• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

A Merry Band of Survivors

Elon Musk is well dedicated to the idea that man will get to Mars. Unfortunately, the greenhouse gases, collapse of the stock market and the Infexia Aponoma (PVO-151) are the harbingers of doom threatening to kill mankind before we can reach for the stars. The solution is to create cyro pods and make generations ships. You a engineer, waitress, soldier or etc sign up in hopes to make some money and cash out on the future of humanity. The project is a big question mark with most claiming you will be the first to colonize Mars. Others say its a short experiment to see if it is possible. Fewer claim you that its a time machine, portal or other fantastic sci fi experiment all you know is you'll make millions if you go in and a chance of avoiding the great depression of your generation. There is hope in the future with the creation of a one world government, Elon leading the charge into space and the new technology to combat the greenhouse effect. What is a few years to you when you only reap the reward of others.

Name:

Age: (The Older you are the more you've done in life. The younger you are the better suited you are to the new world)

Gender: (Male or Female and anything inbetween I care not other players looking for love interests on the otherhand...)

Race:

Nationality:

Personality: (What are you like at the heart of it all)

Strengths: (Aimed more at your personality imagine this prompt is asking on the behalf of what would make your character be promoted at their job based off personality)

Weaknesses: (like above, what personality weaknesses may cause you to be fired from your job)

Education: (From High School onwards!)

Mental Illnesses: (Optional)

Skills: (Automatic skill check passed needs to be specific like Mechanically inclined specific to cars)

Flaws: (Same as above but as a fail also make specific you might suck using pistols but be an ace with a rifle)

Bio: (as long or short as you desire)

Greatest Accomplishments:

Infected(?): Y/N (certain... things will be open to you taking this option both good and bad)

40 points to distribute for stats if confused refer to fallout

Stats

Strength- "I can barely lift my coke" to "Olympic weightlifter"
Perception- "I can never tell when someone is behind me" to "Can't you tell that's an aspen from the way it is?"
Endurance- "I can't run farther around the block" to "I jump off waterfalls for fun"
Charisma- "Substitute teacher" to "Politician"
Intelligence- "I have two brain cells like TheLoyalAcorn" to "Elon Musk"
Agility- "I always trip on air" to "What is this word trip you speak of"
Luck- "The lottery is a scam" to "Lottery? you mean my paycheck?"

Starting Gear: (Keep in mind while you are perfectly preserved your gear may not be)

Features:
Living world (as best I can)
Sandbox
I want to aim this on a more Mercenary band style sandbox admittedly
Magic?
Nation building/ Gang building or etc
Ability to directly impact the history of the world
NARRATIVE FOCUSED (I'm still working on being an engaging DM during combat)

Player Rules:
- Follow RPN's Rules.
- Respect the other players and the rules.
- Make posts as legible as you can.
- Post regularly: Accountability is everything to me take a month break just tell me
- Don’t join if you’re gonna leave after two posts if you want to be more detached but still apart of the campaign we can work something out just don't ask to be a main PC
- No One-Liners: I expect at least a couple of sentences. Only allowed in dialogue (I prefer if in deep active dialogue you guys do it via discord or PMs before making a larger post of the conversation since it feels more natural)
- Don't use text talk. (outside of dialogue no lols and such please)
- Don't steal anything, from anyone... (Tactically acquire it... you will receive zero GM help once they realized they've been had)
- No God Modding, Powerplaying, Auto-hitting, Metagaming, Mary-Sues/Gary-Stues
- Ask the person's permission before you kill their character (If things are out of control and everyone agrees a character should die eg. a mountain falls on your character it will be the GM's call)
- Do not write extremely long paragraphs without giving another person a chance to participate in between, especially in battles.
- 3rd person past tense
- No Out-Of-Character posts in the In-Character tab
- Be sociable: I like to know the people I’m roleplaying with, but I don't want you to feel pressured into giving me the front and back of your credit card only that I do enjoy knowing who you are as a player, character and human being
-If the group feels as if I'm unfair in my ruling I have a secret DM who will not be apart of the campaign who will rule on it or in the event my integrity is brought into question we will secret ballot

Game Rules
- Everyone starts up with one character. If this one dies for some reason, then there are remaining stasis units underground, in which other humans reside that haven’t woken up yet. So every time a survivor dies, a new one awakens to take their place.
- I prefer real life photos as opposed to anime ones but by all means feel no need to perfectly fit into what I want. It's your character have fun with it.
- No age restrictions, but maturity restrictions. Please be a mature teen than be a god modding forty year old. I have no desire to get involved between 2 players arguing
- Up to three skills that automatically pass any skill check with the expectation there will be a similar amount of flaws. Don't say I'm good at fighting but your flaw being cooking make them somewhat equivelent.
- Include Character Flaws and Weaknesses. No one is perfect.
- You can be anyone. From a high school student to a gangster or even a member of a royal family.
- This is a realistic roleplay taking place in the rather near future. Humans are humans, no superhuman abilities. The same applies to animals. Evolution is a very slow process.
- Questions are to be asked in the OOC tab.

Can I join
- I will review CS until 5/21/2020 when we will begin if there is enough players
-Send CS via PM or along with your interest you just lose the element of surprise to other PCs no big deal
-I will PM once accepted or to talk to you about your CS basically once you get a PM its about 90% guaranteed
-When in doubt shoot me a message best of luck and stay safe out there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back