• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Medieval Adventure (open & accepting)

Rin Nyx

One Thousand Club
In Character | Out Of Character Chat | Character Sheets

Setting:

Medieval fantasy. Magic is medium frequency -- It's still rare, but it's common enough to have some magic items effect everyday life (such as rich families having access to some magic items for creature-comforts, like traveling clothes that clean themselves every hour, or farming villages saving up to buy something to benefit the whole village, like a hat that allows the wearer to know what the next day's weather will be like, etc).​

We are starting out in the continent of Adica in the kingdom of Lothlin, where the primary race is human. Other races exist and are welcome in Lothlin, but humans are more abundant as most other races hail from other countries and continents. Lothlin, at the moment, is experiencing an era of peace, with trade flourishing and travel abundant -- as such, seeing species other than humans is fairly common at the moment. However, there has also been a rising rate of monster sightings and attacks, causing trade to start to slow and calling for a rising need in hired help to keep caravans protected.​

I don't have an overarching story line set in stone or anything, but I will set up quests that characters can go on, and as we get familiar with characters and build relations we will grow into more character based arcs and everything. In this way, the characters will really help shape the world and story.

I'm running this rp with some inspiration from d&d: namely, there will be stats and a dice mechanic, but it will be a loose one. Dice aren't necessary for everything, but sometimes they're nice to have to make things more fair or more interesting. They also already have a wide variety of monsters that I will occasionally be using for combat encounters. That being said, this is not a d&d campaign. There will be a lot of monsters and races not in that world, and the dice mechanics are not going to be used for everything in order to encourage more of a writing focus.

Rules:
  • Please read all the rules before making a character sheet. Also, be prepared for a long and detailed character sheet.
  • If you're going to join up, please be active! If you are going to be away for some time, please exit interactions and put your character somewhere out of the way.
  • Try not to leave people behind, I don't want to leave for an hour and come back to 3 whole pages of rp interactions that I have to catch up on. But, don't get stuck waiting forever, either. If you're waiting on someone for an interaction and they haven't replied in a couple days with no explanation or whatnot, feel free to break away from that interaction.
  • This is a semi-detailed roleplay. In other words, I want legible writing with a minimum amount of spelling and grammar errors (though, of course, typos happen and are understandable).
  • You should have a decent sized post, not a bunch of short responses that add nothing to the story. Look at setting, moods, thoughts! I'm not putting a strict post minimum, because sometimes it just doesn't make sense to have a long post in response to something and I don't want fluff for the sake of fluff, but please don't have all of your posts be short. I like length and content, and if I find your content lacking often, I will get on your case and have you change it.
  • Please be respectful of other players! I will not tolerate fighting between players in the IC or OOC. If you have a problem with something, you can discuss it civilly in the OOC, but there will be no fighting! NO FIGHTING! (seriously. I will get mad, and will likely kick someone out.) If you can't work it out yourselves, I am here as a mediator. I will look at the situation and come up with a solution. If you don't like my solution, then TOO BAD, because next rule:
  • What I say, goes! Now, if you have a problem with something I or my character does, feel free to bring up your concerns (politely), but I do have final say as GM.
  • If you've read all of the rules, please put one of the following at the bottom of your character sheet: your favorite color, food, or animal.
  • Cussing is okay. Gore is okay to a point (don't be overly gross about it, but you don't need to skirt around the fact of blood or dismemberment or whatnot). There's going to be fighting and death and whatnot in this rp. If you're not okay with cussing or written detailed gore, this isn't the rp for you. There will be romance available in this rp as well, but please keep in mind that RPN doesn't allow any sexual content above a pg-13 rating.
  • Don't be OP. Seriously. Weaker characters that grow and get stronger over time are more fun than characters that are already super strong. 'Perfect' characters are also not allowed. This means that you can't go into a battle and expect to come out unscathed. Seriously. Some of this will be curbed with the dice rolls, but if I see that you aren't being fair in combat or other aspects with your character, I will override you. (an example of being 'OP': someone rolls to hit your character with a warhammer. They hit, write out their post. You respond by saying something like "Mary Sue sees the warhammer coming towards her and moves at the last second. The weapon hits, but only as a small graze on her arm." That's not cool. Unless warhammer person rolled for damage (which is rare, since I want to focus more on the writing than the dice mechanics for that stuff) after the hit and rolled a total of 1, that's not how getting hit works.
  • Don't kill another person's character without permission. Yes, characters are going to die. But usually by monsters and the like. Character-on-character deaths are an option, but get permission from the other person for their character to die. That being said, also please try not to get so attached to your characters that you never let them die in any circumstances. Sometimes, death just makes sense. But I will generally mark down when a quest has a high death chance if you really want to avoid killing your character. Remember, not all fight losses have to end in death. Unconsciousness, retreat, etc. are all options as well.
  • Just generally be fair, and have fun.
Please wait to post here until I put up the first post.

Last edited:
Part I - Introductions / It Begins
Part I - Introductions/It Begins!
Length: Short (hopefully)
Goal: Introduce characters, maybe gather information to start on some quests which will lead us to Part II

Setting/Relevant info:
In the Kingdom of Lothlin, there are several small farming villages along the border between it and the neighboring kingdoms. Along the cost are several port towns and plenty of fishing villages. In the main bulk of the kingdom lie numerous villages, small towns, and even some larger towns, mostly scattered along the plentiful trade routes going in and out of the kingdom. However, all of them pale in comparison to the huge city nestled against a mountain towards the center of the kingdom. This city is where all of the trade routes meet up and is the capital of the kingdom, where the current royal family sits on the throne, led by King Corrin. The city is called Osthaven.
Lothlin has many natural resources, bordering the coast as well as being home to several forests, lush plains and fertile land, and several mountains that are a part of a larger range that stretches along the continent. As such, it is a rich and plentiful land, and trade is flourishing, though not as much as it seems it should, as monsters have begun to roam the lands much more frequently. Travelers of all kinds are warned of the dangers on the road, and only the incredibly unprepared go out into the world without some form of protection.

