• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy a love/hate relationship

Sub Genres
  1. LGBTQ
  2. Romance

david tennant

daydream believer
Alexander’s eyes darted up towards the ceiling for a moment as it seemed like everything had frozen for him. It wasn’t the first time that something like this had happened. Both Nikolai and himself had multiple moments like it, though most of them were while they were together. This one was different though. The moment everything seemed to unfreeze, the moment that he realized Delphine was physically shaking him, he felt a tugging in his chest. He had no actual explanation for what it could be. It was unlike anything he had ever experienced before. Yet he knew it was one of the most important things in his life.

“Missing.” The simple word left his lips in a whisper. Delphine was right and he knew she was. He needed to attempt to focus in any way he could. Despite all that way happening, this sudden tugging was the main thing his mind was focusing on then. The breakdown he was experiencing was still evident, his body refusing to stop shaking and the tears continuing to fall down his cheeks. His breathing was stretched into gentle hiccups then. He was at least not sobbing in the manner he had before.

“He is missing.” He repeated, his voice a bit stronger. He almost stumbled with the force that he was lifted off of the ground from. If he had any sane thoughts in that moment, they would be reminding him why he was terrified of Delphine. The tug only grew stronger when he finally came to his feet. He took a step forward unconsciously, his body already knowing exactly where Nikolai was. He began to lead the way then with the ring still flashing colors on his finger. He didn’t bother speaking as he walked. His eyes were still glazed over and he looked much worse than he had before.

The tugging was like a child playing with a piece of yarn. It wasn’t a solid hold. Instead, it was more of light tugs over anything else. The further he led them into the forest, the stronger the tugs got. Yes! Look closer! That voice showered his mind with praise as he walked quickly towards whenever this was leading him. He hadn’t bothered to look over his shoulder and see if Delphine was still following along. Everything in his wanted him to keep walking. His steps were quickening the closer they got to his destination. He almost tripped a few times over various rocks and roots, but he continued to walk.

The final tug led him to the exterior of a cave. It took him a few moments to recognize just what it was, especially when he had only seen it during the night. He didn’t waste any time in rushing inside. Darkness blinded him for a moment as he stepped into the opening. The familiar sound of the water splashing gently onto the cave walls soothed him in a way he didn’t understand. He looked around until his eyes landed on Nikolai. In that moment, whatever had been guiding him officially snapped into place. It felt like the yarn had gone stiff. It was a connection unlike anything else he felt before. “Nikolai?” His voice was hoarse, the agony from before still evident.

His body hadn’t stopped shaking yet, though the tears had stopped. His eyes were bloodshot and his skin patchy with redness. His clothes were wrinkled from how he had sat on the floor. His eyes still held the dullness, though fear was beginning to creep into them. It was clear he was a complete shell of how he had been when Nikolai left him last.

SleepingInTheGardens

Delphine found it difficult to follow Alexander’s train of thought. His eyes were dull and distant, and the words coming out of his mouth were fragmented, as if he were a child just learning how to speak. They had established Nikolai was missing. She wasn’t sure why he kept repeating it. “Yes, we know he’s missing! Help me find him!” Just then, the warlock got to his feet, his gaze focused on nothing in particular.

The siren watched him closely, her eyes attempting to follow what he was looking at but there was nothing but empty halls. He began to walk without a word, and against her better judgement, Delphine followed. She had never seen anything like this before, but her contact with warlocks was much more limited than Nikolai. She knew very little about them, and even less about Alexander. For all she knew, this could be normal for him. There was also the possibility that he was insane, but if it helped get her to her brother, she didn’t really care what his mental state was.

She followed him out of the palace and into what looked like an enchanted forest. She kept up with him without any problems, but would occasionally pause to look around her surroundings. The area was beautiful, unlike anything she had ever seen and she had seen a lot during her lifetime. She even thought to have seen cloche e’ouro plants. A flower she thought no longer existed. She couldn’t stop for long, however. Alexander trekked on, and seemingly got faster and faster as he moved.

They stopped in front of what looked like a cave. Immediately, she felt the pull of the water from inside. For the first time since she started following the warlock, she was finally sure he knew where he was going. If there was water inside, there was likely to be a Nikolai too.

The sound of footsteps caught the prince’s attention. His head lifted slowly, the bursts on pain from before had subsided now, and replaced by a heavy tug and dull ringing in his ears. For a moment, he’d forgotten where he was, but quickly remembered that he and Alexander were the only ones that knew of this moon pool.

“Nikolai?”

