• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Hogwarts Journey: The Next Generation [CLOSED]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Vivian’s eyes widened slightly out of surprise before her lips slowly spread into an amused smirk. “No need to get hasty.”, she teased. She could guess where Cas would go...

However, Vivian knew she shouldn’t be making enemies. Not yet at least, so she would extend the olive branch and apologize like Alex suggested. She held her hands up in surrender before giving a small sigh.

“Okay. I’m sorry that I don’t like those houses.” A little nicer Vivian. She chewed on her tongue for a moment before adding, “I didn’t mean to offend you. I’m sure you’ll do well in either one of those houses.”
Alex Compartment J

*Alex smiles at her*

"Ok"

*Alex gives her a look to show that he knows that she didn't mean it*

"Maybe it would be better if Cas apologized first"

*Alex's stare is cold and not the usual warm look he gives, he gives her a look that says i'm not impressed*

"..."

EMERALD AMMONS

7dTypD2.png
Mentions: Rafe White ( Nine of Swords Nine of Swords )

The boy introduced himself as Rafe, and Emerald gave him a soft smile. "It's nice to meet you, Rafe." She heard him talking about the cards and once again accepted the chocolate he was offering her, thinking it was a very kind gesture of him. "This boy seems really sweet", she thought to herself.

She opened the box carefully once more, not wanting the enchanted frog to escaped, cupping the lid with her hand and slowly removing the piece from the box. The brown frog struggled between her fingers and she started to feel bad again about eating it. Emerald had always been a strong advocate for all animals, maybe something she took after her mother.

Her mother was a veterinarian, and both her parents had always taught her to respect all animals. Of course, they taught her to be responsible and which animals she should stay away from because they could hurt her and when to run away, but they always said she should never hurt them unless she needed to in order to protect herself, no matter which animal it was. Of course, the girl, being who she was, took that to the extreme and started saving spiders and refusing to kill mosquitoes around the house at the age of 5.

She took a deep breath, coming back to her senses, a creamy aroma meeting her nose. She curved her lips a bit and took a bite of the chocolate, and it immediately started melting in her mouth. It felt smooth and creamy and tasted slightly sweet. It felt like pure bliss. Once she finished her chocolate, she looked down into the box. On the card, she was greeted by a figure with a very pale, upturned triangular face. He was dressed in green robes, with golden details around his neck and waist, and a deep purple cloak over his head. "I think this is the card you want," she told Rafe, removing the card from the box and placing it on the table next to the others.

Bailey snorted a derisicive snort. Albeit a snort that was in agreement. "Only three i had passed only showed even a hint of spine. Probably the worse batch in in a decade, I'd bet." Her nose wrinkled as she turned her thoughts to quidditch,"But I wouldn't count the quidditch teams lucky yet. They have been making exceptions more frequently than they used to. It would not surprise me if somehow first years make up half our teams this year."

Her lip curled back in a wry smile as she thought longer about it,"But I can't say I won't be looking forward to that. First years are always the softest targets. I'll be making them flinch anytime some even mentions a bludger." In her head she pictured players falling out of the sky like rain. "It will be the easiest to Cup for Griffyndor to win ever." She mused as she grabbed another chocolate frog.
Artemis looked up from his nails, only to chuckle at Bailey’s comment. “Do me a favor and make my sister one of your targets. Such a pitiful thing... she could use a good knock upside the head. She’ll be the awkward one with too many freckles.” He drummed his fingers on the table in front of him before turning his body to face towards the walk-way.

“Gryffindor might have been excellent at quidditch in the past, but rest assured... I’ll make sure to toughen up Hufflepuff this year. They’ll be just as vile as Slytherin when I’m done with them.” Slytherin. The house that Artemis should have been in. His father had made quite the scene about it and it had gotten them nowhere. But, Artemis was beginning to see this as a good thing. If he could influence enough of them, then it would be quite the feat. Only, he knew how many mudbloods resided in Hufflepuff.

“Hufflepuff is sure to be the best. And not only that, but the house cup is sure to be ours this year. You can count on that.”

Artemis looked up from his nails, only to chuckle at Bailey’s comment. “Do me a favor and make my sister one of your targets. Such a pitiful thing... she could use a good knock upside the head. She’ll be the awkward one with too many freckles.” He drummed his fingers on the table in front of him before turning his body to face towards the walk-way.

“Gryffindor might have been excellent at quidditch in the past, but rest assured... I’ll make sure to toughen up Hufflepuff this year. They’ll be just as vile as Slytherin when I’m done with them.” Slytherin. The house that Artemis should have been in. His father had made quite the scene about it and it had gotten them nowhere. But, Artemis was beginning to see this as a good thing. If he could influence enough of them, then it would be quite the feat. Only, he knew how many mudbloods resided in Hufflepuff.

“Hufflepuff is sure to be the best. And not only that, but the house cup is sure to be ours this year. You can count on that.”

If there was ever a day to ask Bailey for a favor, first day back was likely ones best chance to do so without getting extorted. "Oh? I didn't know your sister was Weasley." She asked with a purr and wicked grin as she flicked her eyes over to Victoire ( PixieDust PixieDust )

"I was going to beat her senseless regardless. But since you have asked me so nicely I'll be sure to reaaaaally~ put my back into it." There was a sort of glee in her voice as she offered to go the extra mile on a good drubbing. Though it was a little hard to know if she was meaning on the pitch or in the halls.

She let out an amused huff, "Then you are going to have your work cut out for you. Hufflepuff has almost always lagged behind in just about everything. A house of losers." Her grin widened, "And with Slytherin going as soft as it has been, I think you might want to rethink your standards."

If there was ever a day to ask Bailey for a favor, first day back was likely ones best chance to do so without getting extorted. "Oh? I didn't know your sister was Weasley." She asked with a purr and wicked grin as she flicked her eyes over to Victoire ( PixieDust PixieDust )

"I was going to beat her senseless regardless. But since you have asked me so nicely I'll be sure to reaaaaally~ put my back into it." There was a sort of glee in her voice as she offered to go the extra mile on a good drubbing. Though it was a little hard to know if she was meaning on the pitch or in the halls.

She let out an amused huff, "Then you are going to have your work cut out for you. Hufflepuff has almost always lagged behind in just about everything. A house of losers." Her grin widened, "And with Slytherin going as soft as it has been, I think you might want to rethink your standards."
Artemis looked over at Victoire, wrinkling his nose. Thank heavens she wasn’t actually his sister. Though, it wouldn’t be much of a downgrade. “Heavens no. I would rather get torn to shreds by a dragon than be related to a Weasley.”, he snorted. “My sister is Alonia. She’s a first year.”

He leaned back, pressing his back up to the side of the train. The window was cold behind him, yet the chill of it proved to be relaxing. He had always been a fan of cooler weather...

“Oh trust me. I have faith that I can influence my fellow Hufflepuff. This year will be the year that I turn things around once and for all. Perhaps then it won’t be such a shame to call myself their classmate.”, he said with a roll of his eyes.

• 5cd32e55325584fe09ffeedf997fe924.jpg
    Location: Hogwarts Express, Compartment A With: Blaise Goshawk Dawnstar Dawnstar

Birdie had nearly fled completely out of sight down the aisle now. He nodded rather distractedly as a girl pointed him out and continued on his way. Perhaps the silly thing would find Imelda and he wouldn't have to deal with it. He spotted the fluffy grey tail of his feline companion darting into the very first compartment of the train.

'Birdie no!' he hissed, realising he was close to the window of Imelda's compartment. He hoped beyond hope she hadn't noticed him. Rolling his eyes with a sigh he entered compartment A without announcing himself. Clearly good manners had not gotten him very far on this train journey. Besides he was tired and they had barely even left London by now.

Birdie had curled up underneath a seat. Midas sighed and his expression softened a little from irritated to sympathetic. 'It's alright, Birdie, come on out. Imelda will have my head if you get into anymore trouble.' He outstretched a hand and Birdie mewed stubbornly, deciding he could care less about the fate of his little master.

It was then that Midas noticed the blonde boy lounging about with his feet up on the seat. Midas straightened, returning his usual politely aloof expression.
    'Sorry to interrupt. My cat is quite a nuisance sometimes. Do you mind? He won't leave until he's ready.'

Two more prefects had come and Pearl didn't see the heads just yet, so her interest was lost. She didn't get any of the candy as she was not hungry and didn't really listen to the conversation just the normal talk about first years being weak and blah blah. Pearl had little interest in getting involved with such topics as she didn't really partake in bullying others. She didn't really see why someone would bother did they lack at home or in their own mind. She would need to study Legilimency if she wanted to get proper answers. She would also need to restrain the person who's mind she would be invading, She could always use other spells to remove the necessary memories and then give them back after she had properly understood the person. Occlumency is something she should really get into as well having some defense against others trying to pry into her mind would be smart. Though thinking on the mind made pearl wonder how it was linked to the soul, the kiss of a dementor did not just kill a person or leave them acting normally but lacking a soul, it left them in a state where they could only do the most basic of functions. Pearl wondered if the mind of a victim of the kiss had ever been looked into as that would show that perhaps intelligence resides in more than the brain. Ghosts which were just souls had the memories of who they were and all their knowledge, but that did not prove the soul held the knowledge just that it copied that knowledge. If one could target bits of knowledge of someone or something then perhaps they could break the soul of the target and implant it in another. Pearl had access to more than just the books of hogwarts as with many pure blood families her held a rather large library and of course there were books on the dark arts , many that seemed to be missing from even the restricted section. It was in these books that Pearl had come across the creation of or the mention of a thing called a horcrux. The theory behind it was interesting, but what it did was not something pearl sought.

Pearl only noticed the others were talking when the houses were mentioned, though she quickly faded away from the conversation again when she saw the common misconception of what each house was reared its head. the house of sylthrin was not evil, it was meant to be filled with those that were pure of blood and had ambition. The first had been loosened some as at least some half bloods made it in, but the main traits were ambition, cunning, and guile. While none were truly negative those that were considered darkness let these traits rule them. Bailey could never get into sylthrin if she thought it simply where the vile students went. They needed to want something and they needed to be able to use their wit to get there not just brute strength. At least that was the belief of the founder of the house what they let in these days was not always the kind he would want.

When the heads came in Pearl looked to them for all of a sentence before her mind wandered off again eyes wandering to each. This yeah had many odd prefects, but many that would do their work. That was all that mattered to her, of course Bailey might try to abuse the power to scare people with it. Well that was fine it would not be the first time a prefect had acted like that. Pearl really didn't plan on doing much she would do a round then see if she could sit out the rest of the train ride.

" Then I will go now" Pearl said only wanting to get her duties done. Her almost dreamy monotone leaving it hard to tell exactly what she was thinking. She could hate the others, she could be wanting to start her duties asap, or she could be planning something else. She also had very little to say to the others she wasn't interested in them

unknown.png
Blaise Goshawk
Interacting: Midas [ PixieDust PixieDust ]
The peaceful few minutes was brought to a swift end when suddenly a small blur darted in and then fled under his seat. "Huh that was different." he thought to himself. "Should I bother with this..? Nah, it's probably someone's pet, so they'll be here any any-" Before he could finish this thought the crack in the door was pushed opened and another student rushed in. "-And there we go."

Blaise didn't say anything at first and just watched, making mental notes. The body-language, his expression, his attire and tones each painting an picture. Imelda(?) was probably some friend or sibling, he seemed high maintenance, given that 'cat' likely not a muggleborn, seemed controlling, guarded, cares greatly about his appearances..? Hmm.. This should be interesting.

Once the new boy looked up from beneath the seat to realises Blaise's presence, Blaise just smirked and shrugged. After a moment lowering his wand-holding hand and tilting his head briefly motioning off-handily to the seat across the compartment from him, making a conscious effort to make it clear he'd stay chilling and relaxed where he was. His eyes returned to the train-window, watching tree's rush past outside.

"Do what you want. "He non-committally responded. "Go make yourself comfortable." Blaise invited with a slight tone of amusement in his voice.
He then left a void of silence, with nothing more being said for a few moments before opening further. "That cat, a Kneazle, right?" Blaise casually asked fairly sure he'd correctly identified the mystical feline.

Last edited:
Rafe White / Location: Compartment D
Processed Stardust Processed Stardust

When he saw the card Emerald placed on the table, Rafe stood up so fast that he nearly bumped into the ceiling. "Dudeeee!" he said as he held up the card, his wide eyes looking straight at it. "How did you do that? I've been looking for him forever!" Malarius, the barred owl, screeched in alarm from inside the cage, having been awakened from its slumber.

He quickly calmed Malarius down, swallowed the rest of the chocolate frog he was eating, and carefully wiped the chocolate off his hands. Then he started to inspect every nook and cranny of the card. Salazar stared at him disdainfully in return; apparently he did not like being searched so thoroughly. "This is the real deal," he said, almost in awe. He took out the other three Founders' cards - Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, and Rowena Ravenclaw - and placed them carefully next to Salazar Slytherin.

"Now I have all four Founders," he whispered. Then, having remembered that there was someone else in the compartment as well, he said, "thanks, I've been looking for him forever. By the way, what house do you want to get sorted into? I know what house I want, I definitely want to go to Slytherin. What about you?"

• Felix Quentin

Quidditch had sounded simple enough in Felix's mind. He doubted it would be easy in practice especially since he had never ridden a broomstick before, but it was certainly something he wanted to try out. From how excited Imelda was talking about it, it must be a good sport! "Yikes, there are things that can knock you off your broom? Rough sport." Though in his mind, it was something like football. He heard that there were a lot of injuries coming from that. Well, it always came par for the course with sports anyway. Live and learn as they say.

Imelda reprimanded the newcomer for being so harsh before explaining why they weren't allowed to use their wands. Huh, well, he guessed it made sense. He thought back to all the times where he had accidentally used it after he had found out about it. Maybe that's how they were able to track him down to send to Hogwarts.
    "Ah, so I can't show my siblings all these cool magic stuff huh..." That was a bummer. Everyone was looking forward to him showing off what he learned from school since he was the only one among all of them to awaken to some magic power. Well, just a few years before he could use magic however he wants, he just hoped his siblings would hold out until then.

So apparently the Lumos charm was one of the basic spells? That was pretty cool. "So I guess it's learned alongside Nox to make sure your wand doesn't act like a torch for the rest of your life, eh?" He commented, nodding towards the newcomer. He idly wondered just how many spells there were and how many would be taught to them. He wasn't particularly great at memorizing things but maybe it'll be different when it comes to such enjoyable topics like magic and spells.

The train churned into motion and Felix couldn't help but get a little rush of excitement. They were inching closer to Hogwarts, a magic school! These were all fairy tales and legends to him before and now he was living it.

Imelda introduced herself and the newcomer responded. Glenda Nott. Huh. Wasn't Nuella's surname Nott too? Though it didn't look like they knew each other. Before any of them could respond any further, however, Glenda excused herself from the cabin. She looked a little despondent as she left but Felix made no comment. He wasn't particularly fond of her attitude towards Nuella— and muggles in general. He rolled his shoulders and let out a huff. "Wow, she could really a chill pill... or two." He looked back at Imelda, tilting his head. "Is being a muggle... uh, what do they call us? Muggleborn? Really that bad? She didn't seem all too happy with us."

Nuella continued to push the fact that she still didn't believe that magic was real, all evidence presented. "I dunno what else to tell you Nuella, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry sounds pretty magic-y to me." He offered a small shrug.

PixieDust PixieDust [Imelda] | Simplymelsh Simplymelsh [Nuella]

• Felix Quentin

Quidditch had sounded simple enough in Felix's mind. He doubted it would be easy in practice especially since he had never ridden a broomstick before, but it was certainly something he wanted to try out. From how excited Imelda was talking about it, it must be a good sport! "Yikes, there are things that can knock you off your broom? Rough sport." Though in his mind, it was something like football. He heard that there were a lot of injuries coming from that. Well, it always came par for the course with sports anyway. Live and learn as they say.

Imelda reprimanded the newcomer for being so harsh before explaining why they weren't allowed to use their wands. Huh, well, he guessed it made sense. He thought back to all the times where he had accidentally used it after he had found out about it. Maybe that's how they were able to track him down to send to Hogwarts.
    "Ah, so I can't show my siblings all these cool magic stuff huh..." That was a bummer. Everyone was looking forward to him showing off what he learned from school since he was the only one among all of them to awaken to some magic power. Well, just a few years before he could use magic however he wants, he just hoped his siblings would hold out until then.

So apparently the Lumos charm was one of the basic spells? That was pretty cool. "So I guess it's learned alongside Nox to make sure your wand doesn't act like a torch for the rest of your life, eh?" He commented, nodding towards the newcomer. He idly wondered just how many spells there were and how many would be taught to them. He wasn't particularly great at memorizing things but maybe it'll be different when it comes to such enjoyable topics like magic and spells.

The train churned into motion and Felix couldn't help but get a little rush of excitement. They were inching closer to Hogwarts, a magic school! These were all fairy tales and legends to him before and now he was living it.

Imelda introduced herself and the newcomer responded. Glenda Nott. Huh. Wasn't Nuella's surname Nott too? Though it didn't look like they knew each other. Before any of them could respond any further, however, Glenda excused herself from the cabin. She looked a little despondent as she left but Felix made no comment. He wasn't particularly fond of her attitude towards Nuella— and muggles in general. He rolled his shoulders and let out a huff. "Wow, she could really a chill pill... or two." He looked back at Imelda, tilting his head. "Is being a muggle... uh, what do they call us? Muggleborn? Really that bad? She didn't seem all too happy with us."

Nuella continued to push the fact that she still didn't believe that magic was real, all evidence presented. "I dunno what else to tell you Nuella, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry sounds pretty magic-y to me." He offered a small shrug.

PixieDust PixieDust [Imelda] | Simplymelsh Simplymelsh [Nuella]
Pearl had always seemed a bit... odd to Artemis. Not quite right in the head. However, he didn’t pay her much attention in the current moment. Pearl would do what Pearl would do. His attention was focused on the boy who had joined in on his and Bailey’s conversation. Artemis turned to the other prefect, a smug smirk on his face. “You do that. And if you have any problems, just send her my way.” He gave a wink and a chuckle before turning away.

At that moment, the head boy and head girl came in. Artemis had tuned them out for the most part, though he had listened to enough to catch the gist of the whole thing. He looked down at their intertwined hands as they left, making a disgusted face. “Right then, looks like I better start making my rounds as well. Better than spending time with you lot.” He had said the last part under his breath, not that he really cared who heard him.

Before he left, he made sure to stop and turn towards the rest of the prefects that were still present. Artemis always had been one for dramatic exits. “Make sure to let your houses know to be weary... it’s a dog eat dog world out there.” He gave a devilish grin before making his exit.

Location: Hogwarts Express, Compartment A With: Blaise Dawnstar Dawnstar

Midas frowned a little as the lounging boy gestured lazily to the opposite seat. Was he amused by Midas? Really it was rather irritating, especially given that the boy did not seem inclined to move from his current position. After a moment Midas shrugged and took a seat. Despite the perceived sleight, Midas was rather glad the boy left a silence between them for a moment. It was surprisingly comfortable, and Midas got the impression that this boy would not mind if Midas didn't introduce himself at all.

He unfolded The Daily Prophet for the third time just as the boy asked if Birdie was a kneazle. Midas raised an eyebrow slightly in response, glad to speak to someone who actually knew something about the wizarding world.
    'Yes. Yes he is. Birdie is rather old now really, but my sister insisted that we bring him along.'

He looked around the compartment for any trace of an animal companion for the blond. 'Do you not have a pet along with you? No owl at all? If not, at this rate I don't blame you. Far more trouble than they're worth.' He said it dismissively, but it was clear he quite adored his cat.

Midas frowned a little as the lounging boy gestured lazily to the opposite seat. Was he amused by Midas? Really it was rather irritating, especially given that the boy did not seem inclined to move from his current position. After a moment Midas shrugged and took a seat. Despite the perceived sleight, Midas was rather glad the boy left a silence between them for a moment. It was surprisingly comfortable, and Midas got the impression that this boy would not mind if Midas didn't introduce himself at all.

He unfolded The Daily Prophet for the third time just as the boy asked if Birdie was a kneazle. Midas raised an eyebrow slightly in response, glad to speak to someone who actually knew something about the wizarding world.
    'Yes. Yes he is. Birdie is rather old now really, but my sister insisted that we bring him along.'

