• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Hogwarts Journey: The Next Generation [CLOSED]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Glenda

It was time. Glenda looked over the luggage she had as well as ensuring that Sebastian was draped around her shoulders. She looked around the station filled with muggles and her nose wrinkled a little. She didn't hate muggles as her mum had often said that they can be better than wizards sometimes and she had mingled with them at times, but she couldn't wait to be at a place with actual wizards. She had high hopes as she had heard that Giuseppe "Joe" Savoretti, her idol, had his children attending the school. Glenda had a plan. She was to befriend those two, get invited to their house and possibly gain a good impression of him. With a small smile, Glenda continued walking among the muggles with her parents as her small plan was set.

Seeing the other wizards run into the pillar, Glenda waited for her turn and swiftly got in. As her mum was accompanying her, there was a mix of different kind of stares that was aimed at their way. Her mother, being Carobell Nott, was famous for two things. Her brother and Glenda's uncle, Theodore Nott as well as her famous career as a ballerina. Glenda knew how hard her mum worked to raise her as well as concentrate on her career, which was why she let a lot of things slide when she was slightly younger. Plus, it enabled her to get whatever she wanted, like Sebastian.

As some people started to gather around her mum to ask for autographs, Glenda looked around in hopes to get a glimpse of Giuseppe. It wasn't hard to spot him as he was in the middle of a huge crowd but also she managed to see a set of twins break apart from him and enter the train. Not wanting to delay her plans, she tapped on her mum's shoulder to get her attention.

"Mum I think its best for me to go now" she said, smiling. Carobell looked towards her daughter and nodded. "Now Glenni listen" Her mother started to say and took Glenda aside from the small crowd, gesturing for a moment alone with her daughter. "I want you to know that no matter what, I will always be there for you. If you end up not liking here at Hogwarts, I won't force you to stay. It was bad enough that your grandfather took away the life I had outside Wizardry against my will. You've been to a muggle's school and now you're going to see what it is like at a wizadry school" she continued, giving a warm smile to Glenda before hugging her.

"Don't worry mum, I won't forget" Glenda said, feeling slightly emotional. She hugged her back with a quick squeeze and let go, going back to holding her trolley. She waved goodbye to her mum one last time before entering the train.

Once in the train, Glenda looked around the compartments hoping that she would find the one where Giuseppe's children were at. If she was not mistaken, their names were Midas as well as Imelda. As she peeked into compartment C, Glenda felt happy to finally found one of the twins, Imelda as it seems. She was sitting together with two other people though, and by how Glenda couldn't recognize them, probably either muggles or half-blood. Not knowing what their conversation was, Glenda readied herself and Sebastian and she knocked at the compartment door before going in. "Hi, is it alright for me to join in?"

PixieDust PixieDust @ AI10100 AI10100

Rafe White / Location: Compartment D

Rafe walked along on the regular, muggle side of the train station, casually surveying the whole crowd while looking for platform 9 3/4. It was not too difficult to find; the sight of people running in to the pillar made it quite obvious. Rafe held his owl Malarius close to him - he won't have this old owl die on him of heart attack now - and walked into the pillar. After passing through, the world he knew and was familiar with - the wizarding world - unfolded in front of him. The train hooted as the students boarded the train. Rafe joined the crowd and stepped inside the train with them.

He walked along the corridor, peeking inside each of the compartments to see whether people were there or not. Compartment A and B were too close to the front for his taste, and compartment C was already brimming with students. Compartment D seemed to be empty - he slid into the compartment, and sat by the window, watching the trees pass by.

When the sweets lady came by, he bought four chocolate frogs and opened them one by one. His sister used to collect chocolate frog cards, then one day stopped - he was not sure why she did so, but that's what she did. It was only years after she died that he had found her old collection. Somehow, continuing her old collection seemed like a fitting thing to do.

He opened his first box. Once the frog hopped out and attached itself to the window, he lifted the card hidden inside and inspected it. Albus Dumbledore winked at him, smiling. How fitting, he thought. My first day at Hogwarts and the card I get is Albus Dumbledore. He stood up to fetch the frog, which was about to make another hop.

• 24eb596241810ebdb2042b66fffe7d4d.jpg
    Location: Hogwarts Express With: Nuella, Glenda and Felix Simplymelsh Simplymelsh AI10100 AI10100

Imelda sat up a little bit straighter in her seat upon Nuella introducing herself. Her last name was Nott. One of the most notorious pureblood families and yet, the girl acted as though she knew nothing about magic. The blonde frowned and tilted her head to one side as she surveyed her. Strange.

'If magic didn't exist, you wouldn't be here!' she giggled, deciding that Nuella must have been telling a joke. 'You can't just walk through walls without magic. And how about your wand?' Imelda took out her own wand and twirled it idly. Little pink sparks flew from the tip as she did so, catching her off guard for a moment and she quickly stashed it away in her bag once more. 'Without magic, you can't use the wand you've got!'

When Felix backed up her point, she nodded vigorously in agreement, though she was rather confused with his talk about videos. Whatever they were.