Currently, it is moving into harvest season. The weather is beginning to cool down, and to most, the temperature is quite pleasant and mild. It is about midday, and there are a few clouds in the sky. We are starting in or near the farming town of Fairbarrow, where the villagers are friendly and seem used to seeing people of all kinds. Though the population is mostly human, there is a higher concentration of other races located here. It is a slightly larger town, being one of the last stops along the trading route before going into a stretch of uninhabited land between Lothlin and one of the neighboring kingdoms. The uninhabited land is a mix of forests and plains. The town of Fairbarrow itself is backed by woods to the West, a small creek running between the town and the woods. The rest of the town is surrounded by farming land. In the town proper, there's a single inn with a tavern that seems to serve as the town's main hub, serving food, drinks, and general entertainment. There is a small town center where the town hall is located and things like festivals are held. In both the tavern and town center, a board is put up with papers tacked to them containing news and job postings. There are a few small shops in town as well, and many of them cater to the needs of the merchants and traders that are heading out onto the trade road.

[[The NEW plan, now with bold info!]]
Currently, it's moving into harvest season. The weather is beginning to cool down, and to most, the temperature is quite pleasant and mild, perhaps a bit chilly in the higher elevations of the city of Osthaven, where we are starting.
Osthaven is a huge city, with people constantly going in and out of it. There are several taverns, restaurants, and inns, as well as many shops that provide services such as blacksmithing, armor outfitters, merchants of slightly cursed objects, travel supplies, so on and so forth. However! Being that it is the capital of the kingdom, most items are imported here from around the country, and traveling is expensive at the moment. Not to mention that the city is filled with people, so demand is high, meaning that goods and services purchased here are more expensive than in smaller towns. The exception is in raw iron ore, since iron ore is the main export from the city, being that it is nestle against a mountain. Speaking of which...
Osthaven is surrounded by mountains that stretch around it in a sort of arc, covering the southeast, east, and northeast. The large, intimidating fortress of the castle where King Corrin resides is nestled against these mountains in the rich part of the city. Due to being nestled up against the mountain, Osthaven has a slightly larger population of Dwarves and similar mountain-dwelling races, though it's main population is still human, and being a hub of trade they do still encounter other races on a daily bases. To the northwest of Osthaven is a large forest, full of game and several berry-producing plants. There are some farming fields outside of these areas, but not many, as the ground to the easterly areas are more rocky and most food in the way of crops is imported into the city anyway. Instead, there are some nomadic herdsmen that tend to stick near the city that sell meats and dairy products from their herds. A lot of the people that live in or near Osthaven are miners, mining the mountain for iron.
The people of Osthaven tend to ignore most people -- it is a large city, after all, you can't stop to say hi to everyone. In this way, many people from smaller villages consider the 'city folk' to be rude, though if you do get past the awkwardness of starting a conversation with a stranger in the city, you might find them to be pleasant enough. Then again, the city takes all kinds, and you can also be met with rudeness and suspicion.

[[Alright, from here feel free to post. I will occasionally be putting up rumors and the like for your characters to interact with, or if you want to interact with some NPC's and want to get information out of them I can also provide info for them to give out. Basically, let's start with the introductions!]]

[[Important info! Please Have your Character Name and Location at the top of each of your posts so that it is easy to figure out where everyone is at any point in the rp. If we all stick together all the time, I might nix the location unless you're away from the group, but for now let's make it easy for everyone to find each other. You guys may begin! Apple Thief Apple Thief Vampiricdoll Vampiricdoll Archdemon Archdemon Rumble Fish Rumble Fish ]]

Last edited:
Hananya Thirío
The forest outside Osthaven

The deer nibbled away daintily at the patch of grass it had found within the clearing of the otherwise dense and mossy forest. It’s large ears flickered, looking for any kind of danger but upon finding none, she continued to graze. Blissfully unaware of the Kéwan lurking behind her. The behemoth had herself low on the ground, her blue eyes staring it down with a subtle growl in her throat. She moved one paw in front of the other, staring the doe down. She was not going to let it escape. She needed the food. She lowered herself as much as possible… stepping closer…. And then…

Something startled the doe. Hananya jumped at the sudden "pzzt" of what could only be an arrow as it struck the deer in the hindquarters, causing the creature to yowl and fall from the shock. Angrily, Hananya stood up to her full 9ft height, seeing three men on horseback approaching the dead deer.
Anger suddenly boiled inside Hananya. No! That was her kill! And this was not the first time this had happened! Launching out of the bushes, hackles raised and claws poised she released a deafening roar towards the hunters. It caused their horses to rear, throwing two of the men off and one bolting away, taking the third with him. The pair still there stared at her as if she was some kind of demon. They poised their arrows towards her but she simply stood upright again, glaring them both down.
"What do we do?" She heard one of the men whisper, despite his voice being nearly silent.
"I don't know..." the other hissed before looking right at her and speaking louder, "...You're one ugly son of a bitch, aren't ya?" That was typical, assuming she could not speak or was unintelligent. Hananya did not rise to this and continued glaring with a subtle growl in her threat. She wasn't glaring at the men though, it was their horses that were standing right behind them. This was not the first time she had encountered humans while hunting and she learned that once their horses bolted, normally they would be more upset about that and chase them rather than attack her.

Sure enough the horses lost their nerves and turned their tails to run back into the woods and the men, seemingly forgetting about her turned around and started shouting after them. Seeing her chance, Hananya stooped down to grab the dead dear and throw it over her shoulder to carry it. She took that moment to scan her surroundings. The clearing was wide with a barrier of trees surrounding it. Just in the distance she could see the city, presumably where they came from. It could not be very far. But Hananya was not going to go anywhere near it. Her hideout was further into the forest.
"Oi! Put that down!" And with that she felt a stabbing pain in her right shoulder blade. Hananya howled and spun around to look at the two men, who now seemed to have swords out. Despite her injury, Hananya's rage overpowered the pain as she charged at the two men, roaring at them. That seemed to frighten them enough for them to turn and chase their horses. Hananya snarled after them before standing upright again. She could feel the arrow in her shoulder, but her thick skin lessened the blow a little. She huffed and grabbed the doe again before heading back into the forest. "Humans..." she growled to herself as she went

Last edited:
Pia Nalar
Osthaven

"Oh my, what a lovely city!" Pia exclaimed as she entered through the gates, with a skip in her step. "There seem to be so many wealthy people here. This'll make the perfect place for my performance." She thought to herself. She decided to find a nice open place for herself, dropping her bag onto the floor she then pulls out her harp from her bag. She also pulls out a large mug and places it in front of her. She clears her through and strums a few keys on her harp.

