• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A Guild of Heroes

Birdsie

The God-Emperor of Mankind
Inspired by Fable
To celebrate the return of IamNotLoki IamNotLoki , I, Birdsie, have elected to reboot this long-running classic. More on the topic below. Please, note: This is not a sequel, nor a prequel to the original roleplay; merely a reboot, with new lore and characters. Obviously, you can remake ones from the previous GoH, if such is your wish.

A Guild of Heroes

Back for another story, eh? Alright, alright. Just sit down... and tune your ears.

300 years ago, the forces of evil became an ever-present threat on the continent of Gael. The planet of Terra held a small country; Albion, one that was particularly fallen during this period. This is a lighthearted story. A story of idealism and moral struggle, in a world of heroes and villains; a tale of strife and a fable of passion.

Eventually, the world grew decadent. Hatred, thievery, larceny, murder, sin... and these cursed dark elves.
One man, you could call him a hero, but he was more of... a goddamned badass.

Dragon Nests? Burnt.
Princesses? Rescued.
Demons? Crawled back to hell.
And all of it served on a silver platter with a humble, modest smile - for free! Now, this young man's name is William Black - and there were little to no calamities that could stand in his way - his legend is glorious. Overflowing with exploits of his majesty.

Now, now. Don't get me wrong. Black wasn't the only one who did good. There were others who had their hearts in the right places but used the wrong methods or lacked experience. Seeing how effective he was, William still deemed himself useless - because what can one, puny, mortal human do, in a world of diverse creatures and superpowers?

So, he gathered all others that felt just as he did, and with them; he created the Guild of Heroes. At first, they were a small few individuals, but a few men and women trying to spread good and learning more about themselves and the world. Eventually, it grew into a legion, and later into a grandiose organization of large size. They lived off of donations and extra pay for the contracts they did with the citizens of Albion, and later expanded past one country; onto the whole continent of Gael, but... That was a golden era of the Guild, and it ended roughly 200 years ago, as the number of calamities lowered; so did the need for the Guild's activity.

Although William Black made a great legacy and carved a legend in the hearts of the people; the Guild grew weaker and weaker, like an immune system given fewer bacteria to combat.

Now, it is Year 521 of the Albion Calendar, counted since the creation of the country itself. We will stop focusing on Black and the heroes of legends past; and focus on the newest additions of the Guild.

The story begins here, and it begins now...
*The screen fades*

Inviting Some Old Veterans:
Swire Swire Alteras Alteras IamNotLoki IamNotLoki Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel
And a few friends:
Hanarei Hanarei Kylesar1 Kylesar1 FireMaiden FireMaiden Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Tag anyone who'd be interested in this.

Also, don't worry.

I will retain the one last tradition from the original: The Guildmaster WILL be a demon. Not Mephisto, but he will be a demon.
(To new players: It is pretty much law at this point that the Guildmaster is a demon-gone-good or William Black/one of William's descendants.)

Dammit I want to join this but there was so much stuff going on in the last one that it fried my brain and i'm afraid to commit

When I am 80 years old dieing of old age,I would still join guild of heroes.

> see's a reboot to a RP I have never heard of but had heard good thing of
> see's birdsie

Yep I'm in. This is usually not something I do, but I decided to step out of my comfort zone here.

*only a few steps away from reaching the thread. Dies of cancer from three school assignments at once*
Rip, looks like I'm a bit late. Ah well xD

*only a few steps away from reaching the thread. Dies of cancer from three school assignments at once*
Rip, looks like I'm a bit late. Ah well xD
You're lucky.
A few people left. I intended to get in another person, if you're still interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back