• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Fresh Start (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hera

"Good to meet you, Lothar," Hera said in kind, before nodding. "Shelter and water sound like a good start, until we can figure out what's going on here." She accompanied him South, looking back to the younger girl whilst Monroe overtook her. Before she could speak, the child had run off, sprinting in the opposite direction.
"Leave her," Monroe advised. "She sounds crazy."
"She sounds scared," Hera replied. "There's a difference."

Catching up with Lothar, the pair joined him in breaking into the forest. "If we just keep going straight, we should arrive at those structures we could see from the hill. If you two agree, I'd say we check them out to see if they'll be suitable for the night, then find the nearest body of water."

Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

Lothar

Lothar nodded at the two who joined him as he began to walk into the woods. He would occasionally lightly swing his falchion and make small cut marks on the trees as they continued to walk. "Just making it possible to retrace our steps later... or if anyone wants to find us..." Lothar explained. They could simply follow the cut marks if they ever wanted to return to that hill or got lost. Once they arrived at the ruins, he planned to first, search all the buildings and make sure that they're safe. If they were structurally unsound.... well... they had a lot of materials to work with to make a hut or something. Hell, someone might even be living there and have some answers for them all. Regardless, they needed shelter and this seemed to be the closest place to them. Still, he had to admit that he was concerned about that little girl, but there was nothing he could really do for her. There was a rule that he remembered. You never try to help a drowning person until they calm down. Otherwise, you will drown as well. This seemed to be a similar situation. Trying to help her right now seemed to be a fool's errand. Hopefully, she would get a hold of herself and find these marks on the trees.

Last edited:
Seeing the intruder turn heel and flee, two of the rats would follow at his heel for a good couple feet before peeling off into the forest. The other rats would all do likewise, disappearing back into the forest now that they were satisfied that their home was safe. It seemed that Giovanni would not become rat food tonight, but he would need to find another solution as the other people had dispersed, leaving the starting point vacant. What would he do now?
L llamatime (also if you have a name for the giant redwood let me know in ooc!)

Making a break for it towards the north, the nameless girl would find herself blindly running through the forest, perhaps startling some other giant rats that were out foraging or some normal seeming white-tailed deer who would bound off and away from her feverish escape. Soon enough, she'd reach the border between the desert and the forest, and here she would have a much better view of what lied in said forest; To the north west was the giant swirling sand tornado which, strangely, seemed to be completely stationary around the shrouded shape of what appeared to be a tree. Further north overlooking a lake; the chapel. Now that she was a bit closer she could see that it was an ancient place made of dark stone. However the strangest thing about this chapel was that all of the windows, even the largest of them, would be boarded up from the outside, and it even seemed like the doors were boarded up too although she was still a good ways away. Up above her head, something glittering would be circling the air above it. It would be impossible to tell what this glittering thing was though, as it was far too high to really see clearly.
matzi8qr matzi8qr

The journey southward would be rather uneventful and brief for the trio, only the odd deer, squirrel, or bird to be seen. Perhaps the rats just didn't travel this far? Whatever the case they would be unimpeded as they made their way to the ruined structure. It would be an absolutely run down and decrepit thing, clearly having once been an entire estate but now was just a tower that stood three stories tall, a stone wall that was around waist high and crumbling, something that appeared to either be a barn or stable, and right in the middle of the foundations of what used to be the estate proper; a seven foot tall statue. It was a rather odd looking thing, made almost completely out of stone with a cylindrical head, unusually long limbs, a giant cleaver for a right arm, an iron shield strapped to its left, and a rather ornate crest of a lion locked in combat with an eagle engraved upon its chest. It would seem to be just as old as the estate itself, but it would have less moss covering it and was standing in the middle of what looked to be the former kitchen of the place. Was this some kind of memorial?
Bang Bang Bang Bang Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

Last edited:
Giovanni
After losing the rats Giovanni decided that moving on would be the best bet. He remembered seeing a lake or pond just a ways south from the starting point, he decided that the lake would probably be the best option as it seemed empty and deserted. And so, Giovanni put away his weapons and headed south, keeping his defenses up at all times. But before he left to his new destination, he realized that he never had a detailed plan to begin with, he knew that he was going to make a shelter for himself and that was about it. But this time it will be different. Giovanni thought to himself as he continued south.