(Uhh, the drums are her feet stomping I guess lmao.)

Afterwards, she found her mug to still be empty. She frowned and tried again, only to find one gold piece inside. "A bunch of selfish bitches I see." She mumbled. Instead of singing, she just continued to play her instrument Ambiance-like hoping that would attract the crowd instead.

(I'm sorry this post is so short. I want to keep her open for interaction. /// I promise I'll do bigger posts eventually.)

Hananya Thirío
Osthaven
After Hananya had safely got her doe back to her hideout, she was not quite sure what to do. She had all the meat she needed to go through the next few days. But she did not have herbs. And the wound in her shoulder was still painful, even though she had managed to pull the arrow out. She sighed as she sat outside the mouth of her cave, trying to think of how to fix it. The herbs she would need could not be found in the forest. She would have to go into the city. The creature sighed deeply. She really did not want to go there. Especially after that episode with the hunters. They were probably telling everyone about it. Then again... she really needed those herbs or it could get infected. Reluctantly, she grabbed her cloak and began making her way to the city...

After some time, she had made her way into the city walls, keeping herself covered with her hood as to not attract attention to herself. It was her tail that would probably give her away, but due to her anxiety, it stayed tucked between her legs. She did not quite know where to go, as she had hardly come to the city except for a couple of times. But she could smell the herbs so she had an idea as to where to go. As she walked, her ears flickered under her hood, picking up every sound. She could hear mutters of people who were curious and/or confused at her height. She might as well had gone without the cloak, her size would give it away.

As she walked, something caught her attention. Music? Her ears flicked around and her focus was broken by the melody. Looking around, she found the source. A smaller looking female plucking away at a harp. Granted anyone looked small to Hananya but this girl was... wow. She was afraid of tripping over her! She walked over, still listening. It was very nice... But then her attention was brought to her empty mug, except for one coin. Everybody walked by as if she was not there... Ungrateful... digging into her cloak pocket, she picked out a few coins. Marian had given her a sum of coins when she had moved out but she was beginning to run out... still... the girl didnt seem to have much herself. She stooped down and took the mug off of the ground. If she simply dropped the coins, they would have missed it completely. She put the coins in the cup and then placed it back in front of the girl. "That's nice." she said before looking around, "...Shame others don't see it." Vampiricdoll Vampiricdoll

Orion Dredg

A large Orcish man walked among the humans of the town clearly towering over most of them. He heard of music somewhere, but he ignored it mostly since he had business. The Orc garnered many an interested stare, as he walked on through the people, some curious and others scared. He walked heard barking and looked down to see a little German Shepard, probably barely older than 3 months, barking up a storm.

The giant Orc squatted down as the dogs owners ran up to him. The man was about to say something with fright but saw that the puppy was fine. The Orc was giving it belly rubs and pets, yet he had a stone cold face on showing now emotion. He spoke without looking at the owners.

"This one can make a great warrior, train it well humans."

He then got up and walked away with the puppy and its owners staring off after the Orc. The puppy was panting happily while the owners looked at each other confused.

Interaction: Open

Atla

Atla's stomach growled as she walked down a street full of foo--people. Full of people. Several of whom actually took time out of their busy lives to look at the heavily armed, scantily clad woman walking down the street, most acting snobbishly offended at her visage, though several of the men (and a few women) kept up lingering stares before moving on. Atla seemed oblivious to all of this, her thoughts instead preoccupied with complaints, such as When can I eat next? and Why is it so hot in the south?

Despite the woman's physical discomforts, she was here for a reason. A huge city such as this just had to have information on how to cure herself...she hoped. Still, she had no money, so she wasn't sure how far she'd get in a place like this when it came to gathering information. She didn't even really know where to go...she was used to a small, quiet life living amongst her tribe, this was nothing like that. When she tried to talk to people here to ask them where to go, most completely ignored her and kept walking, while others turned their noses up at her and turned away. This left Atla confused, frustrated, and ready to punch somebody. She was thoroughly annoyed by the time she walked past an alleyway and had a man call out lewd comments towards her, insinuating what she should do to him for money. That was the last straw for Atla. She swiftly turned, hand closed in a fist, and swung at the man, her knuckles connecting with his face and sending him sprawling along the ground. This garnered the attention of his buddies, who, despite making fun of the idiot sprawled on the ground for 'getting knocked down by a girl', were not about to let such an insult go that easily.

Soon, several men surrounded Atla, herding her into the alleyway slightly. The man whom she had punched picked himself up off the ground, glaring at her. "You think you're so tough, eh? You think you're better than us? You just caught me off-guard, you little slut!" the thug called, charging in with a closed fist to try to return the punch, while two of the thugs behind the woman tried to grab her to hold her in place.
The words only served to anger Atla further, and as the two thugs behind her went to grab her, she grabbed their arms instead, using her strength to throw them in front of her and in the way of the first thug's punch. And with that, the fight began, as Atla began beating up the group of thugs, mostly dodging their attacks, though the few hits that did land on her didn't seem to do as much damage as they should have. Soon, the fight spilled out of the alleyway and into the streets, and after a loud cry of "Fight! It's a fight!" a small crowd began to gather to watch, with onlookers not bothering to step in to help the woman being attacked, but rather taking bets on who would win in the situation.

[[Open for Interaction]]​

Orion Dredg

Interaction: Rin Nyx Rin Nyx

The large Orc kept on walking, that is until he heard the words Fight. He followed the sounds and came upon a crowd of people. In the middle was a woman fighting off some men, she was doing pretty good for a human. The men were fighting decently it's just the girl was superior in combat.

Still The Orc hadn't fought at least in a week so he pushed through the crowd of people. He raised his fist and gave a powerful blow to one of the attackers and there was a cracking sound that went along with it. His jaw was probably shattered but now everyone looked at the new combatant.

