• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Haven in more ways than one (OOC Channel)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Argead

Habs a long time ago on FeralFront
Here's the OOC channel for out-of-character conversations for the not-yet-created main thread. I will do most of my updates on the thread and ramblings over here from here on out.

Feel free to use this thread otherwise for whatever :D

I absolutely want to get my character up but unfortunately I work weekends so I’m a bit swamped as is. Argead Argead just to let you know I’ll definitely be aiming to get a character sheet up for review sometime tomorrow hopefully as that’s my for sure time off. Or perhaps I can even get started tonight if I can make it home in time. Still pretty pumped to try this out!

Alrighty! Take your time, life comes first and there’s no rush lol.

happy to hear about the enthusiasm! I had a lot of fun writing this stuff up!

I agree! I had so much fun making Iedra!! Speaking of which I am going to ramble a bit to get some ideas out there!!

Iedra Eilmoira Lyndis
Lioness Faunus (supposedly last one of her kind)
17 years old
She/Her pronouns
Bisexual
Relationship status: Single/Open

Relationships:
Iedra would be mom-like with V - being protective over those who tend to get into trouble
Iedra would be enemies/frenemies with Oliver (enemies becoming friends) due to faunus heritage and past
Iedra would be friends with Silas most likely (being around the same age)
Iedra would be enemies with Mark
Iedra would be enemies with Eigan

Plot Ideas:
* Iedra and her team travel to Haven (if there is a team there)
* Grimm attack and a team member is injured
* Faunus sickness goes through all faunus and teams have to find a cure

Looks good, though we do need to figure out who is on what team first before we can make team names.

We might be one short because I haven’t heard anything from Saigo at all

So since it’s passed that landmark I set down time wise and I haven’t heard anything at all from them I’m going to assume they either lost interest or something caught up to them and they aren’t able to participate at the moment.

I think I’m going to go ahead and say no concrete teams as a lot of good points have been raised against them here when it comes to roleplay stability. I’ll figure out a work around but the simplest option in my opinion is just to have flexible groups where characters just sort of intermingle and do whatever with whomever like was mentioned earlier. I’ll get the main thread up here with the prologue from the interest check as well as a starting point and the first Silas post here sometime in the near future.

I had been intending to get a post in for a few days but something always got in the way, glad to finally get it done!

This is definitely looking like it’s going to be a fun ride so far, all of the posts look amazing so far! Definitely take your time if you need to, life comes first and we’re not going anywhere.

While I am thinking about it also, I was talking to nh1 nh1 about lore and drawing up a map when a realized there’s large swathes of Anima which don’t have entirely defined duchies or anything else yet. So instead of going around filling things in myself I thought it would be a cool idea to see if any of you guys wanted to maybe pitch ideas for duchies within Mistral so that everyone would be a bit more connected to the world building side of things and to see what kind of settings everyone would like to explore. It’s not a requirement but if you get bored or just want to come up with a duchy here are some general guidelines for what nh1 nh1 and I have in place so far:
1. The current player made duchies are based off of Mediterranean cultures which roughly follows Mistral’s lore feeling of Asian/Mediterranean cultural motifs. An example of this would be Massalia which is based off of Rome.
2. A history/blurb of the entity is encouraged but not entirely required
3. How the entity behaves culturally some examples are: how do they dress, what kind of food do they eat, are they more warlike or peaceful.
4. How does the entity behave politically within the kingdom? Are they more democratic/liberal, or are they more traditional? How do they behave within the kingdom and with their neighbors? Any rivalries with other duchies? Would this entity be loyalist or more keen on independence?
5. General location on the map of Anima
6. Have fun with it!

Just post them over here if you end up wanting to do this sort of thing! :D

I never named V's Duchies, but I picture it 19th Century England with tech mixed in. Just add in Dust mines instead of Coal, big Factory districts....but mixed in some Farming countryside/forest and old castle/structures with modern stuff built around. They have a past of kinda having smaller provinces around the world, also having taken artifacts/relics from other places they visited. Likely has a big Navy.

Wait...so are we not at Haven Academy? I saw Mistral and Students but some of the posts are confusing me a little. Can someone clarify the current scene at the moment so i dont make a mistake?

I guess I could have some fun with this haha:

So before anything - I know I mentioned Vacuo was where Iedra was born and raised. She didn't always live there though. A small tiny village known as Kythaela is located closer to the mountains of the wasteland.

VACUO - Wastelands (my idea of what it is like)
Culture inspiration:

African-like and Nepali-like cultural significance and food. The food here is more grown by hand or raised via farms.
Brief history:
Vacuo is formed in the middle of the desert in an oasis. The main means of getting water are by wells and food is grown by hand or raised by farms. The most common meat out here is sheep meat, and the most commonly grown food is fruits from trees. Clothing out here is lightweight and very light-colored. Skirts are common, as are bandannas. Hair for women is often found in some type of hairstyle such as braids, ponytails, or even buns. The higher standings have more intricate hairstyles to show their standing. Boots are commonly worn here to protect feet from the hot sand, though sandals and no shoes are a common sight. There are no cars here as most get around by foot. Survival of the fittest is the absolute law out here. Vacuo is for one, a loyalist entity. Most follow the chieftess and chieftain without any complaint.
Political standing:
Very much a democratic viewpoint for political things, when they rarely appear
Peaceful or warlike?:
Peaceful - the faunus here do not resort to violence unless it is absolutely a need to protect themselves

KYTHAELA - Wastelands (where the headmaster found and recruited Iedra)