Last edited:
(Nameless)

Exhausted, the unnamed girl plopped down, leaning against a tree at the end of the forest. She grabbed a fistful of the course sand and scanned the desert before her. The sand tornado piqued her interest, though if she was as unprepared as she was, it would surely mean her demise. Situating myself would be the best option. While the chapel is far from most green life, the lake might have fish for me to eat. And if I'm lucky, fresh water. Thinking this, the nameless girl got up and began walking to the chapel in the distance, the hot sand going in between her bare toes as she walked in the rising sun through the desert before her.

Lothar

Lothar looked at the statue. It was an odd sight, but nothing seemed too off about it. He would take the time to examine it. Perhaps he could take the shield? Regardless, if this wasn't possible to do quickly or in an expedient manner, then he would just move on. He wanted to explore the two buildings, starting with the tower first to see if there was anything useful in those buildings. If not, then at least it looked like he would have some shelter for now. First, however, before starting to explore. Lothar would look around for a nice sized stick to start a small fire. He would need some sort of light to search inside and wanted a torch to help him with his search.

On the way south on what should of been a simple journey, Hera and Monroe mysteriously found themselves separated from Lothar and lost in some stretch of the forest that seemed identical to the one they left, but endless. Hopefully, they would not be lost for too long!

As he moved further and further away from Rat Root, perhaps Giovanni would be comforted to see fewer of the rats skulking around until they weren't there at all. Seems they didn't wander that far from home. And perhaps there was a reason for this as when he got to the point where he could just barely see the small lake through the thick of the trees, he could also see a family pack of wolves taking a drink alongside some deer. There would be two adults, one adolescent, and four pups who were currently occupied with rough housing. What would he do now?
L llamatime

As she made her way towards the chapel, perhaps she would notice the giant flowers the size of watermelon that sat at the base of some of the cacti that were around, all vibrant colors, some red, some yellow, some somewhere in between. Despite their beauty however, they would smell like at least thirty wet dogs. Even so, she had her attention on the chapel and that glittering thing above would have it's attention on her. By the time she finally reached the place, the shining UFO would of spiraled a bit lower, just enough that if she glanced up she could see that it appeared to be some kind of bird. Whatever it was, it was staying up there for now and the nameless girl had a chapel to inspect! And boy, would there be a rather interesting detail to take in indeed! The entrance of the place would be a ginormous pair of double doors which, like the windows, were boarded up from the outside. However there would be chains as well and hanging from those ancient, rusted old chains would be a padlock without any keyhole and a single inscription that read; “The Knowledge you Seek is Held Within, But Terror Protects it. Be Wary.” While she was in the process of reading this inscription and pondering it's meaning, a deep croaky voice from immediately above would speak out, "I really wouldn't go in there if I were you."
matzi8qr matzi8qr (Let me know in the discord what you'd like to call the chapel!)

The shield would seem to be fastened on there pretty solidly! Clearly it would take a lot more effort to get it removed. There would be plenty of good canidates for torches, fallen branches, old table legs.... While he was searching however, he'd start to hear a deep rumbling behind him like stone shifting against stone and this would soon be followed by a deep crumbling voice, "Who....goes....there?" If he turned, he would see that the statue had actually moved and was staring at him with faint blue lights in its eyes. The golem took a few slow, heavy steps before leaning down to get a better look at Lothar, "Are...you...a....knight...of...the....master?"
Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon (let me know if you have any ideas of what you want the place to be called on the map)

Giovanni
At first he was thrilled to see his destination was close at hand, but then he noticed the new lifeforms at the lake. He could still remember what happened last time he encountered those rodents and was determined to not make the same mistake again. He kept heading towards the lake and found an area that no animals have occupied, Giovanni would spend a good amount of time observing what these creatures were capable of as he laid down his weapons and proceeded to take a drink of water.

(Nameless)

The nameless girl walked across the barren desert, the sweltering sand burning her feet. She walked through the pain, heading to the chapel overlooking the lake. She overlooked the area, noticing cacti with large, watermelon size flowers at their bases. Cacti can be a source of food, and, if the lake isn't safe to drink from, water, too. Saying this, she decided to sidetrack herself from the chapel to investigate the nearest cactus.

As the girl got closer to the cactus, she smelled the peculiar scent of dog. A dog after a bath. She got a twinge of homesickness, and then confusion, as she doesn't remember her home. Now's not the time to dwell on that. Now's the time to get situated to survive, she thought as she shook the clouding confusion from her head. She arrived at the cactus and investigated it. Looks normal. No fruit in the flower though, so it's probably early spring or so. Which means it's going to get hotter soon. The girl krinkled her nose, got up, and got back on the track to the chapel.