The Orc was big, and his muscles were nothing to laugh at since they looked like they could kill a man just by flexing at him. He had a beard that moved a little bit in the wind and was jet black. His skin was a grayish green, or maybe a little of blue.... He wore some foreign clothing but to some of the wealthier people around, they would tell that he was from Orsica.

The Orc just stared at the men seeing if they would flee or fight now that a large man just entered the fray. The man wasn't even trying to save the girl, he just wanted to fight, he couldn't care less if she got hurt. He then cracked his knuckles as if he expected the men to fight him.

Pia Nalar
Osthaven

Pia frowned and was about to put her harp away when a large beast like creature picked up her mug and dropped a few coins inside, and then placing it back onto the ground. Pia slowly looked up at her, stopping at her face giving a large smile. "Thank you, ma'am!" She thanked. "It's nice to see a friendly face in a place full of strangers. I'm Pia Nalar, bard extraordinaire!" She greeted, doing a tiny curtsy. "I am very thrilled that you enjoyed my song. I came here to perform and earn gold, however, it isn't going as well as I had hoped." She rubbed the back of her neck, awkwardly. "So I don't see many people here like you. What brings you--" She stopped in her tracks when she heard a commotion. She turned her head and saw a crowd gathering around, and an orcish head peeking out from the crowd. "Oh my, what's this?" She wondered aloud. She looked up at her new found friend and smiled. "See now my curiosity is getting the better of me. I feel we should go see what this is about." The small bard grabbed Han's hand and lead her over to the crowd. Han's height worked in their favor because multiple moved out of the way, either in fear or just to avoid her.

Soon they reached the front of the crowd, which had an orc eyeing down a bunch of men, and a girl in the midst. Pia scanned the situation and her face went stern. "You know, this doesn't seem like a regular street fight to me. The woman has wounds and those men... I can tell they wanted something and she didn't give them to them." Pia gripped her harp tighter in her hands. After taking a deep breath she walked into the scene and smacked one of the men's head with her instrument, causing a gash to appear on his head. He yelled out in alarm and turned around and was about to hit her, but she caught his hand with hers. She smiled and stomped on his feet. "Think a little, would you?" She said. The man screamed and let go, revealing a burn mark where she had grabbed his hand. He ran off crying. "What a crybaby." She mumbled. She walked over to the woman and offered her hand while the other men were busy with the orc.

Archdemon Archdemon Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Last edited:
Hananya Thirío
Osthaven
Hananya was feeling really uncomfortable here. It was too loud, her sensitive ears picking up every little sound and so many smells were hitting her nose at once it was becoming unbearable. She really wanted to retreat back to the forest for safety. But she needed these herbs. The beast was hungry as well, she hadnt eaten all day but she did have that doe back at her den which she was looking forward to getting back to. She looked down at the small girl as she introduced herself. She nodded her head a little in response. She figured she should give the girl her own name in response, it was only polite wasn't it? "Nice to meet you, Pia." she answered. She had never been called 'ma'am' by anybody before. It was a strange experience. "I am Hananya Thirío." she added before listening to her speak. But while she tried to pay attention, her ears flicked around as she caught the sound of a commotion going on elsewhere. The girl seemed to have noticed it too as she suddenly grabbed Hananya's paw and was dragging her with her. Han roared slightly as it was her left arm being pulled, the same side as her injured shoulder. As she was pulled along, forced to bend over in quite an extreme manner to compensate for the girl's height.

As she was pulled along, she noticed a crowd as they drew closer. From her height, she could see very well what was going on. There was a woman surrounded by thugs and... an orc? She had only heard of Orcs from her books and had never seen one before. She could not spend too much time thinking about this as Pia suddenly let go of her hand and went ahead to... hit one of the men with her harp? She was quite impressed, but her thoughts were broken by a yowl from one of the spectators. She turned around to look at whoever it was, only to see part of the crowd staring at her like she was a monster. Han then realised that her hood had fallen down, completely exposing her. There was so much going on that it was becoming too much for the typically solitary beast. She tried to back out without being noticed- which was pretty much impossible with the amount of people there!

"What is that thing? It's huge! Look at its claws! Look at its teeth!" She could hear some voices shout, which only made her more uncomfortable. She turned her attention back to the men harassing the woman, seeing one of them being sent off crying like an infant when Pia attacked him. She couldnt help but chuckle. So she was a feisty wee thing. She frowned and pushed past people effortlessly as she got closer to the fight. It seemed that the Orc had it handled but she still wanted it to quieten down. "Wait! That's it!" A familiar voice made her jump, "That's the thing from the forest!" She turned around to see a clutter of men, the same hunters from before. Not wanting to go through that again, Han simply turned and growled at them. "I was being fair that time!" She snapped, causing them to gasp and jump back. What...? They were shocked she could speak? Typical. She turned her attention back to the fight, walking closer to see what was going on. Vampiricdoll Vampiricdoll Archdemon Archdemon Rin Nyx Rin Nyx

Atla

Atla continued to rage on the thugs, who were doing their best to fight back and gain up on her, though not very well. They seemed to become discouraged after an orc joined in on the fight out of the blue, shattering one of the men's jaws. That took them by surprise, and made them hesitate -- enough for Atla to jump on one of them and knock the man to the ground, where she began to punch his face repeatedly. This brought the thugs back into action, as the fight started up with renewed vigor, though shortly afterward another newcomer showed up, burning one of the thug's hands and sending him running off crying. The woman who had burned the thug went over to offer her hand to Atla, but the barbarian was too busy punching the other thug's face to notice.

Now, the men looked less sure of themselves. Against one woman, they believed themselves to be more than tough enough, but not only was the woman stronger than they expected, but another fighter had come in -- an orc, no less -- then they lost one of their men to some sort of fire magic...it was time for them to retreat. "We'll get you back for this!" "You better watch your back!" the thugs shouted as they began to back away into the alleyway, then turned to run away. Except for the one on the ground, who was still pinned by Atla, getting repeatedly pummeled in the face. One of his buddies seemed to notice this and ran forward to grab him and try to yank him away from the raging woman. While he just barely managed to tear the man away from the barbarian's grasp, the woman did something unexpected as he did. She bit the pinned man's arm while he was being pulled away. The thug let out a loud scream as a chunk of his skin was ripped away as his friend pulled, and they both scrambled backwards after he was free. "Y-you bitch!" He yelled loudly before scrambling and running away.

