A ManofManyRoles, many roles.

ManofManyRoles

Fantasy and Sci-fi Enthusiast
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Figured I'd start cataloging all my creations and 'brain children'. Gives me somewhere to put them, and let's me get some feedback on them. So let's start with one of my oldest.

Fandom; Fallout new vegas
Name:
Jim Gardner
Race: Ghoul
Age: 188, though depending on setting, he can be older or a few years younger.
Role: Veteran Ranger of the NCR
About: Jim's seen it all, heard it all, and done most of it. He's been around since the inception of shady sands (or longer, depending on setting). He's incredibly humble, and he's quick to say he's no white knight. If he's not going to be called a white knight, one could consider him the kindest walking corpse they know. Jim doesn't have a family, not a biological one anymore anyway. His family are his rangers brothers and sisters, the soldiers, and every citizen of the NCR. He'll do whatever it takes to keep them safe, even if it means getting riddled with holes. Jim's secret to how long he's lived is a simple one...he's just too stubborn to give up yet. If he's going to go out, it'll be on his own terms, and he asserts this when he's faced with the many perils of the wastes. With age, comes knowledge however. He can tell a stupid order from a good one, and he's gotten very good at bullshitting and talking his way through one, or convincing the higher up to reconsider. If that doesn't work, they've been known to let him slide every so often, given his constant deeds and efforts. Many forget the wastes are full of people, be they raider, ghoul, or human. And though their choices may lead them down the wrong path, he tries to see a reason for their folly, instead of laying it on bad nature. His constant battle and worry, is that he'll go feral one of these days...it's because of that, that he's always ready...and right before that, is when he'll accept that he's done his duty, and he can finally rest.
Quirk: Jim loves story telling, it's one of his favorite past times. If he says 'this reminds me of' or 'Want to hear a story?' you had better find a seat, or excuse yourself, because you won't be going anywhere for a while otherwise.
A tale, told by jim:
The old vet adjusted his helmet, tapping one side of it as the red eye seemed to flicker for a moment, before coming back to life. "A story then? Right...right. Alright, how about the beginning of it all? Before the NCR, before the Legion...before Vegas. I had a normal life...well normal for the time. Born into a vault, year twenty seventy seven. I didn't even leaven till I was around forty five, give or take...year? What's the year matter, do the math kid. Well, as you can imagine, things were still a total shit hole on the west coast...apparently it was that way too, before the war..it was just shittier now. I had the clothes on my back, some essentials, a pack, and my life. What happened to the vault? Eh, that's another story, we'll talk about it later. Things were a lawless wasteland, rapists and murderers, slavers and smugglers..an absolute mess. I'm no white knight, nor do I fashion myself to be one, but I still have a moral compass. Wound up making a name for myself after a while, though I've come to forget it...shows how important it was to me."

"Anyways, one fine evening, about a year later, I'm making a walk through a small town that'd sprouted up near what I assume was an old mining spot. Then I hear it...cries for help, sobbing. As I get closer, I find it's coming from an old mine shaft, and my geiger is absolutely screaming. I had some rad-x, and a pack of rad-away. I didn't know what I was going to find down there, but again, moral compass, makes me do stupid shit sometimes. I pop the last of the rad-x, and head on down into the blasted mine shaft. Down we go, into the darkness, pip-boy lighting the way. Near the bottom, I find what's causing all the ruckus...small girl, no more than ten, give or take? She's in a fine mess, not sure how long she'd been in there, but I'm obvioulsy fixing to get her out. We start making our way out, and then something collapses, and we're stuck. Couldn't tell you how long it was, day or three down there...I had her use the rad-away I had, sparingly mind you, small portions. By the time I finally get us out, she's going to be fine, a little hairloss but that couldn't be helped. I get out, I figure I'm fine...no initial issues. And then about a day or so later, things get stranger...and stranger...until I just find myself..". The vet proceeds to remove his helmet, revealing a ghoulish face, smiling at the audiance he's speaking too. "I find myself just like this."
In the above: In the above story, Jim is far older than shady sands, he's practically right after the bombs. This is his favorite story to tell, and the inception, the birth of gardner as he is now. I feel it shows the lengths he'll go to protect another, even at the detriment to himself, no matter the risks. It showcases that even in a post apocalyptic wasteland, some people still have a heart of gold, and the willingness to help others.
479c727f84cfc599d69bec6abd1dcbf2.jpg

Last edited:
This one's a bit more dark and less sunshine, though it had to be for a good anti-hero
Near future setting; Hero and Anti-hero pairing
Name:
Alexander Smith, Formally Alexander Creed
Nicknames: Angel of death, Demon of the streets, 'That freak'
Race: Human/Shadow entity
Roll: Anti-hero
Anti-hero Name: "Shade"
About: Alexander wasn't always a 'maniac'. He was once a loving father and husband, and a brilliant scientist. In the timeline he's in, he was one of the leading developers in a space age technology, 'warp travel'. In theory, it'd allow humanity to explore the stars by warping space time around their ship, making travel that'd take hundreds possibly thousands of years, mere days. Sadly, things took a turn for the worst. One evening as he stayed late at the compound, something in the reactor went awry. Before he could fix it, the entire compound was gone in a blink, leaving a large expanse of nothingness...nothing but the ground it had been on. By the time he woke up, or rather, 'phased in', a whole three days had passed, and he had been proclaimed dead. Stumbling his way home, he quickly found that he was...not all there. His body shifted in and out of a mass of shadows, contorting at a mere thought. He moved through solid matter like it was air, and he couldn't seem to be harmed by conventional methods(Which became apparent after he wasn't watching where he was going, and was struck by a speeding car who was escaping the police). It took time, yes, but his wife and daughter were glad to have him back, and were understanding of his plight eventually. He couldn't go back to the science work, his entire job was gone, life's work gone. He decided to try something else out, hero work, something anyone with his powers should do. And it went well...for about three months. And then things just went even worse for poor Alexander. He had captured a mob boss, but it seems he could pull strings even in prison. Within a week, his family was missing, his entire home a fight scene. Then he got it..the usual 'tape'. He doesn't like to talk about what was on it, but it still haunts him. He submitted it to the police, and they tried everything, did everything...for four months they tried...and then they called it quits. He didn't though, he couldn't. He did what they couldn't do in all that time, and he did it in a week. The mob had been wiped out, and the mob boss who was so safe in prison suddenly turned up 'missing'. He dropped the heroics, it obviously didn't work, it was all flawed. If justice was to be done, it had to be swift, efficient, and brutal. If no one else would do it, he would.
Personality: Outside of his 'anti-hero' persona, he's rather meek and soft spoken. He get's nervous trying to cash in a check, he can't look you in the eye, and deep down, he's a tormented and sad man, who still blames himself for everything. In a lot of RP's, the 'Hero' will eventually turn him around, give him new purpose, a brighter outlook. If all goes well, he'll even comes to terms that it wasn't his fault for what happened, and that he can't blame himself forever.
Powers: Nigh invulnerability, except to quantum locked weaponry (which conveniently, all antags seem to have on hand). His aging has stopped, and he can't seem to get older. Phase shifting, the ability to slip into the other dimension or wherever the rest of him is, to move through things with ease. Shadow manipulation, the ability to manipulate his true form, a shadowy mass.
His views: "Society is flawed...a lot of people know it, but no one admits it. Deep down, you know it too. Criminals do as they please, and they get what? A few years in jail? A life sentence maybe? Death row? Even in the best case scenerio, they'll appeal, they'll get off, they'll keep living. But their victims, their crimes...that's still there. If you kill a killer, the amount of killers in the world stay the same. But what if....what if you get rid of them all? What if there's not a single one left in your city? What then? No more would dare turn to crime, not when they know what happens. Society would be all the better, wouldn't it? For everyone to live without fear of someone mugging them? Harming them? You call me a mad man...but am I really mad, or is our society?"
65509a9a79158ede1e1ef0c528c8786b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back