• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Fresh Start (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Giovanni
He groaned as the figure was just a cactus, not even paying attention to the girl behind him. He decided to keep on going through the storm to see what was causing it. Suddenly motioned for her to stop. He glanced around the storm as he finally addressed the eerie feeling he's been having. He motioned for her to be on her guard as he pulled out his spear, but he didn't move into an attack. Instead he kept on walking while keeping an eye out for this strange presence he has been feeling.

Last edited:
Snippet

"Feel like you're being watch too, huh," Snippet said, trudging forward. She cut a piece of cloth from the bottom right of her shirt and tied it around and back of her nose and mouth. Then, she looked southeast back in the direction of the chapel, and took her direction one last time before entering the event horizon of the storm. "We are seriously underprepared for this..."

Lothar just continued to sit passively, but slowly reached out with his hand to allow the strange creature to smell him. Needless to say, he was rather scared and concerned, but he couldn't show it... he knew that the moment he freaked out then he would be attacked for certain. So, he did his best to remain calm and move slowly.

Rok

"Ughhh."

Rok's eyes open to see the open sky above him. It takes him a minute to awaken enough to realize that he's laying flat on his back in some lush grass. With a groan he rolls over to his front and props up on his forearms with his hang still hanging.

"Oi. Why am I so stiff?"

He looks up and sees that he is atop a grassy hill which is surrounded by a thick forest on all sides. He slowly gets to his feet and begins to stretch his arms, neck, and leg muscles to ease some of the stiffness he is feeling.

Grabbing his head he thinks, "...why can't I remember anything? Where am I?" He begins to look around to get a better feel for his surroundings and see's a short sword laying a few feet from where he awoke. "That's mine. I do remember that." He picks up this short sword that has a blade made of bone and wrapped in a leather strap and swings it around a bit. "Did this thing get heavier or am I just that weak right now?" He fastens the sword to the belt at the back of his waist.

Looking around again he sees what appears to be a clearing to the south east of the dense forest.
"Guess I'll test my luck in that direction. Alright then, let's go figure out what's up."

He pulls the hood of his crimson mantle over his head, and with that he sets off down the hill.

The storm would be cold and bitter to the touch, the sand grating against their skin and clogging up their eyes and lungs. They were just on the very edge and already they could both feel a strong tug like they might be yanked up off their feet at any moment. Was this really a wise idea? "Wait." A soft whispering voice called from behind, somehow heard perfectly clear over the deafening roar of the storm. If either one of them turned around, they would see nothing. And yet, could they deny that they both heard the same voice?
L llamatime matzi8qr matzi8qr

The creature's pupils slowly engorged as it crept closer, inch by inch with only very tiny, minuscule movements. Soon enough, the thing would be just half a foot away and would have its eyes firmly locked on Lothar. For a while it just crouched there, unmoving, completely silent before it slowly glanced down at the man's extended hand. They would both be frozen like that, staring at each other quietly for a few minutes before the creature's mouth suddenly gaped open to the point where it looked like the thing had dislocated its jaw to open it twice as wide while letting out a deep, rasping screech that sounded unlike anything Lothar had ever heard before. Seeming either enraged or emboldened, the creature made a swipe for Lothar's face which would surely leave a mark if the man wasn't fast enough to dodge it.
Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

Off to the south east from the yet unexplored plains, a deep, rumbling wolf's howl would cry out far louder than was natural. Either the wolf was closer to the sleeping Thalen than it would seem, or it was much, much larger than the other wolves that had been observed in the area earlier. Whatever the case it was out there, in the dark, not too far from where the man slumbered.
ShakinMcBacon ShakinMcBacon

As the newly awakened Rok made his way south, he'd soon enough come across the Redstone Estate and Guardian, who was exactly where Lothar had left him. Noticing the newcomer, the apparent statue would slowly turn to face him, it's eyes glowing faintly in the night. "Halt....who....goes....there?"
Denrawr Denrawr

Giovanni
He lifted his bandana over his mouth and nose as he continued walking. That is until he felt a tugging, followed by the voice. He turned around only to see nothing. At first he thought it was the storm messing with him, but then he remembered what he witnessed in the dome so far. The giant lake serpent, that golden raven, the white stag, could this voice be any different? He decided to see for himself as he lowered his spear yet still had a grip on it. "You have my attention who, or whatever you are. You don't mind revealing yourself now do you? It would certainly be more helpful for all of us if you did." He said in his calm tone as he focused on wherever the voice could be, almost completely blocking out the girl from his mind.

Snippet

Snippet braced herself to enter the raging storm when a voice behind whispered "Wait!"
"Oh gladly," Snippet said turning around uncharacteristically slowly and calmly. "You see, this was his idea--"
"You have my attention who, or whatever you are. You don't mind revealing yourself now do you? It would certainly be more helpful for all of us if you did," the guy accompanying her said. Snipprt began clutching to her other dagger with her right hand.

Lothar

Lothar tried to turn his head to protect his eyes and other more sensitive parts of his face, but he was soon left with a nasty cut on his left cheek. But, at the same time that he tried to move his head, Lothar reflexively swung his torch at the weird creature to force it back or face getting burned. It was clear that the creature wouldn't leave him alone. So, he was aiming to not only win this fight, but win all future fights as well. Assuming the creature did back up, Lothar would use the opportunity to get up and ready his falchion in his right hand, and his torch on the left then continue to attack. He imagined that there would be more of them out in the woods and all this noise would attract them. He had to win quickly and get the heck out of the woods.

A long and mournful howl woke Thalen from his slumber, and he sat up, looking about. The darkness beneath the trees did little to provide any insight, and he settled back hesitantly. It was rare for a wolf to attack someone outright, he knew that, but wherever he was obviously wasn't a very normal place. Drawing his sword, he laid it beside him in his grasp, digging himself deeper into the crook and pulling a stray branch over him. The howl had been distant and he was in a fairly inconspicuous spot, so he nestled back in and laid listening for some time, scanning the darkness before falling back asleep.

Rok

“A mansion?” He could start to see the estate through the trees as he was drawing closer. It had gotten dark while he was traveling through the forest, and the sounds of the night had begun. Nocturnal creatures of all kinds could be heard between the leaves and twigs cracking beneath his feet as he walked.
Thinking that he hasn’t encountered any trouble thus far, he though “Might as well check it out. Can’t be too bad. “

As he exits the trees and comes upon the estate grounds, he hears what sounds like a heavy stone moving against more stone.

“Halt...”

Rok quickly turns towards the voice to see this statue, eyes glowing, addressing him.

“...who ...goes ...there?”

“Uh, yeah, hi. I’m Rok.” He rests his hand on the handle of his blade on his back. “Not a rock, mind you, but more of a human. I can understand if you’re confused.
Rok now stands a few feet from this mansion guardian and looks up to him, “Yeah, so where am I?”

"No, I don't mind." The voice answered softly from directly behind him and to his right. If and when they turned to face this voice, they would both be met a tall, slender woman with dark skin and golden eyes wearing a long blue robe with images of bird embroidered in silver thread along the hem and sleeves of her robe. She would seem to be glowing ever so faintly, and yet there wouldn't be the slightest hint of a shadow. Surely this was the woman the Raven spoke of!
matzi8qr matzi8qr L llamatime

The beast let out another shriek, this one of pain and surprise as it took a face-full of burning flame. The creature quickly covered its face with its hands before scampering off into the darkness, clearly having changed its mind about fighting the man. Once again things would fall quiet, but it would be a far more natural hush rather than the eerie silence of before. Now it would just be the man, the darkness of the woods, and the faintest tingling in his new-found scar.
Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

For a moment, things would once again be peaceful....However as soon as Thalen fell asleep the howl would cry out again, louder this time. If he dared opened his eyes, he might notice two glowing orbs peering at him silently from the darkness.

The golem stood in silence for a moment, it's gaze shifting for the blade Rok was reaching for as if observing him very keenly. "This...is the Master's....estate...However...it...is....Lothar's shelter...while the...Master...is...away. Are...you...a friend....of...Lothar?"
Denrawr Denrawr

Giovanni
He turned around as soon as he heard the reply. He looked up to see the woman and put his spear away with a calm expression on his face. "I shouldn't have expected less considering what I've seen today." He said as all focus was on this mysterious figure. "You don't mind if I ask some questions do you? I guess the most obvious one I have to ask is, where exactly am I? I don't have any memories of my life but I don't think this is where I live."