Atla watched as they left, resisting the urge to give chase. Her eyes were slightly glowing when she had taken the bite out of the man, but now the glow was fading, as if it were a trick of the light or something. Still, the barbarian swallowed the chunk of flesh she had taken from the man's arm, moving her arm up to wipe the blood from her mouth. Damn, still hungry... she thought to herself as she began to breathe in and out slowly, attempting to come down from her rage. After a moment, she glanced back at the few who had joined in the fray and the crowd that had gathered to watch. Some of the crowd was exchanging coins from their bets, some were looking at Atla with disgust as she still had the man's blood on her (though it was smeared on her face and arm now), others looked impressed and were distracted by either the orc, the barbarian, or the bard. And others were watching someone other than the fighters -- a large, beast-like figure that seemed to have also been watching the fight. It was an odd crowd, and Atla suddenly felt very uncomfortable being in the middle of it. This wasn't a fight like she was used to, and it wasn't people just ignoring her. Suddenly feeling very shy, the girl picked herself up off of the ground -- she would have felt bad getting the bard's hand dirty with all the blood she had on them -- and brushed herself off, shrinking away from the crowd a bit and almost using the orc to hide herself a little, since the man was so large.

"Uhmm...anyone know where there's a storyteller or something around here...?" Atla finally asked towards anyone who would answer her, though she spoke quietly. She was unfamiliar with the concept of a library, as her tribe didn't have anything like it. The equivalent in her tribe would have been the tribe elders and storytellers, who dedicated their lives to teaching. So, that is what she was seeking for, hoping to find answers for a cure. But, for most of the crowd, it was a very odd request from a strange, bloody barbarian.
Archdemon Archdemon Vampiricdoll Vampiricdoll Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Orion Dredg

The Orc had joined into the fight and soon later some small person joined in and sent a man crying with burnt hands. Then the men retreated like cowards saying they'll get them back. Then the scantily clad woman just bite a chunk of flesh from one of the men, which impressed the Orc.

Now suddenly more stuff was going on, there was a giant beast woman. He turned as the barbarian woman said something about a storyteller.

"The only stories you'll find are in books in a Library should you know how to read... Warrior Woman."

The last bit seemed to be more of a respectable name for Atla. Or maybe not, the Orc spoke with such a serious tone it's hard to know what he meant. He walked towards Han and the hunters, he saw how big the beast woman was. She looked like a good opponent but judging by the stance she has taken, she has barely any combat experience. He turned to the hunters who seem to know her and where quite aggressive. The Orc just stood there waiting for a fight to happen so he could just jump in and go crazy. He even looked ready for a fight, something The beast woman and the Hunters could clearly see.
Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Vampiricdoll Vampiricdoll Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Hananya Thirío
Osthaven
Hananya looked at the crowd as they continued to berate the woman... on her clothes. This really rubbed the beast the wrong way. She was hardly wearing anything herself except for her cloak, dark blue breeches- at least she thought that's what they were- and her wine red cape. But she was covered in fur unlike the woman so that was probably why she was not getting harassed for it. She looked at a few women who were muttering things under her breath but she could clearly hear what they were saying and there were words that she really did not think that should be said. She walked towards the woman and looked down at them "Y've had yer laugh, back off!" She snarled angrily at the women, who all looked at her, startled. It had the effect that the beastess wanted as they all yowled and backed away.

"Hey! Get away from them!" A voice made the beast snarl as she turned around to see the hunters, now with swords drawn staring at her in rage. She flattened her ears and threw off her cloak, completely exposing herself to the crowd. She really did not want to fight the men. This was about the warrior woman (as the Orc had referred her to) not her, but it seemed the thugs had left her alone, which was a relief. She had seen how the warrior woman had attacked one of them, so she was unsurprising at the response. She herself was quite impressed but she could not focus on it. The hunters were freaking her out, not that she could let them see that. Her wound on the shoulder was still bleeding and untreated but she could not pay attention to that. She had a high pain tolerance. "...I don't want t'fight ya." She growled before turning and attempting to walk away from the fight. But when she got only a few feet, something struck her in the back which made the Kewan howl and rear her head back, which seemed to spook the crowd.

She spun around, flailing her arm to try and grab what it was that had struck her. But all she could feel was a slash. It was from a sword! She noticed the hunters again which made her angrier. What were they trying to do!? She said she did not want to fight! She inhaled deeply and stood right up. Fine... if this is what they wanted! The beast released a inhuman roar, almost hurting her throat in the process. The hunters all looked at each other before running forward. Hananya's judgement was overshadowed by a voice in the back of her head, not to show any mercy. Attack the prey until it is dead! She swiped at the men and managed to strike one of them across the chest, but the other managed to get a hit on her right arm, which she barely noticed, only that he was there. She could only hope that others would not join in. She was not aware of the crowd that was gathering. Or the men behind her who were deciding to try and get her from behind.

What Han's roar sounds like btw:

Vampiricdoll Vampiricdoll Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Archdemon Archdemon

Atla

Atla looked concerned at the orc's words. Library? Read? She was in trouble. She knew how to read...at least, well enough. Her tribe hadn't had much of a focus on teaching such things, focusing instead on survival and the like, but they did write enough for simple things. Still, Atla was a slow reader, and definitely read at what would be considered a low level. Like a peasant who couldnt afford schooling and only knew the very basics of how to read and write. Besides, Atla wouldn't even know where to look for a thing such as a library. Her concern was short-lived regardless, as the large beast-like woman stepped in front of her to shoo off some of the crowd, only to be attacked by some of them.

Hunters struck out at the Kewan while she was attempting to walk away, spurring on a roar that sent most of the crowd watching running away screaming, while the hunters and the Kewan began to fight. Now, fighting was something that Atla could handle. At first she watched, believing that the Kewan should be able to have her revenged, then she noticed some of the hunters sneaking up to try to attack the woman from behind. Now that was just uncalled for. This was not some street-brawl fist fight, either -- these men had weapons, and looked like they intended to kill. Grabbing her shield and a handaxe from their various storage straps along her body, Atla held her shield in front of her, let out a warcry, and charged towards the men who were attempting to attack the Kewan from behind, plowing into them. The charge knocked down the one in front and forced the others to have to get through the barbarian woman in order to carry out their plan -- and considering the noise that Atla had made, their plan was probably moot at this point, since they were no longer exactly sneaky.

