, all the Doctor got for a response was still more silence from her patient, the girl clearly not interested in talking. In fact, trying to talk just seemed to make Francine shy away from the Doctor further, the girl now lying down on the bed in which Francine was perched upon, and silently, the young girl slowly rolled over onto her side, facing away from the Doctor, absently fiddling with the bed sheets underneath of her, swallowing hard, wondering just what this Doctor expected to get out of her.

After all, this new Doctor, Rebekah, had no power to bring all that Francine had lost all of those years ago, ever since then living in various homes, various orphanages, moving constantly from one place to another, never staying in anyone place long enough to call home or make any friends, although the word "home" was a bit of a black word to Francine to use, a soft sigh escaping from the girl's lips.

Not to surprised with no answer, Rebekah watches the girl lay down with her back facing her. Sighing softly Rebekah stands up, picking the folder up as she moves over to the door. It was rather pointless to drag this out longer then needed, it'd been at least an hour with long silences and no talk as she just watched the girl. "Well, I've got to go now. I'll be back later though. Do you like candy? I'll bring some in case you want some" she say smiling softly at the girls back.

Leaving the room, the door closing after her with a soft clock, Rebekah turns and heads down the hall to check in with her boss and give a simple report. She wondered what she could do get the girl to talk, just talk in general about anything really. Putting Francine's folder in her slot, she grabs her lunch and heads to the lounge where the doctors and workers hung out when on break or whatever.

In her mind, the girl scoffed at the idea of candy, as if she were a five year old instead of eighteen. Truth be told, it was very rare that Francine would eat sweets, never having really cared much for candies and other treats. But then, everyone was different. And Francine was most certainly different from most girls her age, never having experienced having a boyfriend, never being asked to Prom dances, never really getting to simply goof around with good friends.

No...At five years old, all Francine got to experience was the pain and sorrow of loosing everything and everyone that the girl has ever cared about, knowing that there was no real way of getting it all back. And moving from place-to-place, only to end up here in a mental asylum certainly didn't help things either.

Was the hospital certain that Francine was ready for her own personal Doctor? Guess there was really only one way to find out after all. Once the Doctor was gone, Francine rolled onto her other side, staring blankly at the opposite wall. But then, as Francine simply stared, the girl began to see something...

Curious, Francine sat up, staring at the shimmering spot. It looked just like heat waves coming off the roof of a hot car on a really hot July day in the sun. Watching in fear and fascination, Francine's eyes grew wide as dinner plates when the shimmering waves turned into her parents, who were smiling at their daughter.

"M - Mom? Dad?" The girl slowly reached a hand out, only to yank it back as the image of her parents suddenly turned into fire before vanishing, getting a scream from Francine, who quickly turned her head away and buried her face in her hands.

Entering, there weren't many people on break today so Rebekah just grabbed a book and started to read while eating her lunch. Her mind was elsewhere though, she was deeply concerned about her 'patient'. How was she supposed to help if the girl didn't talk to her? She wasn't going to force her to talk, that was just mean and never helped a thing, Rebekah would just wait and gain her trust some. Sighing to herself, she finished her food and tossed the trash out, heading back to where her things were to put the book away and return to Francine's room.

Since she only had one patient, she really could spend as much time as she water hanging out in the girls room, just talking to her and sitting in silence. If that continued, Rebekah considered bringing her book in with her but for now she just walked back down the hall empty handed, forgetting about candy or whatever. As she nears the room, a scream sounds, causing several doctors heads to appear from doors. Running down the hall, Rebekah finds herself in the door way to Francine's room.

Rebekah see's her bent over, head in hands and obviously in distress. Walking over slowly, she calls to the girl "Francine?" Rebekah stops by the bed, watching carefully "What happened?" she inquires worriedly

By the time the good Doctor arrived again to Francine's room, the girl was crying heavily, clearly in no condition to talk, not wanting to talk, hoping that the Doctor wouldn't force the girl to reveal what had happened while Rebekah had stepped from the room to give Francine some space, the Doctor herself some space as well.

"No, No...I can't...I can't..." The girl wasn't speaking to the Doctor however, but rather, to herself. "No...I'm sorry...I'm sorry..." Francine whispered, swallowing hard, combing her fingers through her long copper hair that tumbled down past her shoulders. There was a soft moan from the girl, Francine unaware of just how much attention that she had drawn when she had screamed.

"Someday...Will join..." The girl breathed suddenly, wrapping her arms around herself and rocking back and forth, the girl's eyes shut tightly, seemingly to be unaware of even the Doctor in the room with her at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread