• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A Magic's Folly (Fantasy Quest | full)

Cychotic

♠ sᴘᴀᴅᴇs
7f61ad_8c0923356216486d8376ba6abdec706f~mv2_d_7998_3360_s_4_2.png_srz_310_130_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

A Magic's Folly

| "MAGIC CHOOSES ITS USER."
That is how it has always been in the four worlds of Vestari, where the ability to harness the energy of magic is not carried down by bloodline nor given to one by ritual. Instead, magic pulses, a live thrum that chooses its host, turning the veins of its user black with a different energy. For each century, only four magic bearers are born, one serving each kingdom as its messengers. These Bearers hold more power than regular Users, allowing them to create doorways between the worlds. They act as royal messenger, keeping the worlds at peace and stable, causing them to be highly regarded by citizens.

But when a catastrophic opening in the magical field reveals a world once thought loss, a new Bearer is needed to keep all five worlds from collapsing into nothingness.

Hey guys! This is a new idea that is loosely based off of the novel "A Darker Shade of Magic". I really would love to kickstart this idea and am in need of 4 enthusiastic role-players. The role-play will be somewhat detailed and I'm looking towards posts that contain at least one full paragraph! The story will be based off of 'chapters' that direct the plot, and each chapter contains a new world with a new mission. Essentially, the story will be five chapters long, maybe six depending on how well it goes. Please comment here if interested and tag some people who might want to join! (Note that the Beareres from each world may or may not be allies depending on how the rp goes, however, they all share the same goal)

NOTE: We need one more role-player who is willing to take part as the Bearer of Newt!

FONTS: ROBOTO and LORA | CODING BY Cychotic Cychotic

Last edited:
VESTARI, FOUR WORLDS

VEYN
85515-bigthumbnail.jpg

The world of Veyn is centered around ship trade, its cities located on a large island filled with mild people. Veyn faintly resembles current Asia, with its oriental buildings and culture that revolves around advanced strategy and trade deals. The royalty here are cunning, allowing them to intelligently keep its markets booming and income flowing. It's king is harsh, but rules fairly, and most people resemble the Asian race. In this town, magic is perfectly balanced with the will of humans. Its Bearer is skilled with rune magics and is proficient with offensive magic.
NEWT
12172-flying-fantasy_art-steampunk.jpg

Newt bustles with technology as its airships grace the skies and its cogs turn. This world, known for its advanced air tech, boasts its large travels and steampunk towns. The people there are intelligent and a bit stuck up as they have cast away most practice of magic. Newt's human will in this world has overpowered the will of magic, leaving few but the Bearer with the power. It is ruled by a council, its highest member greedy and power hungry. Currently, the world is in slight chaos, with rebellions and war striking against the world's rulings. The people resemble those who are African and the Bearer specializes in defense as well as stealth.
ASTER
lmht-truyen-thuyet-vua-vo-danh-04.jpg

Aster has the most magic out of all the worlds, giving it a formidable status. Magicians are countless, and because of this, the economy revolves are magical services. Its Queen is noble and more often than not, too kind. Aster blooms with enchanted forests and curious creatures of magic, the streets filled with lights. The world is carefree, as if always in a party and rarely has any conflicts. Its people as well as its practices resemble those of Britain. Its Bearer calls upon light magics.
FAUN
db65baaf96dea0d402580fbea63553dd.jpg

Faun is the most nature filled world out of the four, its cities covered in foliage and build among large forests. Ruled by no one, Faun is a place for those wishing to seek sanctuary, as it sits upon serenity. A place of meditation, the world has healers, paladins, and other magicians centered around the magic of peace. Its people are elf-like and tend to be kind hearted and just. Being so, Faun is the most difficult world to break into, as it is strongly warded against conflict.

Last edited:
Rari Rari Kirito Kei Kirito Kei Alexander Time Alexander Time

Hey guys! I have an idea for the first chapter and was wondering about your opinions on it. We need one more person so if anyone you know would like this type of role-play, please spread the news. Now without further ado...

200px-Tw2_rune_animal.png

1 | A New Arising

| "MAY OUR HARBOURS BE CROWDED AND OUR SHIPS BE PLENTY."
Deep within a crowded wood, where the ground sparkled with be-speckled moonlight, and the leaves ruffled gently, Faun danced with Aster. The two pranced, hovering in the air as sparks of magic ignited between them, swirling around a pool of milky white water. Its surface flickered with images of the four worlds, showing scenes of bustling life and silent rivers. Its rocks glistened with a rainbow hue, and upon one of the largest rocks sat Veyn, his hands covered in chalk. He looked at the two boisterous beings, his jaw set in a hard line. The man had no time for the pair as his eyes were cast down, peering into the flickering visions. Veyn spent a majority of tonight's get together at the Pool of Providence, hovering over it like a hawk searching for prey. The man ached in his bones, a feeling that often came to him before a catastrophic event hit Vestari like a meteorite. It happened before, having some unpleasant results. But no matter, this time he would prevent it.

"You look happy," laughed a voice from across the pool. Newt stood with her hands to her hips, eyebrow raised with amusement. "It seems as if you're rather enjoying the foolishness of my world," she quipped, appearing suddenly next to Veyn. The man shook his head with disdain.

"Not so," he replied, dryness in his tone.
"Bad feeling?" the woman inquired, brushing her red hair away from her eyes.
Veyn hummed in response, taking his eyes off the pool to turn to Newt.
"Just let it happen. They should be able to cope with it." The woman rolled her eyes. "You're ruining the party, you big, grumpy oaf."
"I have better things to do," Veyn growled, running his hands through his beard. "After all, I care -"

He was interrupted by an amused chuckle, amplified by magic. The laugh faded as a figure stepped from the trees, its body cloaked with dark fabric. Aster and Faun stopped suddenly, eyeing the visitor with suspicion. Aster unhanded her partner, walking towards the figure with a blue flame flickering in her hand. It was not often that visitors came to their domain; visitors meant trouble. Especially this one in particular. Faun's eyes widened with recognition and he spoke, his voice husky, a semblance to the wood he loved.

"You are not welcome here."

"Long time no see," he smirked. "I'm as loved as ever."

The figure's cloak disappeared revealing a pale man with raven curls, his boyish face was in a soft smile. The pond glistened, its color turning dark with the colour of blood, and Newt's eyes widened as she watched a new world form from its ashes.

---​
| Your character is currently in an emergency meeting with the Oracle, a being who foresees the future. You were given the situation upon arriving, with little to no explanation as to why the world came back. Assuming that the Oracle had just explained the vague circumstances of your journey through the parcel your received, please write your character into this scene as they enter the meeting.

I'm on mobile at the moment, but I'll let you know as soon as I get home tonight!

Oh, and will you be waiting to place the CS page up until we find another person?

is it a miracle that the world of steampunk is the only one i can join?
YOSS I WOULD LIEK 2 JOIN

will work on character immediately
this is cool

will work on character immediately
this is cool
Hey hey is it okay if I request that you removed the parenthesis and everything within it for the character sheet? (its a wip, and im already loving it) Just so that its clearer to read in the future.

This looks fantastic as far as plots go; I'd love to join, though it seems all the slots are filled. Let me know if one opens up, and I would be happy to fill it!

This looks fantastic as far as plots go; I'd love to join, though it seems all the slots are filled. Let me know if one opens up, and I would be happy to fill it!
Hmm I may have space for another character, as there originally were supposed to be 5 slots. The role can definitely be opened up and is one of the guides that will accompany the members. (there are two, one filled by me and now the other filled by you). You can choose where your guide comes from and what magic they have!

Hmm I may have space for another character, as there originally were supposed to be 5 slots. The role can definitely be opened up and is one of the guides that will accompany the members. (there are two, one filled by me and now the other filled by you). You can choose where your guide comes from and what magic they have!

Sweet! Thanks for opening that up; I'll start working on my character now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back