"She said she didn't want to fight, you bastards! But you know what? I'd be more than happy to take you on," the barbarian taunted, grinning towards the men with a mouthful of bloodied teeth from when she bit the thug earlier. She twirled her handaxe around in her hand for a moment to get a better grip on it, as well as to help with the intimidation factor, then got into a fighting stance, preparing to go in swinging the moment any of the men attempted to attack her or the Kewan.

Pia Nalar
Osthaven

Pia watched as the scene before her unfold, her newfound friend being attacked by hunters, and one of the strangers attacking them as well. Pia smiled and plucked her harp as she approached the fight scene as well.

"You know, when someone says they don't want to fight, you should leave them alone. Unlike you bastards who just want to pick a fight. The unintelligent decision if you ask me." She said looking at them in the eye. A small spark seemed to ignite in her eyes and she smiled. Hot flaming breath emerged and she chuckled. Her blonde hair caught fire and her skin turned a dark red. "I suggest you back out of this fight, now. Before you get anymore butthurt." She clenched the hand she had her harp in and it also lit on fire but wasn't being damaged. "Trust me, misters. Didn't your mother ever tell you not to play with fire? Oh! Wait a moment." She made a sarcastic face of surprise. "I bet you didn't grow up with any. Boo hoo!" She giggled and threw a small ball of fire towards their direction, just as a warning.​

Orion Dredg

Action: Beating up 3 guys!

When the fight started the Orc just went wild on the Hunters! He just rushed one guy and just Suplexed him into the ground. There was a sickening crack once his head hit the ground with force and he was essentially knocked out. Without even relenting he got back up and took into a stance against another Hunter. He swung his blade at the Orc which missed pretty badly, then led to a counter offensive in which the Orc grabbed the man by the scuff of his shirt. He raised his fist and soon teeth and the man flew across the street.

Others seem to join in one the Beast woman's side who gave a nasty strike to one of the men. The Orc moved to the side and waited for an opportunity. Once he got it he rushed forward and speared the third Hunter and a loud crunch could be heard essentially saying the man has broken ribs now. Oh and he's unconscious as well so there's that.

"Hahahaha! This is great! Best fight I've had in a week! Well the only fight I've had so far this week. Who's next!"

The Orc yelled at the remaining men. He was clearly having a great time, the Hunters? Probably not so much since they just lost 3 guys in the span of like 3-6 seconds due to the big Orc.

((BTW when I mean spear I mean a WWE spear.))
Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Vampiricdoll Vampiricdoll

Hananya Thirío
Osthaven
Hananya was too wound up to realize that she had backup. She was purely focused on the three men in front of her. She snarled as she grabbed one of them in her grip and attempted to throw him several feet into another person. She kept looking around, as if daring people around her to attack. She felt another slash on her side which made her howl and thrust her arm back, hitting whoever was behind her. Just as she did that, she suddenly felt something tighten around her neck. She gagged and tried to pull away from it. It felt tight and it rubbed against the skin under her neck. It must have been a rope! She looked up to see two men holding onto it and pulling vigorously. She snarled and pulled back, only to feel it constrict tighter against her neck. With a snarl, she stood upright and swung her head violently, sending the men up in the air. She roared as she kept feeling herself being attacked. What was going on!? At this point she felt completely blind, simply swiping her claws and thrusting forward with gnashing teeth in the hope to catch one of her attackers. Despite her thick skin, the wounds from the swords were beginning to take their toll. She could barely focus on what was going on and went completely wild. Anything unfortunate enough to be in her way got hit. Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Vampiricdoll Vampiricdoll Archdemon Archdemon
(short sorry, mind is preoccupied)

Atla

It looked like the hunters were going to keep fighting, so Atla charged into the fray, blocking attacks with her shield and striking one of the men with the blunt end of her hand axe, knocking him down briefly. She was about to kick the man in the head to knock him out, when suddenly--

"Aahhhh!" the barbarian let out a panicked scream as the short woman who had stepped in to help in the first brawl suddenly erupted in flames. Atla scrambled backwards, eyes wide in fear as she attempted to put as some distance between herself and the fire woman. Unfortunately, this left Atla open to attack. One of the hunters, seeing an opportunity to get the barbarian out of the way, charged towards her and tackled her to the ground, the two tumbling out into the street. In a way, this also protected the woman (and the hunter), as the Kewan woman began to rampage and attack indiscriminately, and they were now out of reach.

Not giving the barbarian woman any time to recover from the tackle, the hunter struck her on the side of the head with the butt of his sword to attempt to knock her out, apparently not seeing her as someone who should be killed, but still seeing her as someone getting in the way of the hunt, so to speak. Either way, the attack struck hard before the barbarian woman had had the time to react, and she seemed to go unconscious. The hunter got up and turned back to face the beast, only to be assaulted by a terrible stench, like that of death...

As the hunter had gotten up and turned away, Atla's body began to change, stretching out and growing taller, emaciated, eyes sinking in and beginning to glow as teeth and claws grew sharp. Her clothes seemed to just disappear, while her gear lay on the ground around her, having been dropped or fallen off as the change began. By the time the hunter was about to step back into the battle with the beast, Atla had changed completely, and the wendigo stood up from where she had been, the stench of death radiating off of her. To say that the creature was tall would be an understatement, as it towered at 10'3". The monstrous creature let out an inhuman yowl, then swiped at the hunter that had knocked her down before, claws raking against the man's body and the force of the attack sending him stumbling backwards. As soon as the man started stumbling back, Atla was on top of him, claws stabbing into the man and ripping into flesh. In that quick movement, the wendigo bit into the man, who screamed before falling unconscious from the pain and shock. The wendigo creature began to devour the man, who quickly went from unconscious to dead. Those in the crowd around them began to scream and run away, terrified of the monster that had suddenly appeared.

