• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Medieval Adventure (open & accepting)

Niiko Falone
Somewhere in Osthaven...
Somebody was following her. After two obscure turns that led into a mostly abandoned residential street that few ever venture to (as it's claimed to be haunted), she was sure of it. The culprit?

Some weird teenager with green hair and an apparent death wish.

In that moment, Niiko had a wicked idea that would be the most amusing part of her week, easy. She stopped for a moment, seeming to ponder the cobblestone-lined roads ahead. Making sure the boy behind her caught sight of her direction, the half-elf disappeared behind a boarded-up house. The Mortways will be perfect, she thought about the narrow passageways that could lead you to almost anywhere in the city, if you knew the way and were brave enough to travel it; it was also a hub for criminal activity. You could get any illegal service from the boarded up windows and shadowy figures walking along it that you desired.

She traveled the Mortways slower than usual, making sure her "companion" kept up well enough. He trailed at a decent distance away, she'd give him that, but he still had trouble following her through all the different twists and turns. Eventually, she'd found her stop. A sharp turn left, then another to the right into a long, nasty alley. Another left turn to a roundabout that positioned her blocking the exit, and her tailgater in front of her.

"So, why don't you tell me who paid you off to track me," she paused, nonchalantly sweeping the hem of her cloak back so he could see one of her daggers, "or the next time I ask you I won't be as nice."

A young villager-turned-slayer climbs the stairway of destiny! Will his pride be his undoing? Or will he rise above his petty fears and into greatness?

Kyle.png
STR: 14 (+2)

DEX: 12 (+1)

CON: 17 (+3)

INT: 15 (+2)

WIS: 12 (+1)

CHA: 10 (+0)

Samwur Millerson
(Ambling into Osthaven...)

It started off as a nice, brisk walk; the city was lively, the sun was shining, and there was a pep in Sonny's step as he follow another's pace through the crowds. His elation slowly dimmed as she began to walk to more questionable looking parts of the city, far from the busy crowds of people. The cheerful cobblestone roads turned to narrow and menacing passages, winding through the city like a jagged scar. Grimy places where the sun didn't peek in enough and beady eyes leered from boarded up windows. Out of instinct, Sonny pulled out his club and nervously toyed with it, unaware that his demeanor and weapon were bringing unwanted attention to himself.

Suddenly, she was gone! He quickened his pace, but the turns were too quick for him, he... wait, maybe did she go thi- wait, isn't this a dead end--

"So, why don't you tell me who paid you off to track me..." a voice behind him spoke, "or the next time I ask you I won't be as nice."

Ohhh, someone was blocking the only way out. Stupid! He quickly turned, and to his surprise, it was the 'princess' he had been following. Her voice didn't match the one he imagined in his head, and was that... a dagger? Maybe it was something in her tone or the way she casually threatened him, but he suddenly felt very sheepish following a small girl around the city like he was.

Oh shit, why was he holding a weapon?! His face flushed as he quickly hid his club behind his back. "Oh, uhhh.... what? Oh! I'm broke..." Sonny awkwardly spoke, "No no no, I mean... haha, I thought you were... rich! Ahahaha! Wait no, I'm just... Wait, you think I followed you? I mean...wait..."

Wow. Okay, lets try this again.

Sonny held up his free hand and composed himself. His ears were still burning some, but he finally pushed through the embarassment. He began once more, "I saw you in the street and thought you were, ahhh... well, I saw your ring and thought you might be some sort of.... princess? In disguise?" Yes, that's why he followed her!

For some reason, it didn't seem like such a grand idea anymore.

Atla

The guards eventually managed to round everyone up and soon, the hunters, the Kewan, the Elemental, the Orc, and the Barbarian were all carted off to the city's jail. There weren't enough jail cells to house each of them separately, so many of them had to share cells. The Kewan was placed in a cell of her own, shackled to the wall and muzzled to ensure the guards' safety. Everyone else remained handcuffed, but weren't shackled down to anything. The elemental and the orc were placed in a cell together along with a few of the hunters, Atla was placed in a cell with some of the hunters as well, and the remaining few hunters were placed in a cell together.

Atla sat against the cold stone wall at the back of her cell, annoyed. Her wrists were getting chafed by the handcuffs, her things had been taken away from her, and she was jailed together with people who smelled so delicious...it was a good thing for them that she had already eaten their friend, otherwise she might not have been able to contain herself in the enclosed space as it were. Still, they were all huddled together in a corner as far away from her as possible -- their belongings and weapons had been taken away too, and without anything to defend themselves or attack with, they were basically sitting ducks in a cage with a monster.

After a few hours of waiting, the guards finally came up to the cell Atla was in, taking each of the people inside the cell to a separate area where they would give their statements. Atla followed along with the guards who were assigned to her, attempting to remain on her best behavior; she was hoping she could get out of there without any further trouble if she behaved herself. After waiting in an area with several guards as her cellmates were brought into a smaller room one by one, eventually Atla was brought into the room herself and was seated at a large, heavy desk across from the guard captain. The captain looked her over, an eyebrow raised. "So, you are the one who ate a man?" he questioned, though it seemed as though he did not expect an answer. "Name?" he instructed, and Atla recited her name for him. He dipped a quill into ink and began to jot something down on a parchment before speaking again. "Tell me, what happened today?" he instructed, ice blue eyes piercing into Atla harshly with his gaze.

The barbarian woman began to tell her version of the fight, beginning with fighting off the thugs who had assaulted her in the alleyway, the orc and elemental coming to help her, and the Kewan attempting to stick up for her with the crowd of people. She then moved on to how the hunters provoked the Kewan woman, and when she didn't rise up to the challenge, they attacked her while her back was turned and began the whole fight.

"Mm-hmm, and this was when you, and I quote, 'turned into a damn monster and ripped Greg up to shreds'?" the guard captain inquired as he shuffled some papers around.

"Wha--I mean, who..." Atla stuttered before trailing off, not sure how to respond to that. Should she lie and say that the hunters were making it up? It would be better than admitting to it outright, anyhow. "T-that's not true! It's uh...they're lying about that..." Atla...wasn't that great at lying, apparently. The guard captain looked totally unconvinced, his harsh eyes boring into Atla as she attempted to deny it. Obviously, it wasn't working. She instead grew quiet and slumped back into her chair.

"You there!" the captain called out to one of the guards, "Come over here and take this woman back to her cell. She is to have her own cell, not shared with any other prisoner. Put her in the one next to the beast." The guard captain sighed as he shuffled papers around and set them on his desk, standing up as the guards he had called over grabbed a hold of Atla. "Atla of the Ketna Tribe," he began, reciting the information Atla had given him at the start of the interrogation, "you are hereby charged with inciting violence, murder, and causing terror in the city. You are to be jailed until a trial can be held." With that, the guard captain dismissed the guards, who brought Atla back to a cell, this time one right next to the Kewan. As they walked past the other cells, Atla noticed that all of the hunters, the orc, and the elemental were all gone, likely let go with either a fine or a slap on the wrist, so to speak.

After being thrown into her new jail cell and the door locked behind her, Atla sulked against the wall of her new cell near the bars that separated her cell from the Kewan's, wondering when they were going to question the Kewan about the events. After a few more hours and no one coming to get the other woman, it seemed clear that they had no intention of interrogating the woman. In fact, just a bit a ways from the cells, two guards were talking to each other, bits and pieces of their conversation able to be over heard. "...don't know why....trial. They're both monsters....think...just kill 'em." "..eah..you know Captain Bulfrek...rules...e's going soft..." Though the full conversation couldn't be heard clearly, the idea behind the words were clear enough. They considered both of them as monsters who ought to be killed outright. Apparently, it was only the captain keeping them from being put to death outright.

Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Hananya Thirío
Osthaven alley => Osthaven Jail
Hananya tried to comply with the guards but it did not seem to matter, she kept feeling herself being poked in the rear with spears as they made their way to the jail. She snarled and pulled against them as she was pulled into a cell by herself. It was not tall enough to accomidate the Kewan so she was forced to hunch over and her horns scraped the ceiling, making a horrible screeching sound whenever she moved. As if that wasn't bad enough, she found herself being shackled to the cell's cold wall and a hard muzzle put over her snout. Han snarled and shook her head, "What're y'doing?!" She snapped, to which the guards jumped. She simply growled under her breath and kept still, not that she had much of a choice. "Shut it! Or you'll feel this!" One of the guards brandished a club at the Kewan, to which she did not react. Funny how such a weedy little man suddenly grew three feet taller with a club.

Hananya kept silent as she watched the guards interrogate the other prisoners, including the warrior woman. She flicked her ears towards them, listening as they charged her with murder. The Kewan frowned and looked as a couple of men stood outside her own cell, looking at her as if they were expecting her to launch at at them. She wondered if they were going to question her on what had happened. She watched the woman, who she heard was called Atla, as she was pushed into a cell next to hers. She seemed disturbed by being in the same cell as those hunters. With a deep sigh, she turned her blue eyes to the woman. "...Sorry. I should've not rise up t'them." She huffed gruffly, "This is my fault." She added before letting her head hang. She was still exhausted, hungry and injured from the fight, not that seemed to get their attention and besides, being a creature of the forest she could endure this kind of punishment.

Several hours seemed to go by but nothing seemed to happen. She was not questioned by the guards or told to recount what had happened. If anything, it was as if she was not even there. She heard their conversation about a trial... Great. She glanced at the woman. There was no way they were going to let them go. If anything, Hananya was shocked that the guards had not killed her in the alley. Flickering her ears, she listened further to see what they said. "Has anyone figured out what that thing is?" One guard asked, "It's a Kewan, though they're supposed to be extinct in this area." another said. Then something the other guard said made Han growl under her breath angrily, "So there could be more of them? Hm. We could make an example of out this one so those things know they can't just waltz in here and cause a riot like that!" Han's ears flicked onto the back of her head, yes, they were definately going to kill her. Mariam was right, humans really were the most wicked.
Rin Nyx Rin Nyx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back