• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Medieval Adventure OOC

Rin Nyx

One Thousand Club
In Character | Out Of Character Chat | Character Sheets
Welcome to A Medieval Adventure OOC!
Please be respectful to other people here, but other than that, feel free to talk about whatever. Talk about the rp, talk about cheese, whatever you want!
Occasionally we'll be rolling dice here when we wanna do something that requires it in our posts. Easy-peasy! :)

Last edited:
Desert Rose Desert Rose Birdsie Birdsie Archdemon Archdemon
Would any of you be interested in this one? (Also birdsie I used an edited version of your long character sheets, I hope that's ok with you ^^")

I could roll with this! I already have a character in mind. I have been wanting to play as a prince type character for awhile since it's a character type that I like to have fun with if at all possible.

Not sure about the race though.... So many choices... :D

I could roll with this! I already have a character in mind. I have been wanting to play as a prince type character for awhile since it's a character type that I like to have fun with if at all possible.

Not sure about the race though.... So many choices... :D
Prince characters can be fun! I might bring in a character I have that tends to not get along with nobility, just to cause some trouble :P Heheheh...

There's tons of options for races! But, don't let that overwhelm ya. There's also always the option to make more than one character :P (I might be making a few myself...I haven't decided if I want two characters or three. I might just keep one on the back burner in case one of my other ones die...)

Hey, so you just post a character with one of the three keywords and if it gets your like that's how you get in? Just to clear up any confusion here. I'm looking to run a similar thread at some point and playing in your game might be good for inspiration. Character wise, my brain says... foolish young man who thinks he can just swing any blade and be a hero.

Hey, so you just post a character with one of the three keywords and if it gets your like that's how you get in? Just to clear up any confusion here. I'm looking to run a similar thread at some point and playing in your game might be good for inspiration. Character wise, my brain says... foolish young man who thinks he can just swing any blade and be a hero.
Yup! The keyword is mostly so I know you've read the rules, which I take it you have since you're asking about it :P

That sounds like a great character! Lots of potential for character growth :) I'm excited to see what you come up with!

Hey, is your character (profile picture too, I suppose) a drawing of yours? It's starting to grow on me, especially the fleshy tattoo colors.

Hey, is your character (profile picture too, I suppose) a drawing of yours? It's starting to grow on me, especially the fleshy tattoo colors.
Yes it is! :) I'm glad you like it, thanks! I get really picky when it comes to my character pictures, so I usually draw my own haha

This one's a bit skinnier and has less clothes than i usually draw, but it made sense for what I was trying to go for, barbarian who's basically always starving :P
(Also, I'm really happy that you like the tattoos, that's the part I was most proud of in this one ^^)

Apple Thief Apple Thief Just read through your character sheet, looks good so far! Just tag me in a post here when it's done so I know to go look. :)
Also...

Sleeping pad, blanket, rope... I'll get back to this. I feel like listing mundane items instead of important keepsakes might be bad form. I'll think about it later.
Listing mundane items is actually perfect for this! Especially since, if you don't list them, you don't actually have them, and that can get you into trouble while adventuring :P
Things like rope, waterskins, rations, and gold should all go here, as well as more important items.

Ahh this looks super interesting!! I've never played a dice rp like this before so it'll be a new experience!

Ahh this looks super interesting!! I've never played a dice rp like this before so it'll be a new experience!
Haha this will be my first time actually officially implementing a dice system, but I've used dice for a lot of the rps I've been in recently and I've found it really fun to have a bit of that random aspect to it! I hope that you (and everyone else) finds it as fun as I do!

Haha this will be my first time actually officially implementing a dice system, but I've used dice for a lot of the rps I've been in recently and I've found it really fun to have a bit of that random aspect to it! I hope that you (and everyone else) finds it as fun as I do!
I'm sure I will! <3

I've also never played D&D... I want to though! I've been meaning to learn how to play. :0 I've played a lot of MTG though and I know D&D and MTG are similar in the aspects of genre/creatures/ect. Gamewise, not to much lmao.

I'm sure I will! <3

I've also never played D&D... I want to though! I've been meaning to learn how to play. :0 I've played a lot of MTG though and I know D&D and MTG are similar in the aspects of genre/creatures/ect. Gamewise, not to much lmao.
I actually just recently got into dnd about 6ish months ago and quickly became addicted lol
My friend found a DM who liked to teach new people then got a group of us together to play, and now I play a ton (and have spent way too much on dice... because they have so many pretty ones and some roll better than others!). But since then I've heard that there's actually a bunch of places to play online, like roll20 and whatnot, which i think is super cool!

But I do like the traditional rping too, which is why I put this in the fantasy section instead of in the dice section, since I figured I want to still focus on writing and multiperson storytelling for this rp (and just generally having fun ^^)

I hope my character is okay. ;-; She's a character stereotype i don't usually play, but for some reason, i wanted to this time??

I hope my character is okay. ;-; She's a character stereotype i don't usually play, but for some reason, i wanted to this time??
Ah, I love bards! They're so fun haha
She looks pretty good! Just one thing really that should change (and one suggestion that you don't have to take haha)

For her racial bonuses, it should even out to a max of +2 to stats total, so she's got a bit too much right now. So, it could be +2 Strength, +1 Charisma, +1 Dexterity, -2 Wisdom, then that should even things out. That's the only actual problem with the character sheet, other than that it should be accepted.