The sound of his voice brought the siren to his feet, his gAze immediately landing on the warlock. He looked…sick. Tired. Confused? Nikolai couldn’t quite tell what was wrong, but there was something going on with him. “Alex…” his voice was quiet, but echoed among the cave walls, his footsteps sounding against the rocks as he moved closer. There were so many things he wanted to ask. Was he okay? Did something happen? How did he know to find him here? So many questions, yet all he could do was wrap his arms around the prince and hug him tightly.

His cheek rested against the other’s shoulder as they stood there for who knows how long. It wasn’t until he heard an extra pair of footsteps that he lifted his head again. “Delphine?” The woman stood just a few feet away, her features shaped by what looked like relief. Slowly, he pulled away from Alex. Nikolai knew she must have been worried after he hadn’t been home for days. The guilt settled in his stomach as he looked at her, but she quickly moved to him, engulfing him in a hug.

“I was so worried…” she breathed. Nikolai felt the tears threatening to well up again.

“I’m sorry…” she slowly let him go, quickly checking him over for any injuries. It was only then that he registered the fact that she and Alexander were together. “What are you two doing here….together?”

david tennant

daydream believer
For a split moment, Alexander felt as though he was normal again. His mind seemed to clear from the fog that was covering it. Nikolai’s hug did something to him that he never could properly describe. He lifted his arms up to wrap around the other male in return. His familiar scent washed over him and he closed his eyes tightly to keep from beginning to cry once more. He hadn’t realized just how much he had missed the siren prince until that moment. The worry that he had felt when he experienced the vision of him near the darkness had been consuming when he witnessed it. But for the first time in days, he felt alright. It was all that mattered to him.

When the other male pulled back, everything rushed right back to him. His breathing quickened for a few moments as he tried to calm himself down more. He didn’t need to worry Nikolai too much before he even got a chance to see his sister. He turned his gaze to watch as the two reunited. He curled his fingers into him palm, his fingertips feeling the divers that had formed from where his nails had been digging in. He hadn’t realized just how bad the scabs had been until that moment. He truly had turned into an utter mess from everything.

He took a few shuddering breaths when he heard Nikolai’s words. “I saw you. You were by the black pit. But you left me. You swam away into it. I-I had lost you.” He spoke quietly as he recalled the vision. Flashes of it took over his gaze before he was able to stop them. He visibly flinched at the memory. “The pit. You went into the pit. You were gone.” He repeated. It was the first glimpse he had given Nikolai of just how much this had affected him. He shook his head lightly while he brought a hand up to rub at his eyes.

“She said you were missing and I knew you were missing. I saw it. I saw you. It was the first time I saw you since you left. I thought you were gone for sure. I really thought you were dead. It was terrible. I thought you really left me.” His words were spilling out just like they had before. He really had gotten lost due to everything. His legs were shaking once again. He didn’t look at Nikolai then. His eyebrows had furrowed some as he stood there. The pain was clear on his expression.

“There was a tug after I collapsed. I thought you were dead, but the ring didn’t. The ring brought me here. It was a tug, like on a rope. I didn’t know where I was going but I found you. It brought me here.” He lifted his hand to look down at the golden ring that was still flashing through the colors. There wasn’t anything he could do about it. He held his hand out towards Nikolai. “It brought me here to you.” He repeated. If he didn’t have Delphine convinced he was insane before, he did now.

SleepingInTheGardens

So many things were being said, it was difficult for Nikolai to keep up. He looked to Delphine for clarity, but she looked even more dumbfounded than he felt. One thing was painfully evident, however. Alexander was not okay, and from the sound of it, it was because of him. Of course it was. What else would send him into a spiral like this? The more he stuck around, the more Nikolai realized he truly was toxic to the people around him even if he didn’t want or mean to be.

“He’s been like this ever since we got to the palace.” Delphine commented, her arms folding over her chest. She never was big on patience. “I was lucky enough to get him to help me look for you.” She huffed, taking a few steps away and making a gesture towards the warlock as if to tell Nikolai to fix it. In truth, he didn’t have a clue what to say. A lot of the words that came out of Alexander’s mouth didn’t make much sense, except….

“Whoa, whoa, slow down…A pit…?” he thought back to the ominous space he’d faced so many times during the past few days. Of how the last time he was there, he was certain he’d heard Alexander’s voice. But how was that even possible? “How did you even…?” His words trailed off, realizing if he asked what he was thinking, he’d be confirming he did in fact go there. Judging by the state he was already in, Alex didn’t need to know that. He could see the wear and tear on the prince’s body, his face tired and sporting bags under his eyes, his usual innocent and curious spark now dulled by whatever was haunting him.