'I always found it creepy that muggle pictures don't move. It's as though you trapped the poor people so they can't visit other pictures.' Her gaze slid to the wizard card that Nue still had. 'May I have that card? That's my dad on that one you see. He's a quidditch player and-'

She had been about to add to her sentence when another person entered the compartment. Imelda couldn't help noticing that she was very pretty and immaculately dressed. If she had to guess, she would say the girl knew wealth very well. Imelda's cheeks flushed with embarrassment at the easy way the girl carried herself. Imelda felt rather silly in comparison.
    'Oh, of course. We have room for one more, right?' she turned to the others for confirmation.

5cd32e55325584fe09ffeedf997fe924.jpg
Location: Hogwarts Express, Compartment J With: Cas Kitteh Kitteh and Alex SSJ4 Gogeta SSJ4 Gogeta

Midas' attention flitted to the boy as he introduced himself and encouraged him to act as gentlemen. Midas offered a tight half smile and shook the boy's extended hand. The screeching of his owl caused Birdie to hiss in annoyance. Admittedly Midas hadn't found it the most pleasant sound in the world either.
'Ah, a beautiful owl,' he complimented simply as he decided to seat himself beside the more reasonable boy and opposite the girl.

'Ooh, a gentleman,' the girl said in the most obvously condescending tone Midas had ever heard. He clenched his jaw in annoyance.
'What, you don't sit on the floor? It's wonderful lord, you really should try it.'

Midas managed to keep himself from retorting until his father was mentioned at which point he let out an exasperated sigh. Of course all anyone wanted to talk about was quidditch and his father and how wonderful it must be to be the offspring of a sports star. How very boring.
'My father being who he is can be very useful, I'll admit. I'm sure if you had a well-known father you'd have fun with it, no? I wouldn't expect you to understand. Let me guess: you want an autograph?'

Deciding he'd rather not deal with immature girls, he turned back to Alex and kept Birdie out of reach of the owl. 'Girls can be quite irrational you know. I wouldn't spend too much time with them. What is your owl called?'

"Oh. You DO have a famous father. I knew it." Cas snapped her fingers jauntily.

"Ooh an aUtoGrapH. How fancy-"
She was cut off by Midias' remark about how he'd NEVER spend time with a DUMB GIRL. Eeyuck.
"Oh yeah. Girls are really irrational. Total nutjobs. I'd never even look at them. Gross."

She peered at him out of the corner of her eye, trying to gauge the kid's reaction. Man, if his daddy really was famous Cas wouldn't be surprised- he was a prick. She studied her hands, pulling at the dark tissue of a scab.

When were they gonna get there? This was boring, and she was stuck with these dumb kids.

PixieDust PixieDust SSJ4 Gogeta SSJ4 Gogeta

EMERALD AMMONS

7dTypD2.png
Mentions: Rafe White ( Nine of Swords Nine of Swords )

The train station was bustling with people walking to and fro, hundreds of them even in the early hours of the morning. She didn’t know what she was expecting. She had never taken a train before let alone set foot in a train station, and she hadn’t thought about how it would be until too late. It was hard pushing the trolley and trying not to hit anyone with it at the same time when so many people walked in front of her as if they didn’t even notice her. Her parents offered a few times to push the trolley, but she insisted on doing it herself. She did have to make a considerable effort to push it but, she didn’t know why, she had to push it herself. On her back, she carried a carrier backpack with her cat Orion in it. She could hear him meowing every now and then, certainly distressed by so much activity.

Her father held the letter in his hands and he furrowed his brows when they stopped in front of platforms 9 and 10 once more. They had circled the train station a couple of times looking for platform 9¾. That’s why they left several hours earlier, just in case something like this happened.

”I don’t understand, there’s no platform 9¾, yet that’s what the letter says” he said, his eyes on the piece of yellowish paper.

They stood around for a few more minutes in silence, not knowing exactly what to do, and Emerald started to feel her stomach tighten. What if they couldn’t find it and she lost the train? Would that mean she’d never be able to learn magic again? But as she lost herself in her worries, a family pushing trolleys just like hers came along and, to her surprise, ran straight into the wall. Emerald gasped, waiting for them to hit the wall, but that never happened. Instead, they all simply disappeared into it, one after the other.

She looked up at her father, a huge smile curving her lips. ”Dad, did you see that!? They ran into the wall and vanished!”

”I suppose now we know what to do,” he replied with a soft smile, but Emerald could see he was trying to hide the worried look in his eyes. ”I guess there’s no easy way to do this. Just… go straight towards it, ok sweetie? You’ll be okay.”

Emerald nodded and positioned her trolley across the wall. She drew a deep breath, suddenly feeling her knees weaken. She really didn’t want to hit the wall. But she saw it. She saw them doing it, so she would too, right? With sweaty palms, she started towards the bricked wall, closing her eyes in time for the collision… that never happened. She felt a shift in the air and a cold breeze graced her face. Her eyes widened with amazement as she looked around. There was a huge, beautiful, and shiny train hooting in front of her, and several students walking about the platform. They must’ve gotten in while they were lost in the train station on the other side, as she didn’t see anyone else crossing. She walked forward, her mouth gaping slightly as she looked around. Some students wore robes like the ones she bought at the Diagon Alley. She herself wore normal everyday clothes: black denim overalls and a white t-shirt underneath, with black converse shoes.

She felt a hand on her upper back and turning her head to the side she smiled at her mom. ”Mom! Look at this! Isn’t it amazing?”

Her mom had her eyes widened herself, and she took a deep breath before looking down at her daughter. ”Yes… Yes it is.”

”We should get your baggage in, we don’t want to miss the time,” her father said, looking around.

Once the baggage was in the train, they returned to the middle of the platform. There were several people crying, kids running around, laughter and smiles, and even a couple of people giving out autographs. She didn’t know who they were. Maybe they were famous in the magical world, but Emerald didn’t recognize them. She turned back to her parents and held both their hands, her eyes filling up with tears.

”I’m so excited but I’m also scared.” She clutched her hands nervously. She had been fearing this moment. When they left California, she had to say goodbye to family and friends, just like she was doing today. She had to leave to another country, to a place she didn’t know, to a culture she wasn’t used to. And now, so shortly after, she had to do it all again. The tears started flowing freely down her face and she hugged her parents as tightly as she could.

”It’ll be ok, you know that right? We’ll write you as much as we can and you’ll have Orion to keep you company. You won’t be alone,” her mother said, caressing the top of Emerald’s hair.

Her father duck to her height so he could see her better and cupped her face with his hands.

”When you miss us, just look at the sky,” he pointed up. ”Even in the daylight, the stars will still be there, and you’ll know we’re in the same universe, in the same Earth, and that that makes us incredibly close to each other. And our love—it’ll keep us together. You are strong. You have an opportunity that neither I nor your mom had.” He looked up at her mother, who smiled softly at the two of them. "Be proud of who you are. I know I am proud that I have such a special daughter. I know you are bound to do incredible things.” He placed a long and gentle kiss on her forehead, a few lose tears falling down the corner of his eyes. ”Now, go on. You don’t want to miss your train.” He got up, letting go of her face.

Emerald was able to calm down with her father’s words, and with a smile, she hugged them a final time before turning her back and walking towards the train. She hopped on the ladder and looked back at them.

”Look at the stars!” Her father yelled from the crowd.

Clutching the straps of her carrier backpack, she walked down the train’s corridor, her cat meowing. There were some students walking about, and she could hear several animals. That’s probably why Orion seemed to be more distressed than before. The first few cabins were full or mostly full and her stomach was turning so much it felt like a hurricane was happening inside her. The thought of introducing herself to knew classmates made her extremely anxious. She stopped in front of compartment D, where she could only see one student inside. He had long light brown hair. She softly knocked on the door with her knuckles before sliding it open.

”Hi. Is it okay if I sit here with you?” She asked him in a friendly voice, swallowing the anxiety and trying not to tremble.

Last edited:
Processed Stardust Processed Stardust

As Rafe grasped the chocolate frog in his hands, he heard the soft knock and the sound of the compartment door slid open. He glanced at the door to see a blue-haired girl with black denim overalls looking at him. She asked him if it was alright to sit with him.

"Come in," Rafe said, sitting back down on the chair while struggling against the chocolate frog. "It's not like I rented this whole place."

He leaned back on the chair, took a bite out of the chocolate frog's legs - just so that it won't hop away again - and chewed on it. It hit the right spot, with just enough sweetness. He glanced at Emerald and slid a couple of chocolate frog boxes to her. "Here, have some," he said. "Just give me the cards inside, I'm collecting those."

• Gordon Goodbood
    As per usual, Gordon arrived at the train station alone. He quickly stored all of his things and boarded the train. For a while, he idly waited in one of the compartments, scribbling notes down onto his phone— long strokes of magical components and possible side effects. He hadn't been able to present any of his findings to his teachers yet. Some results were... particularly worrying and harmful and he doubted any of them would appreciate it added into the arsenal. He tapped the quill onto the notebook for the final time before noticing that it was time for the prefect meeting.

He dug up his prefect badge from his pocket and pinned it to his robe. His parents weren't quite sure what it entailed but Gordon had an idea. He remembered the prefects making rounds before and guided the lower years throughout the day and made sure they stayed in line. He was sure it was hard work considering how a lot of students were unruly, especially during their earlier years. He would be lying if he were to say that he hadn't caused a problem or two before. Madame Pince had her own grievances on the boy— not for the damaging any of her books, no, he would never do that— but because of his ability to procure an approved written request to enter the Restricted Section.

In any case, Gordon hadn't expected to get a prefect badge during the summer but he couldn't reject it now. He exited the compartment, almost running into Anastasia in the process. "Good morning Ana." She met his eyes and his eyebrows creased in worry. "Are you alright? Have you even slept?"

