• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Marvel Reunion (Private)

CaptainMarvelous

Slytherin Prefect
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Asteria.jpg
Asteria Day | Illumina | 32

Background:

Asteria was born Klavdiya Markov in a small village in rural Russia to her loving parents. By age five, she showed evidence of having special abilities, which her parents fought hard to hide. When she was eight years old, however, her home was burned to the ground and everyone in the village killed by HYDRA agents including her parents. Initially, they planned to force her into their ranks, but when that failed they studied her powers in hopes of being able to replicate them.
Two years later, Asteria was rescued by SHIELD. One of the agents was Phil Coulson, whom she quickly formed a close bond with. She spent a few months at SHIELD learning English and adjusting to her new freedom. Eventually, she was placed with her adopted parents in New York City and took on the name Asteria Day. After that, she grew up with a fairly normal preteen/teenage years. She took up dancing and learned how to control her powers on her own.
Throughout this time, SHIELD (or rather Coulson) stayed in contact with her. They maintained a close relationship and by the time Asteria graduated, she was being recruited as an agent. She gladly accepted and began working to free others like herself; people with abilities who had been imprisoned for them.
Asteria continued to work with SHIELD through the difficult time following the HYDRA infiltration, but was eventually recruited by the Avengers. She fought with Steve during the events surrounding the Sokovia Acords and survived the Snap.

Personality:
Asteria is a naturally kind person, she's always looking to help others even at the detriment of herself. She's gentle in every way. She can also at times be a mystery. She doesn't talk about herself or her past, mostly out of habit, but also because she just doesn't like to. She's more interested in other people. She can be very good at hiding her emotions as well, together adding up to make her a bit mysterious to others as they seem to fail to get through to her. This isn't really the case, as Asteria loves people, but she is a very private person. Other than these things, she's a very energetic and friendly person always willing to lend a hand.

Powers:
Asteria's powers have long been a mystery to HYDRA scientists and SHIELD scientists alike. She was born with the abilities, which have since been termed Light Manipulation, but there is nothing in her DNA to show why she has them. After the discovery of inhumans, she believed she might be one of them, but her DNA does not match up.
Asteria does not know the full extent of her abilities, but so far is able to manipulate 'Light energy' into objects, shields, beams of light, etc. She can fly and also create illusions.

Other:
Growing up, Asteria spent most of her time dancing and continues to do so to this day. She loves being in the sunlight as being under direct light boosts her powers. Though she is surprisingly not a morning person. Being in a darkened room harms her, 'poisoning' her as it seems. She also hates people who look down on others for whatever reason they may have and bigots.

After the final battle with Thanos, the many superheroes who had joined the fight went their separate ways again. The future of the Avengers was now a mystery as virtually all of its original members had left the team in one form or another. While there were plenty of others who might take up the mantle, no one had stepped up yet to lead or organize a new group. Perhaps it was too intimidating to take on the role after Steve and Tony. They had both been incredible people and it was hard to imagine anyone else leading the Avengers.

Asteria had returned to New York City for a while to reunite with her adoptive parents. They had been dusted after the Snap, now restored like so many others across the world. Asteria had never before told them about her work, she had never told them about her powers, and they knew little of her past. Now was the time to tell them. The one thing she had regretted after the Snap was never telling them who she really was. She wasn't going to let that opportunity pass by again. She spent a long time telling them about her time with the Avengers and with SHIELD. She showed them her powers and told them her past and where she came from. They were very proud of her and amazed they had never found out.

For a while, Asteria did nothing. No work, no superheroing, just enjoying life. After five years of trying to deal with the aftermath of the Snap and trying to find a way to recover those who had been lost, she felt she deserved a break. Eventually, however, she needed to decide what she was going to do next.

Before even that though, there was one other thing she wanted to do. Since the final battle with Thanos, Asteria had not seen any of the other Avengers new or old. There were quite a few she did not know well, some she didn't know at all but whom had fought in the final battle. But there was one person she knew she need to visit, Clint. So she had asked if it was alright if she came to the farm to see him and his family for a little while. And when he said yes, she booked a flight and packed her bags. It would be nice to see him and the family again. His family had also been dusted and she hadn't seen them since they had been returned.