Cultural Inspiration:
Nepali and Swahili cultural significance: the food here is also grown, but there are more herbs available here than in Vacuo, food is also a bit spicier
Further away from Vacuo and closer to Gossan, on the other side of the mountains near the tail end of Anima is a small, little village at the base of the mountains - this is Kythaela.
Brief History:
Kythaela is not a well-known village and is where Iedra ran to when she left home due to her past. This small village was created by a unique faunus, similar to Iedra actually and they uniquely rely on the land for their resources. A small creek was used to draw water from in order to grow crops and farms used for food. Pigs, cows, and horses are common in this village. Horses are used for transport instead of cars. Houses are built from bricks, and there is one small dust mine nearby - further up the mountain. Every young child getting ready to move on/grow up must go up on their own to find a dust crystal that speaks to them. It can take a day, or a week - sometimes even a month. The clothing here is sturdier than Vacuo clothes but lighter than any other duchie in Anima most likely. Skirts are found for women while men wear lightweight trousers and pants. Boots can be found with sturdy soles and sandals made up of woven grass and leather. Beaded jewelry is common here and higher standings all wear earrings, have beads woven into hairstyles such as braids, and wear anklets. The groups which live here must respect life, and each being has a feather of some type of bird woven into a strand of hair. Survival of the fittest applies here, but life is treasured.
Political standing:
There is no clear political standing here, just respect life and all she gives
Peaceful or warlike?:
This is a very very peaceful group, no battles or anything are allowed unless it is for protection reasons. It is highly rare for this group to take any sides.

uhhh - is this alright? I might have gotten too carried away though lol

Wait...so are we not at Haven Academy? I saw Mistral and Students but some of the posts are confusing me a little. Can someone clarify the current scene at the moment so i dont make a mistake?
Everyone is at Haven academy currently

Well since it’s been offered up, I’d love to take a crack at making Up Oliver’s adoptive home. I might end up changing a few things about his backstory, but since we aren’t that far in it should be fine. So I’ll see about doing that!

Sorry, I will get a post up tomorrow I’ve just been super busy. I’ll get back to everyone on duchy stuff here soon as well.

Alrighty, post finally went up!
I never named V's Duchies, but I picture it 19th Century England with tech mixed in. Just add in Dust mines instead of Coal, big Factory districts....but mixed in some Farming countryside/forest and old castle/structures with modern stuff built around. They have a past of kinda having smaller provinces around the world, also having taken artifacts/relics from other places they visited. Likely has a big Navy.

I guess I could have some fun with this haha:

So before anything - I know I mentioned Vacuo was where Iedra was born and raised. She didn't always live there though. A small tiny village known as Kythaela is located closer to the mountains of the wasteland.

VACUO - Wastelands (my idea of what it is like)
Culture inspiration:

African-like and Nepali-like cultural significance and food. The food here is more grown by hand or raised via farms.
Brief history:
Vacuo is formed in the middle of the desert in an oasis. The main means of getting water are by wells and food is grown by hand or raised by farms. The most common meat out here is sheep meat, and the most commonly grown food is fruits from trees. Clothing out here is lightweight and very light-colored. Skirts are common, as are bandannas. Hair for women is often found in some type of hairstyle such as braids, ponytails, or even buns. The higher standings have more intricate hairstyles to show their standing. Boots are commonly worn here to protect feet from the hot sand, though sandals and no shoes are a common sight. There are no cars here as most get around by foot. Survival of the fittest is the absolute law out here. Vacuo is for one, a loyalist entity. Most follow the chieftess and chieftain without any complaint.
Political standing:
Very much a democratic viewpoint for political things, when they rarely appear
Peaceful or warlike?:
Peaceful - the faunus here do not resort to violence unless it is absolutely a need to protect themselves

KYTHAELA - Wastelands (where the headmaster found and recruited Iedra)

Cultural Inspiration:
Nepali and Swahili cultural significance: the food here is also grown, but there are more herbs available here than in Vacuo, food is also a bit spicier
Further away from Vacuo and closer to Gossan, on the other side of the mountains near the tail end of Anima is a small, little village at the base of the mountains - this is Kythaela.
Brief History:
Kythaela is not a well-known village and is where Iedra ran to when she left home due to her past. This small village was created by a unique faunus, similar to Iedra actually and they uniquely rely on the land for their resources. A small creek was used to draw water from in order to grow crops and farms used for food. Pigs, cows, and horses are common in this village. Horses are used for transport instead of cars. Houses are built from bricks, and there is one small dust mine nearby - further up the mountain. Every young child getting ready to move on/grow up must go up on their own to find a dust crystal that speaks to them. It can take a day, or a week - sometimes even a month. The clothing here is sturdier than Vacuo clothes but lighter than any other duchie in Anima most likely. Skirts are found for women while men wear lightweight trousers and pants. Boots can be found with sturdy soles and sandals made up of woven grass and leather. Beaded jewelry is common here and higher standings all wear earrings, have beads woven into hairstyles such as braids, and wear anklets. The groups which live here must respect life, and each being has a feather of some type of bird woven into a strand of hair. Survival of the fittest applies here, but life is treasured.
Political standing:
There is no clear political standing here, just respect life and all she gives
Peaceful or warlike?:
This is a very very peaceful group, no battles or anything are allowed unless it is for protection reasons. It is highly rare for this group to take any sides.

uhhh - is this alright? I might have gotten too carried away though lol
These look awesome guys!

Well since it’s been offered up, I’d love to take a crack at making Up Oliver’s adoptive home. I might end up changing a few things about his backstory, but since we aren’t that far in it should be fine. So I’ll see about doing that!

Go ahead! Have fun with it! :D

Seems out of the 8 people we now have 5 posting. We waiting on the other 3 or carrying on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back