• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Love Stronger Than War (closed A Finnish Boot)

ReyaMorningkill

The Blood Splattered One
Sin took another deep breath, her hands shaking wildly. Her eyes scanned out over the ledge of the cavern, the
calming sounds of the waterfall echoing through their secret place. Sin moved closer towards the falling water,
allowing the mist to cover her. She was so nervous and so anxious couldn't stand to wait at home any longer.
She had to get away from her awful and disapproving parents. A single laugh escaped her as she thought. 'What
would they even do if they knew?' She sadly knew the answer and it was not a pleasant one. A new sense of
urgency came over the dark haired girl as her hands clutched at her stomach. She had been so excited about the
news that she hadn't quite thought everything out yet and now terror filled her. Her life could possibly be in
danger which meant that the life now growing inside of her was at risk. She couldn't allow any hard to come to
it. And if anyone found out...
Panic. She longed for her love to arrive so she could tell him her joyously dangerous news. They'd all be at risk.

There had been a long standing hatred of their families. War had transpired for years between them, what one would
refer to as a sworn enemy. Her family, the Morningkill's, were known for their brutality and strength.
A family where only the stronger survived and in the most brutally of ways. Some had called it barbaric at best.
House Dume were similiar in the ways that they too were warriors. They had their own stregths. With House Dume
and the Morningkills attempting to rise to the highest level of power a war between them was inevitable. And so, the head of the familes
set out to destroy the other but neither could best his opponent. The war had lasted over ten years. Ten years of
death, agony and pain.

Even through her concern a pleasant memory passed through her mind. When she had first met the love of her life.
The had grown up playing together, becoming the bestest of friends and eventually lovers. Her memories suddenly
took a dark turn as she felt him ripped away from him. She watched him being pulled from her, their familes
ripping them from one anothers arms and forbidding them to see one another. They were at war. Their love was
now a crime and Sin could only imagine for the fate for the life in her womb.

Leinad patted the muscled neck of his horse, Trove, urging him onward. "We will stop and rest soon, just a bit farther." He had snuck away late that night, while the guard was changing, making sure he was not followed. If it was found out he was seeing a Morningkill, his father would do everything in his power to ensure that she was killed in a public display of strength, struck down by his own hand.

Leinad shivered at the thought, pushing it out of his mind. "Don't worry Sin, I'll make sure that doesn't happen. I'll protect you." He told himself, not quite sure how he would do such a thing if she was caught. Leinad wondered if he should mention the plan he had thought up. They could run, head east, out of the Morningkill's and the Dume's reach. They could leave it all behind, and once they were far enough away they could marry, have a little family of their own once they knew it was safe for such things. If their parents did keep chasing them, they could hire a boat, head across the see to the farlands. Not much was known about the farlands, but every quarter a ship would come, filled with goods for trade. Leinad was sure that for coin they might take him and Sin.

Leinad worried Sin wouldnt agree. She wouldn't want to bring them danger. But Leinad couldn't bear to keep their love a secret any longer. He wanted to marry her, to make her his own. He hoped she wanted the same, and he hoped she would be willing to leave her family behind to do it.

As he approached the clearing that contained the cave entrance, he dismounted, leaving his horse a fair distance away near a stream that ran from the cave. "Trove, I will be back for you, I'm going to leave you free to roam, but try not to stray too far." He told his steed. Trove had always been very loyal, and Leinad rarely tied him up, Trove would be able to run from any typical group of bandits or horse theives. Leinad looked to the caves entrance, wondering if Sin was already inside. He lit a torch from his supplies, heading further in, the sounds of rushing water and small creatures skittering about in the dark grew louder as he traveled deeper within, approaching the room where the waterfall spilled over into a small pool before tumbling several stories down into the darkness. This was where they usually met, Sin always liked the mist that wafted away from the pool. He set his pack down beside the wall, embedding his torch in a crevasse, providing the immediate area around him with some light. He thought he saw movement in the mist, and then he began to make out the familiar shape of his beloved's slender body. He smiled, gleefully striding towards her. He knew Sin's figure anywhere. "Sin! My beloved!" He called out. "I'm here!"

Her eyes were filled with joyous tears as she sprang towards him, arms open to embrace him. "My dearest love, I have missed you so." She kissed his lips sweetly as her pointer finger ran along his jawline. He had such a handsome face and Sin was drawn to his strong features that somehow mainted a certain softness about them. As she pulled back slightly she locked eyes with him. Everything she had ever wanted was starring back at her with that same fire. That same passion. Even with something as simpme as a kiss he could make her swoon, even in her current state. Her mind then began to race.

She took a deep breath and grabbed his hand in her own while she led him back to the cave. "My dearest love. My soul mate. My everything. I hate being away from you for so long." She squeezed his hand in an attempt to muster the strength to tell him, why was this so difficult? Panic began to set in once more as every possible outcome came flooding her mind to drown her remaining sense of control. "Do you know I would do anything for you my love? Sail across oceans, move mountains, fight my family itself to be with you always." She was fighting back tears as her voice began to crack. She forced a smile. "I have the most marvelous news my love..." She trailed off as tears welled in her vibrant green eyes. She went to continue again but suddenly found herself against him crying uncontolably. She had began to panic and her mind was a vortex of unfinished and torterous thoughts. She cried into Leinad's shoulder trying to explain her sudden outburst but it was merely mumbled gibberish to anyone else. She began to quake, her breathing now erratic as she sobbed even harder.

Leinad held her arms, letting her sob Into his arms. "Sin...what's the matter? You know you can tell me anything, right dearest?" He said, worried she was afraid to tell him something. "I love you, and nothing is going to change that Sin. Nothing." He said, just holding her, letting her sob into his chest as long as she needed.

"You said you had something to tell me, what was it?" He asked after a few minutes. He kissed the top of her head, brushing her hair out of her face and looking down into her beautiful, tear-filled eyes. That had always been one of her best features. Her eyes were so beautiful, he could get lost in them after only a few brief moments. "There's no need to cry, you can tell me." He said, feeling her crying slow down a bit. He pursed his lips, offering her a kiss, those often seemed to resolve her sadness in the past.

She smiled and kissed him, wiping the tears from her eyes and took a deep breath. "I am so sorry my love. IT's truly wonderful news but with it will come a heavy cost. I am frightened and if I'm being honest the whole thought of something going wrong..." She trailed off for a moment allowing her eyes to wander away from him but Sin quickly regained herself and gave another kiss to his soft lips. She took his hand in hers and gently placed it on her stomach. "My love...you're going to be a father." Warmth and compassion danced on her face and a sort of weight felt as though it had been lifted from her.

Sin watched his face carefully, she was looking for the same signs of panic that had come over her. She knew Leinad would come up with a solution, he had always been good at problem solving and this certainly was a problem. But she trusted him and now it wasn't just her life she trusted him with but the life of their unborn child

Leinad's hand was taken and placed upon her stomach. He had felt her stomach plenty of times, but this time it was different. Her stomach was beginning to round out, the beginnings of a pregnant stomach. He felt her spirits seem to raise as she held his hand upon her stomach.achs very gentle curve. He couldn't believe it. She was pregnant, he was going to be a parent! This was the best day of his life, he had always wanted a child or two with Sin, but they had agreed, no kids until they knew it would be safe.

Despite that fact, Leinad was happy, even thought their child had been concieved in the eaves of war. He looked to Sins slender frame, and then kissed her a second time. "Sin, my love, this is wonderful! We....we are parents now!" He said, slipping his hand from her belly to encircling her waist, pulling her in for another kiss. He liked that she was a fair bit shorter than him, he had always thought that was cute about her. He knew now why she had been so afraid to tell him. They were at war, a war was no place to raise a baby, and certainly not when the baby's father was the enemy.

He kept their lips locked together, not wanting to end their kiss. His heart was racing with the thought of parenthood. He knew their baby could grow up here, not like this, not with a war going on. He placed his hand back on Sin's belly, then pulled away from the kiss. "Sin....we have to run. I know we talked about it before, but we don't have a choice now. We can't raise the baby here, not like this. We can go east, like we have talked about before. I know you didn't like the idea, but I don't like the idea of our baby growing up with their parents at war." He said. He knew what he was asking her was no easy task. "Whatever we do, we should decide quickly. Your stomach will only grow larger, making travel harder, and you'll only be able to hide it from your family for so long. If either side finds out then our child will be taken from us before we ever meet them." He said, bowing his head. He didn't like that thought, but if they stayed much longer it would become true. He held her waist and felt her warm kiss again, holding her pregnant waist and just letting the kiss overwhelm hum. He loved her, and he k ew somehow they would find a way through this, together, as a family.

Oh how she adored this man. The love of her life. She took a breath, his excitement washing away some of her anxiety and fear. Things quickly turned to what Sin herself feared. She knew the neither family would accept this child and Sin's mother was not a forgiving woman. She'd have the baby killed for sure and there was always a chance Sin would loose her life as well. Her mother had never been a kind woman.

Before when Leinad had suggested they run she had fought the idea. Now, he could not of proposed a more perfect idea. Sin was then hit with an urgency to flee. She had to protect their baby and every word her love had spoken was true. Their families would never understand and a war was no place to raise a baby, let one born from parents of opposing sides.

"You're right. We can't stay and keep our family safe. I don't care where we go now my love. As long as you're with me....as long as our family is safe. But..." Sin trailed off for a moment. "We have to leave tonight. I just have this awful feeling that if I go back tonight I'll be found out."

Leinad wondered her words. He hadn't really come today planning to run away, in fact, he hadn't been ready for the news that he was a parent either. Not that he was complaining. He took her hands in his, and looked into her precious eyes. Sin trusted him, he could tell by how she looked into his eyes. He kissed her once more, her back pressed against the wall of the cave as he held her. He pulled back after their kiss was complete. "We can go tonight if you want, it's just, well, I don't have anything, and neither do you. Once we are on the run we can't exactly just stop and but supplies, we will be highly sought after, we already are quite sought after by each other's families!"

He held her soft hands, and brought them to rest upon her stomach. "How long do you need to get your things together? Really, I mean all the things you will need. This is going to be a long journey, I would estimate nearly six months, by then you'll be ready to burst." He said. He knew the urgency she was in, but he knew it would be worse to go unprepared on a six month journey.

He loved her, and he was just as excited to run away with her, but he knew being prepared was far more important. He kissed her forehead, then led her to the torch to see her in the full light. He examined her stomach now that he could fully see it, running his hands over it, her stomach protruded outward, already the size of a canteloupe, and he was impressed no one had noticed it yet. Of course nobody was exactly running around touching the royal Princess' belly either. But he knew that soon her situation would be apparent, touching or not. Her large dress was enough to cover it now with minimal suspicion. She definitely looked less thing, but will the loose fabric it truly helped. Aside from her slight waddle, and the fact that she was holding her stomach, it was still fairly noticable now that she was in normal light. He understood why she wanted to leave tonight. If her stomach grew much more than an inch or two larger there would be no hiding it, period.

Last edited:
She was nervous but once again she knew he was right. He wouldn't steer her wrong and she trusted him. She also took into consideration that she was now acting entirely on impulse due to the gravity of their situation. She stuttered as her brain and mouth struggled to operate at the same time. How long would be long enough and how long would be too long? What seemed like a small decision would depend on if their plan would work. She kissed him and took another deep breath.

"I know you're right. Please excuse my haste my love. I'm-I'm just so scared. I don't want to go back. My mother is so cruel. I hate that woman...but if dealing with her for a week so that we can prepare to leave here forever....then I shall bite my tongue. But I do worry so...My father has visitors...DeLor's from the far far north....and his son." She rolled her eyes and huffed in frustration. "He's very....persistent. A week should suffice"

Leinad held the sides of her belly. The more he looked at her the more obvious he realized her pregnancy was. Her waist wasn't as thin as usual, expanded greatly by her pregnant. He hoped her to gather her things, he didn't like the idea of her bending over at her waist, he thought it might cause the babies harm. He led her out to the entrance of the cave, giving her one last passionate kiss, not wanting to say goodbye, but knowing in a week's time they would never have to say goodbye to each other again. He released his lips from hers, admiring her beauty. Still holding her belly, he knelt, planting a kiss upon her stomachs bulge, feeling it's warmpth through the fabric. In the light like this she definitely looked pregnant, he knew if his mother or father saw her they'd be able to tell. He worries that a week was too long, but hastily made plans never ended well.

"Sin, I....I want you to promise me that and our child will be careful, your tummy is growing and if you are found out....." He couldn't bear to say what his mind was telling him. "just be careful." He said, not wanting to leave her. He had only just found out she was pregnant, but already his parental instincts were kicking in. He kissed her neck and lips, helping her up and onto her horse. As she labored to mount her horse, he could tell anyone who saw her would know, her tummy collected itself and rested in front of her on the saddle, bulging out a bit further as it settled. He wasn't sure how nobody had caught her yet, but he trusted she would find a way. He released her hand finally. Goodbye was always so hard, but at least this goodbye would only be a week. He watched as her horse rode off into the forest, and he mounted his own horse, saying a prayer to the gods, worried for his beloved's saftey.

Her horses steady trot was the only thing Sin could seem to focus on as she approached the Morningkill territories. She felt her stomach turn and for a moment she thought she might be sick as she saw the castle come into view. She wished that she had told Leinad that they should only wait a day but she knew they would both need time to prepare. Sin especially for her morning sickness was growing worse by the day and if nothing else she need to find something to be able to counter that if she planned for a long trip. Her horse neighed as she led him into the stable and slid from her saddle. Sin had left her recognizable cloak behind, fearful someone could notice it while she was out to meet Leinad. The cloak had been her saving grace in hiding her pregnancy thus far, the soft material a comforting sensation for her but she was slightly upset that she'd have to leave it behind.

Sin moved quietly in the castle and up to her room her mind racing as she absently moved through the halls, had she been paying attention she would of noticed one of the hand maidens. The older woman was very fond of Sin and had noticed that the girl frequently took night rides, it seemed suspicious. The chubby woman slipped down the hall unnoticed by Sin and far too curious to go back to her quarters now. The woman placed her ear upon the door in an attempt to hear something, anything.

Sin moved about her room in a state of confusion. What would she need to travel for 6 months with a baby? What would she be able to take with her that wouldn't over burden her? She truly would only be able to take things she needed, her hand gripped the cloak rubbing the material through her fingertips. She'd need another cloak or perhaps a new one to replace the one that adorned a gigantic Morningkill crest on the back. But where could she discreetly obtain such a thing? Her parents would ask questions if she requested a new cloak without their crest. Sin felt so completely overwhelmed as she threw herself on the bed suddenly. She began to sob heavily suddnely afraid she wouldn't be able to accomplish her task that she only had a week to complete.

Sipsy heard the young princess crying and couldn't help herself, she turned the knob and entered giving a slight knock to let Sin know she was there. "My child....what troubles you?" Sipsy moved to the bedside and sat down beside Sin, rubbing her back in an attempt to comfort the young girl. Sin didn't reply she simply continued her small breakdown, it wasn't until Sipsy bent over to embrace her that Sin spoke with a stern NO but it was too late. Sin watched the handmaids mouth fall open and before Sipsy said anything Sin's hand covered the old woman's mouth. Sin's eyes pleaded with her to stay silent and Sipsy could see a sort of desperation and fear in her eyes.

Sipsy moved Sin's hand and place a gentle hand on her protruding belly. "They don't know do they?"

"No, and they can't..." Sin glanced to Sipsy and swallowed hard. "They can't. They wouldn't accept such news..."Sin trailed off

"Oh baby...please tell me its not that Dume boy." The old woman's eyes widened as Sin fell silent and began to sob more. "Oh no..." Sipsy now understood the desperation behind everything that she had learned in the past five minutes. "They'll kill you and that baby Sin...you can't stay baby." Sispy pulled Sin into her and began to hum and pat her on the back, something the hand maid had done since he was little.

"I am...in a week but...I'm so lost. I don't know what to do or bring...it's all so.....so......just overwhelming."

Sipsy hushed her and continued to rock the young woman back and forth. "You let ol Sipsy help you. I might not agree with your choice of men...or your timing to have a child but I'll be damned if I let them take you and that precious life from this world because of some feud. You leave your packing to me baby. You try to stay focused and maintain."

Over the coarse of the week Sipsy was much more attentive to Sin than normal, taking care not to raise too many suspicions and making excuses for her when it was necessary. The hand maid had packed two bags. One that would be easy for Sin to carry herself with nessicities such as medicine to help with her nausea and a larger bag that could be attached to the horse, Sipsy had even managed to find a large cloak that was durable and would keep Sin and the baby as protected as possible. Sipsy was becoming concerned however due to the growth of the young princesses belly, it almost seemed unnatural. In a week she had gone from a cantelope to the size of a small watermelon! Sipsy feared her mother would notice soon for the cruel woman had asked to see Sin multiple times in the day. Sipsy urged Sin to leave the night before she originally planned to leave for good and though Sin had no desire to stay in the cave by herself she too felt as though the quicker she was away from her family the safer she would be.

Leaving had gone off without a hitch and Sin couldn't of been more thankful for Sipsy's help, the old woman had even given Sin some of her own coin to be able to pay for anything she might need. Sin had brought her own money and even denied Sipsy's coin but the old woman asked that she keep it as a gift to the baby and Sin felt she could accept that. She arrived at the cave and took the small bag with her as she waddled into its spacious hole. The water soothed her but Sin felt so nervous and anxious just sitting there now waiting for Leinad to show up

Leinad spent the week gathering supplies. He had told his father, King Eourland Dume he was planning a long-term scouting mission in Morningkill territory, to which his war-hungry father had allowed him. Leinad was always given much more freedom than he deserved, mainly because his father was too obsessed with battle and war, especially now, with his mother gone and war consuming the land. He wondered what his mother Erina would think of his father's obsession with war, he wondered if his father had been this way when Erina was still alive. He couldn't remember, it had been so long ago. He could remember that his mother died soon after losing his sibling, he had never known if it was a boy or girl, nobody had told him, and hmhis mother died a couple months later. It was rumored the Morningkill's had something to do with it, which is why this war had started in the first place. Leinad shook his head, he couldn't think about these things, Sin needed him, he had to be strong for her.

Leinad made sure to purchase plenty of food, not certain exactly how much Sin would eat now that she was with child, but he figured if they ran out then he could always hunt. He knew vegetables and fruits wouldn't last nearly as long as dried and salted meats, so he purchased mostly meats, since they could be stored for longer. He paid the merchant, making sure to continue his lie about a war party, knowing his father might hear rumors from the merchants, and he didn't want his father to be susicious.

Leinad made sure to collect some medicinal supplies, mainly bandages and some herbs, along with stopping by the blacksmith, to have his swords blade sharpened. He hoped he wouldn't have to use it, but he knew if he did have to protect Sin he wanted his blade as sharp as he could get it. The local blacksmith was someone he knew well, as children they had spent a fair bit of time together, as the head blacksmith had been his mother's brother, Shjin. So he knew Shjin's son James well, who ran the blacksmiths forge now.

As James sharpened Leinad's blade, he asked. "What's the special occasion? You don't have your sword sharpened often, unless your planning to run someone through." James asked.

"Well, James, my father thinks I'm going on a scouting mission into Morningkill territory, which isn't completely wrong. But I'm really going to see a young maiden, and run away with her. This may be the last time we see each other." He told James, knowing full well that James wouldn't say a word to anyone.

"You, run off with a girl? She must be quite the woman if she has managed to tame your heart." James said, laying Leinad's sword on the table. "Here you go, and as long as you promise to come visit sometime and bring this maiden with you then it's free." He said, returning to his forge, hammering away at another piece of red hot steel.

"I'll be sure to visit, but it might be awhile, I'm not going to let her get caught up in the war, a war is no place to raise a family, and we plan on starting one soon." He said, not mentioning the name of his beloved, or that she was already expecting. He trusted James, but the king had ears everywhere, even here. Leinad returned to the castle one final time, planning to collect his things and leave out.

Leinad told his father of his departure, to which his father seemed a bit suprised by how soon he was to depart, and told him that if he returned to find him dead, that he was right full king, giving him the royal family ring, knowing his son was the only heir to the throne, the last of the Dumes. Leinad embraced his father, as was tradition, and traveled out to his horse. He patted Trove. "Don't worry Trove, we are going to see your girlfriend again." He teased, calling Sin's horse Trove's girlfriend. He wondered if that would hold true, since the next six months they would be the only horses they would ever see. He wondered what Sin was doing as he headed to their meeting place, excited to see his beloved once more and finally run away with her.

Sin had barely slept and still hadnt had enough forethought to change her clothes. She groggily got to her feet and moved to the outside of the cave's entrance to look for Bella. The spotted horse lifted her head, grass sloshing about in her mouth as she watched Sin approach her. Bella was a loyal steed much like Trove and wouldn't stray far if unattended. Sin nuzzled Bella's face, stroking her neck as she tried to shake off the nervousness she felt growing within her. With a gentle kiss on the nose she bid Bella adue and returned to the cave.

For a long bit she paced back and forth, eager about Leinad's arrival. Any noise from the cave's mouth had her nervously sprinting to check to see if her love had finally arrived. It seemed as though ages were passing and Sin quickly found herself going into the personal bag that Sipsy had packed her.

My Dearest Crimsin Morningkill,
I have loved you like my own child and now you're going to be having your own. I truly congratulate you and wish you all the best and I will pray for your safety every day. Yo know your mother is a cruel woman and you must know what she is capable of. Don't ever come back to this place Sin and don't use your last name. The very name you were proud of and fought for is now a name that will get you killed. Protect your family my sweet child and don't ever return.

Love always,
Sipsy

P.S. I packed a few special things I thought you might enjoy

Tears welled in her eyes as she held the letter to her chest for a moment before folding it up and setting it in a safe place. Clean clothes were one of the first things she noticed and suddenly she felt disgusting. She haphazardly grabbed one of the rolled up clothes balls and set it down before moving to start a fire. Leinad had taught her. She felt a warmth in her cheeks as she thought of him. She truly loved that man. She'd do anything for him in this world. Soul bound. With a little effort Sin got a decent fire going, feeling accomplished as she always did every time she did something that Leinad had taught her. Proudly she stripped her clothes away and moved closer to the waterfall, allowing the water to mist and splash on her. Her hands glided over her smooth caramel skin but stopped at her protruding stomach. She felt as though she shouldn't be this large yet but perhaps she had been pregnant sooner and just didnt realize. Her hands made gentle circles on her belly as she glanced down at it affectionately.

Leinad pushed Trove onwards. His mind was wondering. He wondered about Sin, about her stomach, and the child residing within her, about their future together as a family. He was glad that he had met Sin, she had truly been the light of his life, and always would be. He couldn't imagine anyone else being with him, being the mother of his child. And their child, he wasn't sure if they were to have a boy or girl, but he didn't care, he would love their child with every ounce of his being, the same was that he loved Sin.

As they approached the cave, he saw Bella, Sin's horse grazing outside. He felt Trove's trot change a bit, he was trying to look like a big deal in front of the lady horse. He patted Trove's neck. "Strutting your stuff for your girlfriend again hm?" He said riding Trove up beside Bella. He dismounted, leaving all of their stuff packed, he figured Sin would probably want to leave very soon, and there was no need to repack everything. He patted Trove's side. "You two be good now, we don't want to have to pick up a mess." He said, pointing to the bags on Trove's back. He headed inside the cave, hoping to be reunited with his beloved once more.

He followed the familiar pathways he and Sin had walked so often, their paths practically grooves in the floor now, after so many meetings. She was probably in the room with the waterfall again, that had always been her favorite room. He wondered if her stomach had grown any larger since he had seen her last. He wondered if she was any cuter. She only seemed to be increasingly beautiful with each visit.

As he entered the room, he saw the fire, noticing it was set up just the way he had taught her to do. He was glad to see she remembered. He had taught her about nature, about survival. And in turn she had taught him much too, but in areas he had never thought to be schooled in. He didn't see her in the fires small circle of influence, but he did see her open pack. He sat by the fire, smiling, knowing his beloved small, delicate hands had meticulous crafted the fire just as he had shown her. He called out. "Sin, I'm here my darling, where are you?" He knew she wouldn't have strayed too far, so he figured she might be in the mist, but without enough light he just had to guess. He thought about relighting the torch to come find her, but he decided that she must be doing something, and she would appear before him when she was ready.

Sin had been air drying for some time now when she heard Leinad call to her. Her once somber disposition lightened as she stood and grabbed the clothes she had set out. The skirt was almost to the stone at her feet but the material was breathable and comfortable, the top made of the same soft material seemed to be missing half of itself. Sin slid it down and somehow felt silly. Her protruding belly was the most obvious it had ever been especially now that it was the size of a watermelon. She felt self concious as she moved back towards the cave, her eyes focusing on his form instantly. Her footsteps quickened as she met him with a warm smile, her arms wrapping around him. She never wanted to let go and now, she'd never have to be away from him. It almost seemed unreal. Like something from a dream.

"I was so worried my love. I had to come a day early...there was suspicion from my mother." Sin trailed off her voice shaky. "What if they find us? Can we leave tonight Leinad? Please my love I am begging you. I have such a terrible feeling. Please. Please tonight...I have to get away....we have to get the baby away from them. We have to get away from our names....Sipsy told me it could be dangerous." Sin gasped for a moment she had neglected to mention her hand maid knew of her pregnancy. "Sipsy found us out....but it truly was a blessing my love. She helped me prepare for this and I was thankful because I was so lost." Tears strolled down her face. "I was so confused and worried and lost and Sipsy just made everything so easy for me....like she has my whole life. How I wish she could of came with us."

Leinad heard her laborus steps, and he stood as she waddle-walk to his arms and embraced him. He had so much to say as she attacked him with a flurry of questions. When she mentioned that Sipsy knew of her pregnancy, Leinad smiled, knowing that he hadn't told James about her pregnancy, but he was glad that someone else knew but them.

"Just couldn't wait to tell someone, hmm?" He said, feeling her round belly pressed up against him tightly. He held her until she let go, and he took her hands, looking down at her bare stomach. "It's even more beautiful than I remembered!" He said, slipping both of his hands over it, Sin's hands still intwined with his. "You sure look like mommy material to me." He told her, kissing her lips and gently running their hands across her belly's dramatic curve. He liked how it felt, it accented her body nicely, and he wondered just how large it would become. He wasn't sure what had caused her to choose what she did to wear, but he was glad she was showing off her stomach, it looked good on her.

"And yes, we can leave tonight my love, we can leave right now if you'd like, I have food and some.medical supplies. I just hope I brought enough to feed you and the baby." He said, covering her belly button with his hand and patting her stomach, causing her belly to ripple as he did. He knelt before her, gently pulling her belly to his lips, kissing ng it tenderly as he greeted their child. He held his lips there for a few seconds, feeling her warm stomach against his lips, his mind wandering, thinking about their baby again. What would they look like, were they a boy or girl? Would they like their parents? He finally pulled his lips from her belly button, standing, embra in her and kissing her lips, pressing her against the cave wall, being careful not to crush her new stomach too much. "And if we get caught babe, then we will decide what to do from there." He told her.

Leinad took both of her hands and cupped them in his. "My love, promise me that you will protect our baby, with everything you have, and that you will let no harm come to him or her." Leinad said, wanting to hear her promise to care for their child with her whole heart. Leinad had already decided that he would do the same, but he wanted to hear her say it too, wanted the baby to hear it, if the baby could even hear at this point. He figured she had to be around three months, despite the size her stomach was. The timing would make sense for her to be just past three months. He stared into her beautiful eyes, waiting to hear her sweet voice.

She smiled warmly as he dropped to kiss her growing belly. He was so charming and sweet, how did she ever get so lucky? Oh how she adored this man. He cupped her hands as he stood and asked her to promise him something. Her mind screamed ANYTHING! as she listened intently to him.

"My dearest love. My Leinad. I would give my life to protect our baby. I couldn't allow or forgive myself if something were to happen to the life growing inside of me. It is a part of both of us and I believe in self preservation. " She laughed, the first joke she had made in over a week. "But this child is a part of you as well my love and I would do all I could to keep you from harm. I know you will protect your family with your life my love. I am so lucky to have you and our child is going to have the best dad ever." She gave a few comforting laughs as she leaned in to kiss him again. "Promise me you'll protect us and love us unconditionally my love." She kissed him again on the lips and slowly gave soft and sweet kisses up the side of his cheek and eventually on his brow before she placed a simple, gentle kiss on his eyelid.

After he promised her she embraced him as tightly as she could manage and took a deep breath. "And for the record I didn't tell Sipsy.... she just found out....I'm fortunate it was her and not my mother. As I said Sipsy was a saving grace for me. The last day or two I was there Mother was constantly asking to talk to me or see me. Sipsy was covering for me....and probably still is. She told the I was sick but it won't be long before they find her out and I don't want to be anywhere near here when that happens."

Leinad smiled as she asked him to make her a similar promise. "I promise to love you unconditionally my love, and to protect you and the baby with every fiber of my being." He said, meaning ever word he spoke. He held her stomach in his hands, gently exploring it's new bulge.