As Asteria stepped off the airplane, she was excited. It had been ages since she had seen the kids and she loved children. And of course, she loved Clint and Laura. They were all like family to her, something she had little of. After picking up her luggage, she headed to the airport entrance where people were pulling up in their cars to pick up friends and family members. She had no idea what Clint drove, so she just tried to keep an eye out for the familiar face.

yeah, im almost at the airport. ill let you know when we’re coming back.”
clint all but yelled into his phone over the bluetooth in his car as he sped down the highway towards the airport. if it hadnt been for his daughter arguing with him right before he left, he wouldve been a little early. but after the time it took for him to get to his car and on the interstate, it looked like he was now going to be just on time. why his daughter wanted to come with, the archer seriously hadnt a clue.
okay. get home safe, i love you.
clint smiled at the voice of his wife. “i love you too,” he said, and hung up.
i LoVe YoU tOo, ew is that how people sound when they like each other? i never want to get old.” a voice from the back seat spoke.
a series of slurs boomed out of clint’s mouth and the car swerved in the midst of his surprise.
jeez, do you even know how to dri-
what the hell are you doing back there?” clint demanded, trying to catch his breath and slow is now racing heart. he hadnt known that kate bishop was in the back of his car. and what had she been so quiet for? she normally never shut up.
i fell asleep waiting on you. you take forever to use the bathroom, you know. what did you do, eat your bow?
the rest of the 7 minute carride was spent with the two playfully bickering with each other. as clint pulled up to the side of the airport, he put his car in park and turned on the blinkers. he turned back to kate.
will you actually stay in here while i get asteria?” he asked. kate shook her head.
good. ill be back in a few.
a minute or two later, clint was able to find his friend standing on the other side of the entrance. a wide smile spread across his face and he cleared his throat, announcing his presence to asteria.
dont get too excited, its not lauren picking you up. but i hope ill suffice until you get home to the real deal.

Asteria looked up from her phone with a smile when she heard Clint's voice as he approached her. She laughed a little when he said Laura wasn't with him. It seemed the kids weren't either, but it wouldn't be long before she saw them.

"That's okay, I can curb my excitement for a few more minutes," Asteria teased. She stepped forward to give him a quick side hug. "It's good to see you though. It's hard to believe how long it's been since I've seen everyone." She hadn't seen Clint's family since before the Blip. That meant it had been over five years ago. She also meant the other Avengers as well. Of course, some of them were gone now. Bruce and Thor were the only other two still around from the original Avengers and she had no idea where they were. Then there were some of the others like Doctor Strange and Captain Marvel, but she barely knew them so she wasn't about to go popping around for a visit.

Asteria pulled up the handle on her suitcase and followed Clint back to his car. "I heard about what happened in New York City. You know you could have called me," she said as they walked. Of course, knowing what it had been about she knew exactly why he hadn't contacted her. Something he had to do on his own, he didn't need any help, blah blah blah. Sometimes he could be so stubborn.

As they approached the car, Asteria noticed someone else sitting inside. Looking in, she recognized the person sitting there. Her face had been plastered all over the news in New York. "Kate Bishop? I wasn't aware you were here," she said as she opened the door.

clint grinned from ear to ear and was quick to reciprocate the hug and followed his friend as they walked to the car.