Anastasia scoffed, pulling down the sleeve of her clothing. "That's such a rich thing coming from you Gordon." Before he could even continue talking, she reached out to tap his prefect's badge before tapping her own. "Looks like we're going to be working together again."

"Hm, so it seems." Gordon reached up and patted her head only for her to give him a glare. He let out a short chuckle as he pulled back and inserted his hands into his pocket as he led the way towards the compartment where they would meet. Once he arrived, he looked down at Anastasia and she gestured for him to go first.

He slid open the door to see two people. The Gryffindor prefect who he didn't know and Victoire Weasley. "Ah... good- bonjour, Victoire." He greeted and turned to the Gryffindor. "Good morning to you as well." Gordon continued before sitting down. "Gordon, by the way." He said, reaching out to shake his hand.

PixieDust PixieDust [Victoire | Clarion]

EMERALD AMMONS

7dTypD2.png
Mentions: Rafe White ( Nine of Swords Nine of Swords )

”It’s not like I rented this whole place,” the boy said, to which Emerald gave a light chuckle, those that come out as a sigh through one's nose.

”Thank you.” She slid into the cabin and placed her handbag on the top compartment, then removed her backpack and sat down, placing it carefully next to her, making sure that Orion could see her.

She looked at the boy, seeing him bite down at the leg of the chocolate frog, who squirmed in his hand. At the Diagon Alley, she saw those, and she asked the clerk if they were alive. He very kindly explained that they in fact aren’t, that it’s just a spell. It made her feel better, but it was still a bit nerve-wracking to see. ”Oh, thank you. You didn’t have to,” she said, extending her hand to grab one of the little pentagonal boxes. He asked her to give him the card, to which she said, ”Okay, I will.”

She started opening the box very carefully. She made the mistake the first time of opening it too fast and carelessly and the frog escaped. After that, she was more careful. She held the little squirming piece of chocolate and took a deep breath. It’s just a spell. Then she took a bite of its head. The chocolate melted on her mouth, and she closed her eyes, enjoying the taste. A very satisfied sigh escaped her.

When she opened her eyes again, she looked down at her box to see what card she'd gotten. It was a sort of black horse. "Here, I got a Kelpie." At this point, she thought it best to introduce herself. ”I’m sorry for my rudeness, I’m Emerald. What is your name?”

Last edited:
Processed Stardust Processed Stardust

Rafe watched the new girl from the corner of his eyes as she very carefully opened the box. She didn't seem like a dueler, at least to him. He found that his interst in her was quickly waning.

The girl - her name was Emerald, apparently - apologized for the rudeness (rudeness for what? he wondered) and asked him his name. "Rafe." He said, in a tone that conveyed disinterest. He wasn't particularly interested in getting to know her, let alone being friendly with her; he only offered the chocolate because he bought two too many, and eating too much chocolate was the arch-nemesis for staying in shape. Maybe the gesture was misintepreted as something he didn't intend.

He took the card and carelessly put it on top of the table, next to the card featuring Albus Dumbledore. His sister had gotten a lot of Kelpies too - apparently Kepies were more of a common card, or more likely, the bad luck ran in the family. "Open the other one," he told her as he opend his second box. "I'm hoping for Salazar Slytherin - I have all the other three founders, but don't have him yet. Which is stupid, because I want him the most. I could do with less Godric Gryffindors in my life."

*Alex looked at Midas*

"His name is Galileo"

*Galileo stops screeching and looks at Alex*

"I couldn't agree, some of them are hard to understand, for instance one of them got mad at me even though i just complimented them... Their so weird"

• Nuella turned her head to see the new person that wanted to join in their compartment. She smiled and nodded her head, "Yup! I don't mind" she said and looked at the card she was holding. So that was Imelda's dad? She inspected the card and looked at Imelda as well, noticing their similarities. "No wonder, I was thinking that you look rather pretty, I can see where you get your good looks from" She said in amazement, and handed the card over to Imelda.

"You said he's a quidditch player? What is quidditch?" She asked again, still not understanding what was going on. "And a wand? You mean this thing my parents took and bought for me as a souvenir? We got this when we went on holiday before school started" She babbled on, taking out her wand from her pocket. She hummed a little, thinking of what the shopkeeper had said when she got her wand. There was a certain thing she was supposed to say before the stick she had was able to do the fancy stuff like in the store.

"It was like some sort of voice activation word" she mumbled as she fiddled around with the wand, deciding to hold it properly after a bit. She gave a short gasp as she remembered. "I remember now! Lumos!" Nuella said happily as she move her wand forward and then move it up into a backwards loop while saying Lumos, watching as a small light was shown at the tip of her wand(?). "But that's all it can do, its some fancy toy" she continued, waving the wand around a little as she happily watch the light, moving it in figure 8's.

Last edited:

• 5cd32e55325584fe09ffeedf997fe924.jpg
    Location: Hogwarts Express, Compartment J With: Birdie, Cas Kitteh Kitteh and Alex SSJ4 Gogeta SSJ4 Gogeta

Midas wrinkled his nose as Cas continued prattling on and taking offence at his remark upon her rationality. He offered a conspiratorial smile to Alex. 'Indeed, Cas here has just proved my point entirely. In any case, Galileo is a fine name for an owl.' He leaned back slightly in his seat and regarded the pair with curiosity.

Cas was still sulking, but he wasn't going to give her the attention she obviously sought. Instead he spoke to them generally. 'So, what house do you think you'll be sorted into? I already know my house.'

Call it arrogance or certainty, but Midas already knew he would be sorted into Gryffindor. It wasn't exactly his house of choice, but it was the house his entire family came from. Had it been up to him, he would prefer the mystique of Slytherin. Gryffindor was filled with foolhardy risk-takers who were too busy showing off how heroic they could be.

Location: Hogwarts Express, Compartment J With: Birdie, Cas Kitteh Kitteh and Alex SSJ4 Gogeta SSJ4 Gogeta

Midas wrinkled his nose as Cas continued prattling on and taking offence at his remark upon her rationality. He offered a conspiratorial smile to Alex. 'Indeed, Cas here has just proved my point entirely. In any case, Galileo is a fine name for an owl.' He leaned back slightly in his seat and regarded the pair with curiosity.

Cas was still sulking, but he wasn't going to give her the attention she obviously sought. Instead he spoke to them generally. 'So, what house do you think you'll be sorted into? I already know my house.'

Call it arrogance or certainty, but Midas already knew he would be sorted into Gryffindor. It wasn't exactly his house of choice, but it was the house his entire family came from. Had it been up to him, he would prefer the mystique of Slytherin. Gryffindor was filled with foolhardy risk-takers who were too busy showing off how heroic they could be.

• *Alex looks at Midas*

"I'm going to be Slytherin, i know this because my entire family was Slytherin, whatever i guess, being a Slytherin isn't that bad"

*Galileo looks at Alex,he looks hungry*

"Well don't look at me, i don't have any rats"

*Alex grabs his notebook and begins writing*

Cas shrugged lazily. "Dunno. The yellow one? Is there a yellow one? My father didn't care to tell me of the houses."
He'd mentioned the fact that there were houses in passing once, before waving Cas away.
"I'm busy, Pippa." He'd said. "Go finish your homework."

He'd had a good reason to be busy then- his prized queen, Harp, had been kitting. Cas had one of the precious kittens with her. Emmie, her little girl. Emmie had been tossed aside by her parents for some minor conformation issues that could disqualify her.

But Cas' father was always busy. "I need to make dinner, Pippa." "Pippa, I'm too tired." "Pippa, I have to leave for a show."
The only times they really talked were when she was in trouble.

Cas' eyes got a far off look as she was sucked into memories of vying for her father's attention. She shook her head to clear it and turned her attention back to the prick with a cat. The kid who knew a few big words and intended to make sure everyone understood that.

SSJ4 Gogeta SSJ4 Gogeta PixieDust PixieDust

Cas shrugged lazily. "Dunno. The yellow one? Is there a yellow one? My father didn't care to tell me of the houses."
He'd mentioned the fact that there were houses in passing once, before waving Cas away.
"I'm busy, Pippa." He'd said. "Go finish your homework."

He'd had a good reason to be busy then- his prized queen, Harp, had been kitting. Cas had one of the precious kittens with her. Emmie, her little girl. Emmie had been tossed aside by her parents for some minor conformation issues that could disqualify her.

But Cas' father was always busy. "I need to make dinner, Pippa." "Pippa, I'm too tired." "Pippa, I have to leave for a show."
The only times they really talked were when she was in trouble.

Cas' eyes got a far off look as she was sucked into memories of vying for her father's attention. She shook her head to clear it and turned her attention back to the prick with a cat. The kid who knew a few big words and intended to make sure everyone understood that.

*Alex finishes writing in his notebook and looks at Cas*

"Someone is forgetful"

*Alex looks at Galileo before looking out the window and then looks at Cas*

"I would feel bad for you, but i'm busy trying to think of ways to trick people"

*Alex is known for being a trickster, his parents have a hard time trying to get around his tricks because he is so smart*

unknown.png
Tanner Harvey-Brown
Interacting: *crickets* unless you count Roxxy I guess?
It had been a wild-ride getting here. Just a week ago Tanner was being dragged down Diagon Alley to purchase various books, and other supplies. That he'd gone into the wand store and nearly trashed the place as they tried to find a wand that'd suit him, an experience that was both amazing and absolutely terrifying. The wand he was given looked soo pretty though, the sleek light wood was covered in these little patterns and markings, it had an off-putting scent but it wasn't too bad if he didn't hold it too close.
The warning the shopkeeper gave though about the wand backfiring was kinda scary though... Tanner really hoped that it wouldn't happen.

The trip to the station was no less of a mess, trying to pack everything in secret without dad seeing, then hauling his suitcase, backpack, guitar and Roxxy onto the bus, then through the station following instructions that just made no sense. Tanner really thought he wouldn't make it until he saw ahead many other kids with pets all heading in the same direction, powering and following even as they seemed to do the impossible and walked through a solid wall to... What he guessed was the Hogwarts Express.