"So, how soon do you want to get on the road? We could go now, or we can wait until the dark of night." He said, kissing her forehead, releasing her belly, which rippled and sloshed to a resting position as his hand slipped around her neck, and he kissed her nose, then her lips, her belly resting perfectly between them as he kept the kiss going, not giving her a chance to answer as the kiss escaleted in passion, and soon Leinad had Sin against the wall, his hands on her belly as they continued to kiss, her bare back against the cold stone wall. He eventually decided to release her from his kiss. He looked at her, feeling the ring his father gave him in his pocket. "Sin, I have one last promise I want to give you. He said, pulling the ring from his pocket.

"This is our family's crest, the ring worn by the current king, my father. He gave this to me when I told him I was leaving on a scouting mission to the morningkills territory. He fears there will be an attack on the castle, and he gave it to me, for safekeeping, and so I would be able to take my place as king if something befell him. And now, Sin, I offer this ring to you. How better to protect the ring then by putting it upon the hand of the only thing on this Earth that matters. I promise you Sin, that I will love you until the day we die, unconditionally, with every ounce of love that I have, and I promise to be the father our children deserve." He paused, the next words were hard for him to say. And I promise, to be the husband that you deserve, if you'll let me be." He said, offering her the ring, extremely nervous that she might refuse his offer. He wasn't sure what he would do if she said no, but he would love her anyways.

Speechless. She tried to speak but nothing came from her lips. She began nodding wildly as she held out her hand, allowing her love to slip it on her slender fingers. She admired it carefully, her finger rubbing across it's smooth surface. Deep breath. As she exhaled Sin threw her arms around him, her buldge pressing against him.

"It would be an honor to be your wife. There's only one thing in this world that could make me happier in this moment and it's growing inside of me." She placed a hand on her stomach and began doing small circles. It would seem that Sin was a glow, she had a certain air about her in that moment that she pulled back to face him. "Do you need rest before we set out?" She hoped he was fine to continue straight on for the feeling of oncoming danger seemed to be growing. "Leinad my darling...I have such a bad feeling...I just wish to leave as soon as we are able. We have to get away from this place. It's not safe."

Terror had begun to take hold of her and Sin's wild hormones were only feeding into her paranoia. She gave him a beaming smile even though she fought to hold back tears. She wouldn't push him if he needed it but she needed to be away from this place. This place that screamed danger. This place that screamed for her to flee from. This place where she would surely die.

She said yes. Leinad's heart skipped a beat at her response as she held out her hand for him to slip the ring onto. He smiled, it was a perfect fit, and he watched as she examined it closely, hugged him against her. He could feel her stomach smushed up against him and he slipped his hands over the sides of her pregnant stomach. He never wanted to stop kissing her, but he knew they really should get moving soon, and he was glad when she finally broke the kiss off, worried he would have never stopped if it had been up to him.

When she did pull back, he smiled as he felt her hands join his on her tummy. He knew she was just as excited about this baby, if not moreso. He wasn't sure why her stomach was the size it was, but he didn't care, he loved how it looked, the way it was a part of her. He thought to himself that it even gave him more Sin to cuddle with.

He could hear the fear in her voice as she expressed her worry and desire to leave. He thought he felt her shudder, and he took both of her hands, the ring a perfect addition to her outfit. "Worry not, we can leave now, I made sure I was well rested before I came, I hope you and the baby did the same." He said, his hand still exploring her belly, his finger tracing the outer edge of her bellybutton. He slipped his other hand over the small of her back, and took his hand from her belly, motioning towards the entrance. "After you " he told her, replacing his hand directly over her pregnant tummy, hoping the baby could feel and understand his affection from within her womb. As they made their way out, he swore he could feel her stomach growing in his hands.

Relief washed over her. Thank the stars they were leaving. Sin made sure to grab her small bag and the letter from Sipsy before she allowed Leinad to escort her out. Her pace was quick, her heart pounding in her chest rapidly as they exited the entrance of the cave. They were really doing this. Sin patted Bella on her neck and placed her foot up in the special stirrups Sipsy had accuried for her. They were literally made to help pregnant women mount and dismount horse. Sin frowned for a moment at the thought of leaving without her treasured hand maiden but without Sipsy's help her family would of known almost immediately that she was gone It saddened her to leave this place to. This place that their love had flourished. This place that Sin believe to be heaven because Leinad took her there, there was where she could be in his arms. Her safe place with the love of her life.

"I owe Sipsy more then you can ever imagine for all of this. I am sad to leave her behind my love. " Sin then took a deep breath as the heaviness of their situation completely set in. "Lead the way my love."

"when the war is over, and when our child is born, then we will come back and visit her, you have my word." He told her, remembering his promise to James as well. He looked over to Sin, her special pregnant woman saddle looked a bit funny compared to the saddle Bella often wore, but he was glad she was taking proper care of her pregnant stomach. He wouldn't want her to harm their baby if she didn't have to. He didn't like that she wasn't on his horse, but he knew if they both rode the same horse they would really be pushing the limits of either horse, so riding separate was a must. If she wasn't pregnant they could have easily both ridden one horse, but with her added weight, and their supplies it wasn't worth the risk.

