• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Request A little help with Indian mythology

kevintheradioguy

Salt
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello!

I am currently writing a scenario for my second comic, which can probably be called urban fantasy? - and I am in a bit of a loss about certain things of Indian mythology. I know plenty Hindu people, but I'm afraid, they dwell in the religion itself (and let me tell you, the more I hear about Hindu, the more I love it - it's an amazing religion from what I hear). However, what I am interested is not gods, but mythological creatures and beasts of this culture - good or evil. There is a lack of information on the web about Indian monsters and creatures, and websites that have it are written on languages I am not fluent with. You can generally find a lot of information about, say, nagas, but how about the lesser known monsters? I remember one that was a chimera-like snake feline with elephant tusks, albeit I cannot remember what it was and how it behaved; as well as I remember only one mention of a dragon in mythos, and have never found any images of how it looks like.

If there are Hindu or just Indian people around who could give an input into more rare mythological beasts, that'd be very appreciated. I originally wanted to add an Indian dragon variation into the book, as you rarely hear of those, but the more I think about it, the more I am sure that a rarer creature might be more fitting for the spotlight. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back