An hour or so later, the girl, sweaty and exhausted, arrived outside the chapel. She circled it as much as she could, examining the boarded up entrances, taking inventory of the area when she noticed the carving on the once open entrance that read “The Knowledge you Seek is Held Within, But Terror Protects it. Be Wary.” Well, what knowledge do I seek? Why I'm here, obviously. But terror protects it... what does that mean? Intrigued, the girl attempted to pull a board free from it's nails, to no avail. Before she could try a second time, a hoarse, raspy voice interrupted her. "I really wouldn't go in there if I were you," it said. The girl leaped back a few feet with both daggers drawn. She looked around for a source of the voice and found nothing but a sparkling, bird-looking thing above her. Assuming that was the source of the voice, she shielded her eyes from the sun's glare and spoke to it. "Why not?" she asked. "Who are you to tell me what to do? For all I know, you just don't want me to learn this knowledge I seek."

Lothar

Lothar held his ground and replied "Hail Fair Guardian of the Estate! I am Lothar Wolff... unfortunately I do not remember much other than that. I had just woken up on the top of a hill yonder and was looking around for anyone who may know what is going on here." as he pointed north to where he came from. "I dare not claim to be something that I am not certain I am. Thus, I think it would be fair to say that I am a traveler... or even a visitor to this estate, seeking shelter and knowledge." He then paused before he continued "What may I call you, Guardian? And may I have your blessings to seek shelter here while I learn more of this strange situation that I find myself in? If need be, I would be more than willing to help clean this place up a bit as a sign of my gratfulness for your hospitality."

Erik suddenly woke up, and as you do he got up rubbing his back after the rough sleep. He rubs his eyes and yawns as he begins to monologue" I hope I won't get a bruise from sleeping here... Wherever "here" is... Now that I think about it who am I? Well, I'm obviously Erik, can't think of much else though. Eh whatever good enough for now." As he jolts up with unnatural spring for a man of his age. He followed through by surveying the area around him to find that he was able to see everything in the nearby area relatively well, and after finishing he begun arguing where to head; "Well thinking of this situation logically, I require water, food and sleep to survive.".

He then began comparing his options, there was a big lake with ruins over the forest, an option he ruled out due to the fact that if other were people around they must've realized the importance of the water there and he was too groggy for human interaction. The ruins closest to him attract people with low attention spans, even worse. And that logically resulted with him deciding with heading to the ruins up the river from the huge lake by the straightest way there through the forest.

So while whistling and swinging his spade he made his way to the location.

Noticing his approach, the beasts would all pause and watch him warily at first before they relaxed as they saw he meant no harm. The pups would huddle a bit closer to their family before resuming their games and all would be well. However as he started to drink, Giovanni might notice something rather unusual about this small lake; it was unbelievably deep. Much deeper than it had any right to be. There also was a disturbing lack of fish here, and not only that but all the animals were being very careful in not so much as stepping foot in the water. It seemed things at the dome only got curioser and curioser.
L llamatime

It would take a moment for the brightness of the sun to subside, but once it did the girl would see a rather peculiar thing perched up on a gargoyle above the gilded doors, hanging upside down and staring at her with beady red eyes; a giant golden raven roughly the size of a grown person. "Well aren't you the snippety one!" It cackled before it dropped down, gracefully landing beside her and gesturing to the door with one of its enormous wings, "Surely you have brains enough to realize something real nasty-like must be in there if it's boarded up from the outside, yes?" The bird ruffled its glittering feathers briskly as it shuddered at the thought, "You are not ready to meet the Knowledge Keeper, little girlie."
matzi8qr matzi8qr

The golem stared him down motionlessly as it listened to his words and processed everything with whatever it had that passed for intellect. After a moment of thinking it slowly stood upright and looked around at the ruined estate, "I was...ordered...to never...let...an...intruder...within...these walls. However...the master...has been...gone...for...quite some...time now." It stood there, thinking on its own words for a brief eternity before it spoke again, "You...do not...seem to...be...an...enemy of...the master. You may...visit." It turned and pointed towards the tower with its cleaver, the movement surprisingly fluid in comparison to how it had moved and spoke earlier. "The...Master's...chambers...are...at the...top. There...might be...something....of use...up there." It's head slowly turned to peer down at Lothar as it added finally, "You...may...call me...Guardian."
Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

Alone with only himself for company, Erik would certainly have a lot to take in during his waking moments. Perhaps he could even see moving figures off in the distance from his vantage point, or perhaps they would be swallowed up by the trees. As he turned his gaze to the ruins to the east, he'd get the sense that the place was some kind of fort or castle at one point. Whatever its purpose once was, it was now his destination and he'd find his journey through the forest to be relatively uninterrupted, except for the odd deer or squirrel that fled from his path. Once he reached the edge of the forest by the river, he'd be able to notice a few striking things on the other side of the river bank; the run down fortress was just teeming with wild dogs of various shapes and colors, and they currently seemed to be defending their territory from a hapless trio of unusually large turkeys who really didn't seem to know what anyone in this situation was doing. The amount of barking, growling, and frantic gobbling would be mind-boggling to say the least.
June Verles June Verles

Giovanni
After Giovanni was hydrated he took this moment to think about his situation. Though he doesn't remember his home he had a feeling that this was not it, he also noted the rodents and beast which don't seem like they're in the same situation as he, almost like this was their home. He thought that maybe if animals could live here, people could live here as well. Then a peculiar though crossed his mind, if this was not his home, maybe someone put him and the others here. Since that was the only answer he could up with, he decided to find out a way to escape. He did notice some ruins right above his current location and thought that was the next place to go. But before he could set of he noticed that none of the beasts stepped into the water. it felt weird to him because something told him that big bodies of water meant food. So he decided to grab his spear and take a few steps into the water to figure out why the beasts stayed out of the lake.

(Nameless)

The glistening shape above her perched itself on the building where the girl could make out a human sized golden raven. "Well aren't you a snippety one!" it said, taunting her. She opened her mouth to reply when the raven spoke again. "Surely you have brains enough to realize something real nasty-like must be in there if it's boarded up from the outside, yes? You are not ready to meet the Knowledge Keeper, little girlie." The bird continued to taunt her in its condescending tone. The girl tried her best to stare down the bird with her green eyes, but turned her head down moments later. "I- I can hold my own against some Knowledge Keeper..." She stuttered, trying to find words as the red eyes stared lasers through her. "I'm not some 'little girlie' that you need to protect... I... I need to know why I'm here..."

Lothar nodded and thanked Guardian. Taking its advice, Lothar went ahead to enter the tower. He planned to keep his promise and would begin to tidy things up while he searched the tower thoroughly. Without a doubt, it would be very dusty and musky in the buildings, so he would take the time to clean the tower and the stable to make it more liveable. Afterall, it seemed that he would be staying here for a while, so whatever work he put into it would benefit him greatly. In addition, it would allow him to be more thorough in his search for useful items, equipment and supplies.

As soon as he takes notice of the spectacle provided by the assault of the turkeys on the Mutt's vigil Erik can only shed a tear at the casualties that will result from this monumental battle. "Man what a sad spectacle, some of them probably have younglings, truly nature is a cruel mistress" His observations are unfortunately interrupted by the growling of his stomach. Reacting to the situation he takes out one of the balls hanging around his waist and lobs it across in the mass of animals hoping to hit one of the turkeys but being ok to settle with one of the dogs who is going to tire themselves out trying to cross the river.

"Come and get some of this prime quality meat boys!" As he taunts the animals across the river.

As Giovanni took his first few steps into the water....Nothing seemed to happen. However all the animals would abruptly stop what they are doing and just stare at him. A moment of tense silence would pass and suddenly he'd notice a faint blue light from deep below the water. A light that was slowly getting closer and closer until an abrupt burst of water rose up from the lake as a serpentine creature emerged and stared him down. It was an unusual sight, with a long, narrow body, dark ruddy blue skin, a pair of fore flippers, a horse's head, and most striking of all; a single blue reptilian eye right in the middle. The eye glowed faintly and could easily fit in the palm of Giovanni's hand. The man would get the sense that there was something important about this eye, but the creature it was currently inhabiting looked pretty formidable.
L llamatime (and NOW you can come up with a name for the lake!)

"Little girl, I promise you that nothing out here compares to what's lurking in there. Not even the nasty things that come out at night can compare to that thing. There are other alternatives if you want to learn a thing or three."
The raven hopped a small circle on both feet before it motioned towards the desert with a flourish of its wing, "Out here there is a woman in blue, she has answers but you must be very careful with what you ask; she can only answer so many questions." It cackled dryly before it hop-turned again, this time towards the general direction of the pine forest, "Back the way you came is a lake smaller than this one, in there is a fine piece of cuisine that could help you but it's not so easy to acquire." The raven let out a sharp laugh before turning to face her again and leaning down to get a better look at her, "Of course, if you really insist on getting in there I could easily snap these chains for you; but I won't do it for free."
matzi8qr matzi8qr

As Lothar made his way up the tower, he'd learn a bit about the person who used to live here; for one thing they must of been very wealthy and well educated as the first floor of the tower was a two-story tall study/library filled with books, documents, and other such things. Unfortunately almost all of these were completely eaten away by the passage of time with nothing really worth salvaging. At least the desk and chair were relatively intact, if a bit mossy. The upstairs bedroom would be equally grand and equally run down with a large canopy bed that had collapsed in on itself taking up most of the space. There would also be a broken down wardrobe full of moth eaten finery and a chest of some kind which may of been locked once, but said lock seems to of fallen off thanks to the passage of time.
Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

Truly it was less of a battle and more of a chaotic brawl, one that would explode two fold once he threw one of his tasty meat balls which hit one of the turkeys with a dull thunk. It would be then that all hell broke loose as a flurry of fur and feathers exploded in the air in a frenzy. Having enough brains to know something awful was happening, the other two birds would turn and flee into the forest with panicked gobbling, leaving their kin to its gruesome fate. It would seem now all of the dogs had their attention on the poor bird.
June Verles June Verles

Giovanni
He would feel a moment of confidence as nothing seemed to happen at first, but that would be replaced with excitement and fear as a giant serpent-like creature rose out of the water. Giovanni was about to run away again but the a thought came to him, I might not be familiar with this environment but I can't solve all my problems by running and attacking by my self would be a fatal mistake as well, but there's one strategy that might work. So with renewed confidence he took a few steps back and laid down his spear. He then looked the beast in the eye and spoke with a kind tone. "Listen great beast, I am just a man who doesn't know where he is and I need food and shelter for when night falls. If you don't accept me then I understand, but this is the best place for me right now. So please let me stay for at least tonight, that's all I ask of you." He made sure not to go back to his weapons as to not alarm the beast. But he made sure to keep some focus on the eye in the center.

(Nameless)

"Of course, If you really insist on going in there I could easily snap these chains for you, but I won't do it for free," the golden raven said, staring down at the girl who ran through the options given to her in Uber-chan's post that I don't feel like copy-pasting here. Maybe this bird thing isn't lying, and something terrible is actually making their home in there. And if there are other sources of answers without cocky bird things mocking my every move, that sounds great, she thought. "Alright. I'll leave you and your 'scawy wittle Knowledge Keeper' to your privacy. I'll go find this blue lady. B-but I'm staying here for a little bit. I... I won't... go inside, obviously, but there's water here... and... nevermind" Saying this, the girl walked a little ways toward the lake, constantly glaring back at the bird to make sure it wasn't doing anything shady. She knelt down at the lake bed, giving her blistering feet a rest, and investigated the lake, shielding her eyes from the sun that reflected off of the surface. She dipped her finger into the water before resting it on her tongue, testing if there was any salt in the water.

Lothar

Lothar was a bit unhappy with what he had found in the tower so far, but at least there was a lot of things to use as fuel for a fire. He gathered some branches from outside and placed them in a small fireplace in study. He took out his tinderbox and got a small spark going, which he nurtured until it was a healthy flame. He was satisfied and got up to walk to the bedroom once more as his eyes finally settled upon the chest that was unlocked. He couldn't imagine how long it had been since this tower was properly lived in seeing how everything in here was falling apart from old age. Regardless, he assumed that this is what the Guardian meant when he said there was something useful here. Lothar walked over to the chest and opened it to examine the contents of it.

His plans to taunt the animals to attack him failed as he saw the skirmish turn into a bloodbath. Not that he minded seeing as he immediately sat down and begun cheering for the dogs as it was clearly the winning team. After a few minutes, the rumble finished with a clear winner. Therefore Erik was going to take his losses and leave but he then noticed the last remaining turkey wounded and abandoned by it's companions. Erik stared at the turkey, he felt the fear about its impending death but he could see a sparkle in its eyes, the spark of a survivor.

It was Erik's duty to protect that turkey, so with his spade in hand, he began swinging it wildly and taunting the gods while bringing the river to try an cross it to help with his new brother.