He looked around the compartment for any trace of an animal companion for the blond. 'Do you not have a pet along with you? No owl at all? If not, at this rate I don't blame you. Far more trouble than they're worth.' He said it dismissively, but it was clear he quite adored his cat.
Artemis hadn’t noticed at first that he had been followed, not until he heard the voice of Victoire behind him. He mumbled something under his breath before turning around and forcing a tight lipped smile. “Ah, yes. I’m surprised that they had a Weasley take over the title of prefect. Then again, Hogwarts has seemed to have many surprises as of recent.” He looked down at her hand, keeping his own folded behind his back. “Germaphobe.”, he lied. “I’m sure you understand.” Germs didn’t bother him at all. He just didn’t particularly want to shake hands with a Weasley. His father had told him many stories of the lot. They bred like rabbits...

For now, he kept his opinions to himself. “Artemis Fitzgerald is the name. I’m sure you’ve heard of me as well, and if not... then you probably live under a rock. My father was a death eater, recruited by the dark lord himself after he left Hogwarts.” Of course, this was shortly before Voldemort was defeated. His father had been let go as he wasn’t seen as such a big threat. Not like the others that were loyal to Voldemort. The way he spoke about his father though, made it seem like he was proud. As if Voldemort seeking his father out was a huge feat. It made Artemis feel like the dark lord had seen potential in his father, and that made him feel like there was potential inside of him. Even though he was in Hufflepuff (something he often pondered over), he felt like he could do something great.

“There’s some things you should know about me first. Before we’re to... work together. I don’t like taking orders from people. I like to do things my way. And my way works. It always has. So just don’t step on my toes and I’m sure we’ll get along swell. Also, I don’t like to be bothered by trivial things. I’ve far more important things to do then worry about some silly little spat, or some broken heart... or whatever we’re supposed to deal with as prefects.” His eyes narrowed slightly, but not in a malicious way. “I am however, excellent at instilling fear when needed.”

• da5857n-4b656270-bd52-465b-b3e5-f3b1f114eea6.jpg
    Location: Hogwarts Express, Compartment F With: (formerly) Artemis Fitzgerald LittleMissSunshine LittleMissSunshine Mentions: Bailey D. Rex D. Rex

Victoire's smile faltered as the Fitzgerald boy turned to respond to her.
    'Ah, yes. I’m surprised that they had a Weasley take over the title of prefect.'

Vicky felt her cheeks flush with indignation at the insinuation that her family name made her unsuitable for the role of prefect. After all, many members of her family had been prefects and even Head Boys. She did not respond to the insult, but the fact that he would not shake her hand was more than she could stand.

She found herself staring at the boy in horror as he began gloating...gloating about his father being one of You-Know-Who's Death Eaters. As if that were something to be proud of! Her jaw clenched and her eyes blazed with anger with every word he spoke.

What an absolute prat! Never in her life had she met someone who went out of their way to belittle others the way he did, and she was no stranger to bullying from the O'Brian girl.

'Well, Fitzgerald,' she said finally when he had finished his monologuing, her blue eyes boring into him with a look not many people would be on the receiving end of. 'You might think you can install fear, but you're really rather pathetic. Bullying people is low and cowardly. You are incredibly arrogant and you have no right to gloat about your father being a member of such an evil group of people. Don't forget who won the battle after all.'

With that she turned on her heel with such force that her long blonde hair practically whipped him in the face as it tumbled out of the messy bun she had formed. Before heading back into the prefect compartment she turned back once more and added,
    'By the way, I lied. I am not looking forward to working with you!'

It was not long before she had stormed back into the room without noticing who was still about, she grabbed a chocolate frog from the table and ripped off the purple packaging as she muttered choice curse words in French. Her hard gaze was fixed on the confectionary in her hands and her face was deeply flushed from her anger so that the freckles on her cheeks were more prominent.

After a moment, furious tears formed in her eyes and she let out a frustrated little noise. 'Oh no my mascara!'

Location: Hogwarts Express, Compartment F With: (formerly) Artemis Fitzgerald LittleMissSunshine LittleMissSunshine Mentions: Bailey D. Rex D. Rex

'Ah, yes. I’m surprised that they had a Weasley take over the title of prefect.'

Vicky felt her cheeks flush with indignation at the insinuation that her family name made her unsuitable for the role of prefect. After all, many members of her family had been prefects and even Head Boys. She did not respond to the insult, but the fact that he would not shake her hand was more than she could stand.

She found herself staring at the boy in horror as he began gloating...gloating about his father being one of You-Know-Who's Death Eaters. As if that were something to be proud of! Her jaw clenched and her eyes blazed with anger with every word he spoke.

What an absolute prat! Never in her life had she met someone who went out of their way to belittle others the way he did, and she was no stranger to bullying from the O'Brian girl.

'Well, Fitzgerald,' she said finally when he had finished his monologuing, her blue eyes boring into him with a look not many people would be on the receiving end of. 'You might think you can install fear, but you're really rather pathetic. Bullying people is low and cowardly. You are incredibly arrogant and you have no right to gloat about your father being a member of such an evil group of people. Don't forget who won the battle after all.'

With that she turned on her heel with such force that her long blonde hair practically whipped him in the face as it tumbled out of the messy bun she had formed. Before heading back into the prefect compartment she turned back once more and added,

It was not long before she had stormed back into the room without noticing who was still about, she grabbed a chocolate frog from the table and ripped off the purple packaging as she muttered choice curse words in French. Her hard gaze was fixed on the confectionary in her hands and her face was deeply flushed from her anger so that the freckles on her cheeks were more prominent.