Lothar sighed. Clearly walking through the night was not a good idea... in fact... guardian warned him about the night. With this in mind, Lothar figured that it may simply be best to return to the estate and start his journey proper in the morning when he could actually see.

When a rustle distrubed his already fitful sleep, Thalen, sat up, grabbing his sword. Peering into the darkness, he fancied he saw a pair of tiny glowing eyes. He realized a howl had awoken him, and he quickly came to an ugly conclusion. Whatever it was was either curious, unafraid, or hungry, and he decided not to test his luck as he rose slowly, keeping his gaze fixed on the eyes and gripping his sword tightly. Holding a branch in his right hand, without warning he took two steps towards the creature and waved both arms up, yelling.

He figured if it had really wanted to kill him it would have done so already; and ceased his yelling, his heart stopping as he waited to see if the thing would scare or not.

Rok

"Lothar?" Can't say I know the guy. I also didn't know there were other people here."
Not sensing any imediate threat from the giant statue, Rok takes his hand off of his blade and takes a more comfortable stance.

"Can you tell me where Lothar is? Or where your Master is?"

Rok heard some howling in the distance and sorta looks around while talking to the statue.

"I...don't...believe...any...of these...humans I've...heard about.....know...each....other." The rock rumbled thoughtfully before it pointed its cleaver-arm to the north, "He went....to....find...some....woman...out in....the...desert.....The master...is....at...his...fortress and....has...been...for....some....time...now." Guardian wouldn't seem to pay any mind to the howling, instead turning its gaze to the north as it noticed a figure on his way back after a particularly rough encounter. "Who....goes....there?" Apparently rocks don't have good night vision!
Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Denrawr Denrawr

As Thalen got closer to the creature, he'd notice something small and shining hanging from its neck, but it would be impossible to make out what it was exactly in the dark without getting even closer. Startled, the giant wolf took a few steps back, seeming more confused than anything else. It stared at Thalen for a moment longer before apparently deciding this wasn't worth it and turning away back towards the empty-seeming plains.

Lothar carefully walked closer with his torch and clearly said out loud "It's me, Guardian. You were right about things being dangerous at night. I got attacked by some sort of... beast in the forest. I'll probably head out in the morning instead." It was then that he noticed the other person who was talking to Guardian. Lothar stood with his torch in one hand and falchion in the other. "Who is that Guardian? Someone you know?"

Thalen stared as it loped off, feeling dumb. It had wore something around its neck, and curiosity took over as he made to follow it. It had seemed oddly docile, not to mention the intelligent glint of its eyes as it turned away and walked back towards the plains. The moonlight that managed to get beneath the trees was feeble, but it was enough to make out the wolf's dark and shifting form. Occasionally it would seem to vanish in the darkness, then reappear a couple metres forward.

As they neared the plains the treeline ended, and the pale orb in the sky silhouetted the wolf's form as it crested a low hill.

Amber Brightwood
Lying on the ground. She was lying on her back on the ground.
The huntress stiffened when she woke up, but she didn't move. Instead, she waited and listened as best as she could for several minutes. Amber took stock of what she had; she could feel her bow pressed against her back, and her quiver of arrows at her side. Nothing felt like it was missing.
After a long time of hearing nothing but ordinary nighttime noises, she decided there was no eminent threat and stood up in tall grasses.
Amber took a long look around her to ascertain where she was, because she had no clue. Her eyes narrowed. She couldn't remember getting here, either. And when she tried to recall, she couldn't remember anything. Alarm began brewing before she suppressed it and continued her survey. She'd save that problem for when she had finished tackling the basics.
In the dark, it was hard to see much beyond the apparent forest that surrounded the hill Amber stood upon, but she still did her best to get her bearings. The most she could be certain of was a lake--it had to be a lake, a solid space, reflecting the sky. Only water would look like that. Which was good, a lake meant a water source.
She couldn't tell much else at all, which unnerved her. Even the hours til daylight were uncertain.
Amber quietly made her way to an edge of the forest around her. Pine. Easy to climb. After a few more moments of assessment, she found a tree with a few lower branches, and clambered through the cartwheel-like limbs. She hopped from that three to another, and to another, to the most sturdy she could find with the clearing of the hill still in sight. She settled there about halfway up the tree, readied her bow, knocked an arrow, and leaned against the trunk to wait for sunrise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back