No, there had to be more. The mere idea of Nikolai disappearing alone couldn’t have been the cause for such a drastic change in his person. His gaze fell to the prince’s hands, pale and trembling. Nikolai carefully took them in his, giving them a gentle squeeze as the sunlight reflected against their rings.

The rings…

Was that what made him stay? How much power was actually in them? It seemed like the more time passed, the more Nikolai realized they weren’t just magical trinkets. “I felt it too…” he muttered, almost to himself but loud enough for Nikolai to hear. “The tug…I felt it.” The comment had been sandwiched in by so many other words that it hadn’t registered in Nikolai’s head until now. He’d definitely felt something similar to what Alex described. “Earlier, before you got here, I-…” he glanced to the space where he’d been sitting, recalling the subtle pull in the direction of the palace.

He looked to Alex again, that expression of sheer terror in his eyes making his heart sink. One hand instinctively reached up, gently cupping the prince’s cheek.

“What’s going on? What else happened while I was away?” Even if what Alex saw of him near the black hole had affected him, Nikolai refused to believe that was it. There had to be more to this man’s distressed state.

david tennant

daydream believer
Alexander wanted to stop rambling out in the manner he was. He truly did. His mind was just a swirling pit filled with everything that had been going on since the other male left. All of the visions were present every second of the day. Every time he closed his eyes, he saw flashes of them. He wished he could get rid of the splatters of blood that were burned into his retinas. The screams of the siren still echoed in the back of his mind. Then there was that voice that urged him to continue to look closer at the situation. He hadn’t a clue as to what it meant, but it was one of the only things that had kept him sane during this time.

The other thing had been Nikolai, before the vision of him at the pit.

The thought of the other male had been a fresh breeze washing everything away from his mind. Nikolai was an anchor to him. He had never felt such strong emotions towards another person, even if he couldn’t decipher just what he was feeling about the siren prince. There was something that was so new and so refreshing about him that he would truly always appreciate. Nikolai showed him a freedom that he had always craved. He brought him a sense of joy that he was missing. He thought he might love him, if that was even possible. He couldn’t understand just what his affection felt like yet.

His mind registered the fact that Nikolai confirmed that he had been at the edge of that pit like he had seen in the vision. He normally would’ve scolded him for such a thing, but his thoughts were racing far too much for it. His body was still racing as he stood there. The gentle grip on his hand and the cupping of his cheek helped take him out of it slightly. It was enough for him to hear the question he asked. His eyes darted to Nikolai’s meeting his gaze then. “I saw everything.” His first statement was ominous, but he quickly elaborated.

“I saw everything that happened to that siren. The visions. I saw everything.” He explained, not looking away from the other male. “I saw years worth of things. Years worth of carnage. I don’t know who it is, who was the one that had this happening. I saw it all though. There was the blood and the wreckage. I think it might’ve been in the palace, but I don’t know.” He continued to ramble, moving to take a step closer to the other male. “There were a bunch of storms too. The only connection I know of was one man. He constantly yelled at this poor siren and blamed him for everything. I never saw his face, but his voice sounds so familiar.” His eyebrows furrowed as he thought on it.

He hadn’t a clue that it was Nikolai’s life he had been seeing. “The visions won’t leave me alone. I can’t sleep without seeing them. Then you went to that pit. That was the worst one. I was at breakfast and I must’ve fallen out of my chair. I don’t know what happened during it. My parents said it might’ve been a seizure or something. I really thought you were dead Niko. I thought I had lost you.” The tears finally began to form in his eyes once more. They quickly began to stream down his face.

SleepingInTheGardens

Part of Nikolai hoped that whatever types of vision Alexander been having before they parted had stopped. After all, that’s one of the main reasons he had decided to leave, and deep down when he saw the state the warlock was in, he knew it probably had something to do with them. However, nothing really struck him like hearing Alex say it. He’d wanted to help, but he ended up making it worse.

It was terrifying and perplexing how Alexander was seeing his memories, like a play back of a film, subsequently going through the many years of emotional and psychological torture he had endured. Nothing could compare to the pain he’d felt back then. All of the nights he’d spent crying, the days he’d spent drenched in blood and fear, terrified of doing or saying anything in fear of causing more destruction. Every time he was told it was his fault, he believed it more and more.

Over the years, he’d tried his best to forget, to bury the past as deep down as he possibly could. All that trauma and turmoil had begun to rush back since he’;d first left the warlock palace. All the self-blaming and the never ending need to just disappear along with the problems his mere existence caused. The knot in his throat grew bigger still when he heard the shift in Alex’ voice. He never imagined his vanishing would affect him this way, yet there he was, crying over a siren he barely knew.

He looked down at their hands, the prince's sadness and relief seeping through him. He tried his best to keep composure, but the with every ounce of Alexander’s emotions that came in, a little bit of his seeped out. His ring mirrored the tight feeling deep in his chest as he let the prince’s hands go, his head lowered, eyes closed to keep the tears behind his eyelids.

“I’m sorry….” It was all he could say. Despite how much he wanted to let Alexander know what he saw was all in the past, and that he’d been doing everything he could to keep it from happening again. He couldn’t. Not a word about those days or the curse that caused them was allowed out of his mouth. No one else knew his pain. No one except…

His head lifted suddenly, his eyes immediately finding Delphine who watched and listened quietly from the entrance of the cave. There was the look of concern on her features, but not surprise. Perhaps she’d heard this from Alexander already, but they had an unspoken pact to not speak. But she seemed to quickly catch on, her steps slowly taking her closer to the duo.

“Niko…are you sure that’s allowed?”

Nikolai’s eyes shifted between the two. As much as he wanted to continue to ignore this, it was well beyond that point now. He nodded, hesitantly, before turning to Alexander. He took the other’s hands once again, attempting to swallow the lump still lingering in his throat. “I’m sorry…” he repeated, this time a bit louder. “It is all my fault…” he echoed the words he’d heard so many times before. No matter how he looked at it, he was to blame whether he wanted to cause suffering or not.

He let the hands go, giving Delphine a gentle nod before stepping away, as far away from the cave as he could get without leaving them behind.

Delphine watched Nikolai, her hand instinctively reaching for Alexander in case he tried to follow. Once she was sure he was far enough, she looked to the prince. “Look, I don’t particularly like you.” She stated first and foremost, but quickly followed with. “But for some reason, Niko does. And he obviously trust you enough to…” her words trailed off with a sigh. She watched him for a moment, unsure if he was even mentally stable enough to pay attention. “I need you to promise to never speak of what of what I’m about to tell you to anyone.” She instructed. “ESPECIALLY not Nikolai or you will be putting him and a lot of other people in danger. Understand?”

david tennant

daydream believer
The fear that was gripping Alexander was irrational and he knew it was. It was just something that he had been unable to shake no matter what he tried. Every time that he thought he kept those emotions repressed enough, they immediately were brought back to the surface by a sudden flash of what he had seen. He felt terrible for whoever had to experience those things he had seen first hand. He couldn’t imagine just how much of an emotional and mental toll it took on a person.

His hands began to tremble more as Nikolai pulled his own back. His first instinct was to reach forward for the other male and pull him close once again. He needed to feel his warmth after lacking it for such a long time. His eyes were finally focusing on the man in front of him. He could see the anguish that was beginning to creep onto his face, causing more concern to fill him. He didn’t know what could cause Nikolai to finally express his emotions in such a way.

His mouth parted slightly, almost in an attempt to find words to question why Nikolai was apologizing. Was it due to the fact that he believed the other male dead? He didn’t think that an apology was necessary for that. After all, his mind still had him partly convinced that he was going insane. He took in a breath and brought his hand up to rub at the tears that still made their way down his cheeks. No matter how hard he tried to stop them they continued to fall. He never truly allowed for himself to cry over anything like this before.

His eyes darted to Delphine as she stepped back into the cave. They shifted between the two siblings a few times before they settled back on Nikolai. “What’s going on?” He asked in a hollow tone, truly a reflection of everything he had been experiencing as of late. Some surprise flashed across his expression when Nikolai took his hands once again. The apology that slipped from his lips once more and the following comment made his confusion grow more. His ring had turned a murky grey at the confusion in his own emotions that he felt.

Much like Delphine had expected, he automatically took a step forward to move after Nikolai. He had no intention of being apart from the other male any longer than he already had been. These past few weeks had been terrible and he wanted to hear the explanation from Nikolai. He paused when Delphine stopped him, dull blue eyes landing upon her. “I knew you didn’t like me from the moment you met me.” He confessed in a quieter tone. It had been very obvious from the moment that he felt her eyes on him. There was a quiet judgement to them that caused terror to fill his chest at the thought of wronging her.

His eyebrows furrowed slightly while he attempted to focus long enough to understand just what she was about to say to him. His thoughts were still racing, but it almost seemed as though someone had placed a lid over them. They weren’t nearly as strong or loud as they had been before. He nodded his head slightly in assurance to her question. “I promise,” He paused for a moment, clearing his throat gently. “What is going on Delphine?”

Users who are viewing this thread