After a moment, furious tears formed in her eyes and she let out a frustrated little noise. 'Oh no my mascara!'

He hadn’t expected a reaction quite like that from her. There really was no positive reaction she could have given him... he knew his words were rude but usually when he insulted people, they became a stammering mess. This however was something he had never dealt with. As she continued to speak, Artemis kept a stoic expression. His brows arched up a bit towards the end, a hint of anger flashing in his eyes. But those were the only emotions that he showed.

“I haven’t forgotten the outcome of those events... It would be likely there would be no Hogwarts if the dark lord had won.” He pursed his lips for a second and then folded his arms across his chest. “I wouldn’t call it arrogance.”, he spat. “More so knowing of where I belong. My family is very proud and so am I. I see nothing wrong with that.” He turned his nose up at her. “You’ll come to see that my ways of thinking aren’t so wrong. You’ll all see, Weasley.

When she turned away from him, a strand of her hair struck him in the face. It didn’t hurt, but it was enough to get under Artemis’s skin. “Oh don’t be like that!”, he hollered after her. “In a few days time, you’ll be begging to work with me. Until then, continue on with your naive ways!” A smile spread across his lips after she returned back to the prefects compartment. “Game on Weasley.”, he hissed under his breath.

Bailey was in the middle of eating a pumpkin pasty as the Weasley girl stormed back in. Bailey hadnt been in any hurry to get on rounds, she wanted to finish her snacks.

And as the girl stormed back inside and stole one of her chocolate frogs, of which she had admittedly given implied permission earlier, Bailey was rather stunned. She hadn't left but a handful of second ago, and Bailey hadnt even left the compartment so it wasn't HER fault.

Bailey stared at Weasley while she cursed in French and cried those angry tears. Yes, Bailey new anger when she saw it. Though the longer she watched, the deeper her frown grew. "Weasley." she said finally. But apparently she hadn't been heard. yet when Vicky started to complain about mascara, Bailey felt the need to repeat herself. "Weasley!" The redhead snapped louder this time.

"Your beak is starting to show, veela girl." The witch said with mild amusement. "I have seen that look on you many times. Except normally I'm the one causing it."

Last edited:
unknown.png
Blaise Goshawk
Blaise patiently watched as the newcomer sat down and even drew a newspaper, he didn't seem the most social either though that perhaps was just his current mood. "Your sister, I take it that's Imelda?" He phatically queried, already knowing the answer but wanting to make his own observations clear. "Pure Kneazle's are a bit of a handful aren't they? Showing aggression towards anyone they believe suspicious." Blaise added but with no more effort than briefly tilting his head slightly acknowledging and dressing the newcomer as he spoke, but otherwise he stayed in his comfortable position.

Then he noted Blaise's own lack of companion where he paused for a few moments, trying to decide how to respond.
"I'm not really much of an animal person. If I try and take care of 'em it usually just ends with me covered in claw marks and bandaids." This was a bit of an understatement, he never really understood it but most beasts tended to treat Blaise like a dangerous predator, either running away or attacking him if he got too close. This was especially true with muggle-animals but he'd had at least a few magical ones dislike him on instinct as well.
"Plus I really wouldn't to deal with all the care and clean-up. Such a pain." He added dismissively agreeing with the newcomer's final statement, not sounding particularly disappointed or troubled by this weakness of his.

Blaise shrugged slightly before tilting his head back how it was most comfortable, giving him a few outside. He decided he'd let the newcomer control the flow of conversation for the time being, curious to see how what topics he'd bring up if any - or if he'd just try and return to his paper.

Midas raised an eyebrow slightly when Imelda was mentioned by name. He had almost forgotten he had said it whilst trying to coax Birdie from under the seat. He supposed the blond had made an obvious deduction, but nonetheless, it was always refreshing to meet someone observant.
    ’Yes, Imelda is my twin sister. We shall both be starting our first year and I’ve no doubt that I at least will be placed in Gryffindor. Our entire family on mother’s side have been for several generations you know.’ He paused for a moment as he listened to the boy’s opinion on animals before lowering his newspaper slightly and giving the boy a guarded appraisal. ‘Terribly observant, aren’t you? I wouldn’t be surprised if animals fled from you because you can pierce their very souls. Good luck with Care of Magical Creatures.’

The only thing that would give away the fact that he was joking was the slight twinkle in Midas’ eyes as he spoke. Otherwise his expression remained just as neutral as the other boy. Considering that Birdie was still sat quite comfortably under the seat, Midas knew he hadn’t much to worry about, so he continued the conversation.
    ’What about you? Any siblings here at Hogwarts, what house are you in?’ He hadn’t want to assume the boy was also a first year. ‘Oh, and the name is Doherty by the way. Midas Doherty.’

He hoped now that his name was out there, he would not suddenly be recognised as the son of Joe Savoretti and Mildred Doherty. It was always so very tiring.

unknown.png
Blaise Goshawk
Blaise again watched the trees and sky rush on by outside, though upon hearing the newcomers own observation of him he burst out into a quick but genuine bout of laughter. This actually enough to make Blaise at least for the moment sit up a bit a amused look on his face. He scooted back a bit so he could lean against the wall besides him while keeping his feet up and on the seat, deciding to give the bare courtesy now he was upright anyway of not laying down for the moment. "You might be right on that one." he playfully replied back to the joke, not at all denying 'piercing into creatures souls'.