The serpent slowly lowered its head to get a closer look at Giovanni, its nostrils flaring and snuffling as it examined him as closely as a being with one glowing eye possibly could. After a moment of inspection, it snorted and quickly turned to dive back into the lake with a loud spa-LOOSH! At first it would seem like it had simply gone back from whence it came, but after a minute there would be bubbles broiling up at the surface of the lake, followed by another abrupt splash as a few dead fish were thrown up out of the lake and in Giovanni's general direction! After that, there would be no sign of tip or tail of the creature and things were once again as still as when he first arrived.
L llamatime

The Raven wouldn't say anything, but there would appear to be a smile in its eye as it merely stood and watched her walk off, tilting its head side to side in a playful manner. The waters of the lake would be surprisingly cool, and fresh! Not a hint of salt anywhere. And not only that, but it was just teeming with fish. The bird continued to stand there for a while longer before slowly it started hopping over; but only when she wasn't looking. Playing a game of red-light-green-light, the shining bird eventually hopped its way right next to her and croaked mirthfully, "So, does snippety have a name? You humans are so fond of them."
matzi8qr matzi8qr

Inside the chest would be just two things; a pair of boots and a yellowed letter that was still readable. The boots themselves seemed to of fared the passage of time surprisingly well, there wouldn't be a hint of holes or rot of any kind. They were about knee height, black leather with flat soles and elegant flowers embroidered along the toe, heel, and top of the boots in gold thread. The letter would read:
"My beloved King,

Please accept this gift I crafted from the bottom of my lonely heart for I wish to serve you even if you prefer the company of your dear wife. These boots I crafted with my own two hands and bestowed with one simple blessing, that you may survive this senseless war with your life. All you have to do is wear them and when you'd much rather be somewhere else cry out 'Oh lovely boots, please carry me away to somewhere else!' while thinking of a place you have previously been to at least once before and lo, you shall instantly appear there! Be warned though, my love, the magic of these boots is powerful and can only be used twice before they expire forever. Use them wisely, should you choose to use them at all! I know how headstrong you can be, and for that I worry terribly. Please, if not for me then for your beloved wife, wear these boots and come home safe!

Warm regards,
Lady Estelle"

It would seem that the king in question didn't heed the good lady's advice, as if he touched them he could certainly feel their power still at full strength.
Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

The poor turkey would be doing its best to put up a valiant, stupid fight! Quite a few of the mongrels had been clawed up and some of the more cowardly of the bunch had turned and fled from the fight with tails tucked between their legs. Even so, time was limited and those dogs were hungry! As Erik carelessly waded in, he'd make it a good several feet across the shallows before he started getting into chest territory. Fortunately by that point there wasn't much further to go, however there appeared to be a mild current right in front of him. Up above, some of the other dogs that weren't quite so engaged with the turkey would take notice and start pacing the bank nervously with a look of anxiety and confusion. They'd keep their distance for now as they watched this unfamiliar creature approached, not sure they liked it one bit.
June Verles June Verles

Giovanni
He would be startled at first as he dodged the oncoming fishes as they piled up right behind him. He was not sure whether this act by the serpent was of rage, or hospitality. But he wouldn't care as he started to get hungry. He gathered stray wood and sticks and made a fire to the best of his abilities and started to cook the fish. He took this moment to think about his situation again, it seemed that creature also lived here as that seemed to be the case with other animals so far, but that got him thinking are there people that lived here other than him and the others on that hill? He then recalled the ruins right above his current location. He thought that would be his next destination but first he needed to eat.

(Nameless)

Fresh water, bunch of fish, this is beautiful! Good idea, me! she thought. She cupped her hands and was about to take a drink when she heard the familiar voice of the raven, way closer than it should be. "So, does snippety have a name?" it said. Startled, the girl whipped around before she registered what was said, left hand instinctively to a dagger. Then she mostly relaxed, deciding that the raven wasn't doing anything. "I... I don't remember by name..." she said, staring down at the sand. "The only thing I remember is waking up over at the hill, and then running away from the others, which was probably pretty silly, and then I met you here... and you know the rest because..." The girl noticed that she was rambling and stopped herself. She looked up to the raven and met his piercing red eyes, so she dropped her head back to the sand.

Lothar

Lothar gently pocketed the letter. He took off his shoes and put on these leather boots meant for a King, literally. Still, rather than the boots... Lothar thought that the letter was more valuable. It gave him a lot of information and a trail to follow. Lothar put his shoes into the chest and carried the chest down stairs to the fireplace. Adding some more branches to the fireplace, Lothar returned outside to talk to Guardian. He approached and said "Hail Guardian, may I ask several questions? Can you tell me about these lands, and this estate? And can you tell me more about the King, Queen, and Lady Estelle? Finally... what was the war that the King was fighting in?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back