None of this really felt real, Tanner was sure he was going to wake up any minute now as he boarded the train hugging Roxxy as he went who was just purring happily. Least she's happy with this? This brought Tanner to where he was now, finally sitting to rest by himself in brain compartment B. Cat purring away happily like it was some car engine, with his legs aching from dragging all this stuff across the train station. In retrospect he should have used one of those trollies everyone else had been using but... Too late for that now!

Pearl had come early not wanting to deal with the crowd and feeling a prefect should come early anyways. The job of being one wasn't exactly something she had been gunning for and had only accepted to make her night time activities much easier, though her frequent forays into the restricted section would still have to be well hidden. The other minor power that prefects had did not interest Pearl fighting over the house cup by giving and taking points, giving out detention, she had no real interest in such things even the responsibilities were rather annoying. Still she had taken the job and thus had to follow the schedule as set for the prefects. The badge with the P attached to her robes feeling like it made her robe a little to heavy on one side. Easy to wear clothes was something muggles had over wizards and Peral had to give them that, though a lot of their other strange habits would confuse any wizard. That was of course when a wizard was not being a bit thick, Pearl had looked into muggle culture and life styles and honestly found the style of how they were written about odd. Most wizards seemed to write as if they could only learn by observation as if muggles could not speak with wizards and that many explanations were not very simple. The other prefects arriving had in all honesty not been noticed by Pearl as she was currently reading and for her such study was always very engrossing as she got lost in her own little thoughts and how best to use what she had started to understand. The book itself was rather obscure and old and while she had brought it from home she was sure that hogwarts had a copy in the restricted section as they liked to hide away anything remotely related to the dark arts except how to defend against them. That was something she found rather close minded after all magic was magic and any magic could be good or bad depending on who used it and how.

The truth was Pearl likely would not notice the others till the train started moving and she was jolted by it or someone bothered to interrupt her. Still reading while everyone else was talking and meeting the other prefects would no doubt make her look as cold as normal. Well she in truth didn't mind if the other prefects would pick up the slack for her in this regard as that gave her more time for the studies she liked. While there was no real subject she hated Pearl disliked how she had to hide her interests, but well that was a small price to pay. Meanwhile her fairy Leviea was not at all like her owner and was flittering about moving around and over the heads of the others. Fluttering close to others and laughing or buzzing as if expecting and inspecting them.

• Felix Quentin

Felix nodded profusely in agreement with Imelda's explanation. He may not know much about the wizarding world but he certainly knew enough. It's weird that Nuella couldn't be easily convinced though. The pillar door was already something and the fact that none of the other people, muggles, commented on the fact that entire families and kids were disappearing into the pillar was very telling. Still, he supposed it was a little difficult to believe.

Before he could answer Imelda about her worries about muggle pictures, someone else had entered. Imelda and Nue already gave her the go signal so he just settled for silence. He wondered if she was one of the pureblood people he heard about from the professor. She certainly seemed to dress the part. Felix gave her a friendly wave and she took her place beside Nue. He reached into his pocket to wash off his hands before smiling at her, deciding against shaking her hand. "I'm Felix, by the way." He introduced himself.

"His uniform looks so cool, dude." Felix observed. Quidditch? Looked to be a wizard-only sport since he's on a broomstick and all. That was also cool. He wondered if they'd learn how to ride broomsticks in Hogwarts. He kind of really wanted to. Wouldn't it be so cool to fly? "Wait... Quidditch... I think I saw a poster of that back in Diagon Alley. So it is a sport!"

So Nuella did have a wand but she was convinced that it was just some random toy. She lit it up with a spell, Lumos apparently, and began to play around with it. A moment later, the newcomer immediately told her to put it out before extinguishing it herself. Felix tilted his head. There was a great sense of urgency in her voice about it. "Wait, wait, why? Can't we use our own wands? Or like is that spell some sort of banned spell?"

PixieDust PixieDust [Imelda] | Simplymelsh Simplymelsh [Nuella | Glenda]

• 24eb596241810ebdb2042b66fffe7d4d.jpg
    Location: Hogwarts Express, Compartment C With: Glenda/Nuella Simplymelsh Simplymelsh and Felix AI10100 AI10100

Imelda found that her cheeks had become rather warm as Nuella leaned over to look at the wizard card and complimented her appearance. She looked down for a moment, quite abashed and was glad when the subject turned to something she knew she could talk about.
    'Quidditch is the best sport in the whole world!' Her eyes lit up as she spoke about it. 'It's played on broomsticks and there are seven players on a team. The goal is to score as many points as possible in the three goal posts and catch the golden snitch. Only there's also obstacles like the bludger that tries to knock players off their brooms. Hogwarts has quidditch teams, so you'll get to see very soon! I do hope I get to play for Gryffindor...'