"I'll figure out that Magical Creatures bit later." He paused for a moment smirking "-and if I end up flunking it *shrug* there are away worst ones for me to flunk." Blaise responded which honestly he'd already assumed would be the case. Yeah it'd suck to flunk a subject but ehh, how much is he really going to need to take care of magical beasts anyway. Just hire someone for that if it's that important.

Then the conversation continued, Blaise listening intently before responding though his expression had calmed somewhat, but he at least was giving his full attention now. There was some slight amusement, the fact he hadn't been pegged as a first year was sorta fun but it wasn't something worst capitalising on, and it seemed newcomer was being genuine enough.
"Not much to tell. Only child, though if my mother's family is anything to go by then I'll probably end up a Ravenclaw I guess." He rubbing the back of his head out of mental uncertainty. He knew he wasn't Hufflepuff or Gryffindor material, but he had no clue where he'd end between the remainders. "Either way it looks like we're gonna be stuck sharing classes this year." He added chuckling slightly.

As Midas revealed his identify there was a slight pause from Blaise, subtly his eyes shifting to the paper in Midas' his hand but within moments it returned back to the other boy. He'd certainly recognised the surname, and given he was holding that particular newspaper... Not that he was going to bring that up here, he knew how annoying having famous relatives was and that conversation would not be fun either way.

"It's Blaise- Blaise Goshawk." He gave his own name, hesitating out of force of habit on the surname before briefly looking back towards the window again, watching a formation of birds outside. He hoped he'd get the same courtesy with his surname of not brining up family accomplishments, or even better that he wouldn't recognise the name.

The Sorting Hat
CHAPTER TWO: THE SORTING HAT

The sun had set by the time the train arrived at Hogsmeade Station. New friendships had begun to blossom, old friends had been united and even new rivalries had been formed. Students crowded the platform dressed in the black robes of the school.
'Firs' years, follow me!' Hagrid bellowed as he towered over the student body carrying a lantern.

The new students did as told and followed Rubeus Hagrid to the Great Lake where several little rowboats awaited them. Several oohs and aahs could be heard amongst them as they set off four to a boat closer to the ancient castle lit up in the pale moonlight.

Meanwhile the rest of the students boarded the thestral drawn carriages ahead of the first years, arriving at the entrance and taking their seats in the star strewn Great Hall.

The candles hovered on the ceiling and each of the four tables were set. The professors of Hogwarts (excluding Professor Flitwick, who was to greet the first years at the entrance) sat in a row at the head table with McGonagall seated in the centre.

As the second years and above filed into the room, they were somewhat free to mingle amongst the other houses until the first years were let in.

In the entrance hall, the new students were greeted by Professor Flitwick, who gleefully explained the four houses and their traits, but conveniently kept the sorting ceremony shrouded in mystery before leaving them.

After a few painful moments of waiting, the first years were ushered into the Great Hall single file. The Sorting Hat was placed on the stool and the Sorting Ceremony began!

NOTE: Welcome to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! Please make sure that all fifth years are SEATED AT THEIR HOUSE TABLES and don't forget to have them welcome our new first years once you see that they have been sorted. In your posts please can everyone mention their CURRENT LOCATION, TAG the players you are interacting with and ALWAYS state the house of your characters from now on. Once your first year(s) are sorted, please let me know in the OOC chat by stating the name and the word 'sorted.'

Feel free to have your first year students jump straight into being sorted by the Hat or start your post from the boat ride, whichever you like. Professor Flitwick will place the hat on their head. Let the fun begin!

AI10100 AI10100 LittleMissSunshine LittleMissSunshine Simplymelsh Simplymelsh Processed Stardust Processed Stardust Nine of Swords Nine of Swords SSJ4 Gogeta SSJ4 Gogeta Dawnstar Dawnstar D. Rex D. Rex Kitteh Kitteh Karcen Karcen

75353D45-B8B2-4B61-B8BA-1604ABF54C9B.jpeg
Character: Alonia Fitzgerald (Gryffindor)

Alonia hadn’t felt better after her talk with her older brother. In fact, she felt a lot worse. She was almost worried about getting into any other house other than Slytherin and when her name was called to be sorted, she moved slowly towards the front of the group. Taking a deep breath, she sat down in the chair. Her eyes met Artemis’s for a short moment before quickly looking away.

She wasn’t really sure what happened next. The sorting hat was saying something, but she couldn’t make out words in the moment. Not until it exclaimed, “Gryffindor!” Her heart should have sank. She should have been nervous, but hearing what house she was in made her face light up. Many great wizards had been in Gryffindor, including Harry Potter himself. Alonia was so relieved that she hadn’t been placed in Slytherin that she didn’t even notice the irritated look on her brother’s face. She stood happily from the chair and practically skipped towards the Gryffindor table.

