• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings A lighter quest?

Ravenclaw

I know quests usually have to do with fantasy, adventure, video games, etc. but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a more light-hearted one. Something based on one of these prompts, for example. Kind of like that game "Episode" (I know, I know, it's pretty lame) for people who want less heavy and dramatic stuff.

It could also be structured kind of like an episodic TV series, sitcom, or mockumentary.

Otherwise, I can wrack my brain for a more typically-themed quest, but I'd like to do a "choose your own adventure" in a realistic/modern setting!

For example:
You don't really know how you got roped into this beach getaway in the first place. But your best friend claimed emphatically and then rather aggressively that it was the quintessential way to celebrate graduation and a top-notch paid internship, and it's summer, so far be it from you to object.

Your motel room is on the first floor, which is slightly higher than a typical first floor due to an odd design flaw your friend insists is "quaint". This height means that, rather than deal with stairs, at the end of the day your friend can simply toss you towels, beach chairs, and sand-covered everything over the railing of your balcony.

"Catch!" your friend yells.

A beach ball, towel, and umbrella come hurtling over the railing and nearly hit you in the face. "Thanks a lot," you reply sarcastically. Before you can tell your friend that, accounting for their terrible aim, you've concluded that this is not a good idea, she hurls a pile of sopping wet bathing suits over the railing... of the room next door. Just as a very very attractive guy your age walks out, the swim apparel lands on his head.

You...

A. Apologize
B. Yell at your friend
C. Run away
D. Freeze

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back