Soon the topic of wands had come around again. With every word Nuella said, Imelda realised she had not been joking about her ignorance with magic. She honestly thought she held a toy wand in her hand. Her eyes widened as she babbled on, and Imelda couldn't help but share a baffled look with the other girl, who's name she still did not know. Perhaps Nuella really wasn't from the pureblood family of Nott.

'Wait, Nuella don't-' she had been about to warn her against using her wand, but it was too late, with a graceful manoeuvre of her wand, the tip lit up and Imelda found herself transfixed in spite of herself at the lumos incantation. She had only read about it of course, but Imelda knew she had rather good form for someone who knew no magic at all.

"You idiot! Put that out immediately or we'd all get in trouble!" The other girl snapped at Nuella. Imelda frowned deeply, not approving of the tone she took even if she had managed to put out the light.

'Hey, she didn't know! It's not fair to talk to her like that.' She turned to Felix who had asked what was wrong and addressed him with a softer tone. 'Well, we aren't supposed to do magic outside of school. It's against the law. When we turn seventeen we can do as we like but they can trace magic you see.'

Imelda relaxed once more, though she was a little bit on edge about whether the light had been seen. It was very bright after all and their were people in compartments on either side of them. 'Even so, that was a very good lumos charm. I read about that spell. It's one of the things taught in the Standard Book of Spells, but I don't think we will learn about it until perhaps our third class.'

She glanced out of the window as the train began to move away from the station and then turned her attention back to the other girl, whom she wasn't sure she liked too much. She regretted telling her off now, but she supposed there wasn't much she could do but offer an apologetic smile in hopes she did not offend her. 'I'm sorry, we never got your name. I'm Imelda by the way.'

[tab=Midas Doherty]

Location: Hogwarts Express, Compartment J With: Alex SSJ4 Gogeta SSJ4 Gogeta and Cas Kitteh Kitteh

Midas listened intently as Alex explained that his entire family had been in Slytherin. That was rather rare outside of pureblood families, but Midas thought the boy did not carry the same air as a pureblood. He nodded at Alex's response.
'Slytherin is certainly not so bad when one considers the greatest legendary sorcerer of all time came from that house: Merlin of course, and plenty of others. Since my family are all Gryffindors they tend to be biased against the house, but if they would use logic they would realise that a few 'dark' wizards does not an entire house make.'

He had not realised how irritated he had become during his tangent. His fingers had begun to ball into fists and he relaxed them. Birdie was looking up at him with slight admonishment, as if to say 'cool your temper, little master.'

It was now Cas's turn to respond to his question. Midas let out a small amused chuckle at her response.
'The yellow one? How quaint.'

He looked over at Alex who was writing in a notebook that peaked his interest. 'I have no time for stupid pranks, but might I suggest the only way to pull off a very good one is to scope out the various students on the train, you know? Leave the compartment? Unfortunately my sister has a penchant for practical jokes.' He wrinkled his nose in distaste as the train chugged along. Hopefully they would leave him to read the rest of his newspaper now. He unfolded it and set to reading.

*Alex looks at Midas, seemingly feeling as though he was being insulted, but Alex shrugged his shoulders and continues writing... He simply didn't care what he thought was stupid, Alex didn't see the point in starting a argument he just simply looks at Midas*

"Well, i hate to inform you, but your already in my trap"

*Alex closes his notebook and sparks shoot out of it, almost causing Midas to fall... Alex looks at Midas*

"Don't underestimate me, now if you will excuse me"

*Alex walks out of the compartment to get something from the trolly, he gets a box of Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans and sits down*

"Let's see if i'm lucky"[/tab]

Location: Hogwarts Express, Compartment J With: Alex SSJ4 Gogeta SSJ4 Gogeta and Cas Kitteh Kitteh

Midas listened intently as Alex explained that his entire family had been in Slytherin. That was rather rare outside of pureblood families, but Midas thought the boy did not carry the same air as a pureblood. He nodded at Alex's response.
'Slytherin is certainly not so bad when one considers the greatest legendary sorcerer of all time came from that house: Merlin of course, and plenty of others. Since my family are all Gryffindors they tend to be biased against the house, but if they would use logic they would realise that a few 'dark' wizards does not an entire house make.'

He had not realised how irritated he had become during his tangent. His fingers had begun to ball into fists and he relaxed them. Birdie was looking up at him with slight admonishment, as if to say 'cool your temper, little master.'

It was now Cas's turn to respond to his question. Midas let out a small amused chuckle at her response.
'The yellow one? How quaint.'

He looked over at Alex who was writing in a notebook that peaked his interest. 'I have no time for stupid pranks, but might I suggest the only way to pull off a very good one is to scope out the various students on the train, you know? Leave the compartment? Unfortunately my sister has a penchant for practical jokes.' He wrinkled his nose in distaste as the train chugged along. Hopefully they would leave him to read the rest of his newspaper now. He unfolded it and set to reading.