Midas raised an eyebrow slightly when Imelda was mentioned by name. He had almost forgotten he had said it whilst trying to coax Birdie from under the seat. He supposed the blond had made an obvious deduction, but nonetheless, it was always refreshing to meet someone observant.
    ’Yes, Imelda is my twin sister. We shall both be starting our first year and I’ve no doubt that I at least will be placed in Gryffindor. Our entire family on mother’s side have been for several generations you know.’ He paused for a moment as he listened to the boy’s opinion on animals before lowering his newspaper slightly and giving the boy a guarded appraisal. ‘Terribly observant, aren’t you? I wouldn’t be surprised if animals fled from you because you can pierce their very souls. Good luck with Care of Magical Creatures.’

The only thing that would give away the fact that he was joking was the slight twinkle in Midas’ eyes as he spoke. Otherwise his expression remained just as neutral as the other boy. Considering that Birdie was still sat quite comfortably under the seat, Midas knew he hadn’t much to worry about, so he continued the conversation.
    ’What about you? Any siblings here at Hogwarts, what house are you in?’ He hadn’t want to assume the boy was also a first year. ‘Oh, and the name is Doherty by the way. Midas Doherty.’

He hoped now that his name was out there, he would not suddenly be recognised as the son of Joe Savoretti and Mildred Doherty. It was always so very tiring.

Baileys lips twisted into confused and disgusted sneer, "Really? Bragging about being Death Eater is about like bragging about having the reigning losing streak in quidditch, in'nit?" The red head then scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"There are idiots every year who think that. And of course they are hateful to you. The Weasley's took down more of them than they did of the Weasleys. I'd be right sour too, if I were them, absolutely embarrassing was what it was."

Bailey stood up and started shovomg some of her snacks into her pockets, "Grow some backbone. You're a prefect, skivvers knows why, not some wet nosed house elf. Act like it and tell the ninny to sod off. Besides, who wants one of their kinds help anyway."

"And cor blimey, this is the first day back and we had barely time to say three words to each other. If you are that badly starved for attention then i'll be sure to give you double this year."

Bailey straightened and gave Vicky a an appraising look that, clearly, held times of disapproval. She fished into her pocket with her free hand and tossed something into Vicki's chest. It was a small bottle that read 'modest malroy's malevolent mascara' on a dark blue label with cute little bats and spiders moving around on the paper. "And touch yourself up, Weasley. You look like trash. Your easy enough to bully as is without looking like you shoved you head inside a flobberworm."

Bailey turned and left the compartment without closing the door, grumbling something and her words faded down the train car "I swear...", "Weasley's", "stupid", "Get out of my way, slytherin tart!"

PixieDust PixieDust

Slytherin
Rafe White / Location: Great Hall

"Rafe, White!"

Rafe walked on to the chair and sat confidently, knowing ahead which house he would call home from now on. Sure enough, as soon as Flitwick placed the Sorting Hat on top of Rafe's head, the head shouted, "SLYTHERIN!"

The Slytherins cheered rambunctiously. Rafe stood up, walked down the aisle and sat amongst his new colleagues, smiling faintly.

sample_112a9740e5c74c8fb9d44860dde56d301c93e37e.jpg
Pearl Shafiq

The rounds of the express had gone well enough and Pearl had of course done only what was needed before finding a place to stay and continue her reading. That trip had ended with the normal crossing on the lake in the flying carriages. pearl knew that they were pulled by the winged horses thermals and while she had not undergone anything traumatic she had seen a few family members die. Death was an oddly taboo thing in both the muggle and wizard world and so few saw it. Pearl had seen a great aunt die after nearly 200 or so years of life, though her end had come with family around her, the way most wished to go. So she could see then gaunt and grim pullers of the carriages and to Pearl they were far more lovely than any Granian or Abraxan. It was just sad that the herd of hogwarts were not as friendly as many of the forest dwellers, yet she was sure by now she had befriended at least some of the heard. Pearl would need to get some meat for them and meet with the colony soon. The Acromantula and her had something of an understanding, really they were of at least human intelligence and should be treated as such. That would be for latter right now was the sorting.

Pearl was less than interested in the various first years as they were sent to this table or that table as their traits were examined by the hat. while many cheered or booed as students were sent around Pearl just counted down the students and the time till the feast would start. Once the feast was over she and Gordon would have to guide the first years around give out passwords because for some reason visiting other houses was forbidden. Really they needed to perhaps cut down on some of these more pointless traditions. Well pearl could do nothing unless she became the head mistress of the school and she had never really thought of going into education. Did she even have a goal, most were short term of a few years but never her whole life? that thought was interrupted as another wave of claps erupted as a girl was sorted into Slytherin. Pearl almost jumped in her chair having been brought back to reality . Pearl looked back tot he line of first years and started counting how long would it take this year?

CEC3536B-B364-4209-B9B1-D950A098726D.jpeg
Character: Vivian Brightwood (Slytherin)

The rest of the train ride had been pretty silent. Vivian had taken to pulling out her copy of Beedle and the Bard, reading that until they made their stop. The first years had all gathered with a rather tall fellow named Hagrid, following him to Hogwarts in boats.

Once they had made it to Hogwarts and had all filed into the Great Hall, Vivian waited for her turn to get called up. Eventually, she did and from the moment she sat in the chair, the house seemed to know exactly where to put her. “Slytherin!”, it proclaimed.

With a proud smile, she hopped down from the chair and eagerly moved to join her fellow classmates. She’d had a feeling she’d be joining Slytherin. Her parents would be proud of her that she’d gotten the house she wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back