As the wendigo ate, she cared not for those running away. After consuming the hunter's flesh, however, the monster looked up, sharp, glowing eyes looking for its next target, then selecting one. Another screeched yowl, and the creature began to run at the men holding the ropes around the Kewan's neck, as they were the closest creatures to her that were still some distance away from the fire elemental. In the distance, yelling and the sound of armor striking the cobblestone roads could be heard, as it seemed the city guard was approaching.

Current Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Blood Lust activated

Strength: 18
Dexterity: 14
Constitution: 14
Intelligence: 8
Wisdom: 13
Charisma: 9

Pia Nalar
Osthaven

Pia watched as the men roped the Kewen's neck, and Atla crawled away from her in fear, but nothing but rage filled her eyes. She didn't care what anyone thought of her. She sneered and ran towards one of the men, barely dodging the swipe from Han. The large beast's claws mangled her shoulder pretty bad, but the adrenaline didn't make it feel like anything. (it would later though.) She ran towards the hunter with inhuman speed and chucked a ball of fire towards him. Sadly, her aim was off and over scorched his feet and since he was wearing leather boots, it didn't make much difference. Pia was tired of everything that was going on. The base of her fire started to turn blue, a sign that she was ticked.
"Let her GO!!!" She screamed at them, her fiery hair blazing. If she couldn't hit them, she'd try to scare them away.

(I'm so sorry this is short, I don't have a lot of time to reply bc of school.)
Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Archdemon Archdemon

Hananya Thirío
Osthaven

Hananya shrieked as she swung around blindly, desperately trying to attack whatever was around her. Just as she was attacking, she felt something hot touch her hand which made her yowl and swipe, only for her to catch sight of who it was she had attacked. Seeing Pia, Han's mind instantly cleared. She stood upright, breathing shallowly. No, did she hurt her!? Han did not have long to think about this as she suddenly felt something attack her. With a roar, she spun back around, seeing different looking men now. Were they guards? They were looking at her in shock, but then they seemed to notice something behind her, which made them scream.

Turning around, the beast yowled at the sight of an even bigger beast! It seemed to have come from the warrior woman, and it was now devouring a man! What!? But she knew that it was the woman, turning back towards the guards, she dropped back onto all fours and despite being burned, slashed, bleeding and with an arrow in her shoulder, roared at the guards with her hackles raised like a guard dog. There had been enough! Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Vampiricdoll Vampiricdoll

Orion Dredg

He saw a very strange thing, for one the tiny fire elf turned into more fire and was warding off the hunters. Then the warrior woman turned into a monster! The way it looked and the way it killed a guy reminded him of stories from the north. It is said that sometimes when Orcs consume flesh of their kin they turn into monsters of unending hunger. They feast and feast yet they are never satisfied. Whether the those monstrosities are caused by Cannibalism or magic is unknown to the Orc, matter of fact he doesn't know much about these creatures other than myth.

Either way he wasn't taking any chances and pulled out a sword, turned it over to the blunt side, and tried to hit the Monster. Contact was never made due to the fact that the beast transformed back into the girl, who was way shorter than the monster. Well this was a strange way to start out the day.
Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Vampiricdoll Vampiricdoll

Atla

A couple of the hunters saw the large blue flame of the elemental, then coupled with the Kewan's roar, decided to get out of there and run away. Others took the opposite approach and began to charge at the elemental, seeing her flaring up as a challenge.

The wendigo's charge toward more of the hunters was halted as the orc charged at her, attempting to hit her with the blunt end of his sword. The creature snarled and dodged out of the way, quickly lashing out for a counterattack, when suddenly, it just stopped. Inches away from clawing at the orc, the wendigo drew back, it's elongated, clawed hands moving to it's face instead in some invisible struggle as it seemed to let out a pained cry before shrinking down, the stench of death fading away as its form changed, and soon Atla stood in her regular form again. The woman looked panicked for a moment before retreating, running back to her shield and items on the ground and grabbing them quickly. Though there weren't many left, some of the hunters pursued her, as they saw the monster that she had become and were now keen on killing several monsters instead of just one. The barbarian just barely had the time to grab her stuff and turn to face the oncoming hunters when the city guard finally arrived on scene, surrounding the fight and closing in with their glaives and spears.

"HALT!" the guards shouted as they came upon the chaos, causing most of the hunters to stop their fighting and back off. Any that did not stop fighting were met with a show of force from the guards. Several guards also approached the Kewan, attempting to calm her down while also prepared to use force to restrain her. "What in the world happened here?" one of the guards chimed in incredulously, seeing several unconscious bodies and the gruesome, mostly-eaten corpse of the unfortunate hunter. Several of the hunters chimed in, pointing fingers at the Kewan, the Orc, the Elemental, and the Barbarian. "They were causing trouble! The beast was aggressive and we were protectin' the townsfolk!"

"That's a lie!" Atla interrupted, but was drowned out by another hunter who pointed at her.

"That one turned into a monster and ate Greg! Don't trust anything she says!" the man yelled, fear clear in his voice. Well, that was the truth, Atla couldn't really argue that.

"You are ALL under arrest!" one of the guards, likely the captain, declared. "Until we can conduct a full investigation and get to the bottom of this mess, all of you will be detained!" he clarified and motioned to the other guards, several of whom began to move forward to arrest everyone involved, hunters and others alike.

Archdemon Archdemon Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Vampiricdoll Vampiricdoll

Hananya Thirío
Osthaven
Hananya's senses cleared and as it did, she suddenly became aware of exactly what was going on. The monster had turned back into the woman that she had seen before. What was she? Hananya had read about her kind before but she could not remember the name. Her sensitive ears picked up everything that was going on which was winding the Kewan up. Being so used to the quiet tranquility of the woods, this was far too much for her. She saw that different men had appeared, ones in shiny armor and holding spears. They were all yelling. The beast flattened her ears and attempted to slip away from the crowd which was almost impossible due to her size.