Leinad guided Trove east, towards the horizon, the sun had began it's descent, but it was still late afternoon. He knew there was a village a couple hours to the east, Mot, a small village, near the river. Once they arrived there they could stop for the night if Sin needed a soft bed. If she was okay with sleeping on a bedroll on the cold ground they could go farther. He knew she would probably never be comfortable on the ground, so he hoped she would agree to stay in the town's in. But with her anxiety and worry he knew she might rather just travel as far as they could before the horses needed a rest.

He kept a close eye on her. If something was to go wrong he would need to be extra attentive and ready to fight. He knew they weren't exactly criminals yet, well, technically they we're, but nobody knew it yet. He smiled at Sin, her pregnant stomach accenting her already astounding beauty. He was glad it was warm this early in spring, otherwise he knew she would have it covered. He hoped that when they reached town they would not have to disguise themselves, but he had made sure to pack several articles of clothing to hide their identities. Sin's stomach made for an excellent distraction from her face, she would be easy to go unnoticed as rhe heiress to her throne, but he knew his distinct features might require some hiding as they neared the city.

"Darling, there's a village a couple hours ahead, we could stop there for the night, enjoy a nice soft bed one last time before we have to start sleeping on the ground. Or if your still worried about being caught we can skip town and just make camp when we get tired." He said, hoping that she would choose whatever was best for their child. He loved her, and he knew whatever she chose would be the best choice for their child and herself.

Sin felt better now that they were on the road but something still troubled her, some darkness that seemed to follow them. She couldn't help but to look over her shoulder an undying fear that the Morningkill's were right behind them. Her right ha,d rested on her belly, her shoulders rolling to help drape her cloak around her, she still wasnt entirely comfortable being so bare.

The melodic tone of Leinad's voice pulled her attention to her handsome fiance. Her mind raced once again. "Sipsy said she packed things for me to help with that...and I'd much rather get as far as we can my love besides..." She paused "when im farther along I'd much rather have the option of a bed."

Leinad looked behind him, to his beloved, pregnant fiance. "Very well my love, we will continue onward until you are tired." He said. He wondered how far they'd manage to get before she wished to rest. He had traveled this road many times. He knew the land well up to the great Divide, but beyond that he knew very little. He hoped that they would reach the eastern coast before she was due to give birth. Once they had the baby they would be unable to travel, and that wasn't something that would be good for either of them.

He could see the small town of Mot up ahead. He was glad they didn't have to stop, the less they showed their faces the better. He settled into his saddle a bit more, just glad to be getting away from all the politics and war, he had never cared for any of those things. All he want Ed now was to settle down with Sin and start a family. He had no interest in ruling a kingdom. He would much rather marry Sin and have a nice large happy family together. He wanted nothing more, and he would do everything he could to see that come to pass. As the day began to draw to a close, he wondered how late Sin would want to travel, hoping soon she would want to settle down for the night.

Duality. A beautiful serenity. A macabre melancholy. She seemed to drift through them seamlessly as they traveled onward. The town was in sight but it only urged Sin to force Bella past the little homestead quickly. That sensation that someone was following them kept nagging at her. She looked behind them and saw nothing but she couldn't shake the feeling. It was impossible wasn't it? For someone to be on their trail so soon, there was no way. Was there? Her breath caught in her chest for a moment as she moved Bella to ride beside Trove. As she looked upon his face she felt as though her troubles were washing away. She gave him a smile and blew a kiss to him before a fit of chuckles came over her.

"You're so handsome my love. I pray to the stars that our male child should have your strong features." She placed a hand on her belly. "If it's a girl she will be as lovely as her mother of course." she gave a hearty laugh and blew him another kiss.

As they passed Mot Sin felt her anxiety rising again and she hoped it wouldn't be like this during their entire journey. Her haste to depart could of possibly put them at risk and her mother wasn't likely to be put off for much longer by Sipsy. The thought of the old woman brought a sort of pain to her heart and Sin prayed for the woman's safety, for if her mother thought for a moment Sipsy knew anything she would likely torture her. Panic. Would Sipsy devulge information to save her own life? The old hand maid had to of known that helping Sin run away ESPECIALLY knowing she was pregnant with a Dume baby...
Sin felt suddenly as though she would be sick but she pushed the urge down and continued onward. In an attempt to distract herself Sin began softly talking to Leinad, not really expecting a response.

"We should start thinking of names love. If it's a girl...how about.. Lilly? No. Morgan perhaps. I love the name Jade and wouldn't she be perfect if she had eyes like mine? OH! Lilliana...I do so adore that name. And what if it's a boy? Do you think Jace is appropriate? Maybe Zalous? No. Leonidas? HArder for me to think of boys names. Isn't that so strange my love?" She continued like this for hours before she began to grow silent.

Sin was growing tired but she was too stubborn to admit it. It was likely Leinad was tired as well considering how long it had been. It surely felt like they had been on the road forever but she wondered if Leinad truly knew how long it had been. "My love...as much as I want to continue...perhaps we should look for somewhere to make camp for the night. I think we are far enough away from that town to ease my mind finally. I'm so afraid we're going to be found out."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back