are you perhaps short of a marble?
Hello all! I'm Arabella (she/her, 25). It's summertime, and I hate going outdoors in the summer, so I am once again on the prowl for some of that sweet, sweet written content. I'll put some more info about who I am, how I roleplay, and what I'm looking for in the tabs below. Asterisks mean I'm really looking for that particular show/movie/etc!
- No godmodding/powerplaying. If you want to write everyone and everything, I suggest taking up fanfiction or other forms of writing, roleplaying isn't for you. On the other hand, that doesn't mean you don't write for side characters/NPCs/or other characters in the story other than yours.
- 18+ only, please. I'm 25, I like mature themes (that abide by the site rules, of course) and I'm not comfortable roleplaying with anyone under 18.
- I enjoy longer post lengths. I personally write a few paragraphs, anywhere from 400+ words, I'd say. I would ask the same of my partner. I write in third person, past tense (mostly, sometimes I mess up tenses). No first person writing, please. I'm not a perfect writer, far from the best, and I don't expect you to be either. As far as how often/how many/time between posts...I'm a slower writer, I work, I have hobbies, and I have a family. I can't always reply a billion times a day or week, but I aim for replying as much as I can. At least once a week. As such, I don't mind slow replies either. But no matter how often the replies, if we jive, I am long term writing buddy.
- I only roleplay in threads. I don't go offsite and I don't do it in DMs. DMs are for plotting and OOC chat (which I love). Coinciding with that, I also don't chat/plot off site (aka no Discord). I also like making extra pages for things like character sheets and any other stuff we want to add.
- I exclusively double. I love it. I love collaborating. I find I'm not as interested or feel awkward when I'm playing just one character. So I'll never write as just a canon character or just an OC. On that note as well, I only really enjoy writing canon x oc pairings as the forefront characters. I hardly ever ship any canon pairings and I don't really enjoy oc x oc pairings. So no canon x canon or oc x oc. Of course, exceptions can be made for other characters/side characters within the roleplay, however it plays out!
- Romance is my thing. I love love, pining, angst, all that fun stuff. That being said, I don't want that to be the focus. I like story, action, and relationships with all characters. But a lil bit of heart eyes is necessary to keep me interested.
- Please don't message me "wanna rp" or any variation of that. I'll just ignore it. Same goes for anyone who posts on this thread asking to roleplay, just give me a DM.
- To let me know you read this far, tell me your favorite vegetable!
Just a final note, I am ghost-friendly. If you're not feeling it or we're not meshing, no need to feel any pressure to let me know. I'll figure it out myself. But similarly, if there's something about the roleplay or the direction it's going in that you're not feeling 100% about, feel free to let me know. I promise I don't bite. The biggest and most important rule/point of roleplaying is HAVING FUN.
Currently, I’m looking for a sequel era story. I say as if I’m not always. I love the OT and all of them, but I don’t care much to mess with that story. I don’t really follow many of the animated series. I have read a few of the Thrawn books and a good few EU books, but not enough for me to feel confident in writing something set in those stories completely (though I wouldn't be opposed to taking concepts/characters/what have you).
But for any of those, I don’t want to follow the plots of the movies/shows. I’ve written a lot of inserting characters into x time, into x moment. To avoid being repetitive, I think it would be most fun to mess with the story a bit and make it our own. I also would like to have some darker, grittier...more desolate vibes and devastating themes. With a little glimmer of hope, of course. It’s Star Wars after all.
As far as who I’d like a potential partner to write for me, I’m a simple girl. Kylo has been my special lil man since 2015.
I can write for just about anyone. I’ve written a lot of the Star Wars characters before, I love writing all of them, adapting them for the story.
- Glup Shitto
The whole gang. And if there’s anyone in mind that was not listed here, feel free to ask.
Also, with Kenobi releasing soon...I'm just feeling a little temptation towards something prequel era. I'm thinking some sort of AU or something around Revenge of the Sith...and who knows what I'll think up when Kenobi comes out. Anyway, if anyone's noticed a trend, I'd love if someone wrote Anakin (he's my type, what can I say). I haven't really ventured into writing Obi-Wan, but I'd love the opportunity to. Though, again, I'm happy to write anyone.
Ahh, GoT. The show (and books, but let's be honest the show did the big work) that won the hearts of many and lost them just as fast! I have been rewatching the show with my fiancé and I've been sucked back in. However, I'm not keen to follow the plot of the show or the books exactly. Some creative changes would definitely be needed. I'm also obsessed with different time periods within GoT with other characters than who we see in the show (Robert's Rebellion and beyond).
I've read a few of the GoT books (not all), including Fire & Blood. So I'm happy to play around with any concepts or characters that can come from that. My one requirement, however is DRAGONS. I have a few embarrassing stories I can tell about my longtime love of dragons. But if we're writing in a world where dragons exist, we HAVE to have them in some context.
Who I'd want my partner to potentially write:
- Jon Snow
- Daenerys Targaryen
- Oberyn Martell
- Tywin Lannister
- Rhaegar Targaryen
As for who I'd write as...anyone listed above and just about anyone else. With the exception of Petyr Baelish, Joffrey Baratheon, and Ramsay Bolton. I hate Petyr with all my heart. And I can respect someone who loves an absolute nutjob like Ramsay, but I'm not keen on writing him. Also...who even likes Joffrey? But other than that, give me a name and I'll figure it out. Of course, I'll write them as characters if they are present, but not in a romantic or focused sense.
I don't have much of a plot idea or anything for this, but seeing all the photos of the filming of the show adaption and it just being one of my favorite games, I'd love to jump into the world of TLOU.
I'm looking for someone to write Joel. Everyones favorite dilf.
I'd be happy to write just about anyone. Maybe not Abby. I will say that I will only write Ellie as an adult in a romantic pairing and only fxf.
I did not like TLOU2...perhaps it could be fun to ignore that, if we wanted to write something within the same time period, post the first game. I'd also be interested in writing something in the time span of pre-Ellie but after the start of the outbreak. A lot of uncertainty and focus on survival could be really fun. I'm also open to other ideas and timespans and what not, these are just some thoughts off the top of my head.
Alright, I'm not someone who has really done any non-fandom roleplays. I've done a few and have not really stuck with them, admittedly. But this was a concept I enjoyed and could be done as an AU or perhaps with original characters.
There's this Skyrim mod turned standalone video game called The Forgotten City. Basically the protagonist of the story is transported into a different era, in the game it's the Roman Empire, which is cool but I think any time period could be fun to work in with some altercations. In the game the city is "protected" by the gods, but if anyone commits a sin, they're all turned to gold. The player can restart the time loop and return to that Roman era with all their knowledge and items and such.
I'm not exactly sure where to go with all that, I just thought it could be fun to spin it in different eras, come up with different mysteries, who knows. That's all!