"Get it!" A voice made her jump before turning around to see the guards were approaching her with their spears poised towards her. She stopped and kept still, looking at them. She could hear all their whispers and all their words which just made her angry. She just knew they simply saw her as a dumb animal who did not know any better and simply followed instincts. "Okay." One of the guards turned around to face the crowd of people, "Who fed it? That's why it's here!" It was that statement that drove Hananya over the edge. It? IT!? With a snarl, Hananya stood fully erect but tried to keep herself calm. "'Scuse me but I can explain what-"

"It can talk?!" A wave of voices smacked Hananya in the ears, which angered her more. But this "revelation" did not seem to deter the guards as Hananya suddenly felt a blunt force on the back on her head, making the beast yowl and fall forward onto all fours. Just as she did, she felt something heavy being placed around her neck and around her wrists. The Kewan snarled angrily, "What're you doing?!" but her question was only more guards as they started poking her in the backside with their spears. She tried to pull away from her chained restraints but a combination of exhaustion, hunger and her sustained injuries forced her to give up.

"I'll tell you what happened!" A familiar voice of one of the instigators of the fight spoke up, "That found it's way in here and started attacking us, but when we fought back that-that... Thing, the Orc and the Elemental all attacked! They should be killed! These creatures are murderers!" There was a few murmurs in the crowd as the guards went around arresting the other humans, in a far less forceful manner as they had to her. The words from the hunter enraged the Kewan "THAT IS NOT-!" She felt another blunt force on the back of her head, making her growl. They were now pulling on the chains, forcing her to stay up even though she really just wanted to lie down. She looked to the others, hoping they were not going through the same. None of this was their fault. Hananya stayed put. No, it was entirely her own fault, if she never rose up to those hunters the brawl would not have happened and people would not be dead. Once everything calms down (if it does) she would apologize to them, they didnt deserve it. She shut her eyes and tried to shut everything out. "Vile beasts, I thought they were wiped out." one of the guards said, standing very close to her, possibly on purpose.
Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Vampiricdoll Vampiricdoll Archdemon Archdemon

Niiko Falone
Central Osthaven

Niiko was on the hunt. Well, hunt meaning on the lookout for a gold-filled pocket to pick. Living at a nearby inn meant rent was due every so often, and Niiko just so happened to be a little tight on cash at the moment. As the half-elf walked, her silver eyes would rake the crowd in front of her up and down, looking for any potential victims who were well-endowed in money and absent in observance skills; perhaps a wealthy noble who'd had a bit too much to drink, or a haughty man focused too much on the woman at his arm and not enough on the people around him. It was almost a game to find the right person, in a way.

With her hood pulled over her head to hide both her elf-like features and the slit in her eyebrow (a signature of allegiance to the Thieves Guild), Niiko spotted the perfect target. A young man, maybe even as young as she, hanging on the edge of a gaggle of other men, all laughing a bit too loud at their jokes and concentrated only on each other. Only one word for people like this, the poisoned word laying stagnant on her tongue.

Tourists.

She sighed in contempt just at the thought of the word, adjusted her cloak and lurked behind them for a moment, deciding the proper time to strike. Just a moment, and...ah.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" Niiko exclaimed, stumbling into the blonde-haired man. Her hood flopped off her head quite dramatically, revealing caramel skin, exotic eyes and thick, curly hair.

"It's quite alright, honey," he purred back, sliding an arm around her shoulders, "but you know, a little girl like you aught to be more careful in a big city like this."

She blushed all the way to her ears, replying in a voice higher than her usual one, "It's my first time traveling here, actually. I'm supposed to meet my cousin at the marketplace. I'm afraid I need to hurry if I don't aim to be late."

"Then I guess you must be on your way. Safe travels!" He called after her as she hurried off, fixing her hood back over her head and grinning evilly once he could no longer see her face, making a turn into an alleyway and disappearing from the general mass to count her fortunes. From his person, she'd collected more than a month's rent in gold, as well as a nice silver ring that fit her middle finger perfectly. Perhaps I should look into theatre as a profession, she laughed to herself, depositing the money into an inner pocket in her cloak, fastening it shut and trotting back into the maze of a city, wondering if today might bestow upon her some action.

A young villager-turned-slayer climbs the stairway of destiny! Will his pride be his undoing? Or will he rise above his petty fears and into greatness?

Kyle.png
STR: 14 (+2)

DEX: 12 (+1)

CON: 17 (+3)

INT: 15 (+2)

WIS: 12 (+1)

CHA: 10 (+0)

Samwur Millerson
(Ambling into Osthaven...)

Every great adventure starts in a big city and Sonny knew you couldn't find a bigger or better city than Osthaven to begin his own legend. Sometimes referred to as the 'Jewel of Lothlin', this sprawling hub of trade and culture is a magnet for young upstarts looking to become rich and famous; every time a great beast is slain, a wizard forges a powerful spell, or an artifact goes out of control, it's almost always in Osthaven. Most of these tales started in some dingy tavern or even the legendary Silver Harp, but Sonny's own tale broke the norm when he felt he was struck with destiny in the middle of a crowded street.

He had been window shopping since early noon, his feet walking the weary stones for the very first time in his life. While crossing the road to visit some epic fight a block or two away, Sonny had seen her traveling in another direction; a tiny girl, seemingly ordinary with her travel clothes and her hood concealing most of her face. It was just a glance, but he'd had a rush of clarity when he happened to notice her unusual features. He had only heard of skin so dark in stories, but silver eyes? Never! And that gleaming ring on her middle finger... could it be-?!

A royal in disguise!

"No no no, this shite only happens in stories." Sam chattered to himself, "There's no way. Wouldn't she be recognized? Her face isn't covered! But... maybe if she was a foreign princess... well, maybe the cousin of a duchess or something..."

That's gotta be it, she's only related to royalty. There didn't seem to be any strong looking men trying to discreetly follow her, so she was either a master of sneaking away or someone unimportant enough to be recognized on the street, doubly so in foreign kingdoms. Not looking to make a fuss, Sonny decided to nonchalantly follow her himself and see if she did any 'rich person things', like spend money or curtsy or tell some commoner to eat cake. How exciting! Only a few hours into Osthaven and he was trailing a noble in disguise! If this didn't end up with him being some cool bodyguard to somebody famous, he was going to eat a clod of dirt, so help him!

Of course, Sonny wasn't exactly a master of sneaking himself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back