• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Medieval Adventure OOC

Ok, 13-1, so 12. Not bad. You know a little bit. Here's what you know:

The creature before you reminds you of certain stories of the northern orcs of your homeland. In these stories, the orcs that repeatedly cannibalize other orcs are sometimes forever changed, turning into large, emaciated creatures that smell of death and have a taste for humanoid flesh. The stories say that these creatures' hunger is never satisfied. It is unclear whether the savagery of the monster is due to the change that the orcs undergo, or due to the cannibal orc's original fierce and combative nature. You do not know what the creature is called, or anything about strengths/weaknesses or the like.

Cool! Can I roll to attack? Maybe with like try to knock it out with my swords? Since it is a large monster but I think Orion would know it's the Warrior Woman so he'd try to knock it out.

Cool! Can I roll to attack? Maybe with like try to knock it out with my swords? Since it is a large monster but I think Orion would know it's the Warrior Woman so he'd try to knock it out.
You can roll to attack, but if you're aiming for a specific spot it's at disadvantage (like if you're aiming specifically at the head to try to knock her out). And then there's no guarantee that it'll knock her out (that would require another roll to figure out), though id give a bonus if it actually hits.
Alternatively, if you're not aiming for a specific area, you can roll normally to hit and just deal damage normally, then if you get her down to low enough health to where you'd have a "killing blow" you would say that you knock her out instead of killing her.

One has a low chance of success (one-hit k.o. requires some really good rolls and really bad ones on Atla's part), but could get things over quickly. The other would have a lot more fighting, but more likely success.

Also, keep in mind that Atla will be able to make wisdom saving throws each of her turns to try to bring herself out of the wendigo blood lust, so she could potentially turn back into human form of her own accord :P

You can roll to attack, but if you're aiming for a specific spot it's at disadvantage (like if you're aiming specifically at the head to try to knock her out). And then there's no guarantee that it'll knock her out (that would require another roll to figure out), though id give a bonus if it actually hits.
Alternatively, if you're not aiming for a specific area, you can roll normally to hit and just deal damage normally, then if you get her down to low enough health to where you'd have a "killing blow" you would say that you knock her out instead of killing her.

One has a low chance of success (one-hit k.o. requires some really good rolls and really bad ones on Atla's part), but could get things over quickly. The other would have a lot more fighting, but more likely success.

Also, keep in mind that Atla will be able to make wisdom saving throws each of her turns to try to bring herself out of the wendigo blood lust, so she could potentially turn back into human form of her own accord :P

Hmmmm.....
I might do the disadvantage attack but I want to know what the disadvantage is before I commit. Like do I roll twice and we pick the lower of the two or do I just get a Negative bonus?

Hmmmm.....
I might do the disadvantage attack but I want to know what the disadvantage is before I commit. Like do I roll twice and we pick the lower of the two or do I just get a Negative bonus?
Roll twice and take the lower of the two. Also, I'll need to know where you're aiming, and with what, and what attack you're attempting to do, cause all of those will play into the roll itself

Roll twice and take the lower of the two. Also, I'll need to know where you're aiming, and with what, and what attack you're attempting to do, cause all of those will play into the roll itself

I'm attacking the head with my swords trying to knock out the Wendigo using my strength and the blunt edge of my swords.

I'm attacking the head with my swords trying to knock out the Wendigo using my strength and the blunt edge of my swords.
Ok, attacking head specifically, roll at disadvantage. She'll see it coming, so she'll attempt to dodge, so...ill do a static number this time. let's see, 14 ac +2 Dex mod for the dodge, so to hit, you need to match or beat a 16. You roll at disadvantage, so roll twice and take the lower number, but you do have +4 to the roll to hit.

If you hit, you'll have to roll another d20. Due to the wendigo's physical resistance, it's going to take a lot to actually knock her out. So, you'll need to roll a 19 or a 20 to actually knock her out. Anything under that just does damage.

Also, if you fail the initial roll, it will leave your character open to attack, and any character (including the wendigo) attacking you immediately after will have advantage on attacking.

So, it's risky, but you can take the risk and roll!

While you do that, in gonna make a roll to see if Atla is going to get a hold of herself and snap out of bloodlust!
Let's see, she probably ate about 50ish lbs of meat from an approximately 180ish lbs person, so each 10 lbs is one point easier. So! She has to beat a 12 on a wisdom saving throw, and she has a +1 to her roll. Let's see what happens!

While you do that, in gonna make a roll to see if Atla is going to get a hold of herself and snap out of bloodlust!
Let's see, she probably ate about 50ish lbs of meat from an approximately 180ish lbs person, so each 10 lbs is one point easier. So! She has to beat a 12 on a wisdom saving throw, and she has a +1 to her roll. Let's see what happens!
Woo! If she doesn't get knocked out, she's gonna be able to turn back! :D

Where does all the meat go when you turn back? 50 lbs is a lot of meat for a regular sized person to have in their tummy, hahaha! I bet Atla gets a big'ole food coma belly.

Where does all the meat go when you turn back? 50 lbs is a lot of meat for a regular sized person to have in their tummy, hahaha! I bet Atla gets a big'ole food coma belly.
Hahaha that is a lot of food! But basically it's like she has a supernatural metabolism, so back in human form, she doesn't really look like she's eaten much of anything, just regular amount of food I guess

Ugh, I feel like crap today xP I might not post much today because of that, I need to get some rest and hopefully feel better!

Speaking of posting, though, Archdemon Archdemon I think we're waiting on your post in the rp

Awww, what's the matter? You got a cold or something?
I'm not sure, I probably just ate something bad or something like that...i hope. I know the flu is going around and one of my friends had it bad, so im hoping it's not that xP but head and stomach issues. I'm thinking I'll be good after a full day's rest (i hope)

I'm not sure, I probably just ate something bad or something like that...i hope. I know the flu is going around and one of my friends had it bad, so im hoping it's not that xP but head and stomach issues. I'm thinking I'll be good after a full day's rest (i hope)
Yeah sounds like something going around here too, it'll probably go away after a days rest

This is probably a weird thought but thats what happens when I spend too much of my time alone. Been wondering what Hananya probably smells like lol

Yay, I can post! Haha I'll try to get a post in in just a little bit, I'm finishing up at work here.
Also Archdemon Archdemon , just a heads up i wasn't planning on having Atla change back into a human right away after the near-miss attack, so she'd still be in wendigo form at the end of his attack

Yay, I can post! Haha I'll try to get a post in in just a little bit, I'm finishing up at work here.
Also Archdemon Archdemon , just a heads up i wasn't planning on having Atla change back into a human right away after the near-miss attack, so she'd still be in wendigo form at the end of his attack

Oh okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back