As for the suggestion, bards use Charisma as their spellcasting ability, so if you want to be more spell-based, you might want more charisma. But! That's totally up to you, because it could definitely be interesting to have the lower stat, too! Either way, you're way under the 31-point limit, so you can do as you like on that front haha :) I'm also really excited for our characters' interactions! Especially since she's fire-based and prefers warm climates, and Atla has an innate fear of fire due to her monster vulnerability, and she prefers cold climates hahaha :D

Ah, I love bards! They're so fun haha
She looks pretty good! Just one thing really that should change (and one suggestion that you don't have to take haha)

For her racial bonuses, it should even out to a max of +2 to stats total, so she's got a bit too much right now. So, it could be +2 Strength, +1 Charisma, +1 Dexterity, -2 Wisdom, then that should even things out. That's the only actual problem with the character sheet, other than that it should be accepted.

As for the suggestion, bards use Charisma as their spellcasting ability, so if you want to be more spell-based, you might want more charisma. But! That's totally up to you, because it could definitely be interesting to have the lower stat, too! Either way, you're way under the 31-point limit, so you can do as you like on that front haha :) I'm also really excited for our characters' interactions! Especially since she's fire-based and prefers warm climates, and Atla has an innate fear of fire due to her monster vulnerability, and she prefers cold climates hahaha :D
Also, I'm going to go ahead and accept the character now, since her stats won't have to change even with the change in racial bonuses ^^

Vampiricdoll Vampiricdoll Agent23 Agent23 Apple Thief Apple Thief Archdemon Archdemon
Hey guys, just a head's up! I edited the character sheet application just a little. I just added a quick description of what the stats are for in the spoiler tag for the stats, and I added a spot in the spells & magic section called "spellcasting ability", which is basically if your character uses magic, which stat (out of three choices) they call upon to use said magic. It's not too different, and if your character doesn't use magic, you can ignore that part. Just thought I should let you guys know! ^^

STATS: 31 (+2 Str, +1 Con)

these will affect certain rolls, and will just generally give us an idea of your character's attributes)
Strength: 18 (racial bonuses)
Dexterity: 14
Constitution: 14 (racial bonuses)
Intelligence: 10
Wisdom: 9
Charisma: 10
Hey, just letting you know that the racial bonus needs to only equal a +2 total, so if you want +2 Str and +1 Con, you need to -1 somewhere (maybe charisma?). But other than that, looks good so far. I think you're below 31 total with your stats (before racial bonuses) anyway, so it shouldn't affect that, but just in general your race needs to even out to the total of +2 stats (if that makes sense)

Rin Nyx Rin Nyx It is done! So, you just got into D&D? I'm stoked to hear about that, I've been playing for like... my entire life. I've got hundreds of hours logged into Roll20 with all the DMing I used to do. If you ever need help with macroes on there, I can help you work some magic.

That being said, are you looking to make combat play similar to a D&D game? I like lots of mechanics, but all of those numbers and rolling in a roleplay might bog down progress. It's the problem I'm facing trying to get my own thread together. I'm trying to come up with a more rules lite way to do it all.

Rin Nyx Rin Nyx It is done! So, you just got into D&D? I'm stoked to hear about that, I've been playing for like... my entire life. I've got hundreds of hours logged into Roll20 with all the DMing I used to do. If you ever need help with macroes on there, I can help you work some magic.

That being said, are you looking to make combat play similar to a D&D game? I like lots of mechanics, but all of those numbers and rolling in a roleplay might bog down progress. It's the problem I'm facing trying to get my own thread together. I'm trying to come up with a more rules lite way to do it all.
Looks good!

But yeah, just recently started playing! I tried to get into it once before years back, but it didn't work out. In the group i was invited to join at the time, the dm just completely ignored me the entire time and when he was forced to interact with me (like, say when i wanted to do something and the other members of the group wouldn't let him just gloss over it) he'd be condescending, and they didn't really help explain things to me much when I asked questions. :l so! When I gave it a try more recently with better people, it was wayyyy more fun!

But, in terms of dnd and this rp, nah. I am using the stats a bit and I'm using dice a bit, but in a different way. I want the focus to be on writing and actual roleplay, afterall! We'll probably (occasionally) be using d20s to determine hitting our attacks or persuading npc's and such, but even then not for every situation. Besides, there's also things like that we wouldn't do in dnd. Like if person A writes a post detailing them swinging their sword at person B, and person B mentions that their character is going to try to dodge on the OOC, they can roll against each other (with bonuses based on their character's stats) instead of just traditionally going to hit.
But even then, we don't have to roll to hit all the time. Sometimes person A can just describe an attack and let person B decide if it hits and to what extent. Same thing with something like damage dice. It'll be very rare to have to actually roll damage, I'd rather have that played out through writing, but I am holding it as an option for player vs player combat if the players consistently aren't being fair about their damage taken or dealt or the like.

Hey, just letting you know that the racial bonus needs to only equal a +2 total, so if you want +2 Str and +1 Con, you need to -1 somewhere (maybe charisma?). But other than that, looks good so far. I think you're below 31 total with your stats (before racial bonuses) anyway, so it shouldn't affect that, but just in general your race needs to even out to the total of +2 stats (if that makes sense)

Fixed, also yes I did use all points available.

Strength: 18 (racial bonuses)
Dexterity: 14
Constitution: 14 (racial bonuses)
Intelligence: 10
Wisdom: 8 (-1 Bonus)
Charisma: 10

16= 12pts
14= 7pts
13= 5pts
10= 2pts
9= 1pt
10= 2pts