*Alex looks at Midas, seemingly feeling as though he was being insulted, but Alex shrugged his shoulders and continues writing... He simply didn't care what he thought was stupid, Alex didn't see the point in starting a argument he just simply looks at Midas*

"Well, i hate to inform you, but your already in my trap"

*Alex closes his notebook and sparks shoot out of it, almost causing Midas to fall... Alex looks at Midas*

"Don't underestimate me, now if you will excuse me"

*Alex walks out of the compartment to get something from the trolly, he gets a box of Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans and sits down*

"Let's see if i'm lucky"

Cas reopened her book and skimmed the pages numbly. She wasn't really reading, just wanted to look busy.
It was just her and the Sl- Slytherin?- lover in the cabin now, and he was reading a newspaper.

The other boy, Alex, came back. He looked like he had some candy- jellybeans, maybe.

Cas hated her limited knowledge of this world. She just had so many questions- Where did that candy come from? What were the houses?
Just- anything. Any information about this godforsaken school would be helpful.

She couldn't very well ask these kids- Newspaper Boy would scoff at her, and Alex might help- but the other kid would still scoff. Darn pride.

Cas reopened her book and skimmed the pages numbly. She wasn't really reading, just wanted to look busy.
It was just her and the Sl- Slytherin?- lover in the cabin now, and he was reading a newspaper.

The other boy, Alex, came back. He looked like he had some candy- jellybeans, maybe.

Cas hated her limited knowledge of this world. She just had so many questions- Where did that candy come from? What were the houses?
Just- anything. Any information about this godforsaken school would be helpful.

She couldn't very well ask these kids- Newspaper Boy would scoff at her, and Alex might help- but the other kid would still scoff. Darn pride.

*Alex looks at Cas and smiles*

"Are you going to get anything from the trolly? If not i can give you some of my candy"

*Alex seems friendly, offering her some of his candy*

"What house do you think your going to be in?"

*Alex is curious about her answer, but when she doesn't respond Alex thinks she doesn't know what the houses are*

"You don't know the house do you? Well there are four of them, Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff... Each house was created by its respected founder, Godric Gryffindor, Salazar Slytherin, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Helga Hufflepuff"

*Alex wanted to say that Salazar Slytherin was his distant uncle but he decides not to, he doesn't want them to look at him weirdly*

"They say that they sort you into your house in some kind of ceremony"

*Galileo makes a noise in response, almost agreeing*

*Alex looks at Cas and smiles*

"Are you going to get anything from the trolly? If not i can give you some of my candy"

*Alex seems friendly, offering her some of his candy*

"What house do you think your going to be in?"

*Alex is curious about her answer, but when she doesn't respond Alex thinks she doesn't know what the houses are*

"You don't know the house do you? Well there are four of them, Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff... Each house was created by its respected founder, Godric Gryffindor, Salazar Slytherin, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Helga Hufflepuff"

*Alex wanted to say that Salazar Slytherin was his distant uncle but he decides not to, he doesn't want them to look at him weirdly*

"They say that they sort you into your house in some kind of ceremony"

*Galileo makes a noise in response, almost agreeing*

Cas took a jellybean hopefully, sending Alex a bright smile as she did.

"I dunno- Maybe Hufflefluff or Gryffindor."
"I'm not trying to be ignorant," she added defensively. "I was just never told about all this stuff."

She chewed the jellybean thoughtfully. It tasted like hand sanitizer. Gross.

When he talked about the ceremony, she nodded thoughtfully. "So they just stick you up on stage and a crusty old guy screams at you?"

The owl rumbled in agreement. Cas chuckled and looked at the bird.
"How smart."

Cas took a jellybean hopefully, sending Alex a bright smile as she did.

"I dunno- Maybe Hufflefluff or Gryffindor."
"I'm not trying to be ignorant," she added defensively. "I was just never told about all this stuff."

She chewed the jellybean thoughtfully. It tasted like hand sanitizer. Gross.

When he talked about the ceremony, she nodded thoughtfully. "So they just stick you up on stage and a crusty old guy screams at you?"

The owl rumbled in agreement. Cas chuckled and looked at the bird.
"How smart."

*Alex looks at her, wondering why she was getting defensive*

"I wasn't saying you were ignorant, a lot of people don't know about the houses"

*Alex laughs at the old man joke*

"I highly doubt that, but it's probably werid"

*Alex looks at Galileo*

"For once you agree with me"

*Alex laughs a little before eating another jellybean, he spits it out*

"Disgusting puke flavor*

*Alex tries to get rid of the taste but it only gets worse*

*Alex looks at her, wondering why she was getting defensive*

"I wasn't saying you were ignorant, a lot of people don't know about the houses"

*Alex laughs at the old man joke*

"I highly doubt that, but it's probably werid"

*Alex looks at Galileo*

"For once you agree with me"

*Alex laughs a little before eating another jellybean, he spits it out*

"Disgusting puke flavor*

*Alex tries to get rid of the taste but it only gets worse*

Cas watched the jellybean incident quietly.

"Do you- I mean, are you alright?"
She asked this quietly.

Cas could sit here and watch disaster unfold, or she could go try and find him a water bottle.
She went with the first one.

It was boring on the train, and this kid not being able to stomach a jellybean was not. She'd do something if asked, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back