"oh, don't pay her any mind. she's joining us for the holidays, and then some." clint popped the trunk open of his car and held his hands out for asteria's luggage. "kate, this is asteria!"

kate stuck her head out the window she had since rolled down and smiled. "hi! the kids have been jumping around all week waiting for you! they might tackle you when you walk in the door." the brunette warned.

clint chuckled and shook his head in agreement. "it's true," he agreed, looking back over at asteria. "i think they are more excited for you than they were for santa himself." well, of course, and his own appearance at christmas.

asteria and clint hadn't really talked much about new york yet. she mentioned it moments ago, but clint was waiting until it was just the two of them and lauren to explain. he hadn't told the kids exactly what was going on. as far as they knew, daddy had to help save the day and that he was training kate. he was sure his friend would ask about bishop as well, but hopefully she would be able to wait just a while longer for an explanation. he wasn't sure how he was going to be able to easily sum it up, but hopefully he had more than enough time to try.

ever since natasha died, clint felt a hole grow and expand in his heart. it was partially filled by being reunited with his blood family, but at the cost of losing his best comrade - well, other best comrade. he enjoyed asteria's company and companionship just as much as the black widow's. but just being with her now helped him let go of a breath he didn't know he was even holding onto. with the pieces of his life coming back together (his kids, lauren, getting to help kate, and now asteria), he could feel the emotional strain he'd been under lift a little.

"So you're adopting now as well," Asteria teased as she handed over her luggage. It seemed to be a common theme with Clint that he just couldn't help but take on a parental role in any situation. He had been that way even with the other Avengers, which could be very amusing at times.

"Really?" Asteria raised an eyebrow, looking to Clint as he confirmed what Kate had said. "Well, it's nice to hear that I've been missed. Or maybe they're just hoping I brought some late Christmas gifts," she laughed.

She had, in fact, brought gifts for them. They were safely tucked away in her suitcase. She only hoped they would like them since it had been a while since she'd seen them. She didn't know what it was they liked anymore. But she had taken some guesses and tried to get some things appropriate for their ages at least.

She noticed Clint hadn't said anything about New York yet. But they had also been interrupted by her meeting Kate. It would be something to talk about later, she was sure. Maybe after a few rounds of drinks after the kids had all gone to bed. Asteria never used to be a drinker, but as the years and battles passed, the more times she drank. Always a reasonable amount, of course, she was careful of that.

"Shouldn't keep them waiting then," Asteria smiled as she got into the car.

clint laughed at asteria’s comment. “not intentionally,” he responded to the adoption joke, “although this wasn’t so bad, right kate?”

the brunette smiled in the back seat, then looked back down at her phone and began typing.

kids’ he thought to himself. he lowered himself into the seat of his car, buckled in and pulled away as he turned off his blinkers.

oh, are you hungry? we can hit a drive thru on the way to the farm.” he offered, glancing over at asteria as he switched lanes to get back on the interstate. thankfully, kate didn’t pip up and demand mcdonalds nearly immediately after his offer to lauren. he made a mental note of her quieting down and reminded himself to thank her later.

he had asked kate before they left to give room for asteria to warm up. clint had no worries that they would get along fine (with each other, or nearly anyone else he cared about), but he wanted asteria to be as comfortable as possible. especially since the rest of his family hadnt seen her in five years. there was a lot to catch up on.

"Aw, cute. Maybe I should start adopting. I'm not getting any younger," Asteria laughed. She frowned for a moment, there was one other thing she would have to talk to Clint about. Her smile reappeared quickly on her face, however, as she continued talking. "I really do want kids, but I haven't found the right person yet." She was already 32 and hadn't settled down yet. Granted it was a little difficult being an Avenger, but if Clint could have a family she hoped one day she could too.

"Oh, that's alright. I had a snack on the plane. Besides, I'm really looking forward to some of Laura's cooking," Asteria responded when Clint suggested hitting up a drive thru. She could wait until they got to the farm to eat. "I love my mother, but her cooking is not the greatest." Both of her parents still worked as well, so a lot of nights it was leftovers, frozen meals, or whatever Asteria fixed up herself.

And yes, she was living with her parents. But that was only because she didn't have her own place in New York at the moment. After the Snap, she had taken over her parents' apartment. So when they came back, she didn't have anywhere to go. She had enjoyed living with them for a while though, helping them catch up on everything they missed during the Blip. Since she didn't know what her plan was now though, she was stalling